Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

Old 11-18-2009, 06:51 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On my iPhone so I'll be brief. No where did I spin anything about the Eagles having inferior talent. Ok, have a nice day. :)
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I could be wrong, but I thought Kolb looked pretty impressive in the time he had. At least you had your full playbook open.

I can't always trust you guys. You said Dawkins was washed up when he left Philly. He's been a big part of the turnaround of the Denver D.
I never said he was washed up. I just said his role changed dramatically from a coverage FS to a LOS SS. His coverage isn't anywhere near where it used to be.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 08:12 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
D has made a pretty damn convincing argument. For the Giants sake, I hope he's right, bc I do NOT want to see the Eagles in the postseason if we make it to the playoffs.
We can almost guarantee there will be at least one NFC east matchup in the playoffs again this year, seems like it always happens and for that reason is why I never feel good about sweeping an NFC east team during the regular season because we know how hard that is to do 3 times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 07:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One week down. Prediction in check.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
One week down. Prediction in check.
Two weeks down. Prediction looking shaky. Week 14 is shaping up to be a huge game with big playoff implications.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:03 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Two weeks down. Prediction looking shaky. Week 14 is shaping up to be a huge game with big playoff implications.
Eagles going up against a Falcons team that might be without Matt Ryan and Michael Turner.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:29 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Actually, I said you'd win these last 2 games. ;)

The way the Giants are looking though, they are making me look bad. LOL.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This prediction is skating on thin Ice, your main point was how the Giants would come back and how injuries were piling up for the Eagles (mainly Westbrook). But the Giants have for some reason or another just hit a brick wall that they can't get over and the Cowboys have struggled 2 of the last 3 weeks.

And like I tried to tell you earlier in this thread Westbrook is hardly as important as he used to be, in the 5 games Westy has missed LeSean McCoy has rushed for 395 yards at an average of 4.8 YPC and has collected 105 receiving yards at 8.75 yards a catch, that is 500 all purpose yards in 5 games and he has scored 3 times and converted a 2 point conversion. And Leonard Weaver has 161 rushing yards at 6.44 YPC and he has a TD as well. When you look at the duo that has been responsible for replacing Westbrook they've rushed for 556 yards and 4 touchdowns in 5 games without Westbrook. They're not really missing him, in fact in games where Westbrook doesn't play the Eagles are 4-1.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Actually, I said you'd win these last 2 games. ;)

The way the Giants are looking though, they are making me look bad. LOL.
Yeah that's more what I was referring to lol. To be fair you thought Orton would be out so that does change a lot.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
This prediction is skating on thin Ice, your main point was how the Giants would come back and how injuries were piling up for the Eagles (mainly Westbrook). But the Giants have for some reason or another just hit a brick wall that they can't get over and the Cowboys have struggled 2 of the last 3 weeks.

And like I tried to tell you earlier in this thread Westbrook is hardly as important as he used to be, in the 5 games Westy has missed LeSean McCoy has rushed for 395 yards at an average of 4.8 YPC and has collected 105 receiving yards at 8.75 yards a catch, that is 500 all purpose yards in 5 games and he has scored 3 times and converted a 2 point conversion. And Leonard Weaver has 161 rushing yards at 6.44 YPC and he has a TD as well. When you look at the duo that has been responsible for replacing Westbrook they've rushed for 556 yards and 4 touchdowns in 5 games without Westbrook. They're not really missing him, in fact in games where Westbrook doesn't play the Eagles are 4-1.
Don't worry about it man. The Giants ran into a tough Denver team, but they might beat the Cowboys and that wouldn't surprise a smart man. Then that wall you speak of is all of a sudden not such a wall after all. 2-1 after the bye? I'm more worried about Eli's injury.

Regardless, this isn't about the Giants anyway. They could miss the playoffs and it still wouldn't have much to do about this thread since this is about the Eagles finishing 9-7 and out of the playoffs.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My money is on the Eagles closing the season 4-1 (wins against the Falcons, Broncos, 49ers and Cowboys loss to the Giants) and the Cowboys finishing 2-3 (with losses to the Saints, Chargers and Eagles wins against Redskins and Giants). The Eagles stretch run is easier than the Cowboys stretch run IMO because they have to go against 5 very tough teams

Obviously the week 17 game is going to be very important because the Eagles and Cowboys could both easily be heading into that game with 11-4 records.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
My money is on the Eagles closing the season 4-1 (wins against the Falcons, Broncos, 49ers and Cowboys loss to the Giants) and the Cowboys finishing 2-3 (with losses to the Saints, Chargers and Eagles wins against Redskins and Giants). The Eagles stretch run is easier than the Cowboys stretch run IMO because they have to go against 5 very tough teams

Obviously the week 17 game is going to be very important because the Eagles and Cowboys could both easily be heading into that game with 11-4 records.
Desean Jackson can't afford any more tough hits. Sad to see for such a young player, but his size was always a concern anyways, so it's not surprising. He's not built to go across the middle. Keeping him healthy is a MUST if you plan on going 4-1.

You WILL NOT be 11-4 heading into the Cowboys game. You WILL NOT!
Old 11-30-2009, 06:48 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Desean Jackson can't afford any more tough hits. Sad to see for such a young player, but his size was always a concern anyways, so it's not surprising. He's not built to go across the middle. Keeping him healthy is a MUST if you plan on going 4-1.

You WILL NOT be 11-4 heading into the Cowboys game. You WILL NOT!
He hasnt missed a game yet in his career and has shown to be extremely durable for his lack of "size". I think he will be fine and his career is not in peril.

11-4 is definitely in reach for this Eagles team. I would mark San Francisco and Falcons down as both wins right now.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

you never know, with games against Falcons (without Ryan or Turner), 49ers, Broncos and Giants a 4-0 run isn't that crazy, especially considering this is the time of year the Eagles always get hot.

And I knew someone was going to fault DeSean Jackson for getting hurt... He has went over the middle for 2 seasons and has done just fine and he would have been just fine, in fact his frame took no damage from the hit by London Fletcher. His size has nothing to do with the fact that London Fletcher led with his helmet and concussed him, no matter what size the receiver is they would've been concussed with that helmet to helmet contact by Fletcher. And you act like he is done for the season, it was a very minor concussion and he might play against Atlanta and he will most definitely play against the Broncos.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
you never know, with games against Falcons (without Ryan or Turner), 49ers, Broncos and Giants a 4-0 run isn't that crazy, especially considering this is the time of year the Eagles always get hot.

And I knew someone was going to fault DeSean Jackson for getting hurt... He has went over the middle for 2 seasons and has done just fine and he would have been just fine, in fact his frame took no damage from the hit by London Fletcher. His size has nothing to do with the fact that London Fletcher led with his helmet and concussed him, no matter what size the receiver is they would've been concussed with that helmet to helmet contact by Fletcher. And you act like he is done for the season, it was a very minor concussion and he might play against Atlanta and he will most definitely play against the Broncos.
A "minor" concussion is a concussion that happens to somebody else. If it happens to you, it ain't minor. LOL. Seriously though, he's too young to be experiencing concussions already. I hope he never has another one, but the reality is contrary to that.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
He hasnt missed a game yet in his career and has shown to be extremely durable for his lack of "size". I think he will be fine and his career is not in peril.

11-4 is definitely in reach for this Eagles team. I would mark San Francisco and Falcons down as both wins right now.
You barely squeezed out a win against the Redskins in your own house... Now you're chest bumping about how you have 4 straight wins lined up??? C'mon now.

I will agree that the Falcons and SF look beatable though. I didn't foresee Matt Ryan and Michael Turner not playing. That looks like it will change things.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Quote:
You barely squeezed out a win against the Redskins in your own house... Now you're chest bumping about how you have 4 straight wins lined up??? C'mon now.

I will agree that the Falcons and SF look beatable though. I didn't foresee Matt Ryan and Michael Turner not playing. That looks like it will change things.
See: Cowboys/Redskins, week 11
Old 11-30-2009, 07:16 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

Quote:
Dont you feel the least bit hypocritical? I mean we won by more than 1 point, right?

Dallas still has at the Giants, at the Saints, and at the Redskins they have to go through, along with playing the seemingly hot Chargers.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Hey, a win is a win no matter what. This isn't the BCS, style points don't matter. The Eagles beat the Redskins and so did the Cowboys. And in case you forgot the Cowboys barely slipped out of their house with a win as well.

And we're not chest thumping, the Falcons are missing their best players and their secondary is awful, I think it is fair to assume that game is probably an Eagles win. The Broncos are a tough team but nothing the Eagles can't handle, that is going to be tough. The 49ers is a very winnable game. The Eagles have beaten the Giants three times in a row and they're a worse team than they were last season. The Cowboys game could definitely be winnable, the teams are very evenly matched and anyone could win that. I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility that the Eagles could finish 5-0 but I doubt it, again I am more confident the Eagles can finish 4-1 with an 11-5 record rather than 5-0 with a 12-4 record which would probably take a ton of luck to beat all 5 of those teams in consecutive weeks.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
Dallas still has at the Giants, at the Saints, and at the Redskins they have to go through, along with playing the seemingly hot Chargers.
No because Dallas only has to win 2 more games to make it to the playoffs. You guys need to win 3, and since I don't think you're winning in Dallas, that means you need to win 3 out of the next 4. ...with the next 2 on the road. Tough. 9-7 is your fate. Green Bay is taking the Wild card away from you.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
See: Cowboys/Redskins, week 11
Exactly. We already broke their hearts before they got to you. Several Redskins players said that was the toughest loss they ever had. We broke them in half. You should've given them a worse beat down considering they were byside waste.

If I used your logic to compare wins, then what say you of the Raiders?
Old 11-30-2009, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Quote:
Exactly. We already broke their hearts before they got to you. Several Redskins players said that was the toughest loss they ever had. We broke them in half. You should've given them a worse beat down considering they were byside waste.

If I used your logic to compare wins, then what say you of the Raiders?
The point is that a win is a win and a loss is a loss.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
The point is that a win is a win and a loss is a loss.
...and you have to admit. This thread helps make your season and this forum more fun to talk.

So you're welcome. :D
Old 11-30-2009, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
No because Dallas only has to win 2 more games to make it to the playoffs. You guys need to win 3, and since I don't think you're winning in Dallas, that means you need to win 3 out of the next 4. ...with the next 2 on the road. Tough. 9-7 is your fate. Green Bay is taking the Wild card away from you.
Ummm... there are two wildcard teams and currently holding those spots are the 7-4 Eagles and the 7-4 Packers the teams behind them are the Falcons who are limping down the final stretch and the Giants who are rapidly sinking.

And you keep bringing up the whole road thing, but the Eagles play the Falcons who are missing Matt Ryan, Michael Turner and have an injured Jerious Norwood, Roddy White and Sam Baker. And the Eagles have won two straight at the meadowlands and the Eagles have won 3 straight against them. After that the Eagles play at home against the Broncos and 49ers and then they go down to Dallas for what could be the division title.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Quote:
...and you have to admit. This thread helps make your season and this forum more fun to talk.

So you're welcome. :D
It will be even more fun in week 17 when the Eagles beat the Cowboys and you are forced to eat crow! :D