Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-19-2009, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
You can only play one quarterback at a time, that's why it makes no sense. Spending a 2nd round pick on someone who will probably never be your starter isn't a good move.
How did they know he wasn't going to be their starter? Rodgers had earned the reputation for being fragile after being injured in the only two previous games he received PT. Brohm didn't pan out as expected, but it was an insurance plan for a team that was trying to make a SB run.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 04:36 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The guy couldn't beat out Matt Flynn for the backup job... I mean that has to say something about this guy.

Maybe Buffalo can do something with him idk.
NOLAFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 04:37 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
How did they know he wasn't going to be their starter? Rodgers had earned the reputation for being fragile after being injured in the only two previous games he received PT. Brohm didn't pan out as expected, but it was an insurance plan for a team that was trying to make a SB run.
So they were wrong:

-in their evaluation of Rodgers.

-in their evaluation of Brohm.

-in the overall evaluation of their team.

But this isn't a bad pick?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 04:37 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meanwhile does anyone want Charlie Whitehurst...I can get him cut for you for some sweet potato fries or something.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 04:39 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Brohm gonna start the next game?
Old 11-19-2009, 04:39 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SDisajokester View Post
Meanwhile does anyone want Charlie Whitehurst...I can get him cut for you for some sweet potato fries or something.
Um, no. I will enjoy my sweet potato fries. Thanks, though.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 04:41 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunsteinBeHoardingTheSweetPotatofries
Um, no. I will enjoy my sweet potato fries. Thanks, though.
Come on man...Charlie's hair is awesome, and I could really ******* use those fries.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 04:43 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Is Brohm gonna start the next game?

He's their third quarterback.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 04:52 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SDcanhavehalf View Post
Come on man...Charlie's hair is awesome, and I could really ******* use those fries.
I'll give you half. It's the best I can do. They're delicious.

As a matter of fact, I'm going to make some sweet potato fries right now.
(Move post to Food Thread)

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
So they were wrong:

-in their evaluation of Rodgers.

-in their evaluation of Brohm.

-in the overall evaluation of their team.

But this isn't a bad pick?
Ok SWDCstrodamus, why don't you enlighten us more on some of your knowledge?

You knew that Rodgers wasn't injury prone? And Brohm was a bust? And the Packers weren't SB contenders despite being one play away from it in 2007?

Why don't you work for a team?

/sarcasm

Please, I can't come in here and say my opinion without you coming in all high and mighty? Everyone knows your older and have 4948594 more posts. Am I saying Brohm is good now? Absolutely not. I'm just saying I understand why they picked him at that spot. He was BPA in the eyes of the GM. He probably wasn't the BPA on my board, but he was up there.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 05:03 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ok SWDCstrodamus, why don't you enlighten us more on some of your knowledge?

You knew that Rodgers wasn't injury prone? And Brohm was a bust? And the Packers weren't SB contenders despite being one play away from it in 2007?

Why don't you work for a team?

/sarcasm

Please, I can't come in here and say my opinion without you coming in all high and mighty? Everyone knows your older and have 4948594 more posts. Am I saying Brohm is good now? Absolutely not. I'm just saying I understand why they picked him at that spot. He was BPA in the eyes of the GM. He probably wasn't the BPA on my board, but he was up there.
I don't work in the NFL, but I do expect those that work in the NFL to make good decisions, since that is there job.

Also, that's not all you were saying. You started off by being a smart ass and acting like you knew more than everyone else. You didn't subsequently like the direction of the conversation so you tried to make it personal (rather lamely I might add. Ooooh...I have lots of posts, I get it!)

As the great Dusty Rhodes would say, "You need to look at yo' self in da' mirror!!"

Old 11-19-2009, 05:06 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. Lot of buzz for a 3rd string QB signed off of a practice squad
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 05:09 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I personally like the signing. Honestly, what Bills fan is still a believer in Trent Edwards? I don't think there are many of those around anymore. Brohm is at least something to get (a little) excited about.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 05:18 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good signing for Buffalo. They can just throw **** against the wall, and see if it sticks.
I don't what the hell happened with Brohm. He seemed like a good fit for Green Bay's offense, but he dropped for a reason. I don't know what that reason is, but it's there.
At the time, I didn't like the pick since Rodgers didn't have a single start in the NFL. If injury was a problem, why couldn't they trade for or sign a vet. They didn't have to spend a second round pick at the time. That pick said that they didn't want to win in 2008, after making the NFC Championship game the year before. That pick also said that they didn't have any faith in Rodgers.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The worst part of this whole thing is that the Punjabi Passer is now out of a job. White man always holding the red man down. But seriously, not a bad pickup for the Bills. I think Brohm could be a serviceable backup. It's not like they have much at QB anyways.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:16 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Did I say they were picked in the 2nd round??

Having more than one solid quarterback is a good problem to have. I remember that some people were upset that we picked Rodgers, and look at him now. He was great value at the time, as was Brohm. Thompson has been steadfast on picking BPA.
You act like the only way you guys could get a 2nd solid QB is spending a 2nd rounder, sorry but that was a bad pick before and after the fact. If you want to go that route sign a veteran QB in FA that is solid, it made zero sense to draft Rodgers in the 1st, sit him for all that time, then as soon as he gets a chance to start take someone in the 2nd round.

Didn't you guys end up with Flynn later that draft too? Maybe I'm getting the names confused, but he ended up beating out Brohm anyway. It was really pointless to take another QB in the 2nd just as a "back up". Sorry, but you don't just spend 2nd round picks on "insurance policies" as you called it, that makes it sound even worse then it already does.

I like it for Buffalo, he hasn't done very much but at least he's competition for a team who needs a QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 07:21 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAFan View Post
The guy couldn't beat out Matt Flynn for the backup job... I mean that has to say something about this guy.

Maybe Buffalo can do something with him idk.
Or it says something about Flynn. Flynn is has looked like a real solid backup this season.

Brohm sucks. Plain and simple.He looks like a highschool QB trying to play out there. He's not going to amount to anything.

And BF51 is right it was a waste of a 2nd rounder, but at leased we didn't watse two first rounders on a crap QB. ;)

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
He's their third quarterback.
What about Hamdan? This is ********, Hamdan deserves playing time.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 07:33 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This guy was drafted by Denver when Elway was only 32. In the FIRST round, no less.

Quote:
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 07:39 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
And BF51 is right it was a waste of a 2nd rounder, but at leased we didn't watse two first rounders on a crap QB. ;)
Even Joshua the Teacher of Righteousness had his early struggles.

I have no doubt that Cutler will take his eventual place at the right hand of the father (Coach Ditka), judging the living and the dead.

Old 11-19-2009, 07:42 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I have no doubt that Cutler will take his eventual place at the right hand of the father (Coach Ditka), judging the living and the dead.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-19-2009, 08:02 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

What kind of chosen one can't drink regular coke?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:08 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Jesus never drank Coke in his life. So there ya go.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-19-2009, 08:10 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Orton is naturally Satan, which is why he likes Jack with his coke.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:12 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
Jesus never drank Coke in his life. So there ya go.
Jesus was crucified a couple years before Coke was around though.

they get smoked.