Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-07-2009, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Byrd430
Veteran

Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default NCAA Football Tournament

Just a fun little thing I have done every year since the BCS has come out. Basically, I make the college football postseason like the basketball postseason. 64-team tournament, no play-in game. All games are at the top seeded team's home stadium. Only the Final Four and the National Championship are at neutral sites. Seeds are based on Top 25 BCS Standings, and then records after that. Only rule is that conference teams can't be matched up in the first round. So here's the field:

East:
#16 Notre Dame @ #1 Alabama
#15 Auburn @ #2 Ohio State
#14 South Carolina @ #3 Georgia Tech
#13 Georgia @ #4 West Virginia
#12 Tennessee @ #5 Pittsburgh
#11 North Carolina @ #6 Nebraska
#10 Navy @ #7 Central Michigan
#9 Boston College @ #8 East Carolina

West:
#16 UCLA @ #1 Texas Christian
#15 Arkansas @ #2 Oregon
#14 Air Force @ #3 Iowa
#13 Idaho @ #4 Brigham Young
#12 Oklahoma @ #5 Arizona
#11 Nevada @ #6 Utah
#10 Missouri @ #7 Houston
#9 California @ #8 Ohio

South:
#16 Florida State @ #1 Texas
#15 Southern Methodist @ #2 Florida
#14 Southern Mississippi @ #3 LSU
#13 South Florida @ #4 Miami
#12 Clemson @ #5 Oklahoma State
#11 Central Florida @ #6 Southern California
#10 Mississippi @ #7 Troy
#9 Texas Tech @ #8 Middle Tennessee State

North:
#16 Michigan State @ #1 Cincinnati
#15 Kentucky @ #2 Boise State
#14 Northern Illinois @ #3 Virginia Tech
#13 Bowling Green @ #4 Penn State
#12 Connecticut @ #5 Oregon State
#11 Fresno State @ #6 Stanford
#10 Rutgers @ #7 Wisconsin
#9 Northwestern @ #8 Temple

There has been some crazy surprises and major upsets in the past. The best team doesn't always win this thing. Feel free to post opinions. I don't know when I'll start this thing off, it could be as late as after the bowl season. But I will be updating this thread when I start.

Thanks BoneKrusher! The Sig King!
Byrd430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see it anywhere, how do you determine who wins?

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:48 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the idea but 64 teams? Which teams did you leave out that are already going bowling this year? How do you rank the teams? How do you establish who goes into which bracket?

These are questions that need answers!

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:59 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I already see no Iowa State or Minnesota, so there's 2 of the 4 missing.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:13 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
I already see no Iowa State or Minnesota, so there's 2 of the 4 missing.
I just figured it out:

Iowa State
Minnesota
Wyoming (although their opponent, Fresno State, got a 11 seed)
Marshall (although their opponent, Ohio, got a 8 seed)

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-07-2009, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Byrd430
Veteran

Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CanadianKid: I use Whatifsports simulation to determine who wins. I play each game only one time (no consensus) since anything can happen in one game. One of the reasons I don't know when I will start is because Whatifsports has not updated to include the 2009 teams yet.

Diabsoule: I know, 64 is overload. But I wanted to run it just like NCAA basketball, minus that stupid play-in game. Besides, first round upsets can be exciting!

From 2004 to this year, I use the BCS Top 25 Standings after the conference championships have been played. The Top 25 teams get the top spots in that order. For example: 1-4 get #1 seeds, 5-8 get #2 seeds, etc. etc. After the top 25 teams have been established, I simply go by records.

Now, because there are several several teams who end up with the same record, I use a basic judgement call. Typically, I end up favoring the top team in the BCS conferences first. I also try not to give two teams from the same conference the same seed. Mainly, though, just understand it is a judgement call.

I use pure geographics to determine who goes into what bracket. If your team is in the East, you get the East bracket. Sometimes it works out kind of weird and teams get shifted a little bit. Some teams may get a bad draw, but isn't this what happens in college basketball too. I also use one other rule: No conference teams can play each other in the first round!

Finally, I have not been able to find a good way to determine the last teams in. Most years have been decently easy as I only have to cut a couple teams from the list.

This year, however, the final four teams came down to twelve teams!

These teams are: Florida State, Kansas State, Iowa State, Texas A&M, Michigan State, Minnesota, Notre Dame, Marshall, Wyoming, UCLA, UL-Monroe, and UL-Lafayette.

My final decisions are based on:
Taking the top team (based on standings) from major BCS Conferences (and Independents). This cuts the list down to Florida State, Kansas State, Michigan State, Notre Dame, and UCLA. Florida State, Michigan State, and UCLA are all going bowling, so it comes down to Kansas State and Notre Dame. Because of geographics and pure excitement, I chose Notre Dame to play Alabama in the East bracket.

Hope this helps explain things. Also, I am open to making changes to improve this tournament, so any suggestions are welcome!

Old 12-07-2009, 10:37 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to do a SWDC Bowl Bracket but probably with only 16 teams.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:53 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I'd like to do a SWDC Bowl Bracket but probably with only 16 teams.
I'll help ya work on that if you want...

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-07-2009, 11:28 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish soooo bad that this really would happen in real life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 01:10 AM    (permalink
Byrd430
Veteran

First week is finished!

#1 Alabama rolls the Irish, 65-13! Mark Ingram finished the game with 202 rushing yards and 4 total touchdowns (1 receiving). Greg McElroy finished up with 3 TD passes. Notre Dame QB Jimmy Clausen connected with Golden Tate on a 34-yard TD pass for the Irish's only TD.

#8 East Carolina edged Boston College, 23-21 on Ben Hartman's game-winning 35-yard field goal with less than two minutes to go. Patrick Pinkney had 250 yards passing, including a 12 yard TD pass to Darryl Freeney. Van Eskridge spearheaded the defense with 2 picks.

#5 Pittsburgh survived Tennessee in overtime! Dion Lewis was sensational for the Panthers with 324 yards on 36 carries and 3 TDs. Bill Stull completed less than half his passes (15 of 32) but threw 2 TDs including the eventual game winner in OT, a 3-yard pass to Jonathan Baldwin. Tennessee's Montario Hardesty was excellent for the Vols with 162 rushing yards and 3 TDs, along with a TD reception as well. Jonathan Crompton had a pair of TDs and a pick, and Gerald Jones caught 4 passes for 56 yards and a TD.

#4 West Virginia wrapped up the Georgia Bulldogs, 38-17. Noel Devine led the Mountaineers with 155 yards on 25 carries with a 6-yard TD run. Jarrett Brown was 15 for 25 passing for 232 yards and a TD. Pat Lazear led the defense with 3 sacks, but it was Tyler Bitancurt, the kicker, who hit all eight field goal attempts from 36, 38, 46, 50, 45, 39, 42, and 33 yards. Washaun Early led the Bulldogs with 17 carries, 149 yards, and 2 TD runs of 74 and 34 yards respectively.

#14 South Carolina stuns #3 Georgia Tech with a convincing 37-13 victory! The upset was sparked by Kenny Miles who had 19 carries, 129 yards, and a pair of TDs. Stephen Garcia was 21 for 33 with 213 yards and a rushing TD. Jonathan Dwyer led the Yellow Jackets with 135 yards on 21 carries and an 11-yard TD run.

#6 Nebraska edges #11 North Carolina in a defensive battle, 9-6. Alex Henery hit 3 of his 4 FG attempts for all of the Huskers points. QB Zac Lee had a miserable game, completing just 10 of 25 passes for 162 yards while throwing 2 interceptions, both to UNC's Kendric Burney. Tar Heels Shaun Draughn had 10 carries for 55 yards, and the game's only TD, a 39-yard run on the Tar Heels' opening possession.

#10 Navy beats #7 Central Michigan in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan, 34-27. Navy did all their damage on the ground. Vince Murray led the way with 19 carries, 187 yards, and an 88-yard TD run. Marcus Curry was equally as effective with 153 yards on 10 carries, and the go-ahead 75-yard TD run with 9:12 left in the fourth quarter. Mike Stukel also had a 68-yard TD run. Dan LeFevour was valliant in the loss, completing 16 of 26 passes for 218 yards, 1 TD, and 1 INT. He also had 81 yards on the ground and a TD. Carl Volny added a 16-yard TD run for the Chippewas.

Finally, #2 Ohio State dominated #15 Auburn, 34-10. Brandon Saine and Daniel Herron both had a TD, while Jordan Hall added two more on the ground. Chris Todd was 13 for 28 with 120 yards, 1 TD, and 1 INT for the Tigers.

Old 12-21-2009, 01:31 AM    (permalink
Byrd430
Veteran

#1 Texas Christian crushed UCLA 45-3. Joseph Turner led the way with 114 yards on the ground and a pair of TDs. Edward Wesley also added a pair of TDs rushing. Andy Dalton was 11 of 18 passing with 154 yards, 1 TD, and 1 INT. UCLA's Kevin Prince was 12 of 31 passing with 135 yards, and 2 INT. Logan Paulsen caught 3 balls for 88 yards for the Bruins.

#8 Ohio halted #9 California, 38-21. Ohio's Theo Scott was 17 for 30 with 276 yards, 2 TDs, and 1 INT. Chris Garrett added a pair of TDs on the ground, while Donte Harden contributed with a rushing TD. The Golden Bears QB Kevin Riley was 14 of 28, with 171 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT, and a rushing TD. Jahvid Best was limited to 17 carries, for 100 yards, and 4 receptions for 62 yards, and no touchdowns.

Big brother Bob Stoops and the #12 Oklahoma Sooners knocked off #5 Arizona, 36-15. DeMarco Murray had 114 yards on just 10 carries with a TD. QB Landry Jones was 32 of 55 passing for 340 yards, and a TD. Ryan Broyles led the Sooners with 10 receptions for 114 yards, and kicker Jimmy Stevens hit five of his seven field goal attempts. The Wildcats' Keola Antolin had 97 yards on just 8 carries, including a 63-yard TD run. Nick Foles was just 20 for 43 passing for 217 yards and a pick.

#4 BYU breezed by #13 Idaho, 44-19. Harvey Unga led the way with 21 carries for 135 yards, and 3 TDs. Max Hall had a brilliant day as well, completing 20 of 27 passes for 275 yards, and 3 TDs, including two to McKay Jacobson. Idaho's Princeton McCarty finished the game with 92 yards on just 12 carries, and a TD.

#3 Iowa squeezes by #14 Air Force, 17-10. Ricky Stanzi was named player of the game for completing 14 of 24 passes for 214 yards, and a 12-yard TD strike to Allen Reisner. Brandon Wegher had just 44 yards on 17 carries and a TD. Savier Stephens led the Falcons with 110 yards on 10 carries and a 36-yard TD run.

#6 Utah took care of #11 Nevada 34-13. Matt Asiata had 225 yards on 30 carries and a pair of TDs. Eddie Wide contributed with 114 yards on 19 carries, and 2 TDs, a 1-yard run and a 18-yard reception. Terrance Cain completed 12 of 14 attempts for 165 yards, 1 TD, and 1 INT. Vai Taua led the Wolfpack with 158 yards on 18 carries, while Colin Kaepernick had 71 yards and a TD on 16 carries.

In a high scoring shootout, #10 Missouri slipped by #7 Houston, 57-50. Blaine Gabbert led the Tigers with 29 of 33 passing for 428 yards, and 6 total touchdowns, 5 through the air and 1 on the ground. Danario Alexander remained his favorite target with 10 catches for 226 yards and a pair of TDs. Derrick Washington added 107 yards and a TD on the ground. Meanwhile, Cougar QB Case Keenum was amazing with 581 yards and 6 TDs on 36 of 54 passing, mainly to Houston receivers James Cleveland (10 rec, 118 yrds, 2 TDs), Charles Sims (5 rec, 101 yards, TD) and Patrick Edwards (6 rec, 101 yards, TD).

Finally, #2 Oregon took care of Arkansas, 23-6. Oregon's LaMichael Jones had 178 yards rushing with a TD. LaGarrette Blount came back with 57 yards rushing and a TD. Jeremiah Masoli was just 5 for 9 passing for 59 yards and had 11 carries for 51 yards. Meanwhile, Ryan Mallet led the Razorbacks with 21 of 36 passing for 277 yards, and an INT.

Old 12-21-2009, 01:51 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keep going man
Old 12-21-2009, 01:56 AM    (permalink
Byrd430
Veteran

Will finish the writeups later, but here is the matchups for round #2.

#8 East Carolina @ #1 Alabama
#5 Pittsburgh @ #4 West Virginia
#14 South Carolina @ #6 Nebraska
#10 Navy @ #2 Ohio State

#8 Ohio @ #1 Texas Christian
#12 Oklahoma @ #4 Brigham Young
#6 Utah @ #3 Iowa
#10 Missouri @ #2 Oregon

#9 Northwestern @ #1 Cincinnati
#5 Oregon State @ #4 Penn State
#6 Stanford @ #3 Virginia Tech
#7 Wisconsin @ #2 Boise State

#9 Texas Tech @ #1 Texas
#5 Oklahoma State @ #4 Miami
#14 Southern Mississippi @ #6 Southern California
#7 Troy @ #2 Florida

As you can see, there's quite a few rematches in the second round. West Virginia edged Pitt, Ohio State survived Navy, BYU upset Oklahoma, Texas took care of Texas Tech, and Florida blasted Troy in earlier games this year. Will be interesting to see if there will be similar results this time around.

Old 12-21-2009, 02:15 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Come on Temple should have beat NorthWestern
Old 12-21-2009, 06:12 AM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One day I'll live in a world where the college football champion team is defined in a fair way. And that's going to be the way.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 02:22 AM    (permalink
ESimsfan87
Rookie

ESimsfan87 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

As a Central Michigan student I may be biased in my analysis, but I'm struggling to see how Navy would beat the Chippewas in Mount Pleasant.

Also 88, 75, and 68 yard runs against our defense? We may be a non BCS team but our Defense and team speed is much better than that man.

We had a top 20 defense for a good portion of the season.
ESimsfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Byrd430
Veteran

Here's the rest of that first round. Sorry it's taken me so long, but....

#1 Cincinnati halts the #16 Michigan State Spartans, 42-28. Tony Pike threw for 399 yards on 30 of 38 passing with 4 touchdowns, including a 54 yarder to Kazeem Alli. Mardy Gilyard had 6 catches for 73 yards and a TD. Isaiah Pead carried the ball 13 times for 113 yards and 2 TDs. For Michigan State, Kirk Cousins was 23 for 37 with 292 yards, 1 INT, and 2 TDs, both to Larry Caper.

#9 Northwestern topped Temple in Philadelphia, 28-20. Mike Kafka was 18-26 for 265 yards, and 3 TDs. Andrew Brewer caught 4 balls for 86 yards and a 32-yard TD. Bernard Price led the Owls with 207 yards on 26 carries and a TD, while defensively, Elijah Joseph chimed in with 2 sacks.

#4 Penn State shut out #13 Bowling Green, 61-0. The Nittany Lions' Evan Royster had an amazing game with 278 yards on 27 carries and 5 touchdowns. Daryll Clark was 17 for 25 for 208 yards, 1 TD, and 1 INT, while running for 52 more yards. Brandon Beachum had 7 carries for 98 yards and a pair of TDs. Tyler Sheehan had 247 yards and an INT, finding Freddie Barnes 12 times for 100 yards for the Falcons.

#5 Oregon State outed UConn, 57-17. Sean Canfield was named MVP with an amazing 485 yards through the air on 35 of 46 passing, with 6 TD passes and 2 picks. Jaquizz Rodgers carried the ball 24 times for 151 yards, and a pair of TDs, while adding 7 receptions, 66 yards, and a TD to his totals. Damola Adeniji also had 5 catches for 95 yards, and 2 TDs for the Beavers. Zach Frazier found Marcus Easley for a 42 yard TD for the Huskies, but Frazier was also intercepted 5 times.

#3 Virginia Tech topped Northern Illinois, 41-26 behind a stout running game. Ryan Williams had 31 carries for 197 yards and 2 TDs. David Wilson had 8 carries for 143 yards and 2 TDs. Chad Spann led NIU with 162 yards on 18 carries and a TD.

#6 Stanford topped Fresno State, 49-23. Toby Gerhart had 338 yards on 31 carries and a TD. Andrew Luck was 11 for 13 with 143 yards and 3 TDs, while Stepfan Taylor added a pair of rushing TDs. Ryan Matthews led the Bulldogs with 202 yards on the ground with a TD.

#7 Wisconsin knocked off Rutgers 34-17. John Clay had 233 yards on the ground with 2 TDs, while Zach Brown had 91 yards rushing with a TD. Tom Savage led the Scarlet Knights with 233 yards and 2 TDs, including a 59 yarder to Mohamed Sanu.

#2 Boise State blasted Kentucky 51-13 on the blue field. Kellen Moore led the Broncos with an 18-25 passing day, 331 yards, 3 TDs, and an INT. Titus Young was the main receiver with 5 catches for 110 yards, and 2 TDs. Austin Pettis also hauled in 5 catches for 74 yards, and a TD. Doug Martin added a pair of TDs on the ground. Derrick Locke led the Wildcats with 164 yards on the ground, while Randall Cobb had 59 yards with the lone UK TD.

Old 12-25-2009, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Byrd430
Veteran

The top seeded Longhorns blasted Florida State in Bobby Bowden's final game, 55-7. Colt McCoy was 16 for 20 for 281 yards and 2 TDs, 1 INT, and a 6-yard TD run. Jordan Shipley had 6 catches for 101 yards and both of McCoy's TD receptions. Cody Johnson added 122 yards on the ground with 2 TDs. Florida State's Christian Ponder returned with 28 of 48 passing for 328 yards, 1 TD (a 34 yarder to Jarmon Fortson) and a pair of picks.

#9 Texas Tech took care of Middle Tennessee State, 56-22. Baron Batch led the charge with 14 carries for 102 yards and 6 catches for 95 yards and a TD. Taylor Potts was 33 for 54 with 408 yards, 3 TDs, including 2 to Detron Lewis, and 2 picks. Sandy Riley led the Raiders D with 2 sacks and a safety. MTSU Dwight Dasher was held to just 8 of 13 passing for 93 yards, and a TD.

#5 Okie State dropped Clemson , 31-20. Zac Robinson was 11-18, 201 yards, 2 TDs. Dez Bryant hauled in a 56-yard TD, while Keith Toston added 124 yards and a TD on the ground. C.J. Spiller led the Tigers with 132 yards and 2 TDs. Kyle Parker, however, was a dismal 8 of 25 for just 99 yards and 3 INTs.

#4 Miami trounced South Florida 45-17. Damien Berry paced the Canes with 134 yards on the ground and a TD. Graig Cooper added 96 yards and 3 TDs, and Jacory Harris was 12 of 23 with 195 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT. USF was led by Moise Plancher's 96 yards and Demetris Murray's 46-yard TD run.

In a major upset, #14 Southern Mississippi slipped by #3 LSU, 20-17 in overtime. Martevious Young led the Eagles with 19 of 30 passing for 208 yards, and 2 TDs. Damion Fletcher added 50 yards on 26 carries, but had a 61-yard TD reception. Terrance Pope led the defense with 2 sacks, and it was Justin Estes who hit the eventual game winning 35-yard FG in OT. For LSU, Keiland Williams had 110 yards on 12 carries, and a TD. Jordan Jefferson was 15 of 23 for 189 yards, with a TD and an INT. Josh Jasper missed the 38 yard game-tying FG in OT.

#6 USC hit its stride with a 55-20 blasting of Central Florida. Matt Barkley led the way with 313 yards and 3 TDs, with one INT. Allen Bradford caught 2 of those touchdown passes. Will Harris led the D with 3 INT including one returned 48 yards for a TD. UCF's Brynn Harvey had 150 yards on 26 carries with a TD. Brett Hodges was 11 of 28 passing with 178 yards, 2 TDs, and 4 INTs.

#7 Troy bounced Ole Miss in overtime, 24-17. Levi Brown led the way with 27 of 55 passing for 298 yards, 2 TDs, and an INT. He threw the game winning 4-yard TD pass to Patrick Cherry in OT. DuJuan Harris added a TD on the ground. Jevan Snead was just 16 for 36 passing for 206 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs, and a 14-yard TD run for the Rebs.

#2 Florida blanked SMU, 68-0. Tim Tebow was 8 of 14 passing for 118 yards and 2 TDs, adding 25 carries for 131 yards and a TD. Jeffery Demps had 118 yards on 13 carries, with a 7 yard TD run. Mike Gillislee had 92 yards on 8 carries, with 3 TDs and also hauled in a 6 yard TD pass. Bo Levi Mitchell was a miserable 13 of 42 with just 66 yards and 2 picks.

Old 12-27-2009, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Byrd430
Veteran

In the East Bracket, #1 ranked Alabama rolls #8 East Carolina 37-13. The game was tight all the way into the final quarter, where the Tide outscored the Pirates, 25-3. The Tide's running game was anchored by huge performances from Heisman Winner Mark Ingram, who carried the ball for 180 yards on 29 carries, including a 68-yard TD. Trent Richardson was named player of the game with 141 yards on just 14 carries, including 2 touchdowns. Kicker Leigh Tiffin provided points for Alabama, nailing 5 of his 6 field goal tries. For the Pirates, Domonique Lindsay carried the ball 19 times for 125 yards and a 48-yard TD run. QB Patrick Pinkney was hasseled all day, completing just 9 of his 23 passes for 102 yards and an interception.

#4 West Virginia halted #5 Pittsburgh in a rematch of the Backyard Brawl in Morgantown, WV by a final of 20-6. Noel Devine paced the Mountaineers with 141 yards on 26 carries and a TD. QB Jarrett Brown did just enough as he completed 11 of 17 passes for 109 yards, including a 12-yard TD pass. It was the Mountaineer defense that downed the Panthers however as star running back Dion Lewis was held to just 90 yards on 33 carries. Bill Stull was equally as disappointing, completing just 14 of his 27 attempts for 159 yards and an interception.

#6 Nebraska sacked #14 South Carolina, 23-7. Roy Helu led the Huskers with a pair of TD runs among his 116 yard performance. Rex Burkhead added an additional 60 yards on the ground with just 11 carries. QB Zac Lee was just 13 of 25 for 123 yards and an interception against a fierce Gamecock defense. Unfortunately, the Gamecocks couldn't get anything going offensively as Kenny Miles was their lone bright spot with 92 yards and a TD on 16 carries. Stephen Garcia was an inefficient 14 of 32 passing with just 128 yards and a crucial interception.

#2 Ohio State knocked off #10 Navy, 17-6. Daniel Herron and Brandon Saine combined for 152 yards rushing on 34 carries and each had short TD runs. Terrelle Pryor provided flashes as well, completing 10 of his 19 passes for 147 yards. Navy depended too much on their running game as QB Ricky Dobbs did not complete a single pass, and in fact, only attempted two. He did run for 48 yards on 18 carries. Vince Murray led the Midshipmen with 128 yards on 18 carries.

Old 12-27-2009, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Byrd430
Veteran

In the West Bracket, #1 Texas Christian blanked #8 Ohio, 43-0. Matthew Tucker picked up a pair of touchdown runs along with his 91 yards on 15 carries. Edward Wesley picked up a touchdown with 80 yards on just 13 carries. Joseph Turner also aided the running game with 157 yards on 19 carries. The Bobcat offense couldn't move the ball very far at all as Vince Davidson had the most big plays with 48 yards on 8 carries. Theo Scott completed only 12 of his 28 attempts for 74 yards and an interception.

#12 Oklahoma slides into the sweet 16 with a 26-21 win over the team who beat them in week 1, BYU. Landry Jones threw for 302 yards and a touchdown, along with two interceptions. He found Brandon Caleb 4 times for 50 yards, including the touchdown. Ryan Broyles was his favorite target though, finishing the day with 5 catches for 86 yards. Chris Brown led the ground game with 77 yards on 13 carries, and a big 30-yard TD run. The Cougars' Harvey Unga kept BYU knocking with 126 yards and a TD, while Max Hall threw for 313 yards, with a pair of touchdowns, and an interception. McKay Jacobson was Hall's mate today with 4 catches for 110 yards, including a 49-yard TD reception in the 4th quarter that made the game close and gave the Cougars a chance at the win.

#3 Iowa stifled #6 Utah, 17-3. Adam Robinson carried the ball for 142 yards while Brandon Wegher picked up 77 yards and a touchdown. Ricky Stanz completed just 9 of his 22 passes for 129 yards and had 3 interceptions, along with a touchdown throw. Matt Martinez led the Utes defensively with a sack and an interception, and Matt Asiata led the offense with 105 yards rushing in the loss.

#10 Missouri shocked #2 Oregon with a 29-20 win in Eugene, Oregon. Derrick Washington had 114 yards with a TD on the ground, while Blaine Gabbert threw for 288 yards and a TD. The hottest receiver in the country, Danario Alexander had 8 catches for 94 yards and a TD. Oregon's Jeremiah Masoli completed 12 of 20 passes for 195 yards and had 15 carries for 42 yards and a 15-yard TD run in the losing effort.

Old 12-27-2009, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Byrd430
Veteran

In the South Bracket, #1 Texas defeated #9 Texas Tech, 39-24. Jordan Shipley picked up 9 receptions for 120 yards and a touchdown, as Colt McCoy threw for 210 yards, 1 TD, and 1 interception. Tre Newton picked up a rushing touchdown among his 111 yards, and Aaron Williams was credited with 2 sacks for the Longhorns. Taylor Potts threw for 350 yards with 2 touchdowns, but 3 interceptions. Detron Lewis had 86 receiving yards on 5 catches, including a TD.

#4 Miami knocked off #5 Oklahoma State, 27-17. Graig Cooper picked up 90 yards with a TD while Damien Berry had 41 yards and a TD to sprout the run game. Jacory Harris completed just half of his passes for 176 yards and 3 interceptions. The Cowboys couldn't capitalize, however. Keith Toston carried the ball for 118 yards and a TD, and also had a 4-yard TD reception. It was the lone TD pass from Zac Robinson, who had just 130 yards in passing yardage.

#6 Southern California knocked off #14 Southern Mississippi, 44-27. Matt Barkley continued to impress with 236 yards and 3 touchdowns with one interception. Joe McKnight was impressive as well with 176 yards and a touchdown on 20 carries, while also hauling in 3 passes for 74 yards and a TD. Damian Williams also had 5 catches for 69 yards and a TD. The Golden Eagles' Damion Fletcher had 137 yards with a pair of TDs, while Martevious Young was 15 for 29 for 200 yards and a TD. The Golden Eagles held a 17-13 lead at halftime.

#2 Florida posted its second consecutive shut out in the tournament, 40-0, over #7 Troy. Tim Tebow completed 8 of his 11 passes for 82 yards and a TD, while carrying the ball 28 times for 78 yards and a TD. Chris Rainey had two 11-yard TD runs among his 67 yards, and Jeffery Demps had 115 yards on the ground. A.J. Jones was credited with two sacks. Troy's Levi Brown was a dismal 20 of 42 for just 154 yards. Eugene Kinlaw and Rod Winston were credited with a sack each for the Trojans.

Old 12-27-2009, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Byrd430
Veteran

So the 2009 Sweet 16 is:

In Nashville, TN:
#1 Alabama vs. #4 West Virginia
#2 Ohio State vs. #6 Nebraska

In Phoenix, AZ:
#1 Texas Christian vs. #12 Oklahoma
#3 Iowa vs. #10 Missouri

In Chicago, IL:
#1 Cincinnati vs. #4 Penn State
#2 Boise State vs. #3 Virginia Tech

In Dallas, TX:
#1 Texas vs. #4 Miami
#2 Florida vs. #6 Southern California

Old 12-29-2009, 02:12 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice work mate, keep it up.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote