Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-12-2007, 05:02 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Rank the NFC West and their likely records

Everyone else is doing it..so why not NFCW. Projections?
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:08 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yah i was thinking about making one but i didn't want to me an ass

this is what i predict

49ers 10-6
Cardinals 8-8
Seahawks 7-9
Rams 5-11

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:16 PM    (permalink
dhoe20
Rookie

dhoe20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Seahawks - Division Winner
then the rest stay out of the playoffs
49ers
Rams
Cards
dhoe20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seahawks - 10-6
49ers - 8-8
Cardinals - 7-9
Rams - 4-12

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:31 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Seahawks 10-6
2. 49ers 9-7
3. Cardinals 7-9
4. Rams 7-9

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:34 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if the cardinals could just win half of there games out side the NFC west we would be in the playoffs

Old 03-12-2007, 05:35 PM    (permalink
dhoe20
Rookie

dhoe20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
if the cardinals could just win half of there games out side the NFC west we would be in the playoffs
Too bad they won't do that. They're cursed! CURSED!
dhoe20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:39 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Seahawks: 10-6
49ers: 9-7
Cardinals: 8-8
Rams: 6-10

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Seahawks (10-6)
2. 49ers (9-7)
3. Cardinals (8-8)
4. Rams (6-10)

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seahawks: 9-7
Niners: 9-7
Rams: 8-8
Cardinals: 7-9
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:58 PM    (permalink
49erfaithful
Veteran

49erfaithful hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

49ers: 10-6
Seahawks: 9-7
St Louis: 9-7
Cardinals: 6-9
49erfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seahawks 12-4
49ers- 9-7 (theyll have a harder schedule this year and have no WRS)
Rams- 8-8
Cardinals- 6-10

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:03 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhoe20 View Post
Too bad they won't do that. They're cursed! CURSED!
im starting to believe that

we lost like 4 games in the 4th that just should not happen

Old 03-12-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As of now, I'd probably guess

1. St. Louis - Yeah, this one's probably out of the blue. But they played real well down the stretch when Olson took over the PC. The offense has improved in personnel. The draft will probably be used to upgrade the defensive personnel, and they've gotten some pass rush help with James Hall. Not a great team, but has the makings to be solid if everyone's healthy. Current win range guess: 6-10.

2. Seattle - Still a very solid all-around club ... but where are the big improvements. Let's not start with Patrick Kerney, who holds a soft spot in my heart for being a UVA guy ... but is an aging end who is best served in a situational role. THis is a defense that badly needs a healthy Marcus Tubbs to dominate the middle and free up the linebackers. You figure, at some point, their secondary will stay healthy ... right? That belies the offensive questions. There's no running back depth behind an aging Shaun Alexander, and the receiving options are only average. Even if we assume young growth on the OL improving that aspect, the weapons aren't as good as they seem. I don't see a bad team, I just don't see a good team. That said, current win guess range: 7-9 wins.

3. San Francisco 49ers - It's the loss of Norv Turner that really shifts them down for me. If Norv's there, it's a huge difference. Offensively, Ashley Lelie? Really ... Ashley Lelie? I mean, granted, he's probably better than anything currently on the roster ... but still. I think the OL is solid ... but I'm not sure if I see a dominant OL. That said, it should be good in the run. Alex still needs more weapons. Defensively, a lot of key assets added, but the pass rush off the edge still looks quite average, and deep support is also somewhat questionable on paper. The DL is solid for a 3-4 as of now. Estimated win range guess: 6-8 wins.

4. Arizona Cardinals - I don't really want to place them last. I like Whisenhunt and I like Grimm. I like the controlled offseason they've had. But I just like the other three teams slightly better. If I had to state reasons, it would start with an average secondary, whether or not they can consistently bring pressue from base sets, the 2nd tier in coverage, the ability of the run game to be a dangerous threat. That said, their current win range guess: 6-8 wins, which is similar to all the other teams. In short, don't see that much separation ... as of now.

Tis early, and a lot of time to go.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:39 PM    (permalink
edge_V

idk why everyone has the rams at the bottom. Our Offense is loaded now, it's going to be just as good as last year, and no one on that offense as proved that they've lost a step at all. The niners went out and spent money, but they're being overly hyped, despite their offseason so far, they're not going to leap the whole division. The cardinals also looks like they could improve a lot, but they're the cardinals, and you just can't trust their "hype". The seahawks are still the best team in the division, until they prove that they're reign is over, i have no reason to assume they won't beat all three of the other teams.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i do not think people realize how good the seahawks r going to b- they signed 2 very good safeties in grant and russell- they signed kerney who if healthy is a presence- they have a good WR combo
if hasselbeck, alexander and every 1 is healthy they r the #1 team in the NFC imo

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:06 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The biggest "acquisition" for the Seahawks, though, is a healthy Marcus Tubbs, who can free up his fellow DL talent and protect the LB's, thus allowing them to play more free and aggressively.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
The biggest "acquisition" for the Seahawks, though, is a healthy Marcus Tubbs, who can free up his fellow DL talent and protect the LB's, thus allowing them to play more free and aggressively.
Yeah that's pretty big for them.. Seattle has a smaller, more athletic LB corps. (Tatupu, Hill, Peterson) so it's big for them to have active D-line play.. to keep the Interior linemen off of them as much as possible.

Not going to go in depth too much but I like the Rams as well, if Steven Jackson can pick up where he left off I think he'll put up MVPlike numbers...all they need is moderate Defensive upgrade.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:34 PM    (permalink
SanFran
Rookie

SanFran hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

No division predictions but all i can say is that Niners will be Pretty Good on the defensive side of the ball ,3-4 perfection
SanFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
stl9erfan
Veteran

stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.

Niners: 10-6
Seahawks: 10-6
Cardinals:4-12

I see it as being a pretty even division, with the Cardinals really getting dragged down by their coaching change. A lot of people are talking about how much it hurts SF to lose Norv, but at least they're keeping the same system. The Cardinals are going to be a different team next year with Whisenhunt, and it may take Leinart a while to adjust. As far as who wins the division, it's close, but I'd say the Niners on tiebreakers. As for the Rams, I really like the addition of Drew Bennett. I think he's exactly the kind of #2 wideout that offense needs. But as of right now (pre-draft) I just see too many holes on their D to call them a serious playoff contender. (Note: I'm trying to be as non-homerish as possible on these, and obviously it could shift after the draft and/or if any more significant FA signings come into the NFC West).

Last edited by stl9erfan : 03-12-2007 at 09:08 PM.
stl9erfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:57 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

wait going from a system that won 15 games over 3 years and changing to one that won a superbowl is a bad thing?

Old 03-12-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Rams 11-5
2. Seahawks 9-7
3. 49ers 8-8
4. Cards 6-10
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
stl9erfan
Veteran

stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
wait going from a system that won 15 games over 3 years and changing to one that won a superbowl is a bad thing?
No, it just takes a while to adjust to it (i.e. at least a year) especially when your starting QB is just entering his second year in the league. That's not a shot at Whisenhunt's system, I'm just pointing out that no matter how good it is, it will take everyone on the team some time to master it and become as comfortable in it as they were in the old one. In that adjustment period, you can probably expect to lose a few extra games, but over the long haul, I think Whisenhunt was the best or second best choice the Cardinals could have made (I can't believe nobody offered Grimm a HC job).
Old 03-12-2007, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Tubby
Pro Bowler

Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.

Seahawks: 12-4
Niners: 6-10
Cards: 4-12

Sig by rainbeaukid2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Everyone pwns the Rams.
Tubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:50 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RAMS: 16-0
Cardinals: 0-16
49ers: 0-16
Seahawks: 0-16

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote