Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

View Poll Results: Who's the best WR?
DeSean Jackson, Eagles 67 72.04%
Miles Austin, Cowboys 15 16.13%
Steve Smith, Giants 6 6.45%
Santana Moss, Redskins 1 1.08%
Mario Manningham, Giants 3 3.23%
Other 1 1.08%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-29-2011, 08:58 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If your going to be a child and answer like that, then fine. The bottom line is vick is never going to win anything. Romo has a chance to. Vick can't win lol. He's the Tracy McGrady of the NFL.

He'll enjoy a sports center top ten play ever week, while he pilots his team to an 8-8 record every year.

And please, you beat a stephen mcgee led team by 13 in a game that didn't matter, hardly a dominating sweep. The first game got out of hand, it happens in the NFL. What happened in the last 2 games of '09?

If you genuinely think Vick is a good QB and are happy he is on your team, then suit yourself.

EDIT: Vick has led a team to one 11-5 record in his career, and one 10-6 record in his career. In 8 seasons starting, 6 with the falcons 2 with the eagles, he has only had 10 wins or more twice. 4 of those 8 were losing season. In not even 5 seasons, Romo has gone 9-7, 13-3, 9-7, 11-5, got hurt last year in week 6, and has his team 8-7 right now. Also, in 2008 he broke his finger and was out for 4 games, of which he team when 1-3. Romo has 1 playoff win, Vick has 2. There really is no argument.

Romo has a better career winning percentage, a better TD/INT ratio, and has fumbles almost half as much. Put Vick on the cowboys his whole career and romo in atlanta and the perception would be the exact opposite. It's a joke.

Last edited by CDCB14 : 12-29-2011 at 09:05 AM.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:10 AM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
If your going to be a child and answer like that, then fine.
I am going to answer like that.

Quote:
The bottom line is vick is never going to win anything.
Since you have a crystal ball, can you predict my future as well?

Quote:
Romo has a chance to.
Make the playoffs first.

Quote:
Vick can't win lol.
Win games or the superbowl? He's won plenty of games, but unfortunately he hasn't won a SB. Once again, were Marino and Kelly losers because they never won the SB?

Quote:
He's the Tracy McGrady of the NFL.
Ouch?

Quote:
He'll enjoy a sports center top ten play ever week, while he pilots his team to an 8-8 record every year.
Well, the Eagles were 10-6 last year and may be able to be 8-8 this year, but its hardly "every year".

Quote:
And please, you beat a stephen mcgee led team by 13 in a game that didn't matter,
Stephen McGee scored with 4 seconds left on the clock. A win is still a win.

Quote:
hardly a dominating sweep.
A sweep is a sweep, but to take my point further, we embarrassed the Cowboys and fatboy Rob Ryan both times we faced you. Say all you want about it not mattering or it being an off game, but when it comes down to it, the Cowboys got two opportunities to beat the Eagles, who are lead by an "overrated, overhyped, perennial losing, 8-8" QB. What does that say about the Cowboys?

Quote:
The first game got out of hand, it happens in the NFL. What happened in the last 2 games of '09?
I believe this is where the Cowboys won their first playoff game in quite some time and they beat the Eagles. Pretty straight forward.

Quote:
If you genuinely think Vick is a good QB and are happy he is on your team, then suit yourself.
You'd be hard pressed to find an Eagle's fan that isn't happy with Vick as the QB. Please note that these years were supposed to be rebuilding years for us, so if the front office can reload and turnout an 8-8 record, I'm fine with it. The future is still bright for this Eagles team.

Quote:
EDIT: Vick has led a team to one 11-5 record in his career, and one 10-6 record in his career.
I've said it before, but I'll say it again. In my eyes, there are different Vicks. Vick in Atlanta is much different from the Vick in Philadelphia. The one full season he had with the Eagles he went 10-6 and then this year we're looking to go 8-8. Both are not bad records.

Quote:
In 8 seasons starting, 6 with the falcons 2 with the eagles, he has only had 10 wins or more twice. 4 of those 8 were losing season.
So basically 4 of the 8 losing seasons came with the Falcons? See how these stats mean a whole lot? You're still talking about Vick as a Falcon to discredit him. Just like you talked about Romo in high school to give him credit.

Quote:
In not even 5 seasons, Romo has gone 9-7, 13-3, 9-7, 11-5, got hurt last year in week 6, and has his team 8-7 right now. Also, in 2008 he broke his finger and was out for 4 games, of which he team when 1-3.

Quote:
Romo has 1 playoff win, Vick has 2. There really is no argument
Yet, Vick is not a winner, but he still has won more playoff games than Romo. Its funny how that works.

Quote:
Romo has a better career winning percentage, a better TD/INT ratio, and has fumbles almost half as much. Put Vick on the cowboys his whole career and romo in atlanta and the perception would be the exact opposite. It's a joke.
Pure speculation on your part. No one knows what would have happened if the roles were reversed.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:15 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 to 1 in playoff wins? That is no difference lol. Even if the cowboys win this sunday and make the playoffs this year they aren't doing anything, but they do have a bright future where Romo has a decent chance to win.

I'm done with this argument. We'll see what happens, although it's probably unlikely that either QB wins a superbowl in his career. I agree with your points on Marino and Kelly. It is very hard to win a superbowl. Only 1 out of 32 teams win each year, in the league with the most parity. It's hard.

Last edited by CDCB14 : 12-29-2011 at 10:18 AM.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The one thing is that Vick isn't even close to Marino or Kelly. So he's not in the case of a great player who never won the big game. Vick is an extremely sporadically great player, who overall is just way too inconsistent and hurt to ever be in the same class as those guys.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
That's why I would never rank Cruz #1 because he's a slot and the importance of the position is not generally the same as the importance of a wide out.
Does Cruz being a better Wide out this season than Nicks not count just because he can play the slot as well? I mean if that's the rules that's cool I guess, but I don't like downgrading Cruz because he can also play a tougher position while also being one of the best outside guys in the NFC this year.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:29 AM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
2 to 1 in playoff wins?
That is the statistic, yes.

Quote:
That is no difference lol.
There is a difference and its by one game.

Quote:
Even if the cowboys win this sunday and make the playoffs this year they aren't doing anything,
I've seen crazier things happen.

Quote:
but they do have a bright future where Romo has a decent chance to win.
Yes, a 50/50 chance.

Quote:
I'm done with this argument.
Sounds good.

Quote:
We'll see what happens, although it's probably unlikely that either QB wins a superbowl in his career. I agree with your points on Marino and Kelly. It is very hard to win a superbowl. Only 1 out of 32 teams win each year, in the league with the most parity. It's hard.
Unfortunately, Eli has already accomplished this feat. Even though we may not like to say it, Eli is the best QB in this division, by a decent margin. Sad thing is, the Giants are one of two teams that I actually think could give Green Bay a run for their money.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:19 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That clearly isn't the case, because I'm not the fan of a team who just signed Vick to a $100 Million contract. A perennial losing QB who is arguably one of the most overrated and overhyped players in NFL history.
Perennial losing QB? wow...hes taken his teams to the playoffs 4 times in what is actually somewhat of a short career (8 years) due to his time off and played well enough to get them back there this year. Had the defense gotten to the form they are in now earlier in the season we wouldnt be calling him a perennial loser.

So we have a QB who has gone to the playoffs in 1 of every 2 years he's played in the NFL, and I will definitely say that those Atlanta teams that he took to the playoffs were nowhere CLOSE to these Cowboy teams that Romo has been a part of. So for you to be blabbering about how Vick is a perennial loser is very comical, when you're backing it up with just talking about how Romo is a superior Quarterback, especially when you're talking about how winning...which Romo hasn't been the best at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Perennial losing QB? wow...hes taken his teams to the playoffs 4 times in what is actually somewhat of a short career (8 years) due to his time off and played well enough to get them back there this year. Had the defense gotten to the form they are in now earlier in the season we wouldnt be calling him a perennial loser.

So we have a QB who has gone to the playoffs in 1 of every 2 years he's played in the NFL, and I will definitely say that those Atlanta teams that he took to the playoffs were nowhere CLOSE to these Cowboy teams that Romo has been a part of. So for you to be blabbering about how Vick is a perennial loser is very comical, when you're backing it up with just talking about how Romo is a superior Quarterback, especially when you're talking about how winning...which Romo hasn't been the best at.
I just typed a whole post but my computer signed me out so I don't feel like posting in as much detail.

You just posted those stats about Vick. So that's a 50% of the time chance of making the playoffs. This is Romo's 5th full season starter (missed 10 games last year, only played the second half of 2006 after Bledsoe was benched) and he's already made the playoffs 3 times. If he makes it this year by beating the Giants, that's 4 out of 5. Last time I checked, 80% is WAYYY better than 50%. Even if they lose to the giants, 3 out of 5 is still 60%.

Romo is a better winner. And lets shift this argument completely. If Romo is the eagles QB right now with that team, the eagles are probably 12-4 right now and already NFC East champions. He's be a consistent QB who would win with that team.

Romo is better than Vick. I'm done. He's more talented too. (just felt like making a ridicuously outlandish claim with no facts behind it because it's all eagles fans seem to do when defending Vick, because his body of work is average at best)
Old 12-29-2011, 03:39 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Romo is a better winner. And lets shift this argument completely. If Romo is the eagles QB right now with that team, the eagles are probably 12-4 right now and already NFC East champions. He's be a consistent QB who would win with that team.
Thats a joke if ive ever heard one. The eagles were once again one of the best offenses in football this year so what the in the hell are you talking about? The defense is the reason we aren't in the post season this year. Get a ****** clue.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:07 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I give up. Can't Vick and Romo just share the title of best WR in the NFC East?

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 12-30-2011, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vick has the best highlight video of any QB in the NFL. That means he's the best QB in the NFL.

/end discussion
Old 12-30-2011, 02:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB that I want in the clutch, Eli. QB that I want to start the game, Vick. QB I want when I'm chasing ladies, Romo.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 02:38 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awesome discussion. I was going to chime in with some WR talk but I didn't want to get things off topic or anything...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Awesome discussion. I was going to chime in with some WR talk but I didn't want to get things off topic or anything...
Yeah, Chad Hall is easily the best WR in the division anyway, so it's not really a discussion worth having.

It's like comparing Jerry Rice with any other WR ever, you just can't.
Old 12-30-2011, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Ramses Barden laughs at Chad Hall. PUP WARRIOR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
'

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41104

There you go buddy.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-02-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Vick has the best highlight video of any QB in the NFL. That means he's the best QB in the NFL.

/end discussion
he's the best athlete at the QB position, highlights < results. If he would stop taking so many hits, he would probably be a pro bowl regular.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Victor who?
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
he's the best athlete at the QB position, highlights < results. If he would stop taking so many hits, he would probably be a pro bowl regular.
It was sarcasm, thought I was pretty obvious with it haha.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:36 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
It was sarcasm, thought I was pretty obvious with it haha.
I thought you had a point there though. He could definitely be up there, he has the arm strength, athleticism, ability, but he sometimes kills himself by moving around in the pocket making these highlights.

Edit:

Another thing, Laurent Robinson. I don't know what to think of him. I really like his agility as he's running his routes, but was this season a result of being in single coverage most of the time? I might not be giving him enough credit but I feel that is a major reason why he has done so well.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:13 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think too many people focus on who's getting the stats and not enough on what defenses are doing.
mellojello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The best in the NFC east is clearly Jabar Gaffney.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:30 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
I thought you had a point there though. He could definitely be up there, he has the arm strength, athleticism, ability, but he sometimes kills himself by moving around in the pocket making these highlights.

Edit:

Another thing, Laurent Robinson. I don't know what to think of him. I really like his agility as he's running his routes, but was this season a result of being in single coverage most of the time? I might not be giving him enough credit but I feel that is a major reason why he has done so well.
Laurent Robinson is a weird case. Some of his production is obviously do to getting single coverage and being over looked with players like Miles, Dez, and Witten getting attention from opposing defenses.

On the other hand however, he has serious talent. He is a bit on the frail side, but other than that he has every physical tool you want. He's 6'2'', ran a 4.32, has perfect hands, runs perfect routes, is probably the most QB friendly WR in the league with the way he makes adjustments perfectly so Romo can get him the ball when things break down, and he can jump. The only problem with him is he was made of glass early in his career. He got hurt every other play when he was a Ram. He was a high 3rd round pick, which means he wasn't a slouch of a prospect either. He also went to Illinois State, so he was overlooked coming out of college. He's really smart too. Listen to one of his interviews with the Dallas media this year, he's not some dumb jock. He gets it.

As long as he stays healthy, he is a top notch #2 WR in the league. Unfortunately, there is almost no chance the Cowboys will be able to keep him after the season he just had.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:32 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
He's 6'2'', ran a 4.32, has perfect hands, runs perfect routes, is probably the most QB friendly WR in the league with the way he makes adjustments perfectly so Romo can get him the ball when things break down, and he can jump.
As long as he stays healthy, he is a top notch #2 WR in the league. .
How would he be a #2? He has perfect hands, runs perfect routes and makes perfect adjustments. He's 6'2" and runs a 4.3 I mean he sounds like the best WR in the world.

Quote:
Old 01-02-2012, 11:36 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
How would he be a #2? He has perfect hands, runs perfect routes and makes perfect adjustments. He's 6'2" and runs a 4.3 I mean he sounds like the best WR in the world.
He doesn't have the physical presence to be a number 1. I'm not boasting about him because he is a Cowboy. He probably just played his last game as a cowboy. They won't be able to retain him. I'm just explaining that the kid is good.

He's a good receiver. Have a good night dude.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:40 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Just ran across a stat. In 21 less career games than Vick, Romo has 4 more game winning drives and one more 4th quarter come back.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...R/RomoTo00.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...V/VickMi00.htm