Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 03-25-2010, 02:06 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
I know we've made CB less of a priority than DE going into the draft so far, but what happens if Joe Haden is still available assuming JPP and maybe even Morgan are off the board? Would he for sure be the pick? Trade down?

I need answers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
I was listening to Titans radio with Jonathan Hutton and he said from what he has gathered from talks with Jeff Fisher and Mike Reinfeldt that our draft board looks like this.....

Player the Titans are most interested in...

Rolando McClain (Jonathan said the Titans identified him as a their "Blue Chip" player.)

DE is the number 1 priority if he is not available and the three guys he named were

1. JPP
2.Derrick Morgan
3.Sergio Kindle
Note: He said the Titans are not very high on Griffen (but it could just be a cover up)

He then said that if Jpp, Derrick or Kindle were not available priority number 2 would be Corner. and the titans were interested in...

1.Joe Haden
2.Earl Thomas
3.Kyle Wilson

LB outside of Rolando is priority number 3 ( I cant remember who he put as 2 and 3 but I know they are VERY high on Darryl Washington, maybe even more than Spoon.)
This is what Jonathan Hutton said the day before the combine after he talked with Fisher (they are good friends). Things have changed and I doubt Rolando is still the number 1 guy with the signing of Spoon. The way I see it If Derrick Morgan or JPP is on the board they are going to take one of them over of Haden. They may even take Kindle over Haden knowing the titans...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 05:43 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with Hutton. If both Morgan and JPP are gone, then it's extremely tight with Haden and the other DE's. That is, if Haden is still there. There's a good chance he's gone by then, but sometimes CB's fall.

If the coaching staff thinks Haden can start from day one at LCB, then I'd approve of the pick. Improved secondary will help the pass-rush, and getting a guy who could handle the side opposite side of Finnegan, who won't be thrown at as much with him and Griffin back there, would definitely improve the team.

The only issue I have is numbers. We're short on DE's (William Hayes, Jacob Ford, Dave Ball, and Jason Babin), and bountiful on CB's (Finnegan, Fuller, Hood, Mouton, McCourty, and possibly another vet like Tye Hill or Ken Lucas). We're going into next season without a single NFL established starting DE on the roster. At least at CB we have a #1 in Finny, an average #2 in Hood, and stud #3 in Fuller, and youth with Mouton and McCourty. We didn't draft a DE last year either, but we drafted 2 CB's. DE is just screaming to me right now.

Oh, and Doughie-Wan Kenobi, you still need a partner for that mock draft you're wanting to do? I can team up with ya in place of Mace Voodoo. I don't have a Star Wars nickname though. Lemme know if ya gots probs with that.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 06:16 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have problems with you not having a star wars nickname. That will change soon.

A New TitanHope?
Old 03-25-2010, 07:23 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I agree with Hutton. If both Morgan and JPP are gone, then it's extremely tight with Haden and the other DE's. That is, if Haden is still there. There's a good chance he's gone by then, but sometimes CB's fall.

If the coaching staff thinks Haden can start from day one at LCB, then I'd approve of the pick. Improved secondary will help the pass-rush, and getting a guy who could handle the side opposite side of Finnegan, who won't be thrown at as much with him and Griffin back there, would definitely improve the team.

The only issue I have is numbers. We're short on DE's (William Hayes, Jacob Ford, Dave Ball, and Jason Babin), and bountiful on CB's (Finnegan, Fuller, Hood, Mouton, McCourty, and possibly another vet like Tye Hill or Ken Lucas). We're going into next season without a single NFL established starting DE on the roster. At least at CB we have a #1 in Finny, an average #2 in Hood, and stud #3 in Fuller, and youth with Mouton and McCourty. We didn't draft a DE last year either, but we drafted 2 CB's. DE is just screaming to me right now.

Oh, and Doughie-Wan Kenobi, you still need a partner for that mock draft you're wanting to do? I can team up with ya in place of Mace Voodoo. I don't have a Star Wars nickname though. Lemme know if ya gots probs with that.
Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!!!!!

We will have the most awesome draft of all time!

Quote:
Old 03-25-2010, 07:50 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have problems with you not having a star wars nickname. That will change soon.

A New TitanHope?
Hmmm, lets see...

Titanakin Hopewalker? (Anakin Skywalker)
'Tan Hopo? (Han Solo)
Rancor? (Rancor)

Ya'lls were just automatic. I've been looking through the Jedi database to find a match for me.

Quote:
Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!!!!!

We will have the most awesome draft of all time!
It's on!

Pfft, I had a brain fart. Thought you were talking about tag-teaming our own Mock Draft to post in the Mock Forum. Super psyched it's the Forum Mock instead! We got this! Replying to your PM's right now!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 03-25-2010 at 09:31 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:41 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

I think we (All of tit fans) need to make a super awesome mock draft to show how super awesome we are.

Quote:
Old 03-25-2010, 11:31 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think we (All of tit fans) need to make a super awesome mock draft to show how super awesome we are.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol jordan shipley in the 3rd round I hope not maybe in the 5th
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 06:40 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 03-26-2010, 06:44 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

BUZZ Killington FTW!

Quote:
Old 03-26-2010, 06:45 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Voodoo! TH and I traded for AJ Hawk in the fourm mock!

Quote:
Old 03-26-2010, 07:02 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Awesome buddy. Give me details. What'd we trade? How do you plan on using him in our defense?
Old 03-26-2010, 07:12 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Awesome buddy. Give me details. What'd we trade? How do you plan on using him in our defense?
Hope pulled the trigger so blame him not me :p but the trade went as follows.

Titans get AJ Hawk and Packers 4th

Packers get Vincent Fuller and our 3rd.

McRath will be the fourth linebacker for 1 or 2 years until Spoon leaves. (like Tully.)

Quote:
Old 03-28-2010, 12:01 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

TH and I just picked up Jerry Hughes.

Quote:
Old 03-28-2010, 02:46 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Was that your first round pick?
Old 03-28-2010, 03:50 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Was that your first round pick?
Yup. Morgan, JPP, and Graham were all gone. It was Hughes, Kindle, Griffen, or Dunlap, and we liked Hughes a little bit more than the others.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:55 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Yeah, I saw you guys traded down. What did you pick up?
Old 03-28-2010, 06:58 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yeah, I saw you guys traded down. What did you pick up?
We picked up a 5th. It's from Oakland though, so it's an early 5th.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:06 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Perrish Cox = Nice!
Old 03-29-2010, 07:27 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Perrish Cox = Nice!
THANK YOU! JBond didn't like it, but Cox was the next CB off the board and was a great return man in college. Plus, he's a "Titans CB" from what I've seen of him. JB pointed out that he's got maturity issues, but he's no PacMan, and his speed questions will be nullified by our zone scheme. He was worth trading up for with our needs at CB and PR/KR.

We did have to trade OG Jake Scott, a 4th, and a 5th for Denver's 2nd, but we can always draft someone later on for Munch to develop and Troy Kropog could probably play OG. If he can't play RG, then stick him at LG. With Amano and Harris, we have a lot of wiggle room on the interior.

So we have our pass-rusher in Jerry Hughes, and our CB in Perrish Cox. Plus, we've brought in AJ Hawk. We've lost Jake Scott, Vincent Fuller, LenDale White, and David Thornton. Scott and Fuller are the only big losses. We have our comp. 3rd, two 4ths, and an early 5th too, so we can bolster other areas while still filling any needs we've created.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:57 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Yeah. If I were you ( :D ) with those 4 picks, maybe look at QB, HB, WR, TE, OG
Old 03-29-2010, 09:00 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Voodoo ssssshhh! Givin away our draft !

Quote:
Old 03-29-2010, 09:07 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Don't forget D-line, linebacker, DB and kickers as well.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:31 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good job so far, covered our needs in pass rusher, corner and return man. Plus, I like Hughes and Cox.....god saying that fast sounds bad.

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:56 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TH and dough scored myron lewis and anthony dixon more cb depth and a lenwhale replacement... championship! :D