Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 12-20-2009, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Pacific
Rookie

Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
What I think cost you the game outside of playing prevent with no pass rush towards the end was the lack of running game. Yeah Grant had one good run, but you didn't keep attacking the Steelers with the run.
It would have been nice to establish the run and burn some clock but overall the offense wasn't really the problem. We put up 36 points, unfortunately our defense just wasn't able to get a stop when it mattered.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:11 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was a really great game but I'm pissed that we loss. Sometimes this coaching staff just baffles me and running that prevent defense at the end of the game did just that. Not to take anything away from the Steelers but this is a game that we should have won.

Positives of the game for the Packers:

1) Only allowed 1 sack which was on a screen pass

2) Clay Matthews reaching 10 sack, setting a new Packers rookie record for sacks. Although he should have had 3 sacks and a FF in that game...

3) Jennings breaking loose for a long TD. About time!

4) Finley is really proving to be a matchup problem for opposing defenses.

5) Brad Jones flashing potential. Nice to see a 7th round guy contributing and rebounding after a poor game.

6) Aaron Rodgers rebounding after a terrible start to finish with a great statistical game and getting us the lead late.

Its a tough loss to take right now but hopefully they'll bounce back against the Seahawks next week. We need to get to 10 or 11 wins so lets have a short memory on this one and focus on next week.
cvv84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I won't sleep well tonight knowing Mason Crosby and Jarrett Bush are still on the team.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, at least the Vikings are getting hammered tonight. That makes this loss a little better.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:22 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still don't see how the refs could rob Clay of his sack, FF, and recovery. I thought that was a very bad call. We gave up over 500 yards of passing thats pretty bad.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 11:33 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Still don't see how the refs could rob Clay of his sack, FF, and recovery. I thought that was a very bad call. We gave up over 500 yards of passing thats pretty bad.
That was just a terrible reversal. Matthews clearly had his hand on the ball as Bens hand was moving forward. I knew things weren't going to go our when after that play was reversed.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
I thought I could possibly see how it could be viewed as having Ben's arm going forward, but it was so borderline that I thought they would just go with the original call. I guess I didn't see indisputable evidence.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:30 AM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
I won't sleep well tonight knowing Mason Crosby and Jarrett Bush are still on the team.

Yep, lost by one point that field goal would have helped. Also, Pat Lee better be heathy next season, because Bush is not a corner. Leave him as a back up safety.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
Yep, lost by one point that field goal would have helped. Also, Pat Lee better be heathy next season, because Bush is not a corner. Leave him as a back up safety.
Leave him on the street.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
Bell over Bush is good. I've barely seen anything from Bell, but I can safely say he's better than Bush. I'd really like to see us go out and sign a veteran corner to play nickel.
Bell looks like the goat because it was the last play and all but he was right there on the play and he even had his arm between Wallace's arms but the throw was perfect and so was the catch. Bell should be our nickel in the upcoming games and hopefully Underwood is healthy enough to play. Bush should only be a ST guy.
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 11:29 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bush shouldn't be anything on this team.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know we "fans" are nowhere near experts, but what does Ted Thompson see in Jarrett Bush that no one else does? I, among many others, have been calling for him to get dropped for 2 years now.

That being said, the defending SB champs playing at home after 5 straight losses, beat Green Bay with a couple fluke plays and a couple of fluke calls by the refs. Damn that loss hurts, but I can live with it, because Green Bay should have won.

Positives:
Rodgers played great
WR's rebounded
Grant despite few carries is still running hard
Mathews continues to wow
Our punter wasn't horrendous
O-Line was solid again ---> 5 sacks total in the past 4 games I think it is

Negatives:
Crosby...
Jarrett Bush and this Bell guy played like I did in high school...slow, small, weak.
...Crosby
Donald Lee is good for 1 huge drop each game
Hawk was abused by Heath Miller
and umm...Mason Crosby...

Last edited by Whistler6 : 12-21-2009 at 11:46 AM.
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 11:53 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Random thoughts:

-I'd say there's a very good chance we'll look back on this game 2 weeks from now and realize it didn't matter in terms of playoffs and seeding.

-The thing I'm most discouraged about is the fact that this game is gonna be a blueprint. The Packers defense can be taken deep. Ask the Vikings. Ask the Steelers. Ask the Ravens (we just thought it'd be better to butt rape their WRs instead of leaving them open). As improved as the defense is, they are vulnerable to the deep ball. And part of it was Big Ben. he was on fire. A lot of those throws, he put it right where it needed to be. This game will go down as the best QB duel of the year.

-Mason Crosby needs to go now. It's just getting worse. His confidence is shaken. Which happens. But, We don't need a kicker that has mental issues in late December and January. For real. If he hasn't kicked his last game as a Packer, It'll go down as one of the worst non-moves in a long time. He cost us this game. And, it's nothing short of a miracle that this is the first game he's cost us.

-Donald Lee can also toss my salad. Useless.

-But, wow. Look at all we have to be excited about. Aaron Rodgers, Greg Jennings, Jermichael Finley, Jordy Nelson. All young guys who just tore it up on offense. And, don't forget the beast OLB. Clay Matthews. wow. What a pick.

-Speaking of Clay Matthews, that call was BS. We got ******. proper-******. Whether it affected the outcome, who knows. I just feel bad for Clay for getting hosed out of a sack, forced fumble AND fumble recovery based on a homer ref call.

-Tough loss. Obviously. But, if ya wanna feel better about yourself, go read the Vikings board. They're freaking out and it's awesome. :)
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
Negatives:
Crosby...
Jarrett Bush and this Bell guy played like I did in high school...slow, small, weak.
...Crosby
Donald Lee is good for 1 huge drop each game
Hawk was abused by Heath Miller
and umm...Mason Crosby...
I know a lot of people are mad but can we wait and see with Bell? Hes young and has been with the team for only a month. Also, its not like he got burned over and over like Bush, he got beat on a perfect catch and a perfect throw from a QB who had all day to make that throw. Bell had great position on the play but Ben made an awsome throw.

3 men rush on big ben inside the 20 is just plain dumb. Even a team full of woodsons could get beat on that one.

Last edited by Favre4ever : 12-21-2009 at 12:23 PM.
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
Veteran

Were going to get to the playoffs and some team with a good QB and good receivers will spread the field and exploit our brutal secondary depth. Minnesota, Philadelphia, Arizona, New Orleans... all can pick apart our secondary. Just steer clear of Woodson and go to town.

Old 12-21-2009, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favre4ever View Post
I know a lot of people are mad but can we wait and see with Bell? Hes young and has been with the team for only a month. Also, its not like he got burned over and over like Bush, he got beat on a perfect catch and a perfect throw from a QB who had all day to make that throw. Bell had great position on the play but Ben made an awsome throw.

3 men rush on big ben inside the 20 is just plain dumb. Even a team full of woodsons could get beat on that one.
So develop a young in experienced guy in week 15 when trying to secure a playoff spot? He had no right seeing the field on that drive, and I think he proved that.

And with the kicker situation...A lot of Green Bay radio guys are saying well you can't cut him right now. Washington did cut their kicker. And several other teams have went out and found better than average replacements. I root for Crosby hard, but damn.

Old 12-21-2009, 02:15 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favre4ever View Post

Bell was actually supposed to play under on that play. Atari Bigby was supposed to be over the top. If you look at the side view of that catch you see Bigby running towards the play. I like Bigby but he's a liability because he strong suit isn't coverage.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:37 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
What I think cost you the game outside of playing prevent with no pass rush towards the end was the lack of running game. Yeah Grant had one good run, but you didn't keep attacking the Steelers with the run.
We had 36 damn points, the offense didn't need to run when you guys could stop the pass. The onlt think that cost us that game was crap defense.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, that looks like a pass alright!!

It wasn't that important when you give up over 500 yards on D. But still pisses me off.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
We had 36 damn points, the offense didn't need to run when you guys could stop the pass. The onlt think that cost us that game was crap defense.
Simply put, but right on. Defense was flat out bad. Crosby again with a critical miss as well, but the defense had many chances to end that game.

Like the players said though, it's a gut check game. I think they will turn this into a positive. Beat Seattle and move on.

Old 12-21-2009, 02:47 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post

Yeah, that looks like a pass alright!!

It wasn't that important when you give up over 500 yards on D. But still pisses me off.
That play really pissed me off too. I thought no way it would get reversed. Sucks for Clay too because that would've been an 8 tackle 3 sack 1 FF performance for the rookie.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:51 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
That play really pissed me off too. I thought no way it would get reversed. Sucks for Clay too because that would've been an 8 tackle 3 sack 1 FF performance for the rookie.
Really, without exaggeration, the worst call in any Packer game this year.

I mean, if they called it an incomplete pass on the field, whatever. judgement call. Still the wrong call, but excusable.

But, they called it a fumble. How the hell could they have possibly seen INDISPUTABLE VISUAL EVIDENCE that it was an incomplete pass?
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 02:55 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

MM, in his monday press conference, says that Mason Crosby is his kicker. I've heard of standing by your guy but come on. Mark my words, if the packers are the situation where they need a GW FG at the end of the game in the playoffs and Mason misses, MM should lose his job for being stupid.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 03:31 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock07 View Post
MM, in his monday press conference, says that Mason Crosby is his kicker. I've heard of standing by your guy but come on. Mark my words, if the packers are the situation where they need a GW FG at the end of the game in the playoffs and Mason misses, MM should lose his job for being stupid.
Well who knows, it could be TT behind the scenes pushing to keep him too. McCarthy might not have a choice.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:35 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Well who knows, it could be TT behind the scenes pushing to keep him too. McCarthy might not have a choice.
That wouldn't surprise me...i've always viewed MM as kind of TT's puppet

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote