Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-22-2009, 01:49 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Brady Quinn on IR, the return of Lord Anderson.

Everyones favorite quarterback has returned for the 2 last games of the season. Ready to improve upon his 2-17 performance, Lord Anderson will be back with a vengeance. Raiders fans should be scared, because it won't be Jerome Harrison or Josh Cribbs breaking records this week, no it will be Lord Anderson throwing for 10 touchdowns or 700 yards. In my opinion the Browns Raiders should be flexed to the Sunday Night game because not enough viewers will be able to watch this offensive Juggernaut take the reins and storm the nfl.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:50 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Derek Anderson can come to the Vikings.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:57 PM    (permalink
robert pancake gallery
Veteran

robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

charlie frye is going to be ready to prove all his critics wrong this week, and he's gonna have a chip on his shoulder against the team that doubted him and tried to end his career; at any rate this is bound to be one of the biggest storylines of the year in the nfl, charlie frye vs derek anderson, two generals bringing their troops into battle
robert pancake gallery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lord Anderson. He will expose Nnamdi Asumugha as just another wannabe and that the Raiders should have kept the great and powerful Fabian Washington instead.

Fabian Washington. He would have saved the Raiders season.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 02:07 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am honestly stunned that we are being treated to a Charlie Frye/Derek Anderson Bowl.

Truly, Christmas is a time for joy and happy spirits.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 02:12 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is the best christmas gift I have ever received, and will be the best browns game i will ever attend.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
Old 12-22-2009, 02:12 PM    (permalink
robert pancake gallery
Veteran

robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I am honestly stunned that we are being treated to a Charlie Frye/Derek Anderson Bowl.

Truly, Christmas is a time for joy and happy spirits.
i'm looking forward to the johnnie lee higgins vs brandon mcdonald matchup
robert pancake gallery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Derek Anderson is going to throw the ball for 500 yards, in one attempt.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:20 PM    (permalink
ROADBLOCK
Rookie

ROADBLOCK hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Anderson is going to have a fluke game this weekend, which is going to further mess everything up for the Browns. They're going to have another QB battle resulting in confusion and another bad season, even with all the talent they have. Look at what the RUNNING game did to win for us over Kansas City.

Start Brett Ratliff!
ROADBLOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:45 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROADBLOCK View Post
Anderson is going to have a fluke game this weekend, which is going to further mess everything up for the Browns. They're going to have another QB battle resulting in confusion and another bad season, even with all the talent they have. Look at what the RUNNING game did to win for us over Kansas City.

Start Brett Ratliff!
Lord Anderson disapproves, you will be smited soon.

Old 12-22-2009, 09:46 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Durability concerns are legit at this point. Isn't this his 2nd season in a row going on IR, in which both seasons he didn't even start the year as the starter? So basically he hasn't finished a season and he wasn't even made the starter until late in the year both times, that would worry me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Durability concerns are legit at this point. Isn't this his 2nd season in a row going on IR, in which both seasons he didn't even start the year as the starter? So basically he hasn't finished a season and he wasn't even made the starter until late in the year both times, that would worry me.
Believe it or not, Quinn did start the year. He just got pulled after 4-5 weeks.

his week 1 stat line:

21/35, 205 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 10:43 PM    (permalink
ROADBLOCK
Rookie

Don't get me wrong, I was as happy as everyone when we actally had a winning season and Derek Anderson went to the Pro Bowl. but his supar production in the subsequent years leads me to believe he was a one hit wonder. Back to 3rd string he needs to go!
Old 12-23-2009, 02:51 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe no one has pointed out Eric Mangini is the head coach of the Browns.

Mangenious (yes, I realize you spell it genius, search urbandictionary for "genious") will manage to screw it up somehow.
descendency is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 03:55 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unleash the Dragon!

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 01:40 PM    (permalink
ROADBLOCK
Rookie

I'm betting that even if Derek Anderson posts a couple of strong games, he's going bye-bye after the end of the season. Hopefully he looks decent enough that we can get somebody to give up a draft pick for him.
Old 12-23-2009, 01:53 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROADBLOCK View Post
I'm betting that even if Derek Anderson posts a couple of strong games, he's going bye-bye after the end of the season. Hopefully he looks decent enough that we can get somebody to give up a draft pick for him.
Yeah man at least we have Brady Quinn the ninja assassin to lead us to victories hes the real deal!

Old 12-23-2009, 09:16 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Garbage.

Why even try with Anderson? We've gone down this route. He sucks, end of story. The front office has to be idiotic if they think they can get trade value for the guy, no team will trade for him just based on TWO games. And that's even if they ignore his horrendous play earlier this season.

Ratliff supposedly has a lot of potential, give him a go. I think that when Anderson is sucking against the Raiders, Ratliff'll be in at halftime.
NotRickJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:43 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotRickJames View Post
Garbage.

Why even try with Anderson? We've gone down this route. He sucks, end of story. The front office has to be idiotic if they think they can get trade value for the guy, no team will trade for him just based on TWO games. And that's even if they ignore his horrendous play earlier this season.

Ratliff supposedly has a lot of potential, give him a go. I think that when Anderson is sucking against the Raiders, Ratliff'll be in at halftime.
Because Mangini probably thinks he can keep his job if he ends the season on a 4 game win streak...

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:45 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Because Mangini probably thinks he can keep his job if he ends the season on a 4 game win streak...
Ratliff would be hard-pressed to be worse than Anderson. This guy completes 42% of his passes and just earlier this year went 2/17.....
Old 12-23-2009, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ratliff would be hard-pressed to be worse than Anderson. This guy completes 42% of his passes and just earlier this year went 2/17.....
That's two more completions than Ratliff has in his whole 2 year career. If Mangini was looking for the future of his team, it would be smart to play Ratliff, but at this point I think another QB controversy would be a terrible idea.

Mangini needs to enter 2010 with his QB decided (Brady Quinn) and Derek Anderson has to be traded. These next two games have a chance to increase Anderson's stock, and the risk is low because currently his stock can't go any lower.

Furthermore, Anderson has way more experience in the current system and just more experience in the NFL. Just because he performed poorly earlier doesn't mean he's destined to perform poorly now. If we could predict a player's next performance based on his past, then Derek Anderson would have thrown 30 TDs last year after throwing 29 TDs in 2007.

Simply put: Anderson should be in his prime right now, it's been 4 years since his first snap, and he's looked good before. Any coach, not just Mangini, would be thrown through a loop with this guy and what to do with him.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Zycho32
Veteran

Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Lord Anderson disapproves, you will be smited soon.
No problem; just wear a Browns Jersey.
Zycho32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 11:50 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Dude ratliff is the best player ever he has a ton of snaps in the NFL and is clearly awesome considering he hasn't even gotten consideration to start over our two ****** qbs! He is clearly leaps and bounds better than Tom Brady and its insane to fathom why he hasn't gotten a start.

Old 12-24-2009, 01:41 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OMGYESSSSSSSS

DRAGONZzZzZZ SHALL BE UNLEASHED!!!1!1!!@!!!1

Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 07:34 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
That's two more completions than Ratliff has in his whole 2 year career. If Mangini was looking for the future of his team, it would be smart to play Ratliff, but at this point I think another QB controversy would be a terrible idea.

Mangini needs to enter 2010 with his QB decided (Brady Quinn) and Derek Anderson has to be traded. These next two games have a chance to increase Anderson's stock, and the risk is low because currently his stock can't go any lower.

Furthermore, Anderson has way more experience in the current system and just more experience in the NFL. Just because he performed poorly earlier doesn't mean he's destined to perform poorly now. If we could predict a player's next performance based on his past, then Derek Anderson would have thrown 30 TDs last year after throwing 29 TDs in 2007.

Simply put: Anderson should be in his prime right now, it's been 4 years since his first snap, and he's looked good before. Any coach, not just Mangini, would be thrown through a loop with this guy and what to do with him.
No team in their right mind is going to trade anything for Derek Anderson.....Matt Millen isn't a GM anymore.

And by the way - he's never looked good before. I'm a Browns fan and saw him play when he threw 29 TD's in a season. He was bailed by Braylon and Winslow, never looked accurate. He SUCKS. There's zero sense in playing him now, and I expect he'll be benched by halftime vs the Raiders.