Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-16-2009, 02:49 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Looks like you can take Gruden off the HC list

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4659441

Getting a lot of money from Tampa still getting money from ESPN. He's great on Monday Night Football. More free time on his hands to be with family. Why not? I would stay too!!
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he has done a good job for the most part and should only get better.
Old 11-16-2009, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

now, if they'd only get rid of "Jaws"

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
now, if they'd only get rid of "Jaws"
so true according to him Joe Flacco has not met his expectations.
Old 11-16-2009, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As long as it isn't Cris Collinsworth I don't care lol. Tom Brady has the strongest arm in the NFL? WTF?
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 04:23 PM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Jaws, he gives good insight and is very passionate about the game, you can hear it in his voice. Hes also not afraid to go out on a limb and maybe look bad in front of a national audience to say something that might blow up in his face.

Gruden has been terrible in the booth in my opinion. Yeah he too brings enthusiasm, but he only really comes out with generic cliches and bland uncommitive comments that dont bring anything special to the game. For a guy that was supposed to be a hardass coach, one who won a superbowl and accomplished a lot, and tough guy, he comes across as weak in the booth, like hes trying not to say anything that will prevent him from getting a coaching job in the future. Its dissappointing I guess because Id expect someone with his resume to bring a lot more to the booth than he does.
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 04:26 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Noooooo--

*hears a whisper from offstage

What, Norv Turner just became the winningest Charger coach ever?

*blinks.
**is confused.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
As long as it isn't Cris Collinsworth I don't care lol. Tom Brady has the strongest arm in the NFL? WTF?
he said that his arm is up there with the league's strongest, not the strongest.

that being said, Collinsworth is an ass.

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 04:58 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahin View Post
he said that his arm is up there with the league's strongest, not the strongest.

that being said, Collinsworth is an ass.
Which is funny because he resembles a *****.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:20 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jaws is pretty good,imo.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 05:58 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just because he inked a deal long term doesn't mean that he would turn down a coaching job if given the opportunity IMO.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 06:04 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dude this years MNF is much better than last years. When will they get Steve Young to do something worth while rather than sit next to that dumbass Emmitt Smith.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:06 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Dude this years MNF is much better than last years. When will they get Steve Young to do something worth while rather than sit next to that dumbass Emmitt Smith.
Gruden, Young and Jaws = Terrific. And come on you guys know Jaws is good.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:09 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Just because he inked a deal long term doesn't mean that he would turn down a coaching job if given the opportunity IMO.
This. Even if it isn't this offseason.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a fan of Jaws all he talks about is QB's the whole time I know he played QB but still.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:12 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I'm not a fan of Jaws all he talks about is QB's the whole time I know he played QB but still.
He knows the position pretty well. Sometimes he can get crazy in what he says but I never dismiss his opinion.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Dirk360
Rookie

Dirk360 smells like sex panther.Dirk360 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
guys who have a stronger arm jamarcus russel, donovan mcnabb, and carson palmer (maybe)? brady has a very strong arm.

i actually like collinsworth alot. some of you guys are downright mean with the stuff you say. check yourselves.
Dirk360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jon Gruden is awesome.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I don't dismiss his opinino I'm just like ok all ready there are ten other guys on a offense to.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk360 View Post
guys who have a stronger arm jamarcus russel, donovan mcnabb, and carson palmer (maybe)? brady has a very strong arm.

i actually like collinsworth alot. some of you guys are downright mean.
Brady is IMO probably the most technically sound QB in the league. He won't be able to throw the ball 60 yards standing on one leg and going backwards like a Jamarcus Russell could do, but just because he has such a beautiful, perfect throwing motion (and he steps so well in it) he'll be able to throw it over 9000 yards away.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Dirk360
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
Jon Gruden is awesome.
gives way too much credit to qbs. if i have to listen to him call peyton manning "THE SHERRIF" one more time im going to go loony. Or listen to him go on and on about tom brady during the pre snap sequence. ughh. grudes means well and is a good guy but he needs to tone it down a bit.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

He just likes it so much. In the booth he's like a kid in a candy store.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:29 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk360 View Post
Jay Cutler, the Mannings, Favre, Vick, Henne, Big Ben, Joe Flacco, Stafford, and Rodgers probably all have better arms than Tom on top of the ones you mentioned. That's not even mentioning guys who probably do, but don't count because their names are Kyle Boller.

Big arms definitely do not make the QB.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Dirk360
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
He just likes it so much. In the booth he's like a kid in a candy store.
i know he does and he even gets me pumped about guys some times. but last week Grudes compared the steelers to Mariano Rivera? What the? That had nothing to do with the NFL. I admire john's passion for the game.

Also, a disturbing trend im finding is that it seems everyone hates every broadcaster. you hear people say oh "joe buck is a dbag" or "collinsworth is a blowhard". im just wondering what people are looking for in a broadcaster since the standards seem to be very high.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

In a broadcaster, I'm looking for Jon Gruden.