Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-24-2009, 08:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Turkey Day: Raiders @ Cowboys

Gobble, gobble... Cowboys usually win on Thanksgiving. I'm gonna love seeing the guys on defense do their turkey wing trot. That dance is hilarious. Trap game? Hell no. I have a feeling it's gonna be a romp! Dallas by over 13 points. One simple key. Easier said than done, but put the gas on early. If we score early and make this a game of catch up for the Raiders then their running game is useless and forcing them to pass will result in sacks, ints and big smiles. Statement game.

They say Jason Witten might be out, but that might not be as bad as it sounds. Bennett has yet to have a chance to shine.

Last 2 weeks, the Cowboys have faced the #1 passing defense (Washington) and the #4 passing defense at the time (Green Bay). This week, Oakland is #12. That's almost like a relief. Expect fireworks in the air and on the ground as Oakland is nearly last at 30th against the rush. Big money, on Big D, on a Big Holiday!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 08:13 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Gobble, gobble... Cowboys usually win on Thanksgiving. I'm gonna love seeing the guys on defense do their turkey wing trot. That dance is hilarious. Trap game? Hell no. I have a feeling it's gonna be a romp! Dallas by over 13 points. One simple key. Easier said than done, but put the gas on early. If we score early and make this a game of catch up for the Raiders then their running game is useless and forcing them to pass will result in sacks, ints and big smiles. Statement game.

They say Jason Witten might be out, but that might not be as bad as it sounds. Bennett has yet to have a chance to shine.

Last 2 weeks, the Cowboys have faced the #1 passing defense (Washington) and the #4 passing defense at the time (Green Bay). This week, Oakland is #12. That's almost like a relief. Expect fireworks in the air and on the ground as Oakland is nearly last at 30th against the rush. Big money, on Big D, on a Big Holiday!
Ever the optimist, I love it. I expect a tight game for 1 1/2 quarters and then we pull away.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 08:26 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You may be able to pass against us, but the ball sure as hell ain't gonna be going to Bennett. Branch is gonna have him on lockdown!
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 08:41 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A little smack talking to make the tryptophan go down smooth.

Brine the turkey and stuff the Raiders.

Cowboys 72
Raiders 5
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 08:44 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The one thing I'll give you guys is that the play of your corners is much improved from the last time we saw you guys in the preseason. You had me fooled thinking Russell was actually in for a breakout season. Silly Cowboys lol.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:47 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
The one thing I'll give you guys is that the play of your corners is much improved from the last time we saw you guys in the preseason. You had me fooled thinking Russell was actually in for a breakout season. Silly Cowboys lol.
619, how is Tyvon doing for you guys??

CT guys if I remember.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:49 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raiders 27 Cowboys 17 :)
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 08:53 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
619, how is Tyvon doing for you guys??

CT guys if I remember.
Tyvon has been one of our biggest surprises on defense. I never really thought he'd have much trouble converting from corner to SS, but even I've come away mighty impressed by his play. He covers TEs/receivers close to as well as Nnamdi does (I'm not kidding) and he's a tackling machine - second on the team in tackles behind Morrison. The only thing I'd like to see from him is some playmaking ability, which we have yet to see probably due to scheme responsibilities.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:36 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously-this should not be close. Cowboys should easily win. Doesn't mean they will, but we should. I think the talent level favors the Cowboys. I am not saying this WILL be the final score, but this is about what it SHOULD be.

Cowboys-35

Raiders-10

Cowboys are better at ever position.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 01:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tyvon has been one of our biggest surprises on defense. I never really thought he'd have much trouble converting from corner to SS, but even I've come away mighty impressed by his play. He covers TEs/receivers close to as well as Nnamdi does (I'm not kidding) and he's a tackling machine - second on the team in tackles behind Morrison. The only thing I'd like to see from him is some playmaking ability, which we have yet to see probably due to scheme responsibilities.
When I watched the Raiders earlier in the year, I was super impressed with Chris Johnson. That guy is underrated. I'm interested to see him match up against Austin. Unless Nnamdi is on Austin which in that case, I'll be even more interested.

The one thing the Raiders do have going for them is Gradowski. I'd rather face Russell.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:06 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They will put Ndami on Austin, count on it. Austin is not a secret anymore, & we've discussed at length how Roy Williams doesn't scare anybody.

Neither is Romo going to Witten on a slant or sideline route on 3rd & long. That's the time for the pump fake to Witten & swing pass or screen to Choice or Barber.

It will be over early if the Cowboys have a 2-score lead, Raiders are worthless at playing catchup.

The fumbled KO return doomed Cincy, again Dallas has to be mindful of ball security & as the Raiders strip ballcarriers on ST & defense.

Prediction: Dallas 34, Raiders 16

Last edited by LizardState : 11-25-2009 at 02:14 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 05:40 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
It will be over early if the Cowboys have a 2-score lead, Raiders are worthless at playing catchup.
Oh, really? Actually, we can play catchup with Gradkowski under center, in fact, we came back from a two-score deficit last week. I hate to say it, but Dallas' offense doesn't scare me anymore than what we had to go up against Cincy. Nothing special, nothing we haven't seen before. I always had extreme confidence in our defense, as long as they're into the game mentally, which they should be since it's nationally televised.

Nnamdi for the majority of the year has covered the opposing team's second receiver/decoy. I don't know whether that'll be Austin or Williams this week, probably Williams.
Old 11-25-2009, 06:51 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hate to say it, but Dallas' offense doesn't scare me anymore than what we had to go up against Cincy.
:) Hahaha, you're going to sit in front of a television and watch the game. They don't need to scare you, or even the Raiders. They just have to play to their level and not Oakland's, and they win this game pretty easily.

This is the game the 'boys offense get their mojo back. Defense continues to play great, I'd be surprised if Oakland is within 10 points tell you the truth.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 07:04 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only reason this game gets out of hand is a west coast team going east with onl hree games to prep

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 09:07 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
:) Hahaha, you're going to sit in front of a television and watch the game. They don't need to scare you, or even the Raiders. They just have to play to their level and not Oakland's, and they win this game pretty easily.

This is the game the 'boys offense get their mojo back. Defense continues to play great, I'd be surprised if Oakland is within 10 points tell you the truth.
That level you speak of apparently wasn't very good the last two or three weeks. I'm not expecting a win, but don't come in here and start telling me you're gonna blow us out of the water. Only way your offense gets that 'mojo' back is when Garrett decides to go run-first. If you think you're gonna expose us through the air all game you got the wrong team. Get used to a lot of three and outs if that's gonna be the case. Once you follow that gameplan you could already tally this one up as another ugly-fought contest. That's the Oakland Raider brand of football of today. Just how we like it. Go ahead, play right into our gameplan.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
That level you speak of apparently wasn't very good the last two or three weeks. I'm not expecting a win, but don't come in here and start telling me you're gonna blow us out of the water. Only way your offense gets that 'mojo' back is when Garrett decides to go run-first. If you think you're gonna expose us through the air all game you got the wrong team. Get used to a lot of three and outs if that's gonna be the case. Once you follow that gameplan you could already tally this one up as another ugly-fought contest. That's the Oakland Raider brand of football of today. Just how we like it. Go ahead, play right into our gameplan.
Yesterday I felt a blowout was possible. Today I remembered that Jason Garrett is our Offensive Coordinator. Bah. :(
Old 11-25-2009, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
I'd be surprised if Oakland is within 10 points tell you the truth.
You're in for a surprise my friend.
Old 11-26-2009, 12:10 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Romo has never lost on Thanksgiving, hopefully it continues.

65-91 832 yards 10 TDS 2 INTS 71% in his 3 games.

Those are his sexy Turkey Day numbers. Hopefully, he plans on topping that 5 TD performance he had against the Bucs a few years ago. :D

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 12:28 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

of course I don't see the Raiders winning, I never do. But if Oakland just wants to stay in the game, the defense has to play lights out like the did vs the Eagles. The Raiders defense can be great when they want to be. when Aso and Johnson are playing man on man and we start blitzing Howard, Huff, Branch, like we did a few times this season we have a chance to at least make things interesting.
Old 11-26-2009, 11:23 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

My keys to having a good O (game) today.

1) Keep Miles on the Left side
2) Keep Witten on the right side and split him out frequently vs Nashumundiotosisu. That is "strand" a unhealthy but dangerous star on thier best cover corner.
3) Run the ball between the tackles with MBIII and Jones
3b) Keep Martellus on the left side and split him out left to force the SS into coverage or the LB mismatch. Helps take a player out of the box for run/pass optionality.
(*** so lots of 2 TE sets with Martellus as the focal point)
4) RB Wheel Route and Screens on 5/7 Step Drops with 3/4 WR sets -- overly aggressive D attacking the QB and you can get their cover guys to turn their backs to the play quite easily.
5) Bench Roy and play the other dudes.
6) D Point: Blitz Gradkowski, play tight man versus their immature WR and Play lots of Cover 1 -- that is create the illusion the "deep pass" is there if only their "really fast" WR can get there and catch it.
7) Fear M Bush if he plays. Hit him hard in the legs.

Last edited by herniateddisc : 11-26-2009 at 11:27 AM.
Old 11-26-2009, 03:37 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bob. Just a question. If Roy put up a big day are you wrong about benchin him. Will you say it's because of how much he was targetted and someone else could have done the same thing. I wanna know before since it seems like you have a few outs on that point.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 04:22 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awesome commercial.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-26-2009, 04:23 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

That was all Bennett...but great gain.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-26-2009, 04:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

If Roy just dropped that pass that Miles dropped, fans would've been hatin'.

PI against Roy. Non-call. eh... could've gone either way.
Old 11-26-2009, 04:29 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Well that was just awful. Bob cant even make an excuse about that Austin drop...and yeah, that was PI.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS