Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-15-2009, 08:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
"The one in the lights is on me. But if the light's not there that's a caught ball."

-Roy Williams

Oh geez, Roy. :/
hahahahha. OK, Jerry needs to go back and restructure his contract to account for "lights in the eyes".

Pathetic Roy. Shut up.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 08:50 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Why do you think?
I agree that he pretty much ignored the left side of the field on that play. And he does this a lot when looking right. Most of his INT if you care to remember are right. Seriously, he has a blind spot to the left and no one seems to have figured it out.

And the INT, again, focused right. Champ Bailey focused right. Hurd incompletions focused right. GMen INT focused right. ............ Witten today, focused right.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 08:54 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, hopefully Austin can figure out how to handle the added focus on him. We need him to get open or open things up for others. He can no longer enjoy the benefit of being the lucky one not to get attention.
Yeah, maybe JG can step up and put players in positions to succeed instead of just worrying about XOXOs.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:00 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DMN blog is funny, when we win were a SB team and one of the league's best, Romo finally turned the corner, when we lose we need to fire Wade, Garrett, trade Romo, and were a pathetic team lol.

Seriously though, at least Philly lost. Guess me and D had that same feeling about this game for a reason. Roy had a chance to make some plays and get us out of a slump but 2 plays that should NEVER happen. Still he's starting to look more comfortable and involved, it's not like he lost the game for us.

How many rushes did we have this game? I mean, come the **** on, stuff like that there is no excuse for. I think Romo threw that pick on the 1 yard line, really? Barber? With better playcalling, and Folk missing that bunny it's a game in the 4th, those are the two areas that stick out in my head as to why this wasn't at least close in the final moments.

Lots of other bad things I noticed, but those were key to me. Austin is getting doubled yes, but I would like him to start to pick up some more of the little things great WR's do, so we'll have to watch his development over the last part of the season.

Still in 1st place, yes it was a ****** game vs a beatable team, but this is the NFL. I won't be upset about it very long honestly because the big picture is more important, I just want to see if we correct our mistakes. But the lack of rushes this game was irresponsible by Garrett, we have 3 RB's and that's the best he can do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 09:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
Yeah, maybe JG can step up and put players in positions to succeed instead of just worrying about XOXOs.
I'm not sure he even worries about XOXOs... his scheme is still predictable, still simplistic and still too pass heavy. We need an experienced coordinator. Not this fly by the seat of his pants guy who borrows his stuff from everyone else.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:03 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

The bottom line is that we need to be able to actually run the ball more often and with greater efficiency to take some pressure off Tony. I don't know how we're gonna do that without Marc though.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
DMN blog is funny, when we win were a SB team and one of the league's best, Romo finally turned the corner, when we lose we need to fire Wade, Garrett, trade Romo, and were a pathetic team lol.

Seriously though, at least Philly lost. Guess me and D had that same feeling about this game for a reason. Roy had a chance to make some plays and get us out of a slump but 2 plays that should NEVER happen. Still he's starting to look more comfortable and involved, it's not like he lost the game for us.

How many rushes did we have this game? I mean, come the **** on, stuff like that there is no excuse for. I think Romo threw that pick on the 1 yard line, really? Barber? With better playcalling, and Folk missing that bunny it's a game in the 4th, those are the two areas that stick out in my head as to why this wasn't at least close in the final moments.

Lots of other bad things I noticed, but those were key to me. Austin is getting doubled yes, but I would like him to start to pick up some more of the little things great WR's do, so we'll have to watch his development over the last part of the season.

Still in 1st place, yes it was a ****** game vs a beatable team, but this is the NFL. I won't be upset about it very long honestly because the big picture is more important, I just want to see if we correct our mistakes. But the lack of rushes this game was irresponsible by Garrett, we have 3 RB's and that's the best he can do?
Love this post! Glad we have some level headed guys around here.

Talking Cowboys is so great isn't it? Win or lose... plenty of stuff to talk about.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl85 View Post
The bottom line is that we need to be able to actually run the ball more often and with greater efficiency to take some pressure off Tony. I don't know how we're gonna do that without Marc though.
Run straight behind Gurode or run to the left. If Kosier can't open things up next to Flo, then he is what I thought he was. lol. I feel like Denny Green.

Or run to the left with Davis pulling to the left.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:16 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Injuries are the biggest concern for me after today's game. The effort sucks the big one, but like LL said this is the NFL. The Cowboys got dominated in the trenches today, but seeing how they've played all season long, I'm not going to go apeshit acting like this will happen all season long unless it happens 3 weeks in a row. The biggest thing is how Jenkins is doing. Right now we see him playing at a high level, and the team can't afford to lose him now. Columbo's injury already leaves a huge void, they don't need another big one happening.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 09:22 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The three backs only ran the ball 11 times between them all. 11 times. Garrett just sucks, and those three deserve better. We've seen him abandon the run too often, and I'm getting sick of it happening.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 09:23 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't feel too bad about this game if I were you guys. Your line looked like injuries were a big factor. And I thought Scandrick played better than what it looked like. I remember him being the victim on some outstanding plays by GB players that would have burned a lot of CBs. I thought he had pretty good coverage and was in good position on a number of plays.

The refs did a really poor job on this one too. I don't think they gave us the game or anything, but it seemed like they were on our side. I wouldn't bring it up if I didn't think they looked incompetent today as you could see they reviewed 2 (!!) plays that weren't even eligible. It reminded me of the first year they put in the challenge rules.

Good game

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 09:40 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

If Miles Austin had done what Roy Williams did I am not sure the reaction would be the same. Roy Williams did cost us this game b/c he drained momentum TWICE in the game. Folk also is getting most annoying with his erratic play. 14 of 18 is not very good.

Folk make his FG, Roy does not fumble and we are talking 6-3 at half at minimum and get the ball to start the second half. We also are able to run more in the second half which probably eliminates the the Romo fumble.

Momentum is important and Folk/Williams KILLED US.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:42 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Love this post! Glad we have some level headed guys around here.

Talking Cowboys is so great isn't it? Win or lose... plenty of stuff to talk about.
Right. Yah.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:45 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

The good news is I'm going to the Washington game. The bad news is I'm going to the Washington game. I've often been bad luck for the team as they seem to lose more when I see them in person for some reason. Seriously though we better be ready to play against the Redskins. I think the Skins are top ten defensively so I don't expect it to be particularly high scoring.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
The good news is I'm going to the Washington game. The bad news is I'm going to the Washington game. I've often been bad luck for the team as they seem to lose more when I see them in person for some reason. Seriously though we better be ready to play against the Redskins. I think the Skins are top ten defensively so I don't expect it to be particularly high scoring.
Haha. If we lose to the Redskins and Raiders at home then we don't deserve crap.

We should be 8-3 in 2 weeks. Lookin' golden.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:32 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The game will be our Ram game from last year.
Oh come on now. The Packers don't suck that much. :)

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 03:14 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't put too much weight on this loss. You can't expect to win every game. Look at the Saints, they survived a horrible Rams team. Yesterday game was just "one of those games". The important thing is to bounce back, bad games happen all the time. After all we have just won once in Lambeau and we have had some great teams that weren't able to win there. As I said, I think the missed FG set the tone for the entire offense, they couldn't find a rhythm. The defense played good, they wore down at the end because they were on the field for 30+ minutes. And the last TD we allowed is on the offense.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 03:48 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just want to point out my highlight of the game. Anthony Spencer...what a game...he was all over the field today...he might not be a sack artist like Merriman...but he is a stud SOLB or atleast played like one today. That is promising...after starting 8 games he looks very comfortable.

Davis moving to LT for a play today is forshadowing. I can see it happening next year already.

Nothing has changed on the offense from last year. Still pass heavy. Still plagued by penalties. I know people have been excited about Garrett so far this year but like I said he should have went with Stewart. Either that or he has to be the HC and get an experienced guy like cam cameron...someone who can dictate the pace of a game. My big problem with Garrett is that his gameplan is so set on execution that if the team fails he can't overcome it and thus has to abandon him gameplan. This game isn't played on paper. You have to be able to mix and match. It's like he is playing chess but already has all his moves scripted...if for whatever reason we aren't in controll of the game and his loses faith in his gameplan he forces the issue by passing the ball and trying to gain that controll so he can get back to his gameplan. It is a classic case of inexperience imo. He is smart enough to make adjustments...but abandoning your gameplan in games that are clearly in reach is ignorant.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, that certainly sucked the big one. However, it's a long season and there's no need to jump off the cliff.

I may be in the minority, but I think Free will do just fine. Let's not forget, the guy was one of the most athletic OTs in the draft that year. They may actually be able to do some things that take advantage of his athleticism.

In fact, I'm wondering if he does do well, why not try him at LT and move Flo to RT? Flo looked really old and slow yesterday.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 11:11 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
You call what Williams is having as "success?" The guy is like ANTI-MOMENTUM. You know eventually he is going to blow a big play .... today TWO.

You know, I see teams like Houston get the ball to Andre Johnson regardless of coverage b/c they put him in the hots routes. Same as Fitz -- which is why Boldin is angry and jealosu.

Mike Irvin used to say he would switch X/Y with Harper when he wanted the ball because he knew where the "hot" read was going with the ball. He knew certain routes where were the PLAYMAKER was needed.

That is what I want done with Austin. Get him the ball 8-10 times per game and spread the rest out over the others as needed. Alvin would get a few but just that few ....

Not saying close your eyes and throw to Austin but you need to make a better effort than we have last two weeks.
Ahem. Austin is the man.