Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 02-18-2010, 05:30 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Major insomnia right now.
So...here's my full prediction about this Titans' offseason:

FA Re-Signings:
RB Lendale White (RFA)
TE Bo Scaife (RFA)
DT Tony Brown (RFA)
DT Kevin Vickerson (UFA)
MLB Stephen Tulloch (RFA)
CB Rod Hood (UFA)
S Donnie Nickey (UFA)
P Brett Kern (UFA)

Because there no new CBA, it transforms this year's FA class into a bunch of RFAs -- which will allow most teams to retain their players for at least one more year. It seems like the Titans are actually working hard to re-sign Tony Brown to a long-term deal. Furthermore, I think their strategy will be to tender White, Scaife, and Tulloch with medium-to-high tenders, causing any potential suitors to forfeit good draft picks to the Titans (which I don't think they will). The result will be that White & Scaife will return for one more year, as will Tulloch (who I hope they target next for a long-term deal). Kern filled in pretty well last season and will likely be re-signed now that Craig Hentrich has officially retired. Hood provides some nice veteran depth at the CB position.

FA Signings:
DE Aaron Kampman
OLB Ricky Brown
WR Kelley Washington

In a year where there aren't a ton of good UFAs available, I really think the Titans will make a push for Kampman. Two things that were clear from last season: 1) The Titans need a more consistent pass-rush to help out their secondary & 2) Kampman needs to go back to a 4-3 defensive scheme. Even though Kampman will be coming back from an ACL injury, he'll supposedly be ready by training camp. Ricky Brown is a talented young RFA from Oakland. They could retain him; however, I think they'll have their hands full trying to retain their other starting LBs, Kirk Morrison & Thomas Howard. The Titans have shown in recent years that they'll pursue a RFA if it meets a need (Chris Carr a couple years ago & Jarrett Bush last year). Brown could come in and compete with David Thornton & Gerald McRath for a starting gig. Kelley Washington played his college ball in Tennessee; and with the signing of Donte Stallworth, it probably means that the Ravens won't tender either Washington or Demetrius Williams (or potentially both). Washington would provide some veteran experience for what is a pretty young receiving core.

DRAFT:
1ST ROUND -- DE Everson Griffin (Southern California)
As stated earlier, I think the biggest problem with the defense last season was that there was a total lack of consistent pressure on the QB -- resulting in our secondary being exposed. Even after signing Kampman, I think that the Titans go to the DE well early and often. By this point in the draft, both Jason Pierre-Paul and Derrick Morgan will likely be gone. It's probably a bit too high to select Brandon Graham here, even after an excellent Senior Bowl; and there are some serious questions surrounding Carlos Dunlap. So Griffin is probably the best overall pick here.

3RD ROUND -- CB Javier Arenas (Alabama)
It's no secret that the Titans will address CB at some point this offseason. However, I firmly believe that they will also give Jason McCourty and Ryan Mouton every opportunity to develop into starting-calibur CBs. And, I tend to agree with them in this assessment -- thinking their coverage inconsistencies last season were the result of a) inexperience & b) no pass-rush. There are better coverage corners available than Arenas -- who's undersized and isn't blazing fast. However, having watched Arenas play a lot over the past few years, I can attest that he plays much bigger/faster than you would expect. At Alabama, he progressed from a defensive liability to a very solid CB. Most importantly, he's an absolutely electrifying return man and would address one of the Titans most glaring needs: KR/PR.

3RD ROUND (COMP.) -- DE Austen Lang (Murray State)
I really think that the Titans are going to take a scorched earth approach to solving their pass-rush woes by bringing in some veteran help (Kampman) and drafting some legit young pass-rushers (Griffin & Lang). In comparison to most NFL teams, the Titans are relatively undersized up-front; however, they compensate for that by being deep on the DL -- which allows them to have a steady rotation, keeping guys rested and wearing down the opposing OL. From a physical standpoint, Lang is an absolute freak; and even though he's a small-school prospect, that hasn't scared away the Titans in the past. However, like William Hayes, he'll probably need 1-2 years to fully develop his technique. But Jim Washburn has proven time and time again that he can develop young talent.

4TH ROUND -- RB Ben Tate (Auburn)
Between Tate, Montarrio Hardesty, Anthony Dixon, Joe McKnight, LaGarrette Blount, etc., this is a fantastic draft to add some RB depth. Lots of mid-round value at the position in this draft. Though not as hyped as some of these other guys, Tate is an all-around RB who can run and catch equally well. He's got good speed and some bulk as well. Plus, throughout the years, Auburn seems to be one of those schools that just churns out solid NFL RBs. Tate will compete with Ringer for the #3 RB spot this year -- which, in reality, is probably an audition for the #2 RB spot next season (after White leaves).

5TH ROUND -- TE Michael Hoomanawanui (Illinois)
The Titans love their TEs and it seems like they have four on active roster every season. Even though Scaife will be probably be back for one more season, the Titans are clearly transitioning to younger players at the position. They already have Jared Cook as the future pass-catching option. The Titans drafted Craig Stevens to be their future blocking TE; and while Stevens has played well on special teams, he's yet to illustrate that he can be the player that the Titans hoped he'd develop into. Enter Michael Hoomanawanui -- a huge 6'5, 275 lb. mauling TE. Hoomanawanui has surprisingly soft hands, but his real assets are his size and blocking ability, where he plays like an extra offensive lineman. As everyone knows, the Titans love to run the ball and there isn't a better run-blocking TE in his draft than Hoomanawanui.

6TH ROUND -- C Erik Cook (New Mexico)
Here's Mike Munchak's annual mid-to-late OL developmental pick. The Titans OL is pretty set for the upcoming season; however, Munchak is always looking for more players. Cook has got lots of size on the OL and played very well this past season (only surrendered one sack all year); however, he may best be suited for OG at the next level. Either way, gives them some versatility as a reserve lineman.

7TH ROUND -- DT Malcolm Sheppard (Arkansas)
Undersized DT who likes to penetrate and get after the QB??? Sounds like our kind of DT. Sounds like he's got nice athletic ability. A year on the practice-squad, working with Jim Washburn, would undoubtedly help him add some bulk and technique.

OPENING DAY ROSTER:
--QB--
1. Vince Young (STARTER)
2. Kerry Collins
--RB--
1. Chris Johnson (STARTER)
2. Lendale White
3. Javon Ringer
4. Ben Tate
--FB--
1. Ahmard Hall (STARTER)
--WR--
1. Kenny Britt (STARTER)
2. Justin Gage (STARTER)
3. Nate Washington
4. Kelley Washington
5. Lavelle Hawkins
6. Dominique Edison
--TE--
1. Bo Scaife (STARTER)
2. Jared Cook
3. Michael Hoomanawanui
4. Craig Stevens
--OL--
1. Michael Roos (STARTER)
2. David Stewart (STARTER)
3. Eugene Amano (STARTER)
4. Jake Scott (STARTER)
5. Leroy Harris (STARTER)
6. Troy Kropog
7. Mike Otto
8. Ryan Durand
--DE--
1. Aaron Kampman (STARTER)
2. William Hayes (STARTER)
3. Everson Griffin
4. Jacob Ford
5. Austen Lane
--DT--
1. Tony Brown (STARTER)
2. Jason Jones (STARTER)
3. SenDerrick Marks
4. Kevin Vickerson
5. Jovan Haye
--OLB--
1. Gerald McRath (STARTER)
2. David Thornton (STARTER)
3. Stephen Tulloch (STARTER)
4. Ricky Brown
5. Stanford Keglar
6. Colin Allred
--CB--
1. Cortland Finnegan (STARTER)
2. Jason McCourty (STARTER)
3. Ryan Mouton
4. Rod Hood
5. Javier Arenas (KR/PR)
--S--
1. Michael Griffin (STARTER)
2. Chris Hope (STARTER)
3. Vincent Fuller
4. Donnie Nickey
--ST--
1. K Rob Bironas
2. P Brett Kern
3. LS Ken Amato (LB)
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 07:50 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
With the 46th Overall Pick, the Tennessee Titans select...

Greg Hardy, Defensive End from Ole Miss!

Quote:
With the 58th Overall pick, the Tennessee Titans select...

Daryl Washington, Linebacker from TCU!

STEAL!!!
TRADE!

Titans trade LenDale White and 3rd RD pick to the Chargers for Antonio Cromartie and 5th RD pick!

Quote:
With the 111th Overall Pick, the Tennessee Titans select...

Jacoby Ford, Wide Receiver from Clemson!!!

Quote:
With the 143rd Overall pick, the Tennessee Titans select...

Boo Robinson, DT, Wake Forest!!!

Quote:
With the 155th Overall Pick, the Tennessee Titans select...

Austen Lane, DE, Murray State!!!

Quote:
With the 175th Overall pick, the Tennessee Titans select...

Anthony Dixon, RB, Mississippi State!!!

And with my last pick, I'm planning on taking...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:48 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Talking

I hope our real draft is that good :D
Old 02-21-2010, 01:06 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Screw you TH for setting the bar for Mike Reinfeldt impossibly high. Now I'll no doubt be disappointed with our real life draft in comparison.

I hope Mike Reinfeldt is as smart as you come April....
Old 02-21-2010, 07:54 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just an interesting little thing. Who are some prospects you guys hope the Titans avoid in the draft?

- Tim Tebow
- Jason Pierre-Paul
- Carlos Dunlap
- Terrence Cody
- Sergio Kindle

These are the main 5 that I wouldn't want. I realize the chances of us taking Cody or Tebow are slim to none, but who knows with Reinfeldt at the helm.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:10 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup, we're pretty good about predicting which positions we'll address...but it's those 1st and 2nd RD'ers that I can't get a handle on. I don't think Reinfeldt has traded back once either (maybe in the late rounds, but those don't count ;)). We traded up in the 3rd last year, and the year before that we traded up in the 4th for William Hayes. I'd like to see him trade down this year. If we could get a late 1st and a 3rd for #16/17, then that'd give us a late 1st and three 3rd RD'ers, which would be great.

There's no prospects that I really don't want, other than Carlos Dunlap. I'd be ok with Dan Williams, but not Terrance Cody or Jared Odrick. I also hope we don't do something like draft Earl Thomas and plan on playing him at CB, ala the first half of Griffin's rookie season. No to Taylor Mays too since our safety issues last year are correctable, and Kindle would be a horrible fit for us.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:07 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, I'd love that draft TH. Great job there.

As for players to avoid, you guys pretty much hit the nail on the head with everyone. Although I wouldn't hate taking JPP.

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:07 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Just an interesting little thing. Who are some prospects you guys hope the Titans avoid in the draft?
Qb, i dont particularly like any of the draftable qb's in this draft, there are a couple who are likely undrafted i wouldnt mind giving a chance to be 3rd team with a chance to move to 2nd
Old 02-22-2010, 11:02 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Thanks for all the compliments guys!

But yeah, I wouldn't mind taking JPP either. It's true he's boom or bust, but that's the case with a lot of DE's. I can see Derrick Morgan being a bust for us if we land him, even though I think he's picture perfect for our DL. But if we gamble and hit, like we did with Kearse, then we have that dynamic pass-rusher that'll help put us back over the Playoff plateau. I also think gambling on JPP is much safer than say Dunlap. This isn't a case of a freakish athlete not living up to expectations like Dunlap. JPP's motor puts forth the effort - he's just so raw right now and needs refining. He just hasn't had the opportunity to fully develop and master the position yet, but if he ever does, he'll be a force. A team just has to understand that when drafting him, and I think the Titans have the DL Coach capable of coaching him up and a HC smart and patient enough to understand what he's getting in the meantime.

My ideal Draft right now is staying put and having Morgan or JPP fall to us, or trading back for a late 1st RD'er and picking Everson Griffen or Greg Hardy. Actually, I may prefer trading back. I think Griffen and Hardy will be very good DE's in the NFL. Hardy's injuries scare off people, but if you disregard the bad luck he's had, the man is the closest thing to a sure thing at DE in this draft. Plus, we hit gold with another injury plagued DE not too long ago, so I can't throw the guy's name out because of that. Not too familiar with Griffen, but for whatever reason, I have a gut feeling that he'll be a pass-rushing force in the NFL. Really have nothing to back that up, and truth be told, I haven't sat down and watched highlights of his but maybe once. I guess I'm just seeing a guy who looks like he can fit the Dwight Freeney mold at RE in a Cover 2?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 02-22-2010 at 11:05 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:14 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

im very interested in everson griffens workout numbers, at 6'3" 6'4" 265lbs (i know these times dont mean **** but i cant ignore them) he posted a 4.46 forty at the same weight he is listed at now at scout.coms los angeles combine while in high school(scouts combines that year had a fastest 40 of your favorite eric berry running a 4.31, from all the combines they did that year), i can remember following recruiting back then seeing that and thinking wtf?! i guess we'll see if those crazy times are a reality or mythical legend hahaa
Old 02-23-2010, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Titans have tight end questions with Alge Crumpler, Bo Scaife

The Titans still have some questions at tight end, where veterans Alge Crumpler and Bo Scaife are scheduled to become free agents March 5.

Crumpler's agent and the Titans have talked, but there's still work to be done.

"They like Alge, and Alge likes Tennessee,'' agent James "Butch" Williams said Monday. " Alge will consider staying in Tennessee I'll say it like that. When you get to be a 10-year vet you have to look at a lot of different things."

Crumpler caught 27 passes for 222 yards and a touchdown last season but was the team's best blocking tight end, helping running back Chris Johnson rush for 2,006 yards.
Related

* Titans agree to terms with veteran safety Donnie Nickey
* Rebuilding begins at NFL Combine
* Titans' free-agency plan is still a secret
* Kevin Mawae expected to test NFL free agency
* Titans, Eugene Amano make it official
* Keith Bulluck still awaiting call from Titans
* Titans haven't closed door on Vanden Bosch
* Titans free agents
* Titans analysis

As for Scaife, he earned $4.46 million last year, when the Titans designated him their franchise player.

With little hope of a new collective bargaining agreement between the league and the players before March 5, it looks like Scaife will be a restricted free agent.

To keep him, the Titans would have to pay 110 percent of his salary from last season, according to league rules. That means Scaife's tender would cost $4.906 million, much more than the highest tender available.

Scaife was the team's third-leading receiver last season with 45 catches for 440 yards and a touchdown.

Also on the roster are Jared Cook, a third-round pick last year, and rising third-year pro Craig Stevens.

Mawae bye-bye: There's no longer any doubt about center Kevin Mawae's status regarding free agency. He's hitting the market, his agent said.

"Nothing has changed,'' agent Mark Bartelstein said of the non-existent negotiations with the Titans. "He will definitely hit the market, but (we'll) continue to talk to the Titans.''

The Titans have options at center. They could move guard Eugene Amano to center and insert Leroy Harris at guard, or keep Amano at guard and put Harris at center.

Bartelstein has said Mawae isn't interested in returning to the Titans as a backup.

Amato's status: The agent for long snapper Ken Amato, who can become an unrestricted free agent March 5, has started talks with the Titans.

"We are interested in returning to Tennessee and from my judgment I think they would like to have Kenny back," agent Robert Huebner said. "We are hopeful.''

Amato has played in 93 games for the Titans since 2003.

The Titans still have some questions at tight end, where veterans Alge Crumpler and Bo Scaife are scheduled to become free agents March 5.

"They like Alge, and Alge likes Tennessee,'' agent James "Butch" Williams said Monday. " Alge will consider staying in Tennessee I'll say it like that. When you get to be a 10-year vet you have to look at a lot of different things."

Crumpler caught 27 passes for 222 yards and a touchdown last season but was the team's best blocking tight end, helping running back Chris Johnson rush for 2,006 yards.
Related

* Titans free agents
* Titans analysis

As for Scaife, he earned $4.46 million last year, when the Titans designated him their franchise player.

With little hope of a new collective bargaining agreement between the league and the players before March 5, it looks like Scaife will be a restricted free agent.

To keep him, the Titans would have to pay 110 percent of his salary from last season, according to league rules. That means Scaife's tender would cost $4.906 million, much more than the highest tender available.

Scaife was the team's third-leading receiver last season with 45 catches for 440 yards and a touchdown.

Also on the roster are Jared Cook, a third-round pick last year, and rising third-year pro Craig Stevens.

Mawae bye-bye: There's no longer any doubt about center Kevin Mawae's status regarding free agency. He's hitting the market, his agent said.

"Nothing has changed,'' agent Mark Bartelstein said of the non-existent negotiations with the Titans. "He will definitely hit the market, but (we'll) continue to talk to the Titans.''

The Titans have options at center. They could move guard Eugene Amano to center and insert Leroy Harris at guard, or keep Amano at guard and put Harris at center.

Bartelstein has said Mawae isn't interested in returning to the Titans as a backup.

Amato's status: The agent for long snapper Ken Amato, who can become an unrestricted free agent March 5, has started talks with the Titans.

"We are interested in returning to Tennessee and from my judgment I think they would like to have Kenny back," agent Robert Huebner said. "We are hopeful.''

Related

* Titans free agents
* Titans analysis

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:56 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...html?eref=sihp

SI's latest mock draft.

Has Eric Berry falling to 11 to the Jaguars (yuck) and Rolando McClain going 15 to the Giants. Has us taking Derrick Morgan.

I kind of hope we'd trade up for Berry or McClain if that situation arose. Those guys are top 5 talents, IMO.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:20 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

If Berry ended up on the Jags... Good thing he's not going to fall that far.

I love McClain, but I think Derrick Morgan would be more conducive for our success. We need a pass-rush or improved coverage, and McClain doesn't provide that. Now, if the likes of Morgan, JPP, and Haden are all gone and McClain is still available, then that'd be good - he's obviously BPA. But I dunno if I'd wanna trade up for him, y'know?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:24 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay guys a few interesting tidbits of news

Scaife to be tendered
http://nashvillecitypaper.com/conten...arly-5-million
Terry McCormik was on 104.5 this afternoon and he said he thinks this means Scaife will be traded. Bengals,Arizona, and Baltimore (yuck) would be my guess for potential trade partners.

Titans interested in resigning Bulluck
http://nashvillecitypaper.com/conten...bullucks-agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Last edited by DoughBoy : 02-25-2010 at 03:29 PM.
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:46 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

McClain doesn't fill as big of a need as Morgan would, but he is a top 5 or 6 talent in the draft and he would bring a lot of versatility to our LB corps. IDK, he's just one of my favorite prospects in the class.

As for tendering Scaife and trading him.... hopefully we could rob some team of a second or maybe third round pick.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:42 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

i like the tender trade idea, with craig stevens and cook and if we decide to keep crumplers fat ass to be an extra lineman, i likey
Old 02-26-2010, 07:56 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TITANS WIN FLIP!!!

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...ill+pick+16th+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:14 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Meh, not sure it really does anything.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:55 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Meh, not sure it really does anything.
Our draft pick has higher trade value, and the 49ers are looking for an OT. If another team is after an OT and wanna move ahead of the 9ers, then we have trade down option(s) which is always dandy.

Texans lost their flip too.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
TRADE!

Titans trade LenDale White and 3rd RD pick to the Chargers for Antonio Cromartie and 5th RD pick!

And with my last pick, I'm planning on taking...

I like hope this happens except JPP instead of hardy or Dunlap instead of hardy also Nick Harper instead of the 3rd round pick.

Last edited by Complex : 02-28-2010 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Nick Harper is Awful
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:00 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
I like hope this happens except JPP instead of hardy or Dunlap instead of hardy also Nick Harper instead of the 3rd round pick.
Well, I could've gotten JPP, but it's either JPP in the 1st or Hardy and Washington with two 2nd RD'ers. I think Dunlap will be a bust. At least with Hardy the only worry is injuries and not an effort/motor thing like Dunlap. I was hoping Griffen would fall to me, but New Orleans took him which surprised me. I think Hardy at DE and Washington at OLB would be great additions.

Also, Nick Harper isn't worth a 3rd RD'er (which is the value the Chargers owner had Cro at), and he's a Free Agent to boot. But in the end, I wish I wouldn't have traded for Cro and kept the 3rd. Then just traded LenDale for a 4th or something.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:11 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

nick harper isnt worth a draft pick, the fact he was a starting corner for us is saddening, watching him get destroyed regularly...
Old 03-01-2010, 08:22 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Our entire pass-defense was crap last year. Finny and Hope were the only consistent ones, and Finny was hurt for most of the year. Although, Harper was hurt as well...and so was Fuller...and Griffin...

Hopefully the secondary stays healthy and rebounds this upcoming season. They lost AH on the DL to help with their pass-rush, and also lost their DB Coach when Cecil became DC. There's just too much talent back there with Finny, Griffin, and Hope to be ranked so poorly against the pass. The #2 CB spot will be fun to watch - Who gets it? Mouton or McCourty? A FA? A rookie? Maybe Fuller even?

We should've never let Eric King hit FA... ;)

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:43 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

As it's looking right now, if we stay put at 16 and no one falls to us out of the ordinary, I'm gonna jump on the Everson Griffen or Sean Weatherspoon to the Titans bandwagon.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As it's looking right now, if we stay put at 16 and no one falls to us out of the ordinary, I'm gonna jump on the Everson Griffen or Sean Weatherspoon to the Titans bandwagon.
I don't like USC D-linemen most them suck in the NFL. Their like Florida Wideouts (except Percy). I hope they draft JPP but since he will be gone ricky sapp,dunlap or trade back and get TCU LB Washington. Also trade for Cromartie
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote