Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 03-14-2010, 04:00 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Dunno. I haven't kept up with him, but I'd rather draft a big guy than bring in Warren. Oakland's run defense last year was trash too.
Probably going to slip into the later rounds with beastly size/play and a great combine :D
Old 03-15-2010, 04:09 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's my guy:

The Big O!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Titans get visit from safety Sean Jones

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...ety+Sean+Jones

By Bryan Mullen • THE TENNESSEAN • March 15, 2010

Looking to add depth in the secondary, the Titans had Eagles free agent safety Sean Jones in for a visit and tryout.

The 28-year-old former University of Georgia standout played his first four seasons with the Browns before spending last year with the Eagles.

He started nine games last season and played in 15. In his best game last season, a win over the Giants on Dec. 13, Jones had a team-leading 14 tackles and recovered a fumble by New York quarterback Eli Manning.

Jones is known as a hard hitter who has a knack for the ball. He has 16 interceptions in 53 career starts. Since 2006, only three safeties have more interceptions than Jones — Ed Reed (24), Oshiomogho Atogwe (18) and Darren Sharper (18).

Jones is also considering Tampa Bay, where he visited last week. The Buccaneers have more openings at safety than the Titans, who have Chris Hope and Michael Griffin.

Jones’ agent Brian Mackler did not return messages seeking comment.

With depth lacking behind Hope and Griffin, Jones could be a good fit for the Titans.

Hope started all 16 games and had 81 tackles last season, tied for third on the team. Griffin started 15 games and had 77 tackles.

Vincent Fuller primarily plays nickelback and Donnie Nickey is more of a contributor on special teams. Last month the Titans re-signed Nickey to a one-year contract. Kevin Kaesviharn is a free agent.

Kicker added: In a move to add some depth, the Titans agreed to terms Monday with free agent punter/kicker Ricky Schmitt. Terms were not disclosed.

Schmitt, 24, made his NFL debut with the 49ers on Dec. 27 against the Lions, connecting on 2 of 3 field goal attempts, converting two extra point attempts and kicking off five times. He went on injured reserve the final week of the season after suffering a hamstring injury.

Schmitt previously spent time with the Cardinals, Steelers and Raiders. He attended Shepherd University in Shepherdstown, W.Va.

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 03:19 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Officially physically sick of all the talk of Carlos Dunlap. We don't have the depth to take risks on a guy like him at the position. If Derrick Morgan is not there then I only want Brandon Graham at the DE position. If neither of those are there then I want us to go DT with Dan Williams and shift JJ to a DE/DT rotation role on one side with Jacob Ford and play William Hayes as an every down DE.

I either want our opening day line to be.

RE - Derrick Morgan
DT - Tony Brown
DT - JJ
LE - William Hayes

or

RE - William Hayes
UT - Tony Brown
NT - Dan Williams
LE - JJ/Jacob Ford

If Dan Williams is not available then I would like us to look at trading back and picking up some picks.
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 04:39 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like we're signing Jason Babin to a one year, one million dollar offer sheet. Eagles have a week to match.

Per Adam Schefter tweet.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Looks like we're signing Jason Babin to a one year, one million dollar offer sheet. Eagles have a week to match.

Per Adam Schefter tweet.
I wonder if the eagles are match it no one wants to lose a player like Jason Babin....
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:06 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
I wonder if the eagles are match it no one wants a player like Jason Babin....
fixed that one
Old 03-19-2010, 10:49 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

dudes just benn looking up babin, kid should of been epic in the pros, great college career and great measurables....bombed
Old 03-19-2010, 12:38 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Washburn's worked magic with guys like Babin before. It wouldn't be a bad signing in my opinion. We'd still more than likely use our first on an end so he would just come off the bench during the rotation.
Old 03-20-2010, 01:12 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anybody new sounds aight to me, all i really know is the D needs to get shook up and bringing some new people in for basically nothing cant hurt
Old 03-21-2010, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Babin is officially a Titan, Fisher said "he has knack for getting to the QB"
HAHAHAHAHAHA
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:52 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you think homies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:06 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I gave Levi Brown Justin Gage's number. facepalm.

Quote:
Old 03-22-2010, 09:56 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Okay the picks above are just gut feelings, these are some picks I made doing a little bit of research and stuff from meetings and junk.

First round- Derrick Morgan

I am hearing the Titans are very high on JPP but I doubt he makes it out of the top 10. I think if Derrick gets taken before this Sergio will be the pick, unless Joe Haden falls.

3rd round- Jordan Shipley-

Titans are bringing him in for a privite workout along with Dexter McCluster. I dont think Dexter makes it past the 2nd round and with Jordans bad 40 time I think he would be avaliable. He is a good steady return guy, would replace Justin Gage when his contract is up. Also plays for Texas which gives us about a 99.9 percent chance of picking him.

3rd round-Koa Misi-

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense. I havent felt this strong about the Titans picking a guy in the mid rounds since Hawk and LeRoy Harris. Workout warrior, fast, hawaiian, and plays defense! Oh and the Titans visited with him a the combine!

4th Round- Corey Peters DT Kentucky-

Another guy that makes alot of sense (Titans Radio reporting he is visiting). He is athletic and reminds me of a poor mans SenDerrick Marks. Me thinks coach Wash is going to have his hands full this offseason.

5th round- Levi Brown QB Troy-

The Titans have visited with him along with several other late round Qbs. Methinks that Kerry is gone after this year and that Jeff and Co are looking for a young back-up for Vince Young. He also went to my high school, but I am no homer, this guy has legit skills and reminds me of another SunBelt QB in Kelly Holcomb (Who was a great back-up/ emergency starter).

6th round- Dennis Rogan

We all know he is a good player, but his workouts sucked. He of course, is another guy that has visited with the Titans. He may not fall this far and he may fall even further than this pick. IDK

6th round- Ted Larsen-

IDK who he is but he is one of the O-lineman we are visiting with and he plays a position we need depth at in Center.

7th round- Patrick Stoudamire CB-

He is a athletic CB that goes to a small school. What else need be said?

7th round-David Reed Utah WR-

I have seen him play twice and came away impressed. He is not big, or fast, or strong, but he gets open. Reminds me of Roydell Williams coming out.

Only 1 CB taken and it was in the late rounds. It wouldnt be the first time we passed on a major need though.

Quote:
Old 03-22-2010, 09:56 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

(McLovin voice)

Championship!
Old 03-22-2010, 10:10 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Voodoo!!! you want to do the Mock draft thingy? We could put our minds together!

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...98#post2082598

Quote:
Old 03-22-2010, 10:43 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Did anyone know Tye Hill had a visit today??!?! I miss Jim Wyatt. :(

Quote:
Old 03-23-2010, 12:15 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I'm gonna have to pass Doughie. :(

Too many stupid papers and exams coming up.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:15 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

http://www.titansradio.com/Article.a...573&spid=27572

sry though Tye Hill was visiting monday but he is tomorrow.

Quote:
Old 03-23-2010, 11:16 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
http://www.titansradio.com/Article.a...573&spid=27572

sry though Tye Hill was visiting monday but he is tomorrow.
It'd be interesting if we signed him. He's busted, but he could provide depth and probably has great ST's potential. Playing for a bad team like the Rams may've hindered his development, but fizzling out in Atlanta isn't good. I'd be interested to see what Cecil and Marcus Robertson could do with that talent though.

Probably just updating the files though...

EDIT: After glancing over him real quick, injuries may've had something to do with his struggles. Hill's only played 1 full 16-game season in his entire career. Maybe we can get a good bargain if he stays healthy. Not everyone fits our scheme (is a "Titans DB"), but Cecil/Robertson can coach 'em up. Not to mention, Finny's swagger will be there as a boost.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 03-23-2010 at 11:29 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:23 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Jets just got hard knocks and it got me thinking, who on the titans would like to be miked up?

For Me-

Cortland Finnegan- of course
Tony Brown- funny guy, always talking
Jared Cook- already very popular guy in the locker room.
Vince Young- duh.
Michael Griffin- down to earth, likeable.
LeRoy Harris-Well spoken guy.
Mitch King- as the undrafted player looking for a spot on the roster.
Lil' bit of CJ.
David Ball as the random guy.

EDIT: Forgot LenDale, he is a must

Quote:

Last edited by DoughBoy : 03-24-2010 at 06:27 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:35 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Just Finished watching tape on Kindle and Derrick Morgan.

Morgan is crazy. He is a BEAST against the run and really good at breaking down and making tackles. His penetration is amazing. He also strikes me as a good not great pass rush guy. I can see him with some 10+ sack seasons but he really needs to work on adding some more moves in that department. I like the Justin Smith comparison except I think Derrick Morgan has more upside as a pass rusher.

Sergio Kindle- He is explosive to say the least. I love his pass rush potential but he strikes me as mediocre against the run when he lines up at DE. He looks like has a good punch but when someone gets a hold of him he struggles to disengage. I agree with scott on him being a better 3-4 guy then a 4-3 player( he is much better when he has a chance to blow past the tackle). Also Derrick Morgan seems much better at being able locate the ball carrier and then breaking down to make the tackle.

Edit- I just looked at Scott Wrights evaluation and I agree with all of it except the part about Derrick looking uncomfortable in space. IMO he is he is better than Kindle at bringing ball carriers down 1 vs 1.

Quote:

Last edited by DoughBoy : 03-24-2010 at 07:44 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:41 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Carlos Dunlap- Im going to come out and say he strikes me as a DT not a DE. He is a complete mis-match inside and seems to consistently beat gaurds and centers. I also like the love his ability to knock down balls at the LOS and he actually gets pretty good pressure from the DT spot. That being said at DE he looks unimpressive. I saw no pass rush moves besides run head first at the tackle. He doesnt look very strong at all (which may put a hole in my DT plan). I really can't find anything with him against the run, but my guess he is either hot or cold agianst it depending on if he is playing a lesser athlete. His talent is obvious though.

Jerry Hughes- 5 minutes in the tape and I could tell he is the best pass-rusher I have seen thus far. He is quick as a cat and has all the moves. Great at tracking the QB and awesome at exploding off the edge. Reminds me of Freak in some ways. He has nice awareness at being able to tell if the other team is throwing or running. My concern is that he is just okay agianst the run. He stays in position and is by no means a liability, but it just seems it takes him a little longer than usual to make his way through traffic. I think this guy is going to be like Larry English last year in the fact that people are underestimating how low he will be taken in the draft.

Quote:

Last edited by DoughBoy : 03-24-2010 at 11:19 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:56 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Cortland Finnegan should be mic'd up every gameday. :D

Personally, I'd love to hear Chris Hope (duh) and Michael Griffin mic'd up. Just so I can hear the exchanges between the safeties with the rest of the defense - both pre-snap and post-snap. May give some insight on why and how Griffin has such a letdown season, and why the tandem allowed so many deep passes. Tony Brown is a must, and so would VY. LenDale may not see much playing time next season, and no one can understand what the hell CJ is saying. :D I'd like Ahmard Hall though, and maybe even Kenny Britt. SenDerrick Marks is pretty funny too.

And damn Doughie, nice write ups!!! Honestly, I could see any of the 4 being the Titans' pick. I'm scared of Dunlap, but if he can succeed anywhere, it's here. Kindle and Hughes's size don't frighten me since we had Kearse pwn at only 6'4, 250 lbs. - plus, beware the Texas players. ;) Derrick Morgan is fierce!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:27 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I know we've made CB less of a priority than DE going into the draft so far, but what happens if Joe Haden is still available assuming JPP and maybe even Morgan are off the board? Would he for sure be the pick? Trade down?

I need answers!