Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who would you rather have?
Adrian Peterson 55 39.57%
Chris Johnson 84 60.43%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-18-2009, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The Peterson and Johnson Debate

There is the poll

Here is the article.

Peterson-Johnson Debate

Who would you rather have?
Old 12-18-2009, 01:41 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Johsnon. Peterson is a beast but Johnson is a complete player and doesn't fumble as much as Peterson does.
cvv84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I picked Peterson.
However, I can see arguments for both players. They're both amazing and you can't go wrong with either one.

I went with him just because he can run around/through a defender and can beat almost any defender in a foot race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 01:51 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmmm.... I wonder who I chose?

:D
Old 12-18-2009, 01:53 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now... Chris Johnson.

He just adds so much to the passing game and is extremely elusive. Adrian Peterson is an extremely close second, and I would have taken him last year... But his fumbles are what make me put CJ ahead of him.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where is Ray Rice he averages more yards per touch then Johnson :)

seriously though I feel Johnson is the best RB in the NFL. He is just so complete.
Old 12-18-2009, 02:37 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Johnson. This year he has just taken it to another level, a level that not even Adrian Peterson has gotten to.

He just does everything, and he's the definition of a game breaker.
Old 12-18-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now, Chris Johnson, although I think there's something to be said about the run blocking of both their offensive lines.

But Peterson could easily run for 2,000 next year if Favre retires and swing my vote right back.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 02:48 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CJ because he's better at everything.
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 02:51 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsorace View Post
CJ because he's better at everything.
Really? You think CJ is better at running between the tackles than Peterson. This just isn't true.
Old 12-18-2009, 02:56 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Johnson doesnt have injury and fumbling issues.... so Id take him

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 02:57 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Chris Johnson doesnt have injury and fumbling issues.... so Id take him

Peterson doesn't have injury issues either.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:06 PM    (permalink
JonasBlane
Rookie

JonasBlane hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JonasBlane hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I find it hard to make much of an argument against Chris Johnson. I still like Adrian Peterson's style better, just love how he attacks defenders. But Chris Johnson has the weaker OLine, less weapons around him, more YPC than AD has even dreamed of, is a much better pass catcher and doesn't have AD's fumbling problems.
JonasBlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:09 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasBlane View Post
But Chris Johnson has the weaker OLine.

Absolutely 100% false.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My problem with Peterson is appears to go 4-5 carries, getting no more than 2 yards, and then breaks one for 10 yards. CJ seems to have more consistency in that regard.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Johnson, because he has more yards and he's a pretty cool guy

I REMEMBER ADRIAN PETERSON
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:31 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I REMEMBER ADRIAN PETERSON, too.

CJ is having a better year no doubt, AD looks like he's lost some explosiveness. He needs to lose the weight that he put on in the offseason. If he gets back to that level, he has my vote again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:32 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
My problem with Peterson is appears to go 4-5 carries, getting no more than 2 yards, and then breaks one for 10 yards. CJ seems to have more consistency in that regard.
Someone posted a ridiculous stat earlier this year that showed CJ got 75% of his yards on eleven carries. This was mid-season, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Johnson

Faster, fewer carries on his legs in both college and pros, did I mention he's really freakin fast....like make NFL players look slow fast.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
Someone posted a ridiculous stat earlier this year that showed CJ got 75% of his yards on eleven carries. This was mid-season, too.
I heard DeSean Jackson scores 90% of his touchdowns from over 50 yards too... Do you want to take those carries away from him or something? How many guys get as many 15+ yard gains as CJ? Thats what makes him amazing.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 04:00 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A larger percentage of Chris Johnson's carries have been runs of 10 yards or more. That indicates that he is the better big play threat, but it dispels the notion that he is more consistent. 26% of Johnson's rushing yards have come on 6 carries. That can be good or bad, depending on what type of running back you prefer.

I really like them both, but if you put a gun to my head I'll take Adrian Peterson. Chris Johnson wears down as he gets more carries while Peterson gets stronger. After getting 20 rush, Johnson's yards per carry drops to 3.5 while Adrian Peterson raises his average to 5.0 yards per carry after his 20th rush. That is really important to me. If it is late and the game is close, I want a running back who doesn't wear down as much.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 04:01 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Johnson

Faster, fewer carries on his legs in both college and pros, did I mention he's really freakin fast....like make NFL players look slow fast.
Out running the cops fast?

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 04:03 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
A larger percentage of Chris Johnson's carries have been runs of 10 yards or more. That indicates that he is the better big play threat, but it dispels the notion that he is more consistent. 26% of Johnson's rushing yards have come on 6 carries. That can be good or bad, depending on what type of running back you prefer.

I really like them both, but if you put a gun to my head I'll take Adrian Peterson. Chris Johnson wears down as he gets more carries while Peterson gets stronger. After getting 20 rush, Johnson's yards per carry drops to 3.5 while Adrian Peterson raises his average to 5.0 yards per carry after his 20th rush. That is really important to me. If it is late and the game is close, I want a running back who doesn't wear down as much.
What is AD's YPC before he reaches 20 carries? Its a very tough decision, and of course I'm going to be biased so I ain't going to make a pick but I want to see CJ keep doing what he has been doing for a period of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 04:12 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
I heard DeSean Jackson scores 90% of his touchdowns from over 50 yards too... Do you want to take those carries away from him or something? How many guys get as many 15+ yard gains as CJ? Thats what makes him amazing.
I don't think anyone is suggesting that we ignore Johnson's big plays, but it does bring up the consistency issue. Chris Johnson is typically a 4.0-4.5 yard (which is still great) per carry running back who has the ability to make a huge play more frequently. Those big plays inflate his numbers to make him seem super human. He's doesn't consistently get 6.0 yards per carry like numbers would indicate.

The two players (Peterson and Johnson) are very similar except for the fact that Johnson has more big play ability. That is why most people would give the edge to Johnson. However, the notion that Johnson really gets about 1.5 yards more per carry is a bit skewed.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry, I know what CJ is capable of doing but I love AD's style a lot more.
He'll out muscle you and then out run you. His hands continue to improve.
If I was to create a prototypical RB- he'd come out exactly like AD.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote