Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

View Poll Results: Who's the best WR?
DeSean Jackson, Eagles 67 72.04%
Miles Austin, Cowboys 15 16.13%
Steve Smith, Giants 6 6.45%
Santana Moss, Redskins 1 1.08%
Mario Manningham, Giants 3 3.23%
Other 1 1.08%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-02-2011, 08:29 AM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Miles Austin is still better than all the guys mentioned. His per game production is insane. He also runs all the routes and does it well.

If all he he did was run 30 yards down field and wait for the QB to scramble and heave up a bomb -- then maybe some other WR are better at improvisation but he'd still get the same YPC stats. If all he did is break off routes un-necessarily and tyr to capitalize on the chaos -- again might be some better.

But if you need a guy to do what he is supposed to do and get the ball and run after it and block --- Austin is better than all the guys most folks here sweat.

Tuff to overcome UDFA in the minds of most fans -- regardless of production. Same goes for the coaches who kept him on the bench till Roy Freakin' Williams got injured and Rock Hand TO got let go. If not for those coaching (GM) blunders he'd be on his 4th Pro Bowl by now.

Last edited by yanksknicks : 10-02-2011 at 08:32 AM.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:58 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nicks is getting better and right now is 4th in the NFC in yards. I think we have a lot of sick WRs in our division. I think it comes down to who can be the most productive in a given year.

Talent equaling production is a whole other story. For instance, Jackson may be the most explosive WR in the division. However, if Vick stinks or gets knocked out due to OL play, then that talent won't equal the production which you'd expect. That talent would be still there but not the production.

Right now Nicks is a very productive WR so I like that. With Cruz coming on, I am happy with Nicks, Manningham and Cruz.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:05 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nicks, Maclin, Dez & Austin are the only guys I'm even debating as the best WR in the division. Desean is good at what he is, but he's not in the discussion for best WR in the division at all anymore.

Maclin & Dez may be more projecting. Maclin drops too many catchable balls for me at the end of games when I'd like to see him up his play. Dez you need to see more consistency from, would have been nice to see him 100% with Austin out to see how he handles double coverage.

Nicks & Austin I think your splitting hairs with whoever you take, and I don't think there is a wrong answer, but I think they stand out as tops in the group. Maclin & Dez are right there, and maybe by the end of the season they will have passed 1 of them up, but seems premature to place them there now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:54 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Nicks, Maclin, Dez & Austin are the only guys I'm even debating as the best WR in the division. Desean is good at what he is, but he's not in the discussion for best WR in the division at all anymore.

Maclin & Dez may be more projecting. Maclin drops too many catchable balls for me at the end of games when I'd like to see him up his play. Dez you need to see more consistency from, would have been nice to see him 100% with Austin out to see how he handles double coverage.

Nicks & Austin I think your splitting hairs with whoever you take, and I don't think there is a wrong answer, but I think they stand out as tops in the group. Maclin & Dez are right there, and maybe by the end of the season they will have passed 1 of them up, but seems premature to place them there now.
You're rating Maclin higher than DeSean? I think Jackson is definitely better than Maclin. Sure, Maclin is more complete, but Jackson is so much more explosive. Maclin hasn't had a great season either, Jackson has definitely outplayed him every year they've been together.

And Jackson gets the opposition's best cover corner, Maclin doesn't. *shrug*
Old 10-10-2011, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maclin is having a good year so far. He's tied for 2nd in the NFL with 32 catches, 3 TD's, almost 400 yards.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Maclin is having a good year so far. He's tied for 2nd in the NFL with 32 catches, 3 TD's, almost 400 yards.
He's 14th on the list on nfl.com and Jackson is 10. I think yards is more important than catches.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Victor Cruz is only 2 yards behind him. How crazy is that?
Old 10-10-2011, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
He's 14th on the list on nfl.com and Jackson is 10. I think yards is more important than catches.
He's still having a good year. I'm not choosing one over the other but you said he was having a poor season which he's not. Tied for 2nd in catches and 14th in yards is very good.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-10-2011, 01:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
He's still having a good year. I'm not choosing one over the other but you said he was having a poor season which he's not. Tied for 2nd in catches and 14th in yards is very good.
He's made some costly mistakes this year. The drop vs Atlanta, the fumble vs us, I guess I'm being too harsh on him but my expectations for him were pretty high this year.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:18 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You're rating Maclin higher than DeSean? I think Jackson is definitely better than Maclin. Sure, Maclin is more complete, but Jackson is so much more explosive. Maclin hasn't had a great season either, Jackson has definitely outplayed him every year they've been together.

And Jackson gets the opposition's best cover corner, Maclin doesn't. *shrug*
I think that is just your affinity for Desean, or more so those types of WR's lol. Desean is about as inconsistent as you can get, and he does 1 thing for the offense. Maclin is the better WR all around for them, just because he's not as fast straight line doesn't change that for me.

Desean will always have his yards in spurts, he's very easy to take out of games, I really don't think it's close when looking at him and Maclin. Maclin started slow due to the illness leading into week 1, but he's that teams #1 WR, is consistent every week, and much better in the red zone.

I don't want to try and make him seem like a Devery Henderson clone, but it's pretty easy to my eyes to see who is the better WR on the Eagles.

Quote:
Old 10-10-2011, 01:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I dunno maaaaaaaan. I love me the deep ball. RIP Al Davis.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:23 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Victor Cruz is only 2 yards behind him. How crazy is that?
If he continues this pace he will be on top! I was looking at that too. 11 th I think he was in the league for basically not playing or starting a bunch of games. LOL. That's amazing! The guy is in beast mode!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 10:52 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

New Rankings:

Tier 1:

1. Victor Cruz - Not an overreaction. I've been a fan since he broke out in that pre-season, and he continued to develop along the way into a stud. Everything about his game is legit, even when it's a deep ball he attacks it in the air like a 6'6 WR.

He's play well in the slot and outside, he runs some of the best routes you'll see, and he's tough as nails. I can't wait until more people start talking about him. Everyone wanted to say "oh yea but it's just the preseasonzzzz" when he was going nuts but it was the manner in which it was done. Skying over top of guys 50 yards down the field, ball skills mirroring Fitzgerald, basically if you put a pro bowler player up against scrubs in the pre-season that's what you'd expect to happen. It was only a matter of time and development.

Very few WR's are playing at a higher level then him right now in the entire league.

2. Miles Austin - Injury riddled season but he's shown what he can do when healthy with games like the 3 TD effort vs the Niners. What I don't like is that he doesn't seem to be a guy who any QB can step in with and operate with. Just throw him the ball to make plays. Him and Romo seem to be based more off of their timing and chemistry, so when I see Kitna & McGee come in seems they are more comfortable getting the ball to Dez to make a play.

More so then Romo actually.

Tier 2:

3. Dez Bryant - Lots of different opinions on him, and how he'll have some games with less then 50 yards, but alot of that comes down to targets and I am basing this off of what I see when he is targeted. I was back and forth on him and Nicks and while it's splitting hairs Nicks dropped some balls this year I never saw him drop before, in the NFL or at UNC.

Willing to say it's more of an anomaly then trait, but I love how Dez secures the ball when it's thrown his way, love his physicality after he catches the ball, so similiar to Anquan Boldin. Mentally he's got a long way to go but he's still young and learning, some wanted it to happen faster, but he's got 9 TD's on the year which is already Andre Johnsons career high and combined with the fact they are off 57 catches is all the more impressive.

Think about how many guys who catch 80 or 90+ balls and still don't top 10. Sure talent & upside could get him higher but he's got a ways to go to pick up the mental side of things. Once those 40 yard games start turning into 100 yard games it'll be time to move him up. Defenses respect him as our best WR, but officially he's not yet. Dangerous, now that's another story.

4. Hakeem Nicks - Again him and Dez were splitting hairs, alot closer then Cruz & Austin. I am upset he had some troubling drops which he typically doesn't do but he's still a big time talent. I think there is more of a discrepancy in talent level between him and Cruz then most would believe, but I love his red zone skills too. He should have had more then 6 TD up to this point.

I expect 2012 to be a much better season for him too, and this is all considering he can still finish with roughly 1300 yards and 8 TD's with a good finish. Pro Bowl numbers. That's how much I respect Nicks and his game, he can beat anyone across from him and while production is fine consistency is what I'd like to see him get better at.

Tier 3:

5. Jeremy Maclin - I just don't think Maclin is a level of talent like the top 4 guys. Production is good since he's been in the league yes, and he can score 10 TD's a year also, but I see him short arm alot of passes across the middle, especially in crunch time, that puts a funny feeling over me when ranking him.

Seems like he shrinks more in those moments. I want to see him take over in some of those moments, but I do love his skill set. I'm not fully confident he can be a dominant #1 WR that beats double coverages week in and out. Desean isn't a great all around WR but he has speed that opens up alot of those coverages, as does the system, and Vick improvising.

I don't see star potential in him, but that's not a bad thing at all to me. He's a really good WR that is still getting better. I'm just not seeing the same room for growth as some of the other WR's.

6. Laurent Robinson - This guy has always been talented, for those that followed his career, injuries are what plauges him. He's not a #1 guy but a very good #2 with a nice skill set of size and skill. He runs really good routes, has a great feel for the WR position also; how to break down in and out of his routes, knowing the soft spots in the zone instead of running full speed everywhere, great ball skills.

I hope we lock him up long term and I expect us to with a decent contract. He's only 26 and finally putting it all together. I like the variety and arsenal of his game, he doesn't just rely on speed and the deep ball, or his size for the underneath stuff, he is very well rounded in all areas.

Remaining:

7. Mario Manningham - Also very productive, and a play-maker. More of a cog you fit into a system then someone you can rely on.
8. Santana Moss - Age slowing him down brings him to this point. He's a shell of his former self but he's not done.
9. Desean Jackson - I've seen enough. 1 trick pony, always has been, easy to take out of the game, and short arms everything unless he runs a straight go.

Quote:

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 12-24-2011 at 10:54 PM.
Old 12-25-2011, 09:29 AM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
New Rankings:

6. Laurent Robinson - This guy has always been talented, for those that followed his career, injuries are what plauges him. He's not a #1 guy but a very good #2 with a nice skill set of size and skill. He runs really good routes, has a great feel for the WR position also; how to break down in and out of his routes, knowing the soft spots in the zone instead of running full speed everywhere, great ball skills.

I hope we lock him up long term and I expect us to with a decent contract. He's only 26 and finally putting it all together. I like the variety and arsenal of his game, he doesn't just rely on speed and the deep ball, or his size for the underneath stuff, he is very well rounded in all areas.

Remaining:

7. Mario Manningham - Also very productive, and a play-maker. More of a cog you fit into a system then someone you can rely on.
8. Santana Moss - Age slowing him down brings him to this point. He's a shell of his former self but he's not done.
9. Desean Jackson - I've seen enough. 1 trick pony, always has been, easy to take out of the game, and short arms everything unless he runs a straight go.
Miles Austin at two is pretty damn pathetic, but what makes it worse is Desean at 9 when you have a no-name, has-been and never-was in front of him.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 12:01 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
Miles Austin at two is pretty damn pathetic, but what makes it worse is Desean at 9 when you have a no-name, has-been and never-was in front of him.
umadbro?

But your right, the way Desean has played this year what am I thinking. I'm probably just a homer.

Quote:
Old 12-27-2011, 08:48 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I'm a big Robinson fan. The guy can ball. Sometimes he's out there, and I can't tell the difference btw him and Austin. They're built the same, they look the same, and they run the same way. That was a great pick up.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Dez had more targets, this wouldn't even be a contest. Tony doesn't throw him the ball, even when he's open. Right now he's the best decoy in the NFL and it's not even close.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:09 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
If Dez had more targets, this wouldn't even be a contest. Tony doesn't throw him the ball, even when he's open. Right now he's the best decoy in the NFL and it's not even close.
I agree with this. People need to remember two things:.

1. Dez hasn't played a lot of football over the past 3 years, and WR is arguable the hardest position to adjust to at the NFL level. He got suspended his last year at OK State because of the BS with Deion, He got a high ankle sprain in the start of training camp last year, then broke his ankle in week 12. Then there was the lock out. I really look for Dez to take the next step this off-season.

2. With Miles, Witten, and now Robinson on this offense, not to mention Murray before he got hurt and Felix Jones, it's not like Dez gets 90% of targets like other guys do on teams with no other weapons.

Dez is an animal, and I expect him to really explode next season.

On a side note, there is no way we are going to be able to keep Robinson because he is going to demand decent #2 WR money, and that would make Dez the 3rd highest paid WR on the team. Couple that with the fact that Dez just switched agents to Drew Rosenhaus... and that doesn't bode well there.

Robinson was a great bang for your buck pick up, but I highly down we end up keeping him. *sigh* oh well.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'm not knocking Dez here but don't give me that garbage that he hasn't played much in the last 3 years. Victor Cuz is putting up monster numbers and has played a similar amount of time to Bryant. You can make an easy argument that Cruz was less prepared to play at this level than Dez.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-27-2011, 02:22 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not knocking Dez here but don't give me that garbage that he hasn't played much in the last 3 years. Victor Cuz is putting up monster numbers and has played a similar amount of time to Bryant. You can make an easy argument that Cruz was less prepared to play at this level than Dez.
Yeah but I mean cruz played 4 full years of college ball. Granted it was at UMass, but it's still football.

Look, I live in the tri-state area. I live in Connecticut and go school here, so I hear it from a lot of Giants fans. I like cruz, but people need to get real here. He's had a great season and surprised a lot of people, but there are still atleast 12 WR's i'd take over him if I had to make up a team and play a game tomorrow. Cruz is a great story and I like him, but he doesn't deserve to wash Dez Bryant's jock strap. I don't care what stats say at all.

Just to prove my point, here are WR's I would take over Cruz to play a game tomorrow that are pretty unarguable (assuming everyone is healthy):

Andre and Calvin Johnson, Fitz, Dez, Miles, Nicks, Jennings, Marshall, Steve SMith (panthers), Welker, Boldin, Roddy White, Vincent Jackson, Kenny Britt and Dwayne Bowe.

So that's what, 15? You could probably make an argument for more guys as well. I like Cruz, and Giants fans don't need to get all pissed, but the guy has just made some ridiculously lucky stat padding plays that just don't keep happening over the course of a season.

Living in the Northeast where people overreact over any little thing and every giants fan acts like Cruz is the next Jerry Rice just gets damn annoying lol.

I know BBD loves Dez, I think he will agree with me on this one. To each his own though, I do respect Cruz. He's obviously going to make terence newman/orlando scandrick his girlfriend on sunday night.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The difference between Cruz and Dez is in the head. Also Victor only really actually played 2 years in UMass. He was a fifth year senior but his first two years after redshirting, he had 1 catch total.

Dez is a freak. But he needs to get better. No way you can put him above Cruz right now. Dez hasn't come close to that production yet. The only thing he's better at right now than Cruz is combine numbers and salary.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I wasn't comparing the two in the first place. I also never said I would take Cruz above any of those WR's so I don't know where that came from. He absolutely has to put up numbers like these for more than 1 year to be considered in the top echelon of WR's but you can't take away what he's done this year. He should hear his name called for the Pro Bowl tonight.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-27-2011, 02:51 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
New Rankings:

Remaining:

Given your obvious hard-on for Desean, surprised you even had him this high.
mellojello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:58 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

First off, if any Philly fans want to actually rank Desean then by all means. You guys act like you suck if your not in the top 5-6 WR's in this division. Manningham is a better WR then Desean, he's just not as fast running in a straight line. That's not enough to be ranked higher. He's not even close to top 6. He falls in line somewhere after that, with Manningham and Santana Moss.

I don't really need to see a repeat performance from Cruz, he's a stud. Sure you'd like to see guys repeat, but that doesn't mean he's not playing at a level above everyone else right now.

That is true for Dez, his targets compared to some other guys are ridiculously low. His TD totals for the amount of looks is even more impressive. But he's got to take some of that blame too. Mentally when it all clicks he'll be impossible to stop, right now he's using more athleticism then anything. I do notice that when any other QB but Romo comes in they just throw it up to Dez and give him chances Romo won't.

But, I wasn't making my rankings off of purely numbers though. I think Cruz is the best route runner in the division by a pretty good margin actually and his versatility is lethal.

Quote:
Old 12-27-2011, 04:25 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Desean blows.
D needs to hop off Dez's dick. He went from most talented to best decoy. Ok, how many more excuses are you gonna give him. You can't slob his knob when he isn't producing at an elite and consistent level.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote