Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-26-2009, 06:23 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's because of a heart problem.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...ry/rumor-mill/
Old 12-26-2009, 06:23 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, is there anyone on the staff left that they can promote or will they look at other head coaches?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 06:26 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And he is going to coach in the bowl game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4772952
Old 12-26-2009, 06:26 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Yeah, is there anyone on the staff left that they can promote or will they look at other head coaches?
Talk about bad timing for Charlie Strong, I mean he couldn't help it, but there is no doubt he would have rather stayed in Gainesville than Louisville.

They are already saying that the team will most likely look around the country than inside the program.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 06:27 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
That's probably why Strong and Gonzo left in the first place. And really, there is no one left to promote.

I wonder who they are going to go after, though. Possible return of Tubberville to the SEC?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, this is shocking. Wish Meyer the best. God only knows what candidates they'd be looking at now.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 06:28 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WHOA MAMA..Get Well soon Urban
Old 12-26-2009, 06:31 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Absolutely shocking. I was stunned reading about it...I really though he could be another Joe Pa or Bobby Bowden and coach there for a good long time.....one of the best schools in the nation easily, I thought he'd never leave.

If it is due to health problems, I hope he gets well soon. It will be VERY interesting to see what direction the school goes in for its next head coach. I'd bet someone with ties to the SEC....hard to say though.
Old 12-26-2009, 06:32 PM    (permalink
No_
Rookie

No_ hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

******* sucks.

can't really replace a guy like that. i hope they go for somebody like Butch Davis, who can recruit like ******* crazy in Florida.
No_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 06:40 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_ View Post
******* sucks.

can't really replace a guy like that. i hope they go for somebody like Butch Davis, who can recruit like ******* crazy in Florida.
They should be able to hand pick their next guy. The only untouchable guys would probably be Saban, Carroll, and Mack Brown.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 06:42 PM    (permalink
No_
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
They should be able to hand pick their next guy. The only untouchable guys would probably be Saban, Carroll, and Mack Brown.
Very true. It is one of the best jobs in the country. Just a shame to lose your best player, and your best coach in one year.

I've always been a Butch fan. His Miami teams were nasty. He'd be at the top of my list.

No other names are jumping out to me right now.
Old 12-26-2009, 06:43 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd probably say Tressell too. I usually think of Texas, USC and Ohio State as being in that top echelon of programs with Florida. They can dominate recruiting in their own areas and steal them out of other areas anywhere in the country....

Maybe Bob Stoops?
Old 12-26-2009, 06:44 PM    (permalink
No_
Rookie

The other thing is, unless you go with a spread guy, you've got to implement an entirely new offensive system. UGH
Old 12-26-2009, 06:49 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
The other thing is, unless you go with a spread guy, you've got to implement an entirely new offensive system. UGH
Plenty of them out there though, definitely has taken over much of college football. Not many teams out there who don't implement some form of the spread these days.
Old 12-26-2009, 06:51 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hear Charlie Weis is available.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steve Spurrier maybe?
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good for him. he gets to leave on top and still has time to live life a little easier now. probably will add 10 years to his life.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 07:07 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I'd probably say Tressell too. I usually think of Texas, USC and Ohio State as being in that top echelon of programs with Florida. They can dominate recruiting in their own areas and steal them out of other areas anywhere in the country....

Maybe Bob Stoops?
That's true. Forgot about Tressell/Ohio St. Ohio is a hotbed of talent. I think Stoops is gettable for Florida, since it's a slightly better job. That's a $5-million contract waiting to happen though.

Harbaugh, Ferentz, Butch Davis, and Gary Patterson should all be gettable though. Will Muschamp is a guy I really like too - he was my #1 guy to replace Fulmer for the Vols (#2 was Lane Kiffin).

The SEC East is gonna be up in the air next year, and I wonder what this does to Florida's recruiting class which is #3 on Rivals.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 07:10 PM    (permalink
No_
Rookie

Quote:
That's true. Forgot about Tressell/Ohio St. Ohio is a hotbed of talent. I think Stoops is gettable for Florida, since it's a slightly better job. That's a $5-million contract waiting to happen though.

Harbaugh, Ferentz, Butch Davis, and Gary Patterson should all be gettable though.

The SEC East is gonna be up in the air next year, and I wonder what this does to Florida's recruiting class which is #3 on Rivals.
Hell no on Sprurier. He is old and washed up. Don't want to ruin the memories.

No thanks to Harbaugh. Doesn't have the track record. No thanks to Ferentz. Davis is obviously my favorite. Gary Patterson would be second pick, but he'd need to get a sick offensive co-ordinator. Otherwise, no way.
Old 12-26-2009, 07:14 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Hell no on Sprurier. He is old and washed up. Don't want to ruin the memories.

No thanks to Harbaugh. Doesn't have the track record. No thanks to Ferentz. Davis is obviously my favorite. Gary Patterson would be second pick, but he'd need to get a sick offensive co-ordinator. Otherwise, no way.
Idk...I think you overrate Davis. What has he really done since being back at North Carolina? The ACC is totally winnable every year...the only real "power" they feature is Virginia Tech, and even they're not annually great. I'd have liked to see him do more there.

If Stoops can be had, I think he should be very high on the list. There was a lot of talk about him to Notre Dame when it was open, and there was just too much smoke there for there not have been fire, so that leads me to believe that he can indeed be had.
Old 12-26-2009, 07:15 PM    (permalink
No_
Rookie

Quote:
Idk...I think you overrate Davis. What has he really done since being back at North Carolina? The ACC is totally winnable every year...the only real "power" they feature is Virginia Tech, and even they're not annually great. I'd have liked to see him do more there.

If Stoops can be had, I think he should be very high on the list. There was a lot of talk about him to Notre Dame when it was open, and there was just too much smoke there for there not have been fire, so that leads me to believe that he can indeed be had.
NC is a horrible football school though. He still recruits like crazy at a basketball school, and has them going to bowl games every year.

Stoops wouldn't be bad either.
Old 12-26-2009, 07:21 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see how Florida is a better school than many others, they had little to no championship history before Myer, they will probably promote from within or something

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 07:24 PM    (permalink
No_
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I don't see how Florida is a better school than many others, they had little to no championship history before Myer, they will probably promote from within or something
Great recent history (last 20 years), awesome recruiting base, great athletic director, great pay, great boosters, great facilities

i highly doubt they promote from within. mullen and strong are both gone.
Old 12-26-2009, 07:26 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Utah has another elite coach with a similar system.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 07:27 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

5 straight 10 win seasons & looking for #6 against the Vols. That makes us #2 on the active streak list. Sorry I couldn't help it. :) ;).

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote