Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 03-12-2007, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Sporting News Team Report (3-11-07)

Quote:
D. Orlando Ledbetter
For Sporting News

The Falcons didn't give the 35-year-old Joe Horn $7.5 million in guaranteed money to come off the bench in the twilight of his career. They are expecting the former Saint to step in immediately and help out their much maligned wide receiver group. Horn, who'll likely start opposite Michael Jenkins, replaces the departed Ashley Lelie and moves ahead of the inconsistent Roddy White. The Falcons also have Brian Finneran, a dependable possession receiver, coming back from knee surgery. Horn will have to return to form after being bothered with hamstring injuries the past two seasons. When healthy, Horn has one of the best takeoffs from the line of scrimmage in the game. He runs precise routes and comes out of his break explosively. He has a reputation for dependable hands, something the Falcons have been lacking. The four-time Pro Bowler is expected to make an impact on the field and in the meeting room. . . .

G Matt Lehr was the latest starter sent packing in the "Petrino Purge" of the Falcons roster. He joins DE Patrick Kerney, WR Ashley Lelie, LB Ed Hartwell and LB Ike Reese in the group of departed players. Lehr, who served a four-game suspension last season for violating the steroid policy, started at left guard. His departure sets the stage for a showdown between Quinn Ojinnaka, Tyson Clabo and P.J. Alexander for the starting spot. Ojinnaka, a big powerful blocker, fits the mold that Petrino likes. After initially fighting a move to guard, Ojinnaka has shown good feet and that he can work in space. He is also stout at the point of attack.

SCOUTING REPORT: DE Paul Carrington played extensively after making the team as an undrafted free agent. Injuries to John Abraham and Patrick Kerney created a lot of snaps for Carrington. With Kerney off to Seattle, Carrington will get another shot to play. He's a big rangy player at 6-7. He's quick off the ball and battles well with tackles. He needs to keep working on a signature move to free him up while rushing off the edge. If he can speed up his game, and utilize his size, he could develop into a solid player and perhaps a special pass rusher.
Interesting, I would love it if Quinn Ojinnaka won the LG position.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:24 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I am VERY glad to hear about Quinn. Also I am VERY glad about Carrington. I called that guy last season when I saw him, and knew that he'd be a great addition to this team. I'm hoping that he can bulk up, because at 6'7 he could get up to 280 or 290 at Defensive End and be very powerful.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Davis and Carrington are fine in rotational roles. I just don't see much pass rush potential beyond Abraham. I would like a young LE who can rush the QB. Which is why I like Abiamiri in the 2nd if he is there.

Ojinnaka's best position is Guard. He has the frame to hold 315-lbs. Hopefully he's bulked up and added much needed strength. He definitely has the temperament.

Old 03-12-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

for some reason I think we get Quentin Moses in the 2nd. he has a great pass rush potential but he is actually good against the run too.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

If the staff is happy enough with a platoon of Carrington and Davis, that will help a lot. Then only a pass rusher, like a Mark Anderson, is needed on draft day. Those are much easier to find, and will allow the team to address bigger needs early.

Old 03-12-2007, 10:35 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988 View Post
for some reason I think we get Quentin Moses in the 2nd. he has a great pass rush potential but he is actually good against the run too.
hes been really under the radar. i would be happy with that pick if charles johnson and jarvis moss are gonna by then. he might even be there in the third.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote