Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 12-16-2009, 11:08 AM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Trading Calvin..

There has been significant talk about how good of a deal this could potentially be for the Lions. What does everyone here think?

I feel if we could get a couple good picks for him then lets do it. By the time this team comes around he will want to be the highest paid WR in the league. I know he stretches the defense and has a lot of value, I just think for the right price there could be a great deal for the Lions somewhere out there.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:15 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't deem him untouchable, but I don't think any team would be willing to pay what I'd want for him. Something like this year's 1st, 3rd, and 5th plus next year's 1st would get my attention.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:59 AM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A team like Baltimore could be interested in a deal like that.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:00 PM    (permalink
detknowitall
Veteran

detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.

1st, 2nd, 3rd this year and 1st, and 3rd next year plus a player would be a good starting point. Anything less than that, I would deem him untouchable. Except maybe trading for Drew Brees and Colston. Or Philip Rivers and the entire secondary from the Chargers.

"We got our Schwartz tangled"
detknowitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 01:05 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AHHAAHH det now it all, hahahaha. I know Calvin is good but come on.

Probably more realistic is P-L's trade and that could happen, 1,3,5 not to much for CJ, and asking for the extra first is reasonable. Though they might want another player then maybe Sims.

Most likely case would be 1, 4, 1....somewhere around there. Its gonna be at least 2 first round picks.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:06 PM    (permalink
detknowitall
Veteran

detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
AHHAAHH det now it all, hahahaha. I know Calvin is good but come on.

Probably more realistic is P-L's trade and that could happen, 1,3,5 not to much for CJ, and asking for the extra first is reasonable. Though they might want another player then maybe Sims.

Most likely case would be 1, 4, 1.
Point being i wouldnt trade him on any fair deal it would have to be something rediculous along the lines of the saints trading their entire draft for Ricky Williams.

Old 12-16-2009, 01:08 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id take him on New England for this years first, oaklands first next year and a 4th

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Id take him on New England for this years first, oaklands first next year and a 4th
I'd be willing to give up a lot to get Calvin. Moss is getting up there but he still has some good years left, giving Brady Calvin/Moss/Welker would be amazing. We have some big holes though and I doubt we make a move where we would have to give up that much.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detknowitall View Post
Point being i wouldnt trade him on any fair deal it would have to be something rediculous along the lines of the saints trading their entire draft for Ricky Williams.
we will trade you our entire draft this year!

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 01:23 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWnThEfiElD View Post
There has been significant talk about how good of a deal this could potentially be for the Lions. What does everyone here think?

I feel if we could get a couple good picks for him then lets do it. By the time this team comes around he will want to be the highest paid WR in the league. I know he stretches the defense and has a lot of value, I just think for the right price there could be a great deal for the Lions somewhere out there.
Where? Local radio? I'm curious.

I think it's next to impossible that it actually happens because you don't have any other threats on the outside and just drafted a strong-armed QB to grow with him...
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i have no problem trading him. the picks we get would form the core of our team. that is more of an impact for us than simply having one guy who is getting killed every week by defenses. i can't remember the last time he was fully healthy.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 01:36 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't read the thread yet.. but I was gonna make this same exact thread earlier in the AM hours.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:37 PM    (permalink
detknowitall
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
we will trade you our entire draft this year!
Your draft is wearing #6 and just threw another pick.

Old 12-16-2009, 01:46 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would trade Calvin.. We got a 1 and 3 for Roy Williams basically.. Calvin is younger, taller, faster.. basically better all around. And he isn't a diva. I know we ripped Dallas off in the trade but that should be a starting point.

We would have no weapons in the offense though, so that'd suck. We could build up the Defense and OL with what we got for Calvin, but that slows Stafford's progress.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:57 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
I would trade Calvin.. We got a 1 and 3 for Roy Williams basically.. Calvin is younger, taller, faster.. basically better all around. And he isn't a diva. I know we ripped Dallas off in the trade but that should be a starting point.

We would have no weapons in the offense though, so that'd suck. We could build up the Defense and OL with what we got for Calvin, but that slows Stafford's progress.
It would be ok though. The Pats will trade for him and you can draft Gerald McCoy and Jason Fox in the 1st this year then take Julio Jones next year with Oakland's pick. Everyone's happy...except Al Davis

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 02:00 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id love to have Calvin on this team(should already have been but we dicided to take Russell :( ). Id say his value would be around a 1st and 4th this year and 2nd next year

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Id love to have Calvin on this team(should already have been but we dicided to take Russell :( ). Id say his value would be around a 1st and 4th this year and 2nd next year
I wouldn't trade him if that was the best offer. That is barely better than what we got for Roy Williams. If the team isn't going to start the offer with two 1st round picks than they shouldn't bother calling.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:23 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Where? Local radio? I'm curious.

I think it's next to impossible that it actually happens because you don't have any other threats on the outside and just drafted a strong-armed QB to grow with him...
It's been something to talk about on local radio, plus there was an article about it on the Free Press web site today
Old 12-16-2009, 02:23 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

What if St. Louis/Tampa offered the #1 Overall for him straight up?

We could go out of the draft with Suh and Berry/Okung.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Fred Savage
Rookie

Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope something like this goes down. It is the only way this team can become competitive quickly. Calvin is a great player but the Lidowns can fill so many holes and build an entire defense with a trade like this.
Fred Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 02:40 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

It would need to be a Herschel Walker type deal, or close to. Look what that did for the Cowboys, it could be franchise changing.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** trading Calvin Johnson. It just creates another huge hole for this team and would hinder Stafford who has shown signs but isn't a QB that can just do whatever he wants with no receivers yet. Maybe in 4 years like Brees became but that is even asking alot. Besides the 5 rookie starters and Foote/Peterson, he's the lone talent we have now. The last 2 times Detroit traded talent we got nothing in return and it crippled us. Of course it was for washed players as Millen got fleeced with Bell/Foster and a 3rd/Bodden. Two 1sts are far from gurantees though even with Mayhew's 2009 success, Calvin is a gurantee for 3 more seasons. Lions should just continue to build through the draft and by 2011 do everything possible to resign Calvin. Offseason 2012(maybe 2013 depending on his contract) is when we would have to franchise him. Its not like we would let him walk out the door without a franchise tag(which would be 2012 season).

Roy was a different story to let go, 1) we had Calvin and 2) he was at the end of his contract and wanted to go to Texas no matter what and the rebuilding was just beginning with Roy. And we still haven't replaced Roy. Pettigrew had a decent rookie year and does other things in the blocking department but Pettigrew/Derrick Williams/Bryant Johnson/Northcutt haven't replaced Roy. Calvin is under contract for 2 years maybe 3 I need to check which would be awesome. Towards the end of Calvins contract we could be better if Mayhew keeps having successful drafts, then he would want to resign here. We don't have a 2005 1st rounder or 2006 1st rounder to resign with Mike Williams and Sims so we'll have money for Calvin. Heck we don't have 2002,2003 or 2004 1st rounder to resign either. Stafford,Calvin and Julian Peterson(all salary) and 2010 1st rounder will be our only expensive players.

Last edited by Maybe Next Year Millen2 : 12-16-2009 at 02:48 PM.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 02:59 PM    (permalink
detknowitall
Veteran

Quote:

Um the word NO comes to mind.

Old 12-16-2009, 03:55 PM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

That thought of that combo does incite a party in my pants (invitations in the mail), but then our offense becomes the Bears offense: Gun-slinger QB, with so-so running game, and WRs that make Devin Hester look like a #1.

We are essentially the Bears offense right now, plus an all-star reciever. Someone brought up the plugging one hole by making a new one. I would agree, but I would like to solve the DT issue more than have a wideout who sometimes only gets 1 reception per game.

I dunno; I'm torn. I'm a trenches guy, but our QB-> WR combo of the future is gone if we do this.
What Would Matt Millen Do?
tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:01 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

Quote:

No. Absolutely not. The financial commitment would be absurd. We'd have to pay Suh $40 million guaranteed and Berry/Okung $25-$30 million guaranteed. If the cap stays, then we are still on the hook for Calvin's signing bonus.