Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 11-22-2009, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
Speaking of which, how's Ghosder doing, respectable or piss-poor?
I don't know if I'm allowed to post this site or if it is even reputable

http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=T& stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=25&numgames=1

They breakdown how an offensive lineman run blocks and pass block every week. Prior to this game he was a +4.6 in run blocking and -7.1 in pass blocking. It also has Backus playing as a top 5 tackle this season. If you look through the site it seems legit.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post

http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=T& stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=25&numgames=1

They breakdown how an offensive lineman run blocks and pass block every week. Prior to this game he was a +4.6 in run blocking and -7.1 in pass blocking. It also has Backus playing as a top 5 tackle this season. If you look through the site it seems legit.
thanks, that does look like a pretty solid site.

Although seeing backus that high seems... strange somehow. Also did not realize Vollmer was doing well. That's nice, I liked him as a prospect.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ZOMGWTFBBQ WE WON WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT T No longer #1 overall

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

cleveland's pass rush is horrible. the espn stat line has them good for only 1 sack and 1 qb hit. it didn't seem like an issue today but i think that was because stafford was out for blood and did a great job of knowing where he was going with the ball.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

i'm not sure how that is rated considering that backus has given up 6 sacks, 5 qb hits, and 17 qb pressures.

edit: oh....when you sort the pass block column he falls to 39th best in the league...

Prowler's Newb Guide

Last edited by Prowler : 11-22-2009 at 07:17 PM. Reason: 39th
Old 11-22-2009, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
ZOMGWTFBBQ WE WON WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT T No longer #1 overall
I'm still in awe as well.

Also what the hell is up with your sig? They banned AQ?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 07:23 PM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Stafford's final line 422 yrds- 5 TDS, 2 INTS

Rookie QB TD record for a single game!
WHO DAT!?!??!??!

Way to go Staff. Hope he is ok. 5 TDs is solid. Even better, I'm sure he has some confidence after this game. I'd hate to see the kid end the season with only one win. Not that 2 is a whole lot better, but when you do it like he did today its a bit of a statement. Even if it is against horrible Cleveland.

BTW, whats up with our defense? Were we that bad? Or did Cleveland's offense finally figure out how to move the ball?
tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
I'm still in awe as well.

Also what the hell is up with your sig? They banned AQ?
I thought so but she just left ... and I'm just too lazy to change my sig.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tblain1 View Post
WHO DAT!?!??!??!

Way to go Staff. Hope he is ok. 5 TDs is solid. Even better, I'm sure he has some confidence after this game. I'd hate to see the kid end the season with only one win. Not that 2 is a whole lot better, but when you do it like he did today its a bit of a statement. Even if it is against horrible Cleveland.

BTW, whats up with our defense? Were we that bad? Or did Cleveland's offense finally figure out how to move the ball?
a combination of lack of talent on d and first year of this brand of defense. buchanan whiffed on his receiver off the line and ko was out of position to stop mo mass for a deep touchdown. but basically the story of our defense was giving up a couple deep completions for touchdowns. if we would have done our jobs then cleveland would of easily had 14 less points. give some of our players time and more talent and we'll be a lot better next season going forward.

levy looked really good today, missed one tackle on jamal lewis for a first down, but otherwise solid. he had 8 tackles and was effective as a blitzer. foote was a beast with 12 tackles, 1 sack, 2 tfl, 1 deflection, and another qb hit. julian was shaken up a bit in the first half.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 11-22-2009, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great win. Still dont think it's good for the health of your QB to be passing at a 43-17 ratio. Even with a passing team 2-1 would probably make more sense. As for Stafford he showed a ton of guts getting hit a lot at Georgia and he seems to be showing a lot of guts at this level. Give him some help in the running game and save him for the long haul.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

mortenson was just on espn talking about stafford's injury status. its not a broken collarbone but no other diagnosis has been given, but MRI scheduled tommorrow.

apparently on that last drive, stafford ran onto the field by himself. the pass interference play happened, then cleveland called 2 consecutive time outs. while the doctors were checking out stafford on the sidelines, stafford heard that a time out was called, got up, brushed off the doctors, and ran out onto the field. nothing was going to stop him from finishing the game.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 11-22-2009, 08:35 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the way he played today, it was his game to win. Gotta give him props, he's a tough kid. I just hope we can put enough protection in front of him before he gets seriously injured.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:45 PM    (permalink
detknowitall
Veteran

detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.

havent said anything in a long...long time...but WOW!

"We got our Schwartz tangled"
detknowitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:03 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stafford getting beat up is not ALL on the Oline ... Stafford is a pocket passer who rarely scrambles. He uses that gift of a right arm rocket launcher standing amongst the giants firing missiles; squeezing balls into spots where few can do. Kid is TOUGH.
Although not really a tracked stat, Stafford is arguably the most stationary starting QB in the NFC North. Think about Culter, Rodgers & even Favre's games ... I'm not talking about rushing by QB's, I mean simply alluding the big hits and KO's. Granted moving the pocket & alluding backside pressure will all come with NFL experience for him. In his defense, their run game is still not on track leaving DE's chomping at the bit knowing they must throw to move the ball. 45 yds from Kevin Smith just is not cutting it.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:15 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Smith frickin sucks. Trade him to a team that needs a Running Back. Maybe San Diego would like him to team with Darren Sproles if they release Tomlinson.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Kevin Smith frickin sucks. Trade him to a team that needs a Running Back. Maybe San Diego would like him to team with Darren Sproles if they release Tomlinson.
Sucks is a stretch, he's moderately useful. I wouldn't mind teaming Aaron Brown with a power back of sorts next year.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:29 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Sucks is a stretch, he's moderately useful. I wouldn't mind teaming Aaron Brown with a power back of sorts next year.
I mean what is he good for?? He's not fast, not shifty, not powerful. He's just.. there. Plain name, no mad skillz, Millen draft pick.. I say get what we can for him ASAP.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
I mean what is he good for?? He's not fast, not shifty, not powerful. He's just.. there. Plain name, no mad skillz, Millen draft pick.. I say get what we can for him ASAP.
He's a better receiver than most of the receiving core. Speaking of which, we really need a number 2 receiver that isn't Bryant Johnson.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:47 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lions need to take a talented RB early this year. Get Toby Gerhart, or C.J Spiller or some weapon for Matt because I love watching him play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:46 AM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Lions need to take a talented RB early this year. Get Toby Gerhart, or C.J Spiller or some weapon for Matt because I love watching him play.
There is just absolutely no way that Detroit can afford to neglect the lines to take a RB until AT LEAST the 3rd round. Kevin Smith has not been productive, but RB is not our greatest need by any stretch at this point.
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:47 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Lions need a more explosive option to team with Kevin Smith and as it stands there really aren't too many of those style backs that are projected to be second/third round picks.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

dexter mccluster-ole miss in the 4-5th rounds. can catch and run with speed.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 11-23-2009, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.freep.com/article/2009112...063/1049/rss14
Quote:
Browns coach Eric Mangini is questioning whether the Detroit Lions faked injuries to slow down Cleveland’s no-huddle offense.
Thanks for the timeout at the end dumbass!
Old 11-23-2009, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

eric mangini would be the conspiracy theory expert. no talent cheating then narcing *******. maybe him and charlie weis can fish together in the offseason.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 11-23-2009, 11:01 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
eric mangini would be the conspiracy theory expert. no talent cheating then narcing *******. maybe him and charlie weis can fish together in the offseason.
or just eat & be miserable ... wow are those two ballooning north of 3bills.