Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-16-2009, 07:52 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I remember i was thinking about making a truths thread at the time, and was tempted to make one bc of the outrage of Chris Johnson being drafted that "high". The truth was going to be that the Titans made the right call drafting him.

But then I got lazy, and figured I did enough truth threads.

I just liked what I saw in the limited sample size I saw of him. I remember LonghornsLegend was pimping him prior to the draft, and I saw what he saw, and was sold. He called it.

For the record though, I thought that the Cowboys shouldve taken Medenhall instead of Jones. Not Chris Johnson.

I wouldn't have the balls to draft Chris Johnson as high as the Cowboys 1st pick that year.
I kinda wish ya had made that thread. I remember Scott's review of our Draft. He tore into the Titans FO big time for passing up a WR in favor of a RB. Plus, the Titans took William Hayes in the 4th RD, which was considered a Raidersesque reach at that point (He's turned out to be a very good DE though, leads the Titans DE's in Sacks, and is starting over Jevon Kearse).

I was frea-king-out, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk360 View Post
johnson is nice, but ill take adrian peterson 7 days a week in the end game.
I agree, but if the game is on the line or a play has to be made, there's no other non-QB I'd rather have the ball than Chris Johnson.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:29 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I like to think I keep up with most prospects but missed the boat on CJ. Did everyone who had a legit predraft opinion on Johnson actually watch a bunch of East Carolina games? I had to draw the line somewhere I suppose.
I was really into the RB and CB prospects that year because I knew we would go after those positions early, and there were a few things that stood out about CJ to me.

He didn't dance around looking for holes like most scat backs, he found the seam and hit it hard. Almost all of his runs he seperated from the defense at a ridiculous rate and it usually wasn't close. Then in retrospect when I watched alot of game tape from Felix he didn't seem like he had the same explosion, or gear that CJ had, and Felix was caught from behind quite a bit on those Arkansas tapes.

CJ also played alot of WR and had alot of versatility to him, and in Dallas' instance that seemed to make more sense since he wouldn't have to do everything. I only saw him play live a few times, but he really jumped off the tape at me. I was trying to figure out if he was just running past everyone, or if he was using patience, letting blocks develop, finding the hole then exploding, and he really didn't seem like a one trick pony.

That said, there was a nice little CJ bandwagon that Cowboy fans were on pre-draft, I think it was about 5 or so of us that wanted him, and rumor has it that Tennessee was going to take Felix if he was there(I think they had him rated higher honestly) so he may of fell to our 2nd pick.

I just really liked the guys chances with that type of blend of explosion/patience/vision, and while Felix looked average to me CJ looked like a man amongst boys but it was easy to look at the competition and blame it all on that. Besides it was pretty easy to bash Tennessee when they just blew a 2nd on Chris Henry who was supposed to be the same thing.

I'm not mad with Felix and think he can be special too so I obviously missed on that because I was calling him a 2nd round talent and nothing special, but it really wouldn't be fair if we had CJ here but like D alluded to Garrett would never use him the way he should. It's better that he's 'the man' in Tennessee and proving he can be a feature back and run the show.

Hell, anyone notice he's even getting goal line carries now? He literally does everything at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote