Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Which QB would you prefer?
Ben Roethlisberger 16 11.59%
Aaron Rodgers 50 36.23%
Philip Rivers 72 52.17%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-16-2009, 07:12 AM    (permalink
Day One Pick
Veteran

Day One Pick is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Day One Pick is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Day One Pick is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Day One Pick is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Day One Pick is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Day One Pick is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Day One Pick is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Day One Pick is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Day One Pick is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Day One Pick is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Day One Pick is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Roethlisberger, Rodgers, or Rivers

If you were named the new GM of an NFL expansion team and you had your choice between Ben Roethlisberger, Aaron Rodgers, or Phillip Rivers which one would you pick?
Day One Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:10 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If concussions weren't an issue, Roethlisberger, certainly. This isn't a fantasy football question. Roethlisberger has 2 Super Bowl victories and, up until the last few weeks, has been more clutch than any QB in the NFL.

and this is coming from someone that HATES the Steelers more than any NFL team.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:11 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanted to vote Big Ben but taking into account this year. I don't really like what I have seen. He seems out of shape and very non-chalant about the whole season (the whole team does). It doesn't look like he came out hungry at all which is sad. He is also probably playing at around 260 right now. Which is stupid. Makes me sad. :(

I voted Rodgers because I think he is awesome.

Rivers would be 2nd.

They are all really close though.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:18 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Give me Rivers in the Air C. system, with Turner calling plays. If anything changes, in terms of QB, system or Turner, then I would re-evaluate my decision. But if these 3 components are there I'd take that system first, coach 2nd, QB 3rd, in terms of priority.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:37 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a man crush on Rivers I know Chiefs fans and heck alot of NFL fans hate him but on the field I would take him any day of the week.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:45 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My man crush is Troy Polamalu. The guy is amazing!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:49 AM    (permalink
no bare feet
Veteran

no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rodgers, to me is the best Qb not named Brees, Manning or brady.
no bare feet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:54 AM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I take Roethlisberger, then it's 2A and 2B with Rodgers and Rivers.

Can't deny Roethliserger's playoff success and experience. Might not be the best statistically but I think in terms of what you're looking for in a QB of a championship team, qualities like leadership, consistency, game management, and clutchness (not a word i know) Berger is the best of the 3.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:57 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If my team played in a dome, the west coast, or the south it would be:

1. Rivers
2. Roethlisberger
3. Rodgers

If my team was in the northeast it would be:

1. Roethlisberger
2. Rodgers
3. Rivers
Old 12-16-2009, 08:59 AM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no bare feet View Post
Rivers, to me is the best Qb not named Brees, Manning or brady.
Fixed IMO.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:03 AM    (permalink
Day One Pick
Veteran

Day One Pick is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Day One Pick is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Day One Pick is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Day One Pick is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Day One Pick is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Day One Pick is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Day One Pick is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Day One Pick is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Day One Pick is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Day One Pick is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Day One Pick is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like both these points Phlysac and JF4 made.

Quote:
If concussions weren't an issue, Roethlisberger, certainly. This isn't a fantasy football question. Roethlisberger has 2 Super Bowl victories and, up until the last few weeks, has been more clutch than any QB in the NFL.
Quote:
Can't deny Roethliserger's playoff success and experience. Might not be the best statistically but I think in terms of what you're looking for in a QB of a championship team, qualities like leadership, consistency, game management, and clutchness (not a word i know) Berger is the best of the 3.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:11 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm too biased. Even so, I'd have a tough time choosing between Rivers and Rodgers. Not a big fan of Big Ben even given his success.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:14 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rivers. Rivers. Rivers. Rivers.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:42 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As pro prospects prior to the draft - Rivers.

As pros - Roethlisberger with Rivers a hair behind him. I give the advantage to Big Ben because of the rings.

I could live with Rodgers and not really complain about it.
FUNBUNCHER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:44 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaron Rodgers. Love the guy. Having to sit and wait behind Favre. Dropping on draft day. He comes out and plays his ass off. I can see him tearing up my Vikes D for many years.

Rivers is awesome yes. But I cant stand his cocky mouth. Every time I see his face, I just want to hit it with my fist.

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:54 AM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is really tough. I'm biased though, I've watched every Rodgers game and am as hardcore Packer fan as there is and I know Rodgers is lights out. He has the arm, the smarts, the wheels, the accuracy, and the leadership. Only thing he needs to do is get to the playoffs, which he will this year. But I still almost went Rivers, he's really, really good. Roethlisberger was just a notch below IMO, though I still think he's a top 6 QB in terms of who you'd want on your team for the long haul.

Last edited by Mr.Regular : 12-16-2009 at 09:57 AM.
Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:05 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hahahahhaha
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:13 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No question its gotta be Rivers. Big Ben has the rings but he also had the best defense and the Steelers won the first of the two recent Superbowls despite Roethlisberger's performance.

For a franchise QB for the next ten years I cant look passed Rivers. Big Ben and Aaron Rodgers have the same thing in common where they hold on to the ball trying to make plays and it can either help or hurt the team. As far as pure QB and leader goes Rivers wins and it's not close IMO

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rivers is a stud.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:21 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big Ben is the only one with rings, and he's a master of avoiding sacks and buying time for the big play.....buuuuuut.....

Give me Rivers.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:22 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rivers, with Rodgers just a bit behind. Big Ben is too inconsistent for my liking.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:24 AM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want a guy who doesn't lose in December except this Christmas...Rivers it is!

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Steelers defense didn't blow 5 4th quarter leads this year people would think Ben was having a great year.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Day One Pick
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
If the Steelers defense didn't blow 5 4th quarter leads this year people would think Ben was having a great year.

Yeah you're right. His numbers are only a tad behind Rodgers and Rivers numbers, really only in TD passes and Ben missed one game. He's 3 behind Rivers and 6 behind Rodgers.

Don't forget to mention the special teams TD's and big returns against the Steelers this year.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:43 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For me it'd be Rodgers, no question. Huge fan of his.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote