Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 12-13-2009, 06:49 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default We just got MOLLYWHOPPED

That's one of the worst losses I can remember.. We just got completely dominated.

Discuss.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:00 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was there soaking wet. I am happy it was a blowout because I could be sick in the morning :(
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well atleast we lost to the ravens. i would have been pissed if it were the browns or some other terrible team. the ravens actually have talent.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well like you said WMD, it was men against boys out there.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:56 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well any team that loses by 6 touchdowns in the NFL has a ton of work to do. Kevin Smith looked like the only Lion that got off the plane ... then he blows out his knee.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:11 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Daunte Culpepper is just awful. I know the defense was worse than putrid, but the offense couldn't move the ball at all. I laugh every time I think back to all the "Don't draft Stafford, we have Culpepper" people. I know Stafford throws a lot of interceptions, but we can generally put up some points and move the ball effectively with him in there.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:42 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Daunte Culpepper is just awful. I know the defense was worse than putrid, but the offense couldn't move the ball at all. I laugh every time I think back to all the "Don't draft Stafford, we have Culpepper" people. I know Stafford throws a lot of interceptions, but we can generally put up some points and move the ball effectively with him in there.
HAHA that is exactly what I was saying. All those people who were excited he was back in shape and all the bull. He isn't a starter, probably not even a back up anymore.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:44 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand why Schwartzy didn't give Stanton a chance, it was pretty ugly......the Ravens fan in me loved it, but the Lions fan in me cried with every Ravens score after we made it 20-3. And when Kevin Smith went down I just felt awful thats a guy that could play for my team anyday. He hasn't given up on his team and was playin great and then thats how karma repays him....sucks!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWnThEfiElD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
HAHA that is exactly what I was saying. All those people who were excited he was back in shape and all the bull. He isn't a starter, probably not even a back up anymore.
I still don't fully understand what happened to Daunte Culpepper. But honestly, there were people saying don't draft Stafford because of Culpepper? He was out of football. Because he was awful.

Back to my original point, I still don't know what happened to Culpepper. This is a guy who was once one of the elite QB's in the NFL. And now he's one of the worst.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:53 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't every football fan in the NFL a Lions fan at heart? Everyone wants them to win. And P-L I agree with you 209920384u0%. Culpepper is terrible.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:21 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
I still don't fully understand what happened to Daunte Culpepper. But honestly, there were people saying don't draft Stafford because of Culpepper? He was out of football. Because he was awful.
Basically. People were just too afraid to take the QB. They wanted immediate help so they said we should draft Jason Smith or Aaron Curry, and then draft Bradford, Colt, or Tebow next year.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:34 PM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People were gun shy worrying that it might be Harrington 2.0 basically.

The only thing I really came away with from today's game was how nice it would have been to see Oher in Honalulu blue. Oh well.
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 12:54 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by noondog View Post
People were gun shy worrying that it might be Harrington 2.0 basically.

The only thing I really came away with from today's game was how nice it would have been to see Oher in Honalulu blue. Oh well.
I was thinking about how Suh would've eaten Ray Rice in one bite on their first series.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:05 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stafford is going to be Payton Manning don't worry. Payton had like 28 ints first year. Schwartzy just needs to find him a nice Qb coach and offensive coordinator and stick with them for 3-5 years, being that they don't suck. And bam you have your next payton manning in Stafford.

Last edited by brat316 : 12-14-2009 at 01:15 AM.
brat316 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:08 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Stafford is going to be Payton Manning don't worry. Payton had like 28 ints first year. Schwartzy just needs to find him a nice Qb coach and offensive coordinator and stick with them for 3-5 years, being that they don't suck. And bam you have your next payton manning in Stafford.
spell Peyton Manning correct it is his given name

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:15 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
spell Peyton Manning correct it is his given name
no no i spelled it right...it pays to have Payton manning. No sir, I am not trying to cover up my mistakes.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:16 AM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As far as Suh goes, I was (and continue to be) of the opinion that Tampa had to take that game from the Jets yesterday in order for them to have a decent shot at finishing the season ahead of the Lions in the standings. As it stands now and barring a trade where the Lions could leapfrog the Bucs at the draft, I just don't see how we'll end up with Suh. McCoy/Berry/Okung will be in our wheelhouse.

As for K. Smith, he was impressive yesterday. Improve the O-line and I think that we're fine with him. Of course, a power backj to compliment him would be great, but if we have to rely on him alone, I wouldn't sweat it too much. Iupati or Mike Williams would look really good in a Lions uni next year.
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Went to the game and sat in the rain to watch that crap. So awful. Offense terrible, defense looked like last year in the running game department. So many holes on this team
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:40 AM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
I don't understand why Schwartzy didn't give Stanton a chance, it was pretty ugly......the Ravens fan in me loved it, but the Lions fan in me cried with every Ravens score after we made it 20-3. And when Kevin Smith went down I just felt awful thats a guy that could play for my team anyday. He hasn't given up on his team and was playin great and then thats how karma repays him....sucks!
Word. I felt so bad for K Smith. Same goes for Calvin Johnson, dude is easily the best player on that team, and he was out there giving it his all for the whole game, but you could almost tell it was getting to him towards the end of the game.