Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who would you rather have?
Adrian Peterson 55 39.57%
Chris Johnson 84 60.43%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-18-2009, 04:18 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
What is AD's YPC before he reaches 20 carries?
Peterson averages 4.4 yards before 20 carries and Chris Johnson averages 6.4 in the same situation. Johnson has the huge advantage earlier in the game, but it's astonishing that once he hits that 20 carry barrier his average drops by nearly 3.0 yards per rush.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 04:19 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

Adrian Peterson to me personally.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 04:38 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
I heard DeSean Jackson scores 90% of his touchdowns from over 50 yards too... Do you want to take those carries away from him or something? How many guys get as many 15+ yard gains as CJ? Thats what makes him amazing.
No, but no one's going out there and saying DeSean Jackson will consistently get you 15 yards every time he touches the ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 04:43 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasBlane View Post
But Chris Johnson has the weaker OLine
Chris Johnson has the best O-Line in football.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:04 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Voted Chris Johnson. Just couldn't ignore what he's done for my fantasy team plus I've seen Peterson bottled up more times than I've seen Johnson contained.

tjsunstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:05 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can haz Ray Rice?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:07 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I can haz Ray Rice?
You can haz, but is irrelevant to debate.

CJ. I believe this even after watching AD break the single game record on my team.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:31 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not taking anything away from CJ, but for me it's Adrian Peterson.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:50 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Vikings OL is not exactly a slouch when it comes to run-blocking. Bryant McKinnie and Steve Hutchinson were regarded as the best left side in football.

They both have good OL's, so I don't see how anyone can play the OL card. And even so, Titans fan could just argue that Brett Favre adds more of a passing threat which clears men out of the box more consistently than Vince Young/Kerry Collins do.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:57 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
The Vikings OL is not exactly a slouch when it comes to run-blocking. Bryant McKinnie and Steve Hutchinson were regarded as the best left side in football.

Don't sell them short, they're tremendous slouches. Last year they were solid at run blocking and sucked ass pass protecting and this year it's reversed/.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Chris Johsnon. Peterson is a beast but Johnson is a complete player and doesn't fumble as much as Peterson does.
I don't understand why people still assume Adrian isn't a complete player AD is just as complete of a player as Chris Johnson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsorace
CJ because he's better at everything.
Completely incorrect, the only things CJ has on AD is Top end speed(much faster), and ball security.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That "ball security" thing shouldn't be overlooked though.
That makes me want to pick CJ but my man crush for AD overcomes all legitimate counter arguements

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:40 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CJ every day of the week.

I think it's pointless to try and gauge each player and then take away CJ's big plays, that's pretty much what he provides to the offense. Now maybe his YPC isn't as high after 20 carries, but I do know that literally almost every week in the 4th quarter by the time the defense is gashed, he'll break off a long play and score.

He's basically the feature back, he can get the tough yards inside, is a great receiver, granted these are all things AD does but this year at least CJ has been far more impressive then AD every week. CJ is the best back in the league.

Quote:
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:54 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
CJ every day of the week.

I think it's pointless to try and gauge each player and then take away CJ's big plays, that's pretty much what he provides to the offense. Now maybe his YPC isn't as high after 20 carries, but I do know that literally almost every week in the 4th quarter by the time the defense is gashed, he'll break off a long play and score.

He's basically the feature back, he can get the tough yards inside, is a great receiver, granted these are all things AD does but this year at least CJ has been far more impressive then AD every week. CJ is the best back in the league.
I don't think anyone is trying to take away CJ's big plays. Someone just said that CJ seemed to be the more consistent yardage guy, so I posted the stat. Besides, to me, the only "take away the big play" argument you can make is when someone comes out and decides to say so and so dominated a team because he had 100 yards on 20 carries or whatever. Well if one of those was an 80 yard run, all of a sudden you can see that 20 yards on 19 carries is very unimpressive. That washes out over a season. But if someone can consistently do things like that week in and week out, breaking big plays can't be held against them.

Quote:
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adrian Peterson, though I wouldn't say no to either.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 08:40 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Peterson solves his fumbling problem, I'll take him. But if I had to pick today, I'd go Chris Johnson.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll going with the guy that is the true heir to LT: Chris Johnson
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasBlane View Post
But Chris Johnson has the weaker OLine,
No. They have arguably the top LT, RT, and C.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 10:50 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
I don't understand why people still assume Adrian isn't a complete player AD is just as complete of a player as Chris Johnson.
CJ is a better receiver and better at blitz pickup. I already mentioned CJ as being more careful with the ball too. Whats not to understand?
cvv84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 10:53 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
CJ is a better receiver and better at blitz pickup. I already mentioned CJ as being more careful with the ball too. Whats not to understand?

Peterson is just as good of a receiver as CJ I don't understand why people can't accept the fact that he can catch the ball out of the backfield now.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:06 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Peterson is just as good of a receiver as CJ I don't understand why people can't accept the fact that he can catch the ball out of the backfield now.
Peterson is fine catching out of he back field, but I wouldn't go as far to say he's as good as CJ. That's one area CJ has him beat in.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 11:10 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Peterson is fine catching out of he back field, but I wouldn't go as far to say he's as good as CJ. That's one area CJ has him beat in.

The numbers are almost the same, and the Vikings have a QB that doesn't check down nearly as often as VY/Collins.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:17 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I guess Jerry would still prefer Felix just because he's a Razorback.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why is Chris Johnson a better reciever than Adrian Peterson?? Don't confuse being used more in such capacity for being better. As for blitz pickup don't bring that weak garbage here. Like you sit there and watch both these guys each and every time they pick up a blitz to know who is better at it. They are both complete players that can catch out of the backfield and pick up the blitz whats not to understand about that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
I think people are confusing being used more in that capacity with being better...
Here are their career recieving numbers

AD:76 Rec 712 Yards 9.4 per catch 1 TD CJ:85 rec 651 Yards 7.7 Yards per catch 3 TD

Is Chris Johnson really definitivly better?

This year they both are having career years in receptions/recieving yards and the numbers really aren't that far apart.

AD:36 Rec 319 Yards 8.9 per catch CJ:42 Rec 391 yards 9.4 Per catch 2 TD

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123

I don't understand either.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 11:43 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My location is the safest place in the world...Unless its against the ravens..

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote