Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

View Poll Results: Who's the best WR?
DeSean Jackson, Eagles 67 72.04%
Miles Austin, Cowboys 15 16.13%
Steve Smith, Giants 6 6.45%
Santana Moss, Redskins 1 1.08%
Mario Manningham, Giants 3 3.23%
Other 1 1.08%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-26-2010, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, while Dez will be a beast, I don't see how you can say he is already one of the best in the league as a rookie, based solely on talent. Sure he's talented, but he's not a freak of nature or anything. If people weren't calling Calvin Johnson one of the best as a rookie, you can't say Dez is.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:58 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And if we are being honest I don't view Dez Bryant to be in the same class as Calvin Johnson as a young prospect.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 02:05 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who is really in the same class as Calvin Johnson from a physical tools perspective? Young Randy Moss, Brandon Marshall, Young TO, Andre Johnson

Does any other current player really bring that much to the table?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
And if we are being honest I don't view Dez Bryant to be in the same class as Calvin Johnson as a young prospect.
Yep, that's what I'm saying. I view him more as a Michael Crabtree caliber prospect, maybe even Mike Williams, but I haven't seen nearly enough to want him over DeSean Jackson like cowboys fans and even Sniper are saying.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:27 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Prospect or player? Prospect to me doesn't even matter because that's draft status. Hakeem Nicks wasn't viewed as an elite WR prospect, and honestly Calvin was in a class of his own so who really cares about all that. Dez is about as talented as a guy can be as a rookie, who knows how far he'll develop but it's annoying to see Cowboys fans making him into something he isn't yet.

Still though, opinions are opinions so I have no problem in someone thinking he's just that good, but to have to knock other teams players for the sake of pumping Dez up is stupid I'm sorry. Nicks is on pace for like 15 TD's this season and still getting alot better, since when has that been "quality"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 02:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't knocked other WRs for the sake of pumping up Dez.

But it really is simple for me.

Are you going to say he is the best only AFTER he backs it up with stats? Only AFTER defenses start to key in on him as the main receiver? If your answer to that is yes, then your point of view is a situational one. It's basing your opinion off an "as of this moment" time frame type thing...and saying "he's not that player yet".

I'm saying, "he is that player now." But hasn't had the opportunity to showcase it yet. I'm saying that if the passes were coming his way, then he'd show it. The talent is there now. It's not a matter of "oh, he's not yet developed". He IS developed. He is good to go now. He's the best talent. He's the best WR. Only opportunity hasn't afforded him the chance to show it. Once it does, then he'll put up the stats and defenses will key in on him, and then he'll convince you guys. But it ain't for the fact that he ain't developed yet and the day will come when he'll all of a sudden turn into a different player than he is now. He's not gonna morph into a new player. He's just going to be the same player, same talent, only difference is getting the targets thrown his way. But only until then will you all think, oh ok now I believe...like he's changed or something.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:10 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I haven't knocked other WRs for the sake of pumping up Dez.
Btw that wasn't in reference to you it was CDCB14 who called Nicks a "quality player who would be forgotten" even though he's leading the NFL in TD's and has alot of room to grow.

For instance you and STRIP may be on opposite ends of the spectrum with Dez, I think it's fairly obvious he'll be really good, I just can't put him above guys like Nicks & Austin right now because I don't think he's better then them right now. You do make a great point about targets, defenses doubling him etc, but sometimes guys want to see more out of a guy before you know if you have a Braylon Edwards on your hands, or even a Roy Williams scenario.

I don't see much difference from what Dez is showing now and what Andre did in his rookie year so I think we'll eventually see that sort of dominance from him when he'll take over.

Quote:
Old 10-26-2010, 03:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But you know what guys? This may be fun and all.... but it matters nothing.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:26 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D, on your other point, yes, I WILL say things like that once he does show it. He needs to work on some seperation.
but hey, I mean, Charles Rogers was the best WR at one time, right? He just didn't put up the stats to prove it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:33 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not related to Dez but yeah obviousy there were cirumstances beyond just football but I actually remember Charles Rogers debut, he was a monster. I remember thinking he was the next Randy Moss.

Old 10-26-2010, 06:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dez is definitely big and strong. He breaks tackles from DBs like they don't exist. His stiff arm is nasty. He snatches the ball out of the air just as well as Nicks. To me he's a bigger faster and stronger version of Nicks. Even his body control and balance are the same.

Now don't get me wrong, I never said he's the best right now, but I have no doubt in my mind he will be the best in 2 years.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:57 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Quote:
Dez might be taller but he definitely hasn't shown to be more physical than Nicks. Dez is faster, and quicker/shiftier but Nicks is a guy who isn't easy to tackle even if you have him wrapped up. Neither is Anquan Boldin but Nicks impresses me with his physicality, Dez impresses me with his quickness and change of direction speed.
Dude are you blind, did you see that one screen pass he caught from kitna? It took the whole giants defense to bring him down after he broke 3 tackles. Everytime he got the ball he broke 2+ tackles last night...

I understand trying to hate cause your a skins fan... but come on now. Dez is a tank.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:04 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

People may be hating on me and calling me a homer, and that's fine. I'm not in denial.

The cowboys are 1-5, they are trash, and the season is the over. The giants are the class of the NFC East, and probably the entire NFC.

But I will defend my boy Dez. The kid is a phenom. All you posters on the top of this page saying you don't see what's so special.. are you blind? Like really, your should go to the eye doctor...

The kid is special. Very special.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I definitely agree with the notion that Dez will be a star and if he doesn't develop any bad habits he'll be the best of this division and a top ten and possible top five WR in the entire league. But he's not there yet, the talent is, the performance, experience and consistency isn't yet. He's got a great set up with Austin entrenched as the #1 for now, but I'd rather have Austin, Nicks or Jackson for a game this weekend.

[Homer-time]Plus I don't think Nicks being a few inches shorter is that big of a loss, he's got just as long of arms to go up and get the ball and he's stronger with a tighter build and lower center of gravity for breaking tackles after the catch. Now Dez is clearly quicker, but I don't think he's as powerful as Nicks or built to be as powerful as Nicks even at their respective peaks.[/Homer-time]

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:45 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

^^ Nope you are not being a homer, but apparently both of us need an optometrist appointment. Hah saying I am just hating on the Cowboys, it's not like I like the Giants either.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:48 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't get me wrong...I LOVE me some Hakeem Nicks. My brothers thought I was crazy when I told them before the draft that Nicks would be the best WR in that class, better than Michael Crabtree.

I loved me some Kenny Britt too, not as much as my fellow Rutgers alums in GF1080 and Scotty, but he gave me semi boners as well.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

....and when I'm wrong... I don't hide my face.

Devin Thomas. OMG. Released by the Skins. Note to self.... Be wary of Michigan St. WRs.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was very happy with the Nicks picks but yeah Britt would have been special for me. Nicks is a straight up beast though and I'm glad we at least have him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:58 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2009 was a ridiculous year for WR's:

Nicks, Crabtree, Maclin, Heyward-Bey, Harvin, Britt, Massoqui, B-Tate, Mike Wallace, Mike Thomas, Louis Murphy, Austin Collie, Johnny Knox...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Don't fight me anymore. Dez is the best WR in the NFC East.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:37 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

Don't fight me anymore. Dez is the best WR in the NFC East.
That 1 handed grab Nicks had was ridiculous also, and if you gave Dez his 50 yard catch back, and Nicks TD, it be tough to say who had a better game. I can't truthfully say 1 is better then the other from what I see now, they look like clones of eachother honestly.

The better question is who has the most potential to continue to get better, but I do think it's pretty sick that Dez can return punts and KR's at his size and weight ratio and still move the way he can. That typically doesn't happen when a guy is his size.

It would be interesting to see who had the wider hands at the combine because I swear both of them have abnormally large hands.

Quote:
Old 11-15-2010, 12:39 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
2009 was a ridiculous year for WR's:

Nicks, Crabtree, Maclin, Heyward-Bey, Harvin, Britt, Massoqui, B-Tate, Mike Wallace, Mike Thomas, Louis Murphy, Austin Collie, Johnny Knox...
Were so far from being able to tell who the best WR will be from that class it's not even funny. ALOT of those guys are ballers and you could argue that at least 5 could be considered the best WR of the class when it's all said and done.

I wish I could have gotten to see more Kenny Britt this season when he seemed to be hitting his stride.

Quote:
Old 11-15-2010, 12:46 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

I'm still a Crabtree believer but he has horrible QB play. As for Dez I'm a believer now. Better big play threat than Nicks although right now I'd still probably take Nicks for all around game. Tough to say who's the best because even with how hot Dez and Nicks have been I'd still have Miles and Djax up there. Regardless so much sick talent in the divison with Maclin also in the conversation and Steve Smith is probably the best #2 WR in the NFL. It was like that at Carolina as well but Nicks can have inconsistent hands at times even though he can make some ridiculous catches.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:57 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

That is currently my facebook profile picture!

But yes, it has to be Dez now. The kid is a rookie 9 games in, and Perry Fewell was ******** his pants over him. That's when you know he's for real.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
That is currently my facebook profile picture!

But yes, it has to be Dez now. The kid is a rookie 9 games in, and Perry Fewell was ******** his pants over him. That's when you know he's for real.
Has to be? No. You could easily debate between Nicks and Dez. Heck, you could debate between some other players too if you really wanted to.