Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

View Poll Results: Who's the best WR?
DeSean Jackson, Eagles 67 72.04%
Miles Austin, Cowboys 15 16.13%
Steve Smith, Giants 6 6.45%
Santana Moss, Redskins 1 1.08%
Mario Manningham, Giants 3 3.23%
Other 1 1.08%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2010, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In Maclin's defense, he got the majority of his stats last week when DeSean was already out, with only Jason Avant and Chad Hall as the other 2 active WRs playing.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:32 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think its even questionable who's best in the division, Miles Austin easily. But Nicks is being taken away by teams, over a guy that had 100+ catches last year and made the pro bowl in steve smith. Mario has shown he could make big plays but i doubt defenses would care as much about him than Nicks. Nicks is 3rd best behind Austin and Jackson imo, with Santana and Maclin fighting for fourth

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:46 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Santana is 5th in the NFL in receiving yards and 4th in receptions despite being doubled a whole lot. Probably going to have a pro bowl season this year. On pace for like 1200 yards and 90 receptions.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 01:59 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Dez Bryant.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 02:09 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Dez Bryant.
People are starting to believe me... but there are still some doubters.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:08 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL. The WRs listed on this thread go up and down like the stock market. One week it's player A, and then now it's player B. I was happy Nicks had a good game even though he had a hamstring injury. I know a lot of giants fans thought he would not play.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:51 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

This is how I see it. Not even trying to be a Dallas Homer:

Hakeem nicks is a quality reciever, probably a few pro bowls, but he will be forgotten.

Barring injury, Dez Bryant will be one of the great ones.

Hakeen Nicks is not on the same level. Quality reciever, but Dez is just other worldly.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:03 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hakeem Nicks is a boss. He's going to be a stud, if not already one.

But in 2 years, maybe as early as next year even, Dez Bryant is going to be the best in the division. He's amazing. He's a bigger stronger faster Hakeem Nicks. I'm amazed at how good he is. You can't tackle him with one guy, hell, maybe not even 2.

He's a TE playing WR. I don't know how you cover this guy. In 2 years, I think he's going to be a top 3 WR in the league. Yes. In the league, he's gonna be that good.

How on earth does a guy with his frame return punts? And not only that, how on earth is he so good at it?

You can just see how much potential this guy oozes, and he's going to wreck this league for a long long time. He's a monster. And he'll be the best in the division within 2 years.

But for now, it's still Austin and Jackson tied for 1st, with Nicks as the 2nd best.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:06 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

If Romo can get some protection in the future.. becuase him and dez seem to have a chemistry.. I could see some rediculous things from Dez. How did teams let him fall to 24..

Character Concers? He's probly the only player the Cowboys have with good character right now.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dez Bryant catches two touchdowns in garbage time and now he's the best? Yeah, right. For the record, I'm one of the biggest Dez fans on here, but come on. He's not even the best WR on his own team.

Hakeem Nicks is a ************* horse. He's just so ******* strong. He has enormous hands and he runs well. He's going to be special.

Look at the young WR talent in this division. It's incredible.

DeSean Jackson is 23. Miles Austin is 26. Hakeem Nicks is 22. Steve Smith is 25. Dez Bryant is 21. Jeremy Maclin is 22. Mario Manningham is 24. The only top WR in the division that's older than 26 is Santana Moss, a geezer compared to others, and he's 31. Unreal.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:27 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Easily the best WR division in football.

But yeah, I'm moreso talking about his potential. You just see it with him. He's gonna be special.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:34 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Sniper, Dez Bryant is the man. Even BBD, a giants fan is saying it.

Stop with the blasphemy. Just because DeSean Jackson is now outdone doesn't mean you need to pout :P
Old 10-26-2010, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree Dez will likely end up better, but you're pretty naive if you just think Nicks is a "quality WR". He's been one of the best WR's in the league this year and shows no signs of slowing down. Not to mention he is super young, like Dez.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sniper, Dez Bryant is the man. Even BBD, a giants fan is saying it.

Stop with the blasphemy. Just because DeSean Jackson is now outdone doesn't mean you need to pout :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
For the record, I'm one of the biggest Dez fans on here
Go back to my quotes about Dez in the offseason. I'd take Austin, Bryant and Nicks over Jackson, so that argument is irrelevant.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:50 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Touche, my fault for assuming.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm with Sniper on this one. Yes Bryant looks like he eventually might be the best but besides the punt return yesterday he did nothing else that made me feel he's better than Nicks right now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 01:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I'm not saying he's better than any of the big 4 right now (Jackson, Austin, Nicks, Maclin).

I just think in 1 or 2 years, he will be. Not right now of course, but he's going to eventually be better than all of them.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smith is continuously underrated here as well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 01:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I forgot about Smith. Good ol reliable.

Even our 3rd and 4th WRs in our division are pretty good. Mario, Avant, Riley Cooper, Roy Williams, we'll see what Cruz does next year.

Ridiculous. You need 3 good CBs in the NFC East.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:32 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dez bigger and stronger than Nicks? I don't see it.

Old 10-26-2010, 01:38 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Get your eyes checked bro lol
Old 10-26-2010, 01:57 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Dez might be taller but he definitely hasn't shown to be more physical than Nicks. Dez is faster, and quicker/shiftier but Nicks is a guy who isn't easy to tackle even if you have him wrapped up. Neither is Anquan Boldin but Nicks impresses me with his physicality, Dez impresses me with his quickness and change of direction speed.

Old 10-26-2010, 02:01 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm not saying he's better than any of the big 4 right now (Jackson, Austin, Nicks, Maclin).
and to think santana moss leads all 4 of them in receiving this year. not saying hes the best wr in the division but he gets no love because the others are so "young". nfc east has like 6 wrs in the top 25 right now in receiving.

Last edited by DiG : 10-26-2010 at 02:03 PM.
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 02:09 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is how I see it. Not even trying to be a Dallas Homer:

Hakeem nicks is a quality reciever, probably a few pro bowls, but he will be forgotten.

Barring injury, Dez Bryant will be one of the great ones.

Hakeen Nicks is not on the same level. Quality reciever, but Dez is just other worldly.

This is just ridiculous man. If Nicks was on the Cowboys doing the exact same things he would be all worldly to you, but because he's on the Giants he's just "quality" and will be forgotten? I thought you were a better poster then this. I hate reading stuff like this but there is always one.....

Dez is other worldly??? I know you want to get Dez pregnant and all but he's gonna be a really good WR, other worldly though? Pump your brakes, he's no different then the Fitz, Andre, types of WR's who become really good, but it's obvious your being an annoying homer and ignoring how good Nicks is because he plays for the Giants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 02:27 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

I still don't see what Cowboys fans see in Dez to make them think he's going to be a GOAT of this decade. He definitely is talented as hell with special physical gifts but I'm not convinced yet he will ever be a consistent week to week stud like Andre Johnson or Fitz. IMO if I were a Cowboy fan I'd be more excited with Miles Austin. He's only 26 and already a top WR. And even though he's a big play guy Miles Austin is less dependant than Dez on the big play in order to be effective. If you tell me Miles Austin will be a top 10 WR for the next 7 or 8 years I'll buy it but I'm not buying Dez Bryant as a star yet.