Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

View Poll Results: Who's the best WR?
DeSean Jackson, Eagles 67 72.04%
Miles Austin, Cowboys 15 16.13%
Steve Smith, Giants 6 6.45%
Santana Moss, Redskins 1 1.08%
Mario Manningham, Giants 3 3.23%
Other 1 1.08%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2011, 02:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,830
Reputation: 2545615
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
No because Andre Johnson has both the physical attributes and the history of consistent production. Dez doesn't have anything but the physical attributes yet. And Nicks isn't as consistent, as I would have hoped for him to be this year. Too many drops.

You just like to debate for the sake of debating and it just goes around in circles.
Well debating is fun and this is a sports forum. Get off your high horse. I'm trying to point out that this entire discussion is based of varying definitions of what is "best".

Right now I think the player who has the most put together is Miles Austin (when healthy). The most talented is Dez. The best deep threat is Desean . The best possession receiver is Nicks (even with the drops). The best slot is Cruz. The definition of best differs, but all of that is irregardless of stats. Stats are too much determined by outside factors.

I like to picture best as taking the player and being able to put him on any other team and thinking who would provide the biggest impact towards winning. Looking at the player alone... his talents, skills, abilities... and importance to the team.

That's why I would never rank Cruz #1 because he's a slot and the importance of the position is not generally the same as the importance of a wide out.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 23,303
Reputation: 487699
Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
That's why I would never rank Cruz #1 because he's a slot and the importance of the position is not generally the same as the importance of a wide out.
He's not only a slot. I think his versatility is what makes him so great. In our complicated offense he's pretty much figured out all the WR positions.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 03:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 29,447
Reputation: 4397441
bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Yeah Cruz is just as good on the outside as he is on the inside. If not more.

Cruz isn't just a slot WR. He can play X Y and Z.
__________________
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 03:38 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,598
Reputation: 20311
superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
LOL... Zzzzzzzz

Vick can't smell Romo's jockstrap. But anyway...
I never mentioned Vick, but its funny how you did. Don't be too insecure because you're QB isn't all that talented.

As far as running back goes, it's obviously McCoy, but bradshaw over Murray? That's up for serious debate. DeMarco is a stop. Felix sucks, but give respect where respect is due with DeMarco. He is a better back than Bradshaw. And the same argument can't be made about him being a one year wonder or something, because he was one of the most productive backs in NCAA history to go along with some legit talent and physical tools. His only knock is injuries, even though thats wrong because he missed all of 2 and a half games at OU.

But again, Vick over Romo? lol, in what? Piloting a perennial .500 team? Got him there.....
If you really want to get into the argument of Vick vs Romo, we can. Please note, that I did not start the argument.
In terms of NFCE RBs, Murray was good for a couple games, but its a shame he got hurt. Hard to make an argument for him over Bradshaw with a broken ankle.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 04:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,830
Reputation: 2545615
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
He's not only a slot. I think his versatility is what makes him so great. In our complicated offense he's pretty much figured out all the WR positions.
Yeah, but he's not the best wide out. He could beat out the other slots. But hell, if you wanted to play that game, Miles Austin plays slot at times too. More last year when we had Roy, but still... his versatility is there too, and I would take Austin in the slot before Cruz, simply because Austin is stronger and can break tackle more easily. So I don't know if you did yourself a favor by saying Cruz has versatility because Austin trumps him.

...and it's not just Nicks with the drops. You guys seem to be ignoring all of the drops Cruz has had.

http://www.bigblueview.com/2011/12/1...dropped-passes

As of Dec 14...

"Cruz has 10 drops this season, and only Greg Little of Cleveland (14), Roddy White of Atlanta (12) and Brandon Marshall of Miami (12) have more among wide receivers. White has been targeted 136 times and Marshall 112. Little has 14 drops in just 96 targets."

Last edited by D-Unit : 12-28-2011 at 04:09 PM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 23,303
Reputation: 487699
Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Interesting. I'd like to see the tape of all those drops and the degree of difficulty. Maybe Nicks' drops are just so much more obvious. In the last two games he dropped a 60 yard TD and had one go off his hands inside our own 20 that turned into an INT and a subsequent TD. Nicks' drops basically took us completely out of the Washington game.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Jersey
Posts: 31,039
Reputation: 2810967
Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I don't think anyone was arguing Cruz over Austin either. In fact I think they are very similar layers and their stories are also very similar coming out of NJ undrafted and such.
__________________
#Chop


sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 05:49 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,067
Reputation: 79506
CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
In terms of NFCE RBs, Murray was good for a couple games, but its a shame he got hurt. Hard to make an argument for him over Bradshaw with a broken ankle.
Romo isn't a very talented QB? LOL. The dude was second in voting for Mr. Wisconsin in basketball in high school to Caron Butler... an NBA all star. He was also 3 strokes away from qualifying for the US in golf.... Really? Not talented? Have you seen some of the sacks Romo has avoided over the years? He's been sacked less than Vick in his career lol. Vick runs a 4.45 40 as a QB... cool story bro? Please, please think before you post. It might help..

As for Cruz being the most "clutch," there really isn't a way to determine that as a WR but Dez can make an argument for the "most clutch receiver" title. He won both redskins games with beautiful mid-route adjustments so Romo could get him the ball, and for all intents and purposes should've won the cardinals came with a great catch in between double coverage by patrick peterson and a safety, but of course we didn't call a time out and everyone knows what happened next.

Miles isn't a slouch in crunch time either, he arguably saved our season in 2009 with that other worldly game against the chiefs, and stepped up big against the saints when they were 13-0.

I'm not trying to be a homer at all here, just giving some facts about Miles and Dez.

EDIT: Yeah, Romo isn't talented.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5bAIc5DLRk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjplYy_zT0Y

Lol you mad bro?

Last edited by CDCB14 : 12-28-2011 at 05:53 PM.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 05:54 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,067
Reputation: 79506
CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Yeah, but he's not the best wide out. He could beat out the other slots. But hell, if you wanted to play that game, Miles Austin plays slot at times too. More last year when we had Roy, but still... his versatility is there too, and I would take Austin in the slot before Cruz, simply because Austin is stronger and can break tackle more easily. So I don't know if you did yourself a favor by saying Cruz has versatility because Austin trumps him.

...and it's not just Nicks with the drops. You guys seem to be ignoring all of the drops Cruz has had.

http://www.bigblueview.com/2011/12/1...dropped-passes

As of Dec 14...

"Cruz has 10 drops this season, and only Greg Little of Cleveland (14), Roddy White of Atlanta (12) and Brandon Marshall of Miami (12) have more among wide receivers. White has been targeted 136 times and Marshall 112. Little has 14 drops in just 96 targets."
I was about to say, Cruz has a knack for putting the ball on the ground as well, whether it be drops or fumbles.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 06:37 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Stalking Brian Leonard and Raymell Rice
Posts: 24,660
Reputation: 4323141
scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

saying vick is a better QB than Romo is just silly. the debate would be between Eli and Romo, which could get ugly. and naturally, I take Eli
__________________
We ALL bleed scarlet
New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 06:46 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: In the Northwest
Posts: 9,302
Reputation: 1126126
SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Romo isn't a very talented QB? LOL. The dude was second in voting for Mr. Wisconsin in basketball in high school to Caron Butler... an NBA all star. He was also 3 strokes away from qualifying for the US in golf.... Really? Not talented? Have you seen some of the sacks Romo has avoided over the years? He's been sacked less than Vick in his career lol. Vick runs a 4.45 40 as a QB... cool story bro? Please, please think before you post. It might help..
No one gives a **** if he can play basketball or golf, he cant win games that ******* matter...hes a walking heart attack.
__________________



Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:11 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 20,913
Reputation: 2009538
LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Man come on, some of you need to get off the gas. Of course Romo shits the bed at the worst times quite a bit, but he's a very good, talented QB that most teams would love to have. Just like when we blew the lead vs the Giants a few weeks ago, 21/31, 67%, 320 yards, 4 TD's, 0 INT, still lose due to the terrible team he plays for. But yea, HE can't win games that matter though, smh.


But yea, let's all play the overreact games and say things like he's not talented so we all know who to ignore in any discussion worth a damn. I forgot not everyone can talk about opposing in division players objectively because being annoying is certainly more cool.
__________________





Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:16 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: In the Northwest
Posts: 9,302
Reputation: 1126126
SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Man come on, some of you need to get off the gas. Of course Romo shits the bed at the worst times quite a bit, but he's a very good, talented QB that most teams would love to have. Just like when we blew the lead vs the Giants a few weeks ago, 21/31, 67%, 320 yards, 4 TD's, 0 INT, still lose due to the terrible team he plays for. But yea, HE can't win games that matter though, smh.


But yea, let's all play the overreact games and say things like he's not talented so we all know who to ignore in any discussion worth a damn. I forgot not everyone can talk about opposing in division players objectively because being annoying is certainly more cool.
The guy is talented but no one gives a **** if he can golf or play basketball for cryin out loud. Using that as a basis is just ridiculous.

On the topic though, as of right now the best finished product is Miles Austin. When healthy he is real consistent and has the explosiveness as well. I really like Hakeem Nicks, though...and If he lives up to his potential watch out.
__________________



Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:42 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,067
Reputation: 79506
CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
No one gives a **** if he can play basketball or golf, he cant win games that ******* matter...hes a walking heart attack.
You use this as a basis for your argument, but that is ridiculously hypocritical because WHAT BIG GAME HAS VICK EVER WON? EVER?

He is 2-4 in the playoffs and has a career .500 record... If anything, this season makes he look even worse because he started off 1-4 with a team way more "talented" than Romo has ever had.

You can say Romo is terrible in big games all you want (which isn't really true at all but all non cowboys fans will always think that), but the fact of the matter is Vick is no better in big games, if not worse. 2-4 In the playoffs all time? That pick he threw last year against the packers to LOSE in the playoffs... are you kidding me? He gets a pass, but if Romo throws that pass he'd get blasted in the media all off-season.

And don't even give me the BS excuse that "it wasn't Vick's fault they lost that game" because he can say that for about ever loss the cowboys have had with Romo. In all of his playoff games he played fine, the losses weren't all of his fault. This year, were the 3 double digit 4th quarter leads blown by the defense, when HE PUT THE TEAM IN POSITION TO WIN his fault? HELL NO.

To be honest, I'm sick an tired of it. Romo is a beast. He's a class act. He takes in on the chin. Michael Vick is a b*tch ass mother ******. Sorry that Romo played for the cowboys and bangs super models so everyone hates him. He's a quality NFL quarterback and a class act who cares about his business the right way. He doesn't pout about not getting flags for late hits. In fact, Romo is actually the least flagged QB for roughing the passer in the entire league since he became the starter in '06. THE ENTIRE LEAGUE. I would post the link with the article but I don't feel like going to look for it. It's some where on this board.

The bottom line is this: Bull crap ESPN perception is the only reason Vick is mentioned in the same sentence as Romo. People see Vick make a nice run and call him God, and everyone hates Romo because he's a cowboy and say he chokes, when choosing who is the better QB isn't really even a contest. It's Romo. The dude went back in the game with a punctured lung on the road down 10 in the 4th quarter against a top 3 defense in football and won. I'm sorry but enough is enough. Maybe some day people will finally give him respect. Michael Vick is a joke. I hope I see him in person one day so I can say that to his face. I'd love to see what he would do about it.

It's too bad last sunday didn't mean something, because I would have loved to watch Romo come back in with his throwing hand the size of a soft ball and bring his team back. Because we both know he would've put up more than 20 points....

I usually don't post like this, and I apologize to everyone else, but the injustice in criticism Romo receives is starting to get old.

Last edited by CDCB14 : 12-28-2011 at 07:47 PM.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:44 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Stalking Brian Leonard and Raymell Rice
Posts: 24,660
Reputation: 4323141
scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Eli>Romo>Vick>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rexy

unless the redskins are playing the giants, then rexy is at the top
__________________
We ALL bleed scarlet
New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 23,303
Reputation: 487699
Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Eli>Romo>Vick>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rexy

unless the redskins are playing the giants, then rexy is at the top
I actually think Rex is better than people give him credit for. I think he's better than Sanchez.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 08:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,830
Reputation: 2545615
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I'd take Vick over Romo and Eli. I think Eli is the best when he is on (which is still inconsistent), but I can't stand him as a person. He's so irritating to look at and does he have a short tongue or something? Dumb crybaby face.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 08:33 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: In the Northwest
Posts: 9,302
Reputation: 1126126
SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post

It's too bad last sunday didn't mean something, because I would have loved to watch Romo come back in with his throwing hand the size of a soft ball and bring his team back. Because we both know he would've put up more than 20 points....
You're like a 3rd grade girl. I didnt mention Vick one time in my post, so you really just sound ridiculous.

But this quote is the dumbest thing about it...what did you guys put up in the first game? Like a whopping 7 points? So what the **** is your basis of that argument? 18-35 for 203 1 td and a pick is something that you were really missing from the first game? What a joke.

And yes, I think he is a bad QB because he bangs super models...once again...another argument you would expect from a 3rd grade girl.
__________________



Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 09:17 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,067
Reputation: 79506
CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
You're like a 3rd grade girl. I didnt mention Vick one time in my post, so you really just sound ridiculous.

But this quote is the dumbest thing about it...what did you guys put up in the first game? Like a whopping 7 points? So what the **** is your basis of that argument? 18-35 for 203 1 td and a pick is something that you were really missing from the first game? What a joke.

And yes, I think he is a bad QB because he bangs super models...once again...another argument you would expect from a 3rd grade girl.
Steven McGee put up 7 points lol. The first game was just one of those nights. I highly doubt it would've happened again. But who cares, that is meaningless now.

On to the real point. Back your point up. How is Vick any better in "big" games than Romo? How at all? Show me one piece of factual evidence and I will tell you that you are right..

To bad there is none. It's funny, because if Romo had the EXACT same body of work for a team like the Jaguars, he would be considered elite with nobody around him. But since he's a cowboy, he's terrible and sucks in big games. LOL give me a break.

Again, give me one piece of evidence that Vick is better than Romo in big games, or at all for that matter. There isn't any.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 09:25 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: In the Northwest
Posts: 9,302
Reputation: 1126126
SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Steven McGee put up 7 points lol. The first game was just one of those nights. I highly doubt it would've happened again. But who cares, that is meaningless now.

On to the real point. Back your point up. How is Vick any better in "big" games than Romo? How at all? Show me one piece of factual evidence and I will tell you that you are right..

To bad there is none. It's funny, because if Romo had the EXACT same body of work for a team like the Jaguars, he would be considered elite with nobody around him. But since he's a cowboy, he's terrible and sucks in big games. LOL give me a break.

Again, give me one piece of evidence that Vick is better than Romo in big games, or at all for that matter. There isn't any.
I still havent mentioned one word about Vick being a better QB in the last 2 posts Ive made so you're still just being a little girl about me saying Romo isnt a good big game QB.

"OMGZ he said Romo sucks! BUT BUT BUT!!! he bangs super models and won with a punctured lung!"

Thats all Ive gotten out of your posts.
__________________



Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 09:32 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,067
Reputation: 79506
CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
I still havent mentioned one word about Vick being a better QB in the last 2 posts Ive made so you're still just being a little girl about me saying Romo isnt a good big game QB.

"OMGZ he said Romo sucks! BUT BUT BUT!!! he bangs super models and won with a punctured lung!"

Thats all Ive gotten out of your posts.
Ok then, that's settled. Your not the one who said Romo is awful with nothing to back it up, so I apologize.

But anyone who has decent football knowledge and isn't a blind romo hater or an eagles fan knows that Romo is the superior QB. That's all I am saying.

Will we probably lose to the Giants this weekend and join eagles fans watching the playoffs at home? Most likely, so I don't really have an argument there lol. But I bet it will be more of the defense's fault than Romo's.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:14 AM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,598
Reputation: 20311
superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Romo isn't a very talented QB? LOL.
Earth shattering revelation, I know.

Quote:
The dude was second in voting for Mr. Wisconsin in basketball in high school
I heard he banged the prom queen in high school too! Seriously, no one cares.

Quote:
to Caron Butler... an NBA all star.
Are you listing Romo's accomplishments or Butler's?

Quote:
He was also 3 strokes away from qualifying for the US in golf..
Golf is more of a hobby anyway.

Quote:
Really?
For real.

Quote:
Not talented?
After further consideration.....yep, he's still not all that talented.

Quote:
Have you seen some of the sacks Romo has avoided over the years?
Indeed, I have, but I have also seen some of the sacks he hasn't avoided over the years.

Quote:
He's been sacked less than Vick in his career lol.
Is this supposed to phase me?

Quote:
Vick runs a 4.45 40 as a QB...
He is fast, but I didn't know he was still that fast.

Quote:
cool story bro?
It was your story.

Quote:
Please, please think before you post.
Duly noted.

Quote:
It might help..
I'd hope so.


I'm not gonna waste my time watching those videos. Its precious time I will never be able to get back. Instead, I'll waste it arguing with you.

Quote:
Lol you mad bro?
Not nearly as mad as you are, bro.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:12 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,067
Reputation: 79506
CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
Not nearly as mad as you are, bro.
That clearly isn't the case, because I'm not the fan of a team who just signed Vick to a $100 Million contract. A perennial losing QB who is arguably one of the most overrated and overhyped players in NFL history.

NOW THAT SUCKS! Need a tissue?
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:44 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 23,303
Reputation: 487699
Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I'd take Vick over Romo and Eli. I think Eli is the best when he is on (which is still inconsistent), but I can't stand him as a person. He's so irritating to look at and does he have a short tongue or something? Dumb crybaby face.
How do you feel about Vick as a person? Cause it seems the only reason you have Vick higher is because you can't stand Eli as a person. That's the only logical reason you've given.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:36 AM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,598
Reputation: 20311
superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
That clearly isn't the case,
I beg to differ.

Quote:
because I'm not the fan of a team who just signed Vick to a $100 Million contract.
That is indeed a lot of money, but obviously the front office thought he deserved it.

Quote:
A perennial losing QB
You're correct, he has not one a superbowl. But neither has Romo. Or Marino. Or Jim Kelly. I'm going to assume they're perennial losers as well.

Quote:
who is arguably one of the most overrated and overhyped players in NFL history.
We COULD argue this, but it'd be a waste of time. The way I see it, when talking about Michael Vick's career, there are two Michael Vicks. Atlanta Falcons Michael Vick was an erratic passer, but got by on supreme athleticism. Michael Vick under Reid is a much, much different quarterback.

Quote:
NOW THAT SUCKS!
Going 0-2 against the Eagles "sucks". I mean according to you, the Eagles are lead by a perennial losing QB, so its funny how we swept the Cowboys this year.

Quote:
Need a tissue?
Yes, Kleenex, not bargain brand. "THAS MAH QUWARTERBACK!!"
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.