Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

View Poll Results: Who's the best WR?
DeSean Jackson, Eagles 67 72.04%
Miles Austin, Cowboys 15 16.13%
Steve Smith, Giants 6 6.45%
Santana Moss, Redskins 1 1.08%
Mario Manningham, Giants 3 3.23%
Other 1 1.08%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-22-2009, 02:26 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree....I'm not disputing that, just more or less saying, it's the only thing that can't be argued.Haha, whatever...again I don't feel strongly about it to argue. I'm a fan of Austin, and think he's a legit #1, Desean looks to be that too...I just hope our secondary can stop Desean, and their secondary can't stop Austin.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 02:31 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well if were looking at the Pro Bowl, both guys should make it I believe, with Fitzgerald and Sidney Rice, at least those look like a solid top 4.

I don't know why people want to keep beating this dead horse between these two, both put up pro bowl stats, both are really good. Arguing over who runs better routes or catches better is always going to have the homer come out in people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you were starting a team right now and age was not a factor, which receiver would you take out of Jackson and Austin? I'm going Jackson 10 times out of 10.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
If you were starting a team right now and age was not a factor, which receiver would you take out of Jackson and Austin? I'm going Jackson 10 times out of 10.
Interesting take. I would go with Jackson because I could find another guy similar to Austin. Jackson's speed and deep threat ability are special. That doesn't mean I don't think Austin is more well-rounded, because he is. But if I'm looking for that Y receiver, Jackson is at the top of the list. If I'm looking for an X receiver, Jackson is way down.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Supporting Caste
Rookie

Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This really adds nothing to the argument.
Supporting Caste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Supporting Caste
Rookie

Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
You people should know that stats don't make the player. Based on ability & attributes, how would you grade them?

Size:
Speed:
Catching:
Route Running:
Physicality:
Blocking:
Austin

Size: 8.5
Speed: 9.2
Catching: 8.5
Route Running: 9.0
Physicality: 8.5
Blocking: 8.5
Elusiveness: 9.5

Jackson

Size: 6.0
Speed: 9.8
Catching: 9.0
Route Running: 9.0
Physicality: 6.0
Blocking: 7.5
Elusiveness: 10.0

This little game is fun, but it's not exactly scientific.
Supporting Caste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 10:16 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steve Smith's all like "oh hai guyz" and everyone's like "es tee ef you". you lead the NFC in receptions and your QB looks like he has downs lolz. you suck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to scottyboy again.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steve Smith is like Wes Welker, great slot receiver and will move the chains and rack up catches for you, but lacks the ability to be a consistent big play threat thus he doesn't get much hype.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smith has a higher YPC than Boldin and Fitz this year. Just sayin'.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Smith has a higher YPC than Boldin and Fitz this year. Just sayin'.
Well judging by YPC Jackson is the greatest receiver of all time.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:25 AM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only way for this to be determined is if we asked all the DB's in the NFL which WR would they least like to cover in the NFL, and since thats not happening, it's fairly useless. I would love to see a poll on that though.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 12:32 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well judging by YPC Jackson is the greatest receiver of all time.
I don't think he's trying to say having a high YPC makes you the best WR ever, I just think he's trying to say for a guy like Steve Smith who doesn't get a lot of hype due to lack of 'big playability' he averages more yards per catch than two guys who are known for their big/spectacular catches.

Clearly Smith isn't Boldin or Fitz, but the idea he's just a slot receiver who makes short catches and falls down after gaining a couple yards isn't true either.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:49 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
Only way for this to be determined is if we asked all the DB's in the NFL which WR would they least like to cover in the NFL, and since thats not happening, it's fairly useless. I would love to see a poll on that though.
that doesn't make sense at all either. Obviously a smaller shiftier CB is going to want to deal with a small shiftier WR instead of a big physical one, so that point is moot.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:50 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I don't think he's trying to say having a high YPC makes you the best WR ever, I just think he's trying to say for a guy like Steve Smith who doesn't get a lot of hype due to lack of 'big playability' he averages more yards per catch than two guys who are known for their big/spectacular catches.

Clearly Smith isn't Boldin or Fitz, but the idea he's just a slot receiver who makes short catches and falls down after gaining a couple yards isn't true either.
Thank You Forenci. This is in fact what I meant.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 01:01 AM    (permalink
nrcirc
Veteran

nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Route Running = Austin - more receptions and first down
Elusiveness = Austin - over 40% more yards YAC than Jackson
nrcirc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 01:03 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrcirc View Post
Route Running = Austin - more receptions and first down
Elusiveness = Austin - over 40% more yards YAC than Jackson
well that's because Desean ran passed everyone and caught the ball on the 5 freaking yard line. that's a stupid stat and you can't honestly believe Miles is more elusive than Desean. That's abusrd.
Quote:
Old 12-23-2009, 01:36 AM    (permalink
nrcirc
Veteran

nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
well that's because Desean ran passed everyone and caught the ball on the 5 freaking yard line. that's a stupid stat and you can't honestly believe Miles is more elusive than Desean. That's abusrd.
Yes, I am. If you are looking for speed, without question, Jackson is faster, but elusive is not only for speed in NFL, and Austin is very good at keeping the defender in a distant by using his hand and know where to run.
nrcirc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 08:32 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
DeSean is more the jitterbug CLEARLY but he can be jammed and when also properly doubled near useless.

DeSean is in the perfect role on the perfect Offense with a QB who throws a great deep ball.

Put DeSean on San Diego and he is a shell of what he is in the WCO.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:06 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

herniateddisc has a good point of system and players around them. I believe Santana Moss puts up everything Jackson has given the same opportunities on the Eagles.

That's why these arguments rarely work. I can say Nicks>Hixon because they've both played the same position in the same offense, on the same team and Nicks has outperformed Hixon. But if we go back in time and do everything the same with Nicks, and then go back in time again and do everything the same with Miles, who knows puts up the better numbers.

A lot of these talented recievers look even more talented because they are afforded to opportunity.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:58 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
A lot of these talented recievers look even more talented because they are afforded to opportunity.
.... look at Miles Austin in Dallas. The whole way Mgmt did things and it took an injury to get them to WAKE UP.

Lots of coaches and GM who can't project performance or development and if not for injuries or major issues arising .... never give talented players opportunities.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 10:38 AM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
that doesn't make sense at all either. Obviously a smaller shiftier CB is going to want to deal with a small shiftier WR instead of a big physical one, so that point is moot.
You dont think asking the actual players that Miles Austin and DeSean play against is the best way to figure it out? Arguing of the internet is the most efficient, really?
Old 12-23-2009, 10:42 AM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrcirc View Post
Yes, I am. If you are looking for speed, without question, Jackson is faster, but elusive is not only for speed in NFL, and Austin is very good at keeping the defender in a distant by using his hand and know where to run.
How do you think a 5'10, 160 pound WR lasts in the NFL? By being elusive. Let's be honest, how many big hits do you think his body can take? He is elusive as hell. He has to be for his own good.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
You dont think asking the actual players that Miles Austin and DeSean play against is the best way to figure it out? Arguing of the internet is the most efficient, really?
I'd like you to point out where he says resolving this on a message board is the most efficient way to resolve this.

The point is there is no way to decide between the two that will be universally agreed upon.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 11:22 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think DeSean would thrive in any scheme. He's just a playmaker through and through. I do agree that he's used perfectly in Philly though. Reid definitely uses him right.

To be fair though, Austin is in the perfect scheme for his capabilities as well. Both fit their schemes perfectly.

You can say the same for Steve Smith.

All these WRs are great and do exactly what their teams ask of them. I think we can all agree on that. Me personally, if I could have 1 of these guys to start my team with, I'm going DeSean no questions asked.

Thats taking nothing away from the rest of them though.