Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 03-12-2007, 03:37 PM    (permalink
machoking6

Does it bother/baffle anybody else as to why these experts from NFL.com, CNNSI.com, ESPN.com, etc, seem to project us getting CBs (Aaron Ross most notably)? Don't get me wrong, I think Ross is very good and I would love to have him if we lacked quality at the position, but fortunately we have great quality at the CB position with Lito, Sheldon, Will James, and Joselio Hanson. Drafting a CB in the 1st round would mean that we're drafting someone to be our 4th CB. It doesn't make sense to me.

With that being said, let me throw out a hypothetical situation to you all. A majority of us would like Patrick Willis or Michael Griffin. Let's say those 2 are off the board. Who would you want the Eagles to draft instead? (Be reasonable)
Old 03-12-2007, 03:46 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the top guys are off the board, the best option for the Eagles is to trade back and pick up solid talent and extra picks to accumulate more talented players. I think a lot of the teams in the lower portions of the draft would like 2 first rounders, so the Eagles should be willing to move back if the price is right.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:38 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
If the top guys are off the board, the best option for the Eagles is to trade back and pick up solid talent and extra picks to accumulate more talented players. I think a lot of the teams in the lower portions of the draft would like 2 first rounders, so the Eagles should be willing to move back if the price is right.
I think it would be very hard to trade back this year. I actually see it as more likely that we trade up than down. We don't have too many needs, actually. But to go back to the original question, yes it does baffle my mind that they have us drafting CBs. But if Griffin and Willis were gone and we wouldn't trade down, I think we may go after Posluszny, Beason, Charles Johnson, Jarvis Moss (if available) or maybe a WR if all of those guys were gone as well. Possible WRs would be Meachem, Ginn (if he falls), or Dwayne Bowe. But I really don't see us going after a WR in the first unless our big board is ripped to shreads. I wouldn't be against trading down, but I find it unlikely that it happens and impossible to predict at this point in time.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

ESPN is joke, don't go by them.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:41 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41 View Post
ESPN is joke, don't go by them.
OK, I'll make sure to take your advice, Mr. Three Red Rep Bars.

Old 03-12-2007, 06:06 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

Are you serious? You trust ESPN? They are the laughing stock of all sports shows.

You think Sean Sualsberry, Mark Schlerith, and Mel Kiper know anything special?

You watch ESPN? ask anyone, they are a joke.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:14 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41 View Post
Are you serious? You trust ESPN? They are the laughing stock of all sports shows.

You think Sean Sualsberry, Mark Schlerith, and Mel Kiper know anything special?

You watch ESPN? ask anyone, they are a joke.
They all have been able to keep there jobs haven't they? I'm not saying I trust them, I'm saying I don't trust YOU, TNewFan41.

Old 03-12-2007, 07:17 PM    (permalink
mikesmdone

Is Dustin Fox still under contract with the Eagles also?
Old 03-12-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we are set at CB with Lito, Sheldon, James, and Hanson for this year.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

We will still either draft one late or go into UDFA to get a CB.

Old 03-12-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmdone View Post
Is Dustin Fox still under contract with the Eagles also?
I think he is, but I would check the web page if you want to be certain.

Old 03-14-2007, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think we can count on Dustin Fox to do anything significant for the team.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:38 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldnt mind Moss, but i dont think Griffin will be gone by our pick, though crazy thing do happen,

Moss if looks like Kearse, but he is missing that speed and bulk, if we were to get him in the second that would be a good pick i think him in the first is not a good idea,
Old 03-14-2007, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
I wouldnt mind Moss, but i dont think Griffin will be gone by our pick, though crazy thing do happen,

Moss if looks like Kearse, but he is missing that speed and bulk, if we were to get him in the second that would be a good pick i think him in the first is not a good idea,

Moss is projected as a mid-late 1st round pick, he most likely won't be there late 2nd.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:26 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see us going CB in round 1, maybe if we trade up in round 3 Fred Bennett, but other than that I don't want a CB on day 1.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:41 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
I don't see us going CB in round 1, maybe if we trade up in round 3 Fred Bennett, but other than that I don't want a CB on day 1.
I don't want a CB in day one at all, especially if we would have to trade up.

Old 03-15-2007, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Scott's mock looks horrible for the eagles now that we signed Curtis, the only reasonable pick now is McDonald and even that is questionable.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:30 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I'm sure he will get around to revising it the next time it needs something done, or he just wants to revise it.

Old 03-16-2007, 01:10 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I don't want a CB in day one at all, especially if we would have to trade up.
I wouldn't either normally but if it were for Fred Bennett I would be all for it. The kid is something special.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:28 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

What would you be willing to give up to move up for him? We would have to give up probably our fifth. Personally, I would rather stay put in the third and pick Anthony Waters.