Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

View Poll Results: Who's the best WR?
DeSean Jackson, Eagles 67 72.04%
Miles Austin, Cowboys 15 16.13%
Steve Smith, Giants 6 6.45%
Santana Moss, Redskins 1 1.08%
Mario Manningham, Giants 3 3.23%
Other 1 1.08%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-13-2010, 07:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
If what you mean is most talented why don't you call them the most talented and not the best?
Eh.. terminology ain't that important to me. Most talented = Best, imo.

Why don't you call the guy with the best stats, the guy with the best stats instead of the guy who is the best? Cause by calling him the best... is well... wrong. Otherwise Brandon Lloyd is better than Andre Johnson.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Eh.. terminology ain't that important to me. Most talented = Best, imo.

Why don't you call the guy with the best stats, the guy with the best stats instead of the guy who is the best? Cause by calling him the best... is well... wrong. Otherwise Brandon Lloyd is better than Andre Johnson.
I don't think anyone in here is arguing that the guy with the best stats is automatically the best. As I explained a couple of posts ago being the best is a combination of things where talent and production are just 2 of the variables that determine how effective a player is being on the field.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:51 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

even as a giants fan, there's just no way Miles Austin isn't #1, but Hakeem Nicks has more than enough ability to overtake him.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jeremy Maclin had a great game today with 7 catches for 159 yards and 2 TDs, with a long of 83. He's tied with Nicks for 2nd in the NFL in TD catches with 6. He also has 1 less receiving yard than Nicks, despite having 11 fewer catches. I still think Nicks is better at this point but I think Maclin is pretty under rated, he is really starting to take that step forward I was hoping for.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:00 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah Maclin is beasting it. This week is a big test for him, he goes against the Titans defense and won't have DJax drawing coverage away from him.

I don't like Tennessee's CBs though, so he should still be able to get his.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:35 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maclin is going to have to get his. The Titans are likely going to focus a lot of energy on containing McCoy first to force the Eagles to beat them through the air. Avant as the starter and Hall/Cooper in the slot, as well as the disappointing Celek are going to have to do the dirty work.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:42 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Jeremy Maclin had a great game today with 7 catches for 159 yards and 2 TDs, with a long of 83. He's tied with Nicks for 2nd in the NFL in TD catches with 6. He also has 1 less receiving yard than Nicks, despite having 11 fewer catches. I still think Nicks is better at this point but I think Maclin is pretty under rated, he is really starting to take that step forward I was hoping for.
Your exactly right.

This is the growth I wanted to see from him and he's showing it to me, he is a bit underrated but if he can step up while Jackson is out he'll get his respect.

I like that he's looked good with both Kolb and Vick, he's looked very solid in his all around game. Like BBD this will be a huge test for him, I won't bash him if he doesn't just explode, but it'll be nice to see what he can do when he is specifically the #1 guy and that's likely what Nicks sees. Smith is a great underneath route runner but teams gameplan to stop him at this point.

I'll be taking note, if he can keep this up I'll change my opinion about him and start to rank him higher in the division and overall in general. He has looked very impressive as of late though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:51 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In Steve Smith's interview, he said teams are not rolling coverages towards Nicks, which means he is open at times. The Lions did both. They kept rolling towards Nicks on some plays and then on Smith. So that's why we hit Manningham, Boss, and Beckum. So teams really have to decide how they want to play us because they can' roll to everyone.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:56 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
In Steve Smith's interview, he said teams are not rolling coverages towards Nicks, which means he is open at times. The Lions did both. They kept rolling towards Nicks on some plays and then on Smith. So that's why we hit Manningham, Boss, and Beckum. So teams really have to decide how they want to play us because they can' roll to everyone.
Thats only if the team lacks CBs.

A team with a stud CB can man up on 1 and roll the other way. Or on obvious passing downs they can put their stud in the slot and go 2 man under to take away both outside WRs.

The Giants need a 3rd guy to emerge on a consistent basis or else our offense is very beatable. We only had 177 yards through the air bc the pass rush got there, and bc Detroit did a great job disguising coverages and rolling in the right directions.

A defense like the Jets who can press with 3 CBs and blitz like hell will eat our offense for breakfast.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:00 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Thats only if the team lacks CBs.

A team with a stud CB can man up on 1 and roll the other way. Or on obvious passing downs they can put their stud in the slot and go 2 man under to take away both outside WRs.

The Giants need a 3rd guy to emerge on a consistent basis or else our offense is very beatable. We only had 177 yards through the air bc the pass rush got there, and bc Detroit did a great job disguising coverages and rolling in the right directions.

A defense like the Jets who can press with 3 CBs and blitz like hell will eat our offense for breakfast.
This was just based on what Smith was seeing now. We didn't need to air it out. Let's not forget we could run on this horrible rush defense. Every team has actually. So we stuck with that.

I think we can do well vs the Jets defense. We can score points on anyone, and when we don't it's a rare thing. It's like wow, what went wrong there. That's what experienced offensive coaches can do when they game plan. We found another way to win, and our running game helped big time. I am not worried.

I do think Maclin is a good WR, but if we are monitoring stats, I expect Eli to go where the weakness is. If they roll towards Nicks, I expect Smith to get fed, or Mario, or someone else. So I am not really stat counting except at the DE and RB position.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:01 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is unreal how much depth at WR there is between the Eagles, Giants, and Cowboys. Jackson, Maclin, Nicks, Bryant, Roy Williams, Austin, Manningham, Avant. That is pretty sick...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 10-19-2010, 01:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
It is unreal how much depth at WR there is between the Eagles, Giants, and Cowboys. Jackson, Maclin, Nicks, Bryant, Roy Williams, Austin, Manningham, Avant. That is pretty sick...
We probably have the best WR division in the league.

Oline on the other hand....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
This was just based on what Smith was seeing now. We didn't need to air it out. Let's not forget we could run on this horrible rush defense. Every team has actually. So we stuck with that.

I think we can do well vs the Jets defense. We can score points on anyone, and when we don't it's a rare thing. It's like wow, what went wrong there. That's what experienced offensive coaches can do when they game plan. We found another way to win, and our running game helped big time. I am not worried.

I do think Maclin is a good WR, but if we are monitoring stats, I expect Eli to go where the weakness is. If they roll towards Nicks, I expect Smith to get fed, or Mario, or someone else. So I am not really stat counting except at the DE and RB position.
We still had a lot of attempts through the air though. Eli just had to keep checking down. Youre right, Eli takes whats given to him, he does a great job of that.

But it is concerning that our threats can be neutralized that easily against a team that has no CBs.

We are very beatable on offense, we just haven't played a defense who can expose us yet.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:08 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

OLine is just not good across the board. It is a bit of a show... Pathetic, at times.

Old 10-19-2010, 01:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

We have the best qb division in the league, and the best WR division in the league offensively.

That's pretty impressive when you think about it.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:10 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Not a bad RB division, either. Also DE/pass rush... Orakpo, Tuck, Osi, Cole, Ware...

Old 10-19-2010, 01:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Yeah I was looking at just offense.

Id say a bunch of divisions can throw their hat into the best rb contest. I don't think we make the cut there.

Defensively, Id say we're probably tied with the AFC North for best defensive division in the leauge.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:49 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unfortunately the skins bring down the division at any skill position with the possible exception of TE, although part of me still thinks Fred Davis is better than Cooley. It really is amazing though with our skill positions looking like a CFL roster, and our O-line being terrible at pass protection that our offense manages to score points at all.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:49 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Given the offensive line play across the division, it's amazing that any of the teams has a winning record...

Old 10-19-2010, 03:04 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Given the offensive line play across the division, it's amazing that any of the teams has a winning record...
Though 2 of our wins are in the division, haha.

Old 10-19-2010, 04:55 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

The saddest part is, Washington actually has the best oline in the division.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:59 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Our tackles are great even though Trent Williams has had some growing pains, but our interior line is horrendous. Kory Lichtensteiger, Artis Hicks, and Casey Rabach should be no more than backups tbh. I was actually surprised because I didn't think he was doing that poorly that they are no longer using Derrick Dockery, they aren't even activating him for games anymore. Definitely love the acquisition of Jamaal Brown though. Maybe he's not at that pro bowl level he used to be but he's very very solid. Any time Stephon Heyer has to get in there I cringe. Our run blocking is ever improving but our pass protection is a joke. You can rag all day on Mcnabb's accuracy but one thing that he is elite at is pocket awarness. He has had to run for his life every single passing down yet the sack numbers are low. He's had to be Houdini several times this year to avoid getting sacked with our poor pass protection and now poor blitz pickups since Portis has been out.

Old 10-22-2010, 11:05 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

McNabb is great with the escape and feeling pressure, but he has usually had the benefit of great blocking RB's in front of him. He struggled last year with McCoy learning on the job behind the Eagles less than stellar OLine. The fact that you guys are grinding out wins at all is a miracle.

Old 10-23-2010, 07:34 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Let's see how Maclin does this week when Desean Jackson isn't drawing coverage away from him.

This will be a good test for Mac.

Nicks has been doubled, Maclin hasn't. Now let's see what he's made of.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:19 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Nicks has Braylon hands? Bc he dropped 2 more passes than Maclin? Hahhaha.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:26 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Let me ask you something.

Why can't both be good?

I never said Maclin sucks. I think he's going to be great. I just think Nicks is going to be better, and I stand by that. I think its stupid and childish to make one sound like he sucks just to gas up the guy you think is better.

If you like Maclin, fine, I have no problem with that. I think he's good too. But to claim Nicks isn't good just to make Maclin sound better is ridiculous.