Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

View Poll Results: Who's the best WR?
DeSean Jackson, Eagles 67 72.04%
Miles Austin, Cowboys 15 16.13%
Steve Smith, Giants 6 6.45%
Santana Moss, Redskins 1 1.08%
Mario Manningham, Giants 3 3.23%
Other 1 1.08%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-25-2009, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
You really love to use the words "deceptive speed" don't you? LOL. That's a deceptive adjective to avoid admitting his weakness. ;)
To me deceptive speed just means a player isn't a burner but has enough speed to beat teams deep like TO, plax, Bowe and Nicks. Speed is no weakness for any of them, but it's not exactly their calling card either.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 08:59 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
I wish the 2008 forum threads from the draft board were still around. I hadn't been on the nuts of a prospect like I was on D-Jackson in awhile.
I remember that very well, kudos to that. Most were talking about his size, and how he's not very complete, but I do remember very well you sig quoting how he'd end up being a beast and you were 100% correct on that note.

I used to like his running mate Lavelle Hawkins also, felt like if he had went to a passing team instead of the Titans he could of been very solid like a Jason Avant type player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 09:09 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy96 View Post
Id like to see a guy put up big numbers vs a good defense before id say hes anything more than a #2 WR.

@KC, ATL, SEA - 21 rec 482 yds 5 TDs

@Phi,@GB, WAS - 9 rec 116 yds 1 TD

He was shutout for over 3 quarters vs both the Eagles and Packers. He was shutout til the last play of the 3rd quarter vs the Redskins.

Ill give Austin some credit when he steps up vs talent.
Washington and Green Bay have great defenses now? That's news to me. Had he blown up vs them people would of still said "yea well do it vs a team that has some talent!!!

And who cares if he was shut out for 3 and a half quarters, or 3 and a third quarters, now his stats don't count because they happened in the 4th quarter? Oh ok.

Are we doing the same for Desean Jackson? He has at least 5 games of 3 or less catches, against Wash, Dal, NYG, TB, and Car. At least 4 of those are formidable defenses, so are we not counting those?

Who do you consider "talent"? Again your stating your case like Austin is a seasoned veteran. Your going to get ups and downs, highs and lows, how is he any different? If he didn't have some of those bad games he would of been on pace for like 14 TD's or something very unrealistic, if he was putting up 100 yards and a TD every week he would be one of the best WR's in the league which he obviously isn't.

If you want to look at his entire body of work over the course of a 16 game season that's fine, but I keep seeing ticky tack reasons to discredit his stats, like if he doesn't have a catch through 3 quarters what he does in the 4th quarter doesn't count for some reason. That's totally irrelevant.

Quote:
Old 11-25-2009, 10:41 PM    (permalink
BleedBurgundy96
Rookie

BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Washington and Green Bay have great defenses now? That's news to me. Had he blown up vs them people would of still said "yea well do it vs a team that has some talent!!!
Heres your breaking news lesson.....

Pass Defense Ranks
Seattle 23rd Kansas City 28th Atlanta 29th

Washington 1st Green Bay 7th Philadelphia 9th

If Austin would of blown up vs. any of those 3 teams I would of gave him credit. He hasnt done it vs a defense that is good. Until he starts doing it week to week then ill say hes becoming a top WR.

Quote:
And who cares if he was shut out for 3 and a half quarters, or 3 and a third quarters, now his stats don't count because they happened in the 4th quarter? Oh ok.
Usually top WRs dont get shut out for over 3 quarters in 3 straight games. Honestly I cant remember that last time ive seen it. Its pretty bad IMO. He didnt really tear it up in the 4th quarters of those games either. At least not enough to forget him being shutout for as long as he was in each game.

The Cowboys have alot of talent. Im not a Redskin fan who hates on any Cowboy player. I just havent seen anything from Austin that shows me he is a #1 WR.
BleedBurgundy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 04:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Austin just burnt Asomoagh bad. Just sayin'.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 04:24 PM    (permalink
BleedBurgundy96
Rookie

BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.

That was a insane catch and run by Austin over NA for 49 yards.

Now that play really showed me something.
Old 11-26-2009, 04:26 PM    (permalink
BleedBurgundy96
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Austin just burnt Asomoagh bad. Just sayin'.
Yeah that was nice. Thats what id have to see before I can hype a player. He took on one of the best CBs in the game and beat him bad.
Old 11-26-2009, 04:41 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In fairness...that was blown coverage by the Raiders. Aso was expecting help but they followed Bennett. Bennett actually worked as a distraction for a change.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 05:01 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Actually im shocked its only 34/41 Jackson.

I honestly dont understand why you voted for Austin. What has he shown you that makes you think hes the best WR in the NFC East?
Outstanding physical ability, upside and playmaking ability.

DeSean Jackson is and always will be one of the smallest players in the league. He doesn't fit with most conventional offenses.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 05:04 PM    (permalink
BleedBurgundy96
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Outstanding physical ability, upside and playmaking ability.
I just wanted to know. You didnt really explain it before.

I think he has those things I just want to see them vs better compo. The 49 yder on NA was a nice start.
Old 11-26-2009, 05:44 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Miles Austin a lot. He's got talent and more importantly a big heart.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate Miles Austin and his stupid horse teeth smile, so irritating the way he acts like he just won the lottery with every touchdown, flailing his arms around like a ******** bird and ****, wipe the dumb *** smirk off your face and quit acting like an idiot please. I am really starting to hate Miles Austin with a passion.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 06:13 PM    (permalink
BleedBurgundy96
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
I like Miles Austin a lot. He's got talent and more importantly a big heart.
Yeah hes really showing me something today. Hes having a huge day on the big stage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I hate Miles Austin and his stupid horse teeth smile, so irritating the way he acts like he just won the lottery with every touchdown, flailing his arms around like a ******** bird and ****, wipe the dumb *** smirk off your face and quit acting like an idiot please. I am really starting to hate Miles Austin with a passion.
This is funny as ****. Nice post.
Old 11-26-2009, 06:14 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
At least he doesn't flail his arms before the goal-line and miss.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 06:15 PM    (permalink
BleedBurgundy96
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
At least he doesn't flail his arms before the goal-line and miss.
Dude I just spit my water all over my PC after reading that. JFC thats funny.
Old 11-26-2009, 07:10 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have no problems with him, let the guy be happy. Just because he celebrates doesn't mean he's an asshole.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 08:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's hater right there. It's not a cocky smile. It's a happy smile. He's genuinely smiling. Not like he's taunting or displaying "swag". You're reading him all wrong.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 08:54 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Miles is an UDFA so every time he scores he is literally winning the lottery.
Old 11-26-2009, 11:26 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DeSean over Austin? ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 11:44 PM    (permalink
BleedBurgundy96
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
DeSean over Austin? ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!
Right now id say DeSean is better.

Austin made some nice plays in a big stage game. I give him credit.

I still need to see more from Austin though before id say hes better than DeSean Jackson.

I will say Austin is better than any other WR not named DeSean Jackson in the NFC East.
Old 11-26-2009, 11:56 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Right now id say DeSean is better.

Austin made some nice plays in a big stage game. I give him credit.

I still need to see more from Austin though before id say hes better than DeSean Jackson.

I will say Austin is better than any other WR not named DeSean Jackson in the NFC East.
I love DeSean but let us be real, he can't run certain routes that Miles can and Miles can take it to the house with his legs on a short pass or by running past a guy and catching a post. DeSean does have better hands though but ehhhh not that much better.

Put Miles Austin in the WCO and he has 100 catches and 1500 yards. DeSean is not that type of WR -- he is a small explosive guy who can be taken out of games with physicality. DeSean is better served catching 50-60 passes and making big plays and saying healthy.

Only reason this is a debate is DeSean was loved by CFB fannies for years and he has played so well that folks over value what he does in context to the Philly system. Miles Austin still does not get respect because he has played for a mildly ******** OC, was an UDFA, and they still go through contortions to tell us Roy Williams is still the #1.

If Miles Austin was drafted in the second round 4 years ago, he would have been a starter 3 years ago and an All-Pro by last year. But he was UDFA so folks dissed his skills and was doubted.

A UDFA can out play, out practice a First Rounder and GMs and Coaches still go out of their way to help along the First Rounder. Miles should have started 3 years ago on that team but when you are so invested in TO, Williams, Stanback, Crayton .......

Hell they got a guy Hurd who is already better than Crayton but he is UDFA so ....

Last edited by herniateddisc : 11-27-2009 at 12:05 AM.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 02:23 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Then you wonder why people call you a hater, this is a stupid ass post. He's an UDFA, happy as hell to be playing and happy as hell everytime he makes a play. Yea, way to hate a guy who just loves to play football. Your probably the next person who goes on my ignore list, you take homerism to new heights.

Quote:
Old 11-27-2009, 03:25 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Then you wonder why people call you a hater, this is a stupid ass post. He's an UDFA, happy as hell to be playing and happy as hell everytime he makes a play. Yea, way to hate a guy who just loves to play football. Your probably the next person who goes on my ignore list, you take homerism to new heights.
First time I've been called a hater, your really the first and when D-Unit said my post was hateful I wasn't really wondering why, because it was. And, diligaf if I go on your ignore list? Go for it because ignoring me on a message board doesn't really bother me. I'll tell you what, since you can't grasp the tongue in cheek nature of my post which leads me to believe you won't be able to completely comprehend anything I post especially here on the NFC East board, I'll beat you to the punch; LL welcome to my ignore list.

Also to refute your homer point, I don't even know what you're talking about I even said I was surprised this poll was such a blowout, I even asked where the supporters of Steve Smith and Miles Austin were. And quite frankly if I'm a homer for thinking DeSean Jackson is the best receiver and not Miles Austin then you are clearly just upset that I am not siding with you and your biased opinion. A case can be made for each receiver in this poll and quite frankly it is so even (or at least IMO it is) that each different fan has a plausible reason for siding with the receiver from their respective teams and they wouldn't be homers for thinking it.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 03:58 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
And quite frankly if I'm a homer for thinking DeSean Jackson is the best receiver and not Miles Austin then you are clearly just upset that I am not siding with you and your biased opinion.

Quote:
Yes DeSean is clearly the best WR in the division and I've stated that over and over

Reading is fun isn't it?

But I guess when your just a raging homer you don't really take the time to actually read post do you? You would just rather look ignorant and go into rants about how your not a homer when all it does is make you look worse.

Quote:
Old 11-27-2009, 06:06 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
Miles Austin still does not get respect because he has played for a mildly ******** OC
And the Marty Mornhinweg/Andy Reid combo is just so much better.

Whoo, baby, Miles Austin toasted the Raiders. Championship.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote