Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 12-23-2009, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 16 Packers-Seahawks

Well, I guess we have atleast one story line to follow heading in to this week.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-tapp-bit-him/

Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers claims that Darryl Tapp bit him last year.

"Yeah, he bit me through my long sleeve that I was wearing," Rodgers said Wednesday, per Greg Bedard of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "There wasn't a whole lot of words spoken. I looked down and my arm was hurt and it felt like a bee sting. I was looking down and he was biting my arm so I had to get his teeth off my shoulder.

...Not that they need any extra motivation with the playoffs looming, but it's interesting nonetheless.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:12 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This game is a MUST win. I'd love to win out to ensure a playoff bearth but we need to win this one to put the pressure on the Giants.
cvv84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:38 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not to call Rodgers a liar or anything....but...

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/80007692.html

The play in question, Tapp has a full cage helmet with his chinstrap buckled tight and a mouthguard in. Somehow I just dont think Tapp bit him.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:06 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well ... outside of the Tapp/Rodgers stuff anything else exciting about this game? My dad & I are flying in from Detroit for a first time to Lambeau Field trip! Looking forward to the frozen tundra part (borrowed some Carhart's to fit in) and will look forward to visiting several local establishments in GB.
Go Pack ... I hope you do make the play offs!

By the way what are the local GB hot spots? Hook a brotha up ;o)
Old 12-23-2009, 11:29 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINCE1978 View Post
Well ... outside of the Tapp/Rodgers stuff anything else exciting about this game? My dad & I are flying in from Detroit for a first time to Lambeau Field trip! Looking forward to the frozen tundra part (borrowed some Carhart's to fit in) and will look forward to visiting several local establishments in GB.
Go Pack ... I hope you do make the play offs!

Usually The Bar (actual name) or the Stadium View Bar are good places to go right around the stadium. Brett Favre's Steakhouse if you want a nice dinner and are staying in proximity to the stadium. There's a Hooters in the neighborhood or the Tilted Kilt which is kinda the same thing but more of an irish pub setting.

I'm from Appleton which is like 30 minutes from Green Bay so maybe someone who lives there can give you a better idea of where to go.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I'm from Oshkosh, so I couldn't tell you the best local spots, but I do know no matter who the Packers are playing...Just going to a Packer game in the snow is an experience in and of itself.

As far as other "exciting" storylines I guess there's the 2 playoff games Green bay beat Seattle in the past couple years. Hasselback going from back up here to starter in Seattle then saying "we want the ball, we're gonna score" in OT are always some things I (love to) remember when the two teams meet up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzpowxGfVFE

Never gets old.

Old 12-24-2009, 12:06 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Ryan Grant's big fumble to start divisional round of the playoffs against the Seahawks followed by his 200 yards rushing in that game was another moment to remember for me.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:31 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now that I'm home from school I can go to a game, yay! Too bad the Seahawks have been struggling but at least it could be a playoff clinching game

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Ryan Grant's big fumble to start divisional round of the playoffs against the Seahawks followed by his 200 yards rushing in that game was another moment to remember for me.
I worked in a concession stand for that game to raise money for our Rugby club's road trip the following summer... I nearly called in a bomb threat when the Packers were down 14-0.

It's damn near impossible to serve a brat with a smile when you think your team's season is over in the 1st quarter of a playoff game. Whewwww.

Old 12-24-2009, 03:40 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers claims that Darryl Tapp bit him last year.
Tapp= one Lucky guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
Not to call Rodgers a liar or anything....but...

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/80007692.html

The play in question, Tapp has a full cage helmet with his chinstrap buckled tight and a mouthguard in. Somehow I just dont think Tapp bit him.
Look at the pics, it obviously happened.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 03:41 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINCE1978 View Post

http://www.titletownbrewing.com/

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 12-24-2009, 04:29 AM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

We should be able to pull this one out.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 11:04 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Tapp= one Lucky guy.

Look at the pics, it obviously happened.

I did look at the pics. It would be physically impossible for Tapp to bite him through all that protective gear. All I see is Rodgers getting pissed about something and shoving his head into the turf. Maybe he got pinched or something, but a bite? No way.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:11 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
I did look at the pics. It would be physically impossible for Tapp to bite him through all that protective gear. All I see is Rodgers getting pissed about something and shoving his head into the turf. Maybe he got pinched or something, but a bite? No way.
His arm could've gotten into the facemask, its not impossible. I still think its a pinch but really who gives a flying ****? Its a slow news week during a holiday.
Old 12-24-2009, 01:21 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If you're looking for something close to the stadium then this isn't the greatest option, seeing as it's a little drive from the stadium

If you go along Holmgren Way, you'll find something good

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 08:13 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaron Rodgers doesn't feel pain. Just annoyances.

I'm going with option B, Alex. Tapp's facemask pinched him.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 09:08 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Aaron Rodgers doesn't feel pain. Just annoyances.

I'm going with option B, Alex. Tapp's facemask pinched him.
Rodgers said he had Tapp's bite mark in his arm and had to pry his mouth off of his arm while he was biting him. That's not something you make up? He bit him.

http://www.packers.com/multimedia/vi..._065ee744b4a6/

they get smoked.

Old 12-24-2009, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Rodgers said he had Tapp's bite mark in his arm and had to pry his mouth off of his arm while he was biting him. That's not something you make up? He bit him.

http://www.packers.com/multimedia/vi..._065ee744b4a6/
Stuff like that happens all the time...I don't think Rodgers cares all that much, and I'm guessing he is more focused on winning and getting his team to the playoffs. Still, I remember the game and seeing Rodgers shove his face down and rubbing his arm. Why would he make it up?

Either way, he's not Albert Haynesworth. I'll let Tapp bite me anywhere he wants if it means the Packers win.

Old 12-25-2009, 01:07 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Packers win and either a Cowboys or Giants loss = playoffs

Lets take care of business boys
Old 12-25-2009, 02:14 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Packers win and either a Cowboys or Giants loss = playoffs

Lets take care of business boys
Cowboys play the Redskins. Longshot for a 'Boys loss but it's still December so we'll keep our fingers crossed. Our best shot is a Panthers upset vs. the Giants

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

SI.com says the most likely scenario is Green Bay winning out and getting the #5 seed. If Arizona wins this week, they will most likely be able to rest starters in week 17 and won't want to show too much to Green Bay with the probability they will play 1st round.

I like the idea of winning out. Let's just do that eh? Plus, if Green Bay loses at home to Seattle, they don't deserve the playoffs anyway.

Old 12-26-2009, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

I think this should be an easy game as long as take it seriously. Seattle hasn't been that threatening this year, but meh, Tampa Bay was supposed to be a gimme too.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 01:07 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Typical Packers start. Win the toss and elect to receive. Go nowhere on 1st possession. Take a sack. Punt.
Old 12-27-2009, 01:13 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Wow on 3rd and short the Seahawks throw a pass right to Hawk. Brad Jones with nice pressure there. Phew that was a HUGE stop for us.
Old 12-27-2009, 01:32 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

This is pathetic. McCarthy and Rodgers are reverting back to that phase where they're looking for the homerun strike. Take whats given and move the chains. This is a must win game and we're lucky to be up 7-0 right now with the way the offense is playing.