Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 12-28-2009, 06:16 AM    (permalink
DreadedDatSkinsFan
Rookie

DreadedDatSkinsFan DreadedDatSkinsFan DreadedDatSkinsFan DreadedDatSkinsFan DreadedDatSkinsFan DreadedDatSkinsFan DreadedDatSkinsFan DreadedDatSkinsFan DreadedDatSkinsFan DreadedDatSkinsFan DreadedDatSkinsFan
Default Welp, another disastrous season for us...BUT

I do see one positive (if that's what you want to call it)...

We are now in the Eric Berry sweepstakes baby. Knowing us we will blow the money, but a loss to San Diego on Sunday combined w/ a Kansas City and Cleveland win will give us a top 5 pick. Hell if we lose and the Bucs win we will BOTH be 4-12, but we have the tie breaker against them :( ...

Yes I know left tackle is a bigger need, but you can't pass on the biggest talent not named Suh in the draft. Not only would drafting Berry allow us to play Landry closer to the line where he belongs, it would also allow us to do crazy schemes defensively. (E.g playing Horton, Landry and Berry on passing downs blitzing from every which away). Don't get me wrong man I completely understand that Campbell, who MUST be resigned in the off season, needs protection but it will sort of be a situation like Oakland taking Robert Gallery (who was a better prospect than both Russell Okung and Trent Williams) instead of the late, great Sean Taylor in 04; I bet Al Davis would take ST over Gallery in a heartbeat now.

By no means am I comparing Eric Berry to ST, but he is the by far the best FS prospect since him. Who better to replace one of the greatest Skins of all time than ERIC BERR-AAAAAAAYE...ERIC BERRY. Now all he has to do is declare and all we have to do is effin lose on Sunday. But then again knowing us, Berry will go back to school and we will beat the Chargers 45-9 on Sunday...SMH

MarkieMark's dream 2010 Redskins mock: Updated 4/9
TRAAAADE DOOOOWN
Round 1- OT Brian Bulaga- Iowa
Round 4- OT Sam Young- Notre Damn
Round 5- C John Estes- Hawaii
Round 7- RB/WR/KR/PR Trindon Holliday- LSU
DreadedDatSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 08:48 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt we lose to the Chargers. I'm fairly certain they are locked into the #2 spot but can't go any higher or lower so with that being said I highly doubt they play their starters at least not more than a quarter or 2.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 09:22 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think we can even beat the chargers backups man
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Berry is tempting but the need on the Oline is too great, IMO. It depends on FA but I just don't see us drafting Berry with Oline & QB being higher priority needs. Time will tell.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:50 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With that said I'll take Berry and a 2nd tier OT at the top of the 2nd round than Okung and the next DB because DB is so weak in this draft class. Berry is the one guy I'd consider taking over Okung. OT is so damn deep in this draft class I think at the top of the 2nd you could get a guy who would be a top 15 pick in the 2011 draft. While the O-line is our most horrendous problem, our secondary is equally disturbing. Think about it, our linebacking corps is great, our D-line consistently gets pressure, it's really our secondary that can't lock on to a man for more than 5 seconds. Granted I highly disagree with our defensive scheme and fully expect changes to come, but our secondary is pitiful.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:55 PM    (permalink
DreadedDatSkinsFan
Rookie

DreadedDatSkinsFan DreadedDatSkinsFan DreadedDatSkinsFan DreadedDatSkinsFan DreadedDatSkinsFan DreadedDatSkinsFan DreadedDatSkinsFan DreadedDatSkinsFan DreadedDatSkinsFan DreadedDatSkinsFan DreadedDatSkinsFan

I agree w/ everything said in this post, including not being able to beat the chargers back ups lol...

This is how I see it, my initial "dream mock" had us drafting Okung in round 1 and Nate Allen with our 2nd pick. I think Okung is goin to be an animal but at the same time I thought Ciron Black was a 1st rounder in a DEEP tackle class last year. So if we have the opportunity to draft the best player not named Suh in the draft and STILL get a tackle that has played great we have to make that move. Plus we can draft a plethora of lineman, s#!t one of them have to be able to play...but watching that secondary has been painful, there has been a few times I wanted to break my damn !

MarkieMark's dream 2010 Redskins mock: Updated 4/9
TRAAAADE DOOOOWN
Round 1- OT Brian Bulaga- Iowa
Round 4- OT Sam Young- Notre Damn
Round 5- C John Estes- Hawaii
Round 7- RB/WR/KR/PR Trindon Holliday- LSU
DreadedDatSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:02 PM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie

treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.

O-line, quarterback(bradford) or McCoy would be my current preference.

Hasnt Berry's stats been down this year,he might be another landry,he certainly isnt built like sean taylor.

Hoping for one of Davis/Campbell/Bulaga or trent Williams to rise up into the top ten.
treyskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 03:31 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treyskins View Post
O-line, quarterback(bradford) or McCoy would be my current preference.

Hasnt Berry's stats been down this year,he might be another landry,he certainly isnt built like sean taylor.

Hoping for one of Davis/Campbell/Bulaga or trent Williams to rise up into the top ten.
we would play berry as a ball hawk FS (which he is), and not make him play in the box and make tackles where his flaws are. although his flaws are very coachable (wrap up and better angles.)

although dont get me wrong berry can lay a big hit as well.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote