Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

View Poll Results: Who's the best WR?
DeSean Jackson, Eagles 67 72.04%
Miles Austin, Cowboys 15 16.13%
Steve Smith, Giants 6 6.45%
Santana Moss, Redskins 1 1.08%
Mario Manningham, Giants 3 3.23%
Other 1 1.08%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2010, 02:42 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arguing that Dez is the clear #1 wideout in the division is like arguing that Suh is the best D-lineman in the NFL. Definitely plenty of points for, but at the same time I can come up with dozens of reasons why Miles, Nicks, Jackson could be the best in the division.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:27 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

I know im just kidding, just gotta love dez!
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:40 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think it's completey off base to say that the NFC East has 3 of the top 5 receiving corps in the entire league.

Old 11-15-2010, 06:48 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dez and Nicks are identical. Except Dez is bigger and stronger. Both are studs, and both have the same style.

Im amazed at how a guy as big as Dez can do punt returns. Its unreal. And the guy is a monster, you can't tackle him with 1 guy. And good luck to any DB who tries to tackle him, he'll break your arm off.

Nicks seems to have more core and lower body strength than Dez though. Nicks is a beast in his own right. He's just a shorter version of Dez really.

Both I think will be top 5 WRs in this league soon enough. I was telling guys last year that Nicks reminds me of Fitz the way he goes up and gets the ball. I stand by that.

I thought Nicks was the best WR in that class. I think he will establish himself as such when the dust settles. That's no knock on the rest of the guys, that was an amazing draft class for WRs.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Nicks' hands. They're like big fish nets! He has a very sneaky way of getting open (I don't think he's a crisp route runner) but Eli does amaze me in the ways he seems to find him. Whatever it is, they have a special natural connection.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I love Nicks' hands. They're like big fish nets! He has a very sneaky way of getting open (I don't think he's a crisp route runner) but Eli does amaze me in the ways he seems to find him. Whatever it is, they have a special natural connection.
Not on the 100 yd INT return.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:19 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dez is going to be far and away the best real soon.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:22 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree, Nicks doesn't run his routes to a 'T', often putting too much flair in them, but in the slant yesterday he needed to stall at the line to let the play action fake go, it wasnt the greatest play design and it was extremely predictable.

The DB guessed, probably saw it in film about a dozen times, and knew the route so he jumped it. Nicks was trying to break it off for a fade, and Eli (who had no business throwing that ball) trusted Nicks to be where he needed to be.

Dez is a beast, we all knew it would happen, and i don't think it would've happened this fast with many other teams so it was good he fell to you guys. He just straight out makes plays, TT definitely didnt have a good game but Dez wouldve burnt most DB's with those moves

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 02:45 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
That is currently my facebook profile picture!

But yes, it has to be Dez now. The kid is a rookie 9 games in, and Perry Fewell was ******** his pants over him. That's when you know he's for real.
No, Perry Fewell was ******** himself over John Kitna, which is why we ran a vanilla D all day giving Dez time to pick on TT who always plays like crap against Dallas.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best WR in the NFC East. Just stop fighting me already. I'm even ashamed that some of you Cowboys fans denied it.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Nebula
Rookie

Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very funny reading the first page of this thread.

Couple of years later it seems like the sentiments were true, Desean Jackson isn't the best receiver in the NFC East. Definitely the most explosive, but not the best. Hakeem Nicks, Jeremy Maclin, Miles Austin are more complete players.
Nebula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Nebula
Rookie

Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Best WR in the NFC East. Just stop fighting me already. I'm even ashamed that some of you Cowboys fans denied it.
He's the best WR because he is an explosive punt returner?

Let's wait until he actually accomplishes something on the football field besides one decent game against the Giants in november. Don't go Brandon Lloyd on me, I don't want a receiver that shows in garbage time when games are out of reach
Old 01-31-2011, 09:09 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
Very funny reading the first page of this thread.

Couple of years later it seems like the sentiments were true, Desean Jackson isn't the best receiver in the NFC East. Definitely the most explosive, but not the best. Hakeem Nicks, Jeremy Maclin, Miles Austin are more complete players.
Who cares who's most "complete." Getting big plays carries more weight. Carlos Boozer is a more complete player than Dwight Howard, that doesn't mean he's better than Howard. Jackson's vertical ability makes him the best wideout. In turn it makes Maclin and Celek better because they face single coverage.

Old 01-31-2011, 11:56 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

^^^^

Jackson better than Dez....

LOLZZZZZ

Last edited by xxxxxxxx : 01-31-2011 at 11:59 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:27 AM    (permalink
JustDezIT
Rookie

JustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I can't believe this is even a discussion.

Dez Bryant is the best WR in the division. By a longshot. Not even close. Next year as a 2 he'll have a 1300-1400 yd season.

And to the Washington fan above. You're just a ******* idiot. What garbage points, and comparing basketball to football, no matter the context.

If Austin has Romo all year he's the #1 receiver statistically in football. You must have a severe mental disorder to think Jackson is better, let alone the best receiver in the division.

You'd take a vertical big play guy over a complete? Are you ****** in the head? Jackson has his games where he goes 150 yards and a few td's, but he has far to many games where he goes 2 for 20 yards.

Complete receiver>>>>>>>>>>big play threat and it's really not close.

Dez, Austin, Nicks >>>>>>>>>>>>>Jackson

Last edited by JustDezIT : 02-01-2011 at 01:31 AM.
JustDezIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, this Dez Bryant fanboyism is really starting to annoy me now.

Cowboy fans, this is why there is no such thing as an underrated Cowboy.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:28 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Ok, this Dez Bryant fanboyism is really starting to annoy me now.

Cowboy fans, this is why there is no such thing as an underrated Cowboy.
I'm simply just messing around because people get so annoyed with all the love he gets.

But in seriousness homerism aside, I would take him Jackson. Dez catches balls triple covered and can 80 yards as well, jackson cant do the former.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:34 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Ive said it before, Dez will eventually become the best in the division, I just think it's too early to say it right now. Right now, he's not even the best on his team, Austin is.

That will change soon as long as he keeps his head on straight. Needless to say, our division is stacked with WRs.

Oline? Not so much...
Old 02-01-2011, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Nebula
Rookie

Why is Dez Bryant the best in the division or has the potential too? Absolutely not and if you're just going to be a blind homer about don't bother arguing.

A) Work ethic: You're talking about a guy who comes in late, leaves early. Immature.

B): Consistency: Very inconsistent. Disappears in games. Similar to desean jackson he doesn't play great when he's not involved early

C): Route Running: Very poor route runner. Can't read coverages and never shows the ability to sit in a soft spot. Footwork and cuts in route running are below average at best, he hardly gets separation

D): Speed: Above average speed. Not someone who is going to run by you and defenders can recover when they get beat because of this

E): Natural athletic ability: This the ONLY good thing about Dez Bryant. And damn it, I mean the ONLY. He is a very physical receiver that has super strong hands that allows him to catch the ball at its highest points. Unathletic DBs look ridiculous trying to compete for the football with him. It's very hard to make a play on the ball in coverage because he's so phyiscal. Bryant also has great body control. Very talented playing the ball in the air.

Essentially, Dez Bryant isn't an elite receiver and probably most likely will not because of his poor intangibles and work habits. Maclin and Nicks have much more upside and it's not even close. Sorry to the cowboys homer that believe every player on their team is great. I mean, heck, didn't you people say you have the most talented backfield in the NFL? Looks like your runningbacks arent as talented as people thought, heh..
Old 02-01-2011, 04:53 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

^^ I have disagreed with the Dez dsuckers but that is too extreme. Also how do Maclin and Nicks have higher upside? They have better intangibles but higher upside no way. Dez's natural ability automatically gives him the highest upside of just about any receiver in the league. I agree with some points about work ethic and route running although I'm sure any fan will say that Dez will easily become a great route runner over time.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Nebula
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
^^ I have disagreed with the Dez dsuckers but that is too extreme. Also how do Maclin and Nicks have higher upside? They have better intangibles but higher upside no way. Dez's natural ability automatically gives him the highest upside of just about any receiver in the league. I agree with some points about work ethic and route running although I'm sure any fan will say that Dez will easily become a great route runner over time.
Not if he doesn't have the work ethic and intangibles to do so. Remember Devin Thomas? His main weakness was his crappy route running and he never showed an ability to improve that. Why? Because not only was his work ethic poor, he also thinks hes better than he is (similar to Bryant).

Plus I don't think he is the most naturally gifted player in the division. Only above average speed. Nicks is just as physical and strong as he is. And Nicks can grab the ball at its highest point and come down with it also. Nicks has HUGE hands just like Dez Bryant. But Nicks is much, much better because he is a superior route runner with a much better work ethic.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:38 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Dez's mid air body control/ball adjustment as well as ball tracking skills are superior.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Nebula
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Dez's mid air body control/ball adjustment as well as ball tracking skills are superior.
Which is about really the only thing he does elite. Everything else about him is average to suspect.

"Superior"? No offense man, being that you are not a cowboys fan, but I strongly disagree. Nicks gets many, many comparisons to Michael Irvin coming out of the draft just like Dez Bryant did. I have no idea where you have been. Hakeem Nicks absolutely has terrific body control. He adjusts to passes very well and always comes back to the ball. I also noticed that dez bryant can play lazy and not come back to the ball sometimes letting it hit his feet.

Look at Nicks' rookie highlights when he played in a similar role to Dez Bryant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1PEf4BFub4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXjuM...eature=related

I guarantee you if Nicks had a rookie season just like for the cowboys, cowboys fans would be touting him as the best WR in the east for a long time. To suggest Dez Bryant has superior body control than Nicks is just crazy without say..

And that utter crap about Dez Bryant being "superior" to Nicks when it comes to mid air ball adjustment is completley unsupported and something you just said out of your ass, really:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwInd..._order&list=UL

Last edited by Nebula : 02-01-2011 at 08:38 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:08 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Dez is the superior talent.

Nebula just stop.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:00 AM    (permalink
JustDezIT
Rookie

JustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Dez is the superior talent.

Nebula just stop.
I have no time to respond to his ******** quote now, I will tomorrow.

In short, it's obvious that Dez banged his mom and perhaps sister. Really hard. Really, really hard.
JustDezIT is offline   Reply With Quote