Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 11-13-2009, 11:09 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Packers-Cowboys-Week 10

meh. Probably the least excited I've been for a Packer game this year.

If we win, I feel like it'll just give me false hope for the rest of the season.

But, it'll be interesting. TJ Lang at RT seems like a good idea. I've been way homerish about the o-line this year. every week its a different lineup and I always convince myself that THIS is the lineup that's gonna turn it around. But, really...6 sacks to the Bucs. Rodgers should just charge Demarcus Ware rent for the amount of time he's gonna spend on top of him.

Ah well. win and we have 2 winnable games after it. then a brutal december.

Lose, and it's time to start thinking about the offseason.

Could be worse, we could be bears fans. wow, do they ever suck.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll be at this game on the 50 yard line about 20 rows up...Sitting at home and watching a loss is hard enough on me, so I am praying they come out and take it to the 'Boys
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 01:11 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brad Jones starting in place of Kampman too. I'm pretty excited to see him play.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

If we can't get to Romo, this game won't be pretty vs a strong and balanced Dallas squad.
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 04:27 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ware is going to be double and tripple teamed I would assume...the guy the packers want to worry about is Jay Ratliff. He abused the interior of the philly OL...and will likely do the same in GB. Ratliff has been our defensive MVP this year...Ware will probably get one sack and maybe another one in mop up duty...but this is a pretty classic setup game for the cowboys...the thing about the cowboys this year is that they have the offensive firepower to drive on teams and wear them down. Thing about the packers is that they can do the same. I wouldn't say I'm scared about this game...but definately not confident that we are going to run you guys over in your own den. This game will likely be closer than the score board indicates.

34 - 20

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 04:44 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Ware is going to be double and tripple teamed I would assume...the guy the packers want to worry about is Jay Ratliff. He abused the interior of the philly OL...and will likely do the same in GB. Ratliff has been our defensive MVP this year...Ware will probably get one sack and maybe another one in mop up duty...but this is a pretty classic setup game for the cowboys...the thing about the cowboys this year is that they have the offensive firepower to drive on teams and wear them down. Thing about the packers is that they can do the same. I wouldn't say I'm scared about this game...but definately not confident that we are going to run you guys over in your own den. This game will likely be closer than the score board indicates.

34 - 20
Ratliff destroyed the Packers last season too if I remember correctly... GB's interior line( aside from Wells) has actually been pretty solid, especially Sitton. Maybe they can contain him. I think it will be someone coming off the edges that does the Packers in however.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 11-13-2009, 05:11 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I'll be disappointed if we don't have at least 5 sacks.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl85 View Post
I'll be disappointed if we don't have at least 5 sacks.
Feeling strong my friend?

Can anyone tell me a single Packer that would be starting on a top 5 team in the NFL right now?

Yes there's Woodson, Rodgers, maybe Cullen Jenkins. That's about it. TT's big mistake was talent evaluation. I look at the roster and see a bunch of pro-bowl caliber players, but maybe not...Maybe they just aren't as good as we all thought.

Coaching can only play with what he has.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coaching is a huge issue. The team has talent. But there are glaring holes... obviously the offensive line is the big one.
With solid coaching, after a while these holes could potentially be masked... Maybe find the best OLine combo through practice... not with trial and error every different game. Like Lang at RT now? MM is just praying every week that the combo he puts out there is the right one.
And why not call different plays. A-Rod is holding on a long time, yes. But thats partly because we're having our biggest playmakers running deep routes a lot. We don't have protection to run these plays a lot. Run more 2007 like plays. Short routes, slants, let our guys get some YAC.
We should also be leaving in backs and TE's way more to help out, like what we did at the end of the first Minny game. But often, we don't... it's puzzling.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
Coaching is a huge issue. The team has talent. But there are glaring holes... obviously the offensive line is the big one.
With solid coaching, after a while these holes could potentially be masked... Maybe find the best OLine combo through practice... not with trial and error every different game. Like Lang at RT now? MM is just praying every week that the combo he puts out there is the right one.
And why not call different plays. A-Rod is holding on a long time, yes. But thats partly because we're having our biggest playmakers running deep routes a lot. We don't have protection to run these plays a lot. Run more 2007 like plays. Short routes, slants, let our guys get some YAC.
We should also be leaving in backs and TE's way more to help out, like what we did at the end of the first Minny game. But often, we don't... it's puzzling.
Good call. Playing pick a name out of a hat in order to set up the O-line each game isn't going to help the unit gel in any way. Maybe Lang was getting comfortable at LT, now swap him to RT up against a fearsome front in Dallas.

And yeah again, run more when it's working! If you are going to pass, USE THE SHORT PASSING GAME. Don't make every play a down the field pass.

They need to mask plays, see what not to do: empty backfield. I could go on and on, but I think I'm just repeating exactly what your saying.

Haha. Ahh what can we do but continue to cheer, hope, invest.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have two separate feelings on this game.

1. Could be a trap game. GB's offense is legit. I know the OL has it's share of problems but Rodgers has shown plenty enough to move the offense despite them. Your defense ain't too shabby either. Everything on paper, you guys look great. If the game is cold.... Dallas will have difficulty. If Dallas' loses, it will be close, but it's definitely possible, if not probable.

2. The other thought I have is that the Cowboys still don't have a statement game this year. No blow out win against a formidable opponent away from home. If the Cowboys demolish the Packers it could really boost their confidence and carry them through a tough December and finally gain respect for this year's team.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

1. Could be a trap game. GB's offense is legit. I know the OL has it's share of problems but Rodgers has shown plenty enough to move the offense despite them. Your defense ain't too shabby either. Everything on paper, you guys look great. If the game is cold.... Dallas will have difficulty. If Dallas' loses, it will be close, but it's definitely possible, if not probable.

2. The other thought I have is that the Cowboys still don't have a statement game this year. No blow out win against a formidable opponent away from home. If the Cowboys demolish the Packers it could really boost their confidence and carry them through a tough December and finally gain respect for this year's team.
Partly cloudy, 50, and a little wind. Weather won't be an issue.

The opposite of your 2. If Green Bay wins it could be confidence for them too..5-4 with San Fran and the Lions coming up could change the entire season around.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

#2 is much more likely. Our offense has bad playcalling and epically awful blocking. Thats a recipe for disaster. And our defense has barely any passrush. So while we may look good on paper, so far this season we've actually been pretty bad, mediocre at absolute best. I mean out of our four wins, three were against Cleveland, Detroit, and St. Louis. Possibly the three worst teams in the league.

Last edited by Mr.Regular : 11-13-2009 at 10:15 PM.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
#2 is much more likely. Our offense has bad playcalling and epically awful blocking. Thats a recipe for disaster. And our defense has barely any passrush. So while we may look good on paper, so far this season we've actually been pretty bad. I mean out of our four wins, three were against Cleveland, Detroit, and St. Louis. Possibly the three worst teams in the league.
You'd be surprised how the stars can align sometimes. Our coaching ain't so hot either.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
Veteran

Quote:
You'd be surprised how the stars can align sometimes. Our coaching ain't so hot either.
Yeah, true. I'm just very pessimistic about this team. Team is kind of what some people predicted the Boys were going to be this year... not much leadership, awful coaching, good on paper but fall apart on Sundays.
And it's been like that for two straight years.

Old 11-14-2009, 01:41 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Were going to lose just like weve lost to the Cowboys the last 2 years.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 11:17 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

News and views from Friday's practice

November 13, 2009, 12:00 PM

By: Calvin Watkins

IRVING, Texas -- Here are some news and views from Wade Phillips' news conference and the 20 minutes we were allowed to watch practice Friday:

Allen Rossum missed practice again with a right hamstring pull, no surprise there. However, Rossum said he did some running Wednesday and he's getting close.

Kevin Ogletree and Felix Jones are fielding kickoffs in practice. We believe Jones is still the No. 1 return man, but if his offensive load increases, Ogletree will take over some.

Free safety Ken Hamlin (groin) and center Andre Gurode (ankle) practiced for the second consecutive day, and coach Wade Phillips said if both worked out Friday, they should play Sunday at Green Bay.

The Cowboys are 1-5 all-time at Lambeau Field. The first win came last season, 27-16. Phillips has plenty of praise for the 4-4 Green Bay Packers.

"I think it's a really important game for us," Phillips said. "If you can win one on the road, especially against Green Bay, which has a lot of great tradition and a lot of great football players, plus their offense is really one of the top offenses and they have one of the top defenses, it will be a real challenge for us."

http://espn.go.com/dallas/columns/co..._/post/4651920
Old 11-14-2009, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Packystan
Rookie

Packystan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Packystan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

McCarthy absolutely must establish the run this week for us to have any chance to win this game. If he falls in love with the pass again, and gives Ware and Ratliff 5 to 7 seconds like we did with Tampa last week, were going to get embarrassed, again. I don't ever remember a time where a teams offensive identity completely changed from what made it successful. Play action on 3rd and 5, when you've passed it on first and second down? Nobody's fooled Mike. Ryan Grant, quick slants, and quick hitches etc. should be at a premium in this game if we plan on being efficient on offense. Should, Mike.

I guess theres one more cup of Kool Aid left... sigh. Hope its worth drinking.

Packers 31
Cowboys 28
Old 11-14-2009, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

I think they 1-5 all-time record at Lambeau can be thrown out the window. Green Bay has not protected their home field for quite some time. Lambeau used to be and automatic loss for opposing teams, now it's just an away game.

Either way, I think this will be a shoot out. Dallas is all around better than the Packers, so they will have to simply out play the Cowboys to win this one. I'm pessimisticly optimistic...Um.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packystan View Post
McCarthy absolutely must establish the run this week for us to have any chance to win this game. If he falls in love with the pass again, and gives Ware and Ratliff 5 to 7 seconds like we did with Tampa last week, were going to get embarrassed again. I don't ever remember a time where a teams offensive identity completely changed from what made it successful. Play action on 3rd and 5, when you've passed it on first and second down? Nobody's fooled Mike. Ryan Grant, quick slants, and quick hitches etc. should be at a premium in this game if we plan on being efficient on offense. Should, Mike.

I guess theres one more cup of Kool Aid left... sigh. Hope its worth drinking.

Packers 31
Cowboys 28
I'll drink that Kool Aid until they are officially eliminated from playoff contention. It's almost sad how much Packer games affect my entire upcoming week.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:20 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

The only way I can really see us losing this game is if playing in his heroes old stomping grounds inspires Romo to throw 4 INTs in honor of the career leader in INTs.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Thumbs up

Quote:
The only way I can really see us losing this game is if playing in his heroes old stomping grounds inspires Romo to throw 4 INTs in honor of the career leader in INTs.
He publicly stated Favre wasn't even a childhood idol of his nor was he a Packer fan...That said, if Romo wants to honor the corpse of Brett Favre with a couple INT's I'll gladly salute the Burlington alum.

Last edited by Whistler6 : 11-14-2009 at 01:25 PM.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:24 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
He publicly stated Favre wasn't even a childhood idol of his nor was he a Packer fan...That said, if he wants to honor the corpse of Brett Favre with a couple INT's I am all for it.
Do you have a link that states that because I've always heard he was a mark for Favre.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:41 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Do you have a link that states that because I've always heard he was a mark for Favre.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Ive heard him say that as well.

they get smoked.

Old 11-14-2009, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Packystan
Rookie

Packystan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Packystan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/29337284.html