Plus memorable snapshot moments of the yr. The Urban Meyer story is still unfolding as is the Leach story at Texas Tech getting legs, both may qualify here, pls. nominate a few of your own.
For the Feel-Good story of the yr. it's got to to be Mark Herzlich's beating cancer.
Runnersup: The way Andrew Luck, Toby Gerhart, Stanford HC Harbaugh & the 2 programs inthe state of Oregon reminded Pac 10 fans that SC & Pete Carroll no longer own the conference. Also the Temple & SMU turnarounds.
The Feel-Bad story is the way so many games, regular season & crucial post-season ones, were decided by the zebras instead of the players. It sparked the most controversy I've seen from posters here last yr. Worst case was the Big 12 CG, that extra second added on the clock to maintain 2 undefeated teams in the Big Game. IMO it was the most blatant BS ruling since the Bush Push at ND a few seasons ago. The SEC officiating (or lack of it) with coach(es) fined for comments got the most ink, but the Big 12 CG endgame easily had the biggest result & leaves Nebraska fans angry. LSU @ Florida, LSU @ Bama, Arkansas @ Florida, UGA vs. Florida, LSU @ Washington & the timekeeping that LSU HC Les Miles effed up vs. Ole Miss also all had questionable results.
Snapshot moments from 09:
- Jahvid Best's arm gone stiff as he scores on his back for Cal with a KO concussion
- The look of disgust on Pellini's face after the Texas FG
- Tebow crying on the bench after losing the SECCG
- Harbaugh face to face at midfield with Carroll after Stanford hung the school rcd. most points on an SC team, saying "What's YOUR deal??!"
- Suh flinging Colt McCoy like a ragdoll getting 4.5 sacks in the Big 12 CG
- Terrence Cody's 2nd blocked FG ftw vs. Tennessee at Bama
- Notre Dame receivers' circus catches vs. Michigan & Stanford
- Smirk on Mike Leach's face in his "fat little GFs" press conference
- Tim Tebow's blindside sack & concussion at Kentucky