Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 01-04-2010, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2009 AFC wild card: Patriots

We made it boys now lets enjoy the ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We go up to foxboro to face the Patriots 1:00 on sunday. I am very thankful NFL made it a 1:00 game on sunday instead of a saturday game.

Welker is out and that will help us, I think we can focus on Moss more which will be good.

Brady is also hurt, 3 broken ribs and a broken ring finger on his throwing hand, we gotta get pressure on him and hit him, rough him up a bit. I am nervous the refs will be more cautios then usual because they know Brady is banged up, they may not want the golden boy hurt.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:12 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Somebody posted this on another forum and I thought that I would share it here.

Hehehe...
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:21 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want that as my sig!!!!!!
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:51 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are we doin predicions in here? Or are we startin up another thread later in the week?

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 06:02 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm guessing predictions will go here but people won't make predictions until later in the week.

I will make mine if you make yours ;)
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
Old 01-06-2010, 06:02 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like the predictions/gameday thread.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 06:19 PM    (permalink
lordquas
Veteran

lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas

Prediction
- Pats Defense won't be able to stop Ray Rice in the open field.
- Brady will force some bad throws once he gets hit.
- Ravens energy and team spirit will outmatch the Patriots.
- Look for Derrick Mason to get some clutch 3rd down catches.

Ravens 27
Pats 21

Go Celtics
Go Irish
Go Ravens
lordquas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 06:52 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordquas View Post
Prediction
- Pats Defense won't be able to stop Ray Rice in the open field.
- Brady will force some bad throws once he gets hit.
- Ravens energy and team spirit will outmatch the Patriots.
- Look for Derrick Mason to get some clutch 3rd down catches.

Ravens 27
Pats 21
who's gonna do the hitting on Brady?
Old 01-06-2010, 07:54 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Prediction:

1. Tom brady gets all goddamned day to stand back there and find the open WR/TE/RB/FB.
2. No One can cover Julian Edelman on our squad Im gonna say he has somewhere in the neighborhood of 7-10 catches for 80-100 yds and 1 to 2 TDs.
3. Joe will continue to hold the ball forfuckingever and get sacked.
4. Ray Rice and Willis will be able to move the ball.
5. We'll continue to forget Demetrius Williams exists while we watch Clayton drop balls/not get open.

Final score:

Patriots 28
Ravens 17

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 01-06-2010, 08:49 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Prediction:

1. Tom brady gets all goddamned day to stand back there and find the open WR/TE/RB/FB.
I just watched the game from earlier this season and we got a lot of pressure on Brady. So I say we get a pick and 2-3 sacks.
2. No One can cover Julian Edelman on our squad Im gonna say he has somewhere in the neighborhood of 7-10 catches for 80-100 yds and 1 to 2 TDs.
I don't think this will be the case at all. I think you are over-rating him. I say 3 catches 30-35 yards.
3. Joe will continue to hold the ball forfuckingever and get sacked.
Joe's recievers will not get open fast enough so he will be forced to hold the ball(I hate people making it like it is his fault)
4. Ray Rice and Willis will be able to move the ball.
Ray Rice will **** all over them and Willis gets a TD
5. We'll continue to forget Demetrius Williams exists while we watch Clayton drop balls/not get open.
This

Final score:

Patriots 28
Ravens 17

My final score is 24-21 Ravens
John Wall
Old 01-06-2010, 08:58 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

That game against the Pats was in week 4, the pass rush has gotten worse and worse IMO as the season has gone on. I know we got in the Raiders QBs faces a little better but that OL is one of the worst in the NFL.

Maybe Im not overrating Edelman, maybe Im looking at who will be covering him.......Corey Ivy/Frank Walker/Dawan Landry he should eat all of them up pretty easily.

I hate people making it look like the sacks are the OL's fault, which is why I said Joe holds the ball too long. Trust me there is no one who hates our starting WRs more than me, and I know they dont get open but your boy Ozzie seems to think they are just fine!

I don't know about **** all over them but Ray Ray and Willis should be able to move the ball well on this Pats D.

We agree on something?

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 01-06-2010, 09:06 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
That game against the Pats was in week 4, the pass rush has gotten worse and worse IMO as the season has gone on. I know we got in the Raiders QBs faces a little better but that OL is one of the worst in the NFL.

Maybe Im not overrating Edelman, maybe Im looking at who will be covering him.......Corey Ivy/Frank Walker/Dawan Landry he should eat all of them up pretty easily.

I hate people making it look like the sacks are the OL's fault, which is why I said Joe holds the ball too long. Trust me there is no one who hates our starting WRs more than me, and I know they dont get open but your boy Ozzie seems to think they are just fine!

I don't know about **** all over them but Ray Ray and Willis should be able to move the ball well on this Pats D.

We agree on something?
I think with Suggs being in the best shape he has been all year and Ellerbe and Barnes stepping up we will get pressure. I hate the idea of them covering anyone. So we agree on most of this.
John Wall
Old 01-06-2010, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barnes has gotten more time and looked good. I hope we can get pressure.

and I think everyone will agree Dwill will end up wasting away on the bench when Clayton is there to stink up the place.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:15 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

My boy Dannell Ellerbe!!! So happy to see him coming through on his oppurtunities unlike Tavares!!!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 01-06-2010, 09:16 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Yup I have to admit ERU was right about Dwill in the sense that he has better potential than Clayton.
John Wall
Old 01-06-2010, 09:27 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
Yup I have to admit ERU was right about Dwill in the sense that he has better potential than Clayton.
I have to admit that you are right about me being right! :)

I'll admit that you make some good points on here.

Its playoff time so its time for us all to come together as Ravens fans and bring the pain to the teams we face!!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 01-06-2010, 09:33 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Your damn right check out my new sig!!!!!! GO RAVENS. We have to win this game. I can't wait.
John Wall
Old 01-06-2010, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
My boy Dannell Ellerbe!!! So happy to see him coming through on his oppurtunities unlike Tavares!!!
yea he is a beast, I remember me and you were really high on him I am glad he can rock purple. I think Gooden will be a nice WLB because I see us transitioing to a 43 in a few years.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:36 AM    (permalink
lordquas
Veteran

lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas

I live in Rhode Island so I deal with annoying arrogant Patriot fans all day.
So I'm waking up bright and early and getting shitfaced to watch this game.
Don't drop it this time Clayton!
GO RAVENS

Go Celtics
Go Irish
Go Ravens
lordquas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:15 AM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

I share the worries that ERU has about this game, I could easily see all the things he eluded to. However, there are some things that I feel good about in this matchup:

1.) Pass defense, while still frustrating, has improved in my opinion. Granted we're short Lardarius, but Domonique Foxworth's play has taken some huge leaps. Same goes for Chris Carr.

2.) Welker being out is huge. Pretty much makes up for Webb's loss and then some. I feel pretty damn good about Sam Aiken lining up across from Randy Moss and Julian Edelman going in the slot.

3.) I think we can control the clock with Rice/McGahee, as long as Cam sticks with the run. Hopefully we can contain their offense at least enough so that we can sustain a run game. I wanna see us run the ball as much as we can.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Yea we gotta run the ball, especially w/ Flacco injury.

They just reported on ESPN Randy Moss is hurt and didnt practice today or something like that.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:11 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Look Assholes How About Some Confidence. It Is Getting Way To ******* Close To Be Anything But Cocky. **** Them Patriots Because Win Or Lose Worrying Won't Matter. Lets Go Out There And Bust Some Ass.
John Wall
Old 01-08-2010, 07:54 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
Look Assholes How About Some Confidence. It Is Getting Way To ******* Close To Be Anything But Cocky. **** Them Patriots Because Win Or Lose Worrying Won't Matter. Lets Go Out There And Bust Some Ass.
I'm all for confidence but how an you have over-confidece in this team. If we show up and play our A game we can beat anybody, anywhere, anytime! But if we show up and play our D game (taking stupid penalties, makin selfish plays, dropping balls), which we have a tendancy to do against good football teams, we could be beaten by anyne. To me you'll be able to tell what team has shown up on the first drives by each unit.

If we get the ball first and the O goes down and puts at lest 3 on the board, and then the D goesout and only allows 3 at most then we could be in for a real treat. If the O goes 3 and out and the D gives up a TD then Im gonna be ready to drive to Foxborough and punch somebody in the face!!!

This team is so unpredictable they make it close to impossible to be overly confident about them. But come 1pm Sunday if you were in the room with me you'd have no doubt about who Im goin all out for, cause Im gonna be on my feet the whole game, jumpin around the living room, screamin at the tv, and poundin Monsters!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 01-08-2010, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Hound
Rookie

Hound hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I'm all for confidence but how an you have over-confidece in this team. If we show up and play our A game we can beat anybody, anywhere, anytime! But if we show up and play our D game (taking stupid penalties, makin selfish plays, dropping balls), which we have a tendancy to do against good football teams, we could be beaten by anyne. To me you'll be able to tell what team has shown up on the first drives by each unit.

If we get the ball first and the O goes down and puts at lest 3 on the board, and then the D goesout and only allows 3 at most then we could be in for a real treat. If the O goes 3 and out and the D gives up a TD then Im gonna be ready to drive to Foxborough and punch somebody in the face!!!

This team is so unpredictable they make it close to impossible to be overly confident about them. But come 1pm Sunday if you were in the room with me you'd have no doubt about who Im goin all out for, cause Im gonna be on my feet the whole game, jumpin around the living room, screamin at the tv, and poundin Monsters!
This. That is all
Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 01:11 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Ravens can control the clock and run the ball effectively, I think they can pull this out. I have the Patriots in this game and that's only because Tom Brady is one quarterback I do not want to play if I was a defense in January. Wilfork and Warren are back for the Patriots and that helps out their defense a lot.

It'll be a real good game nonetheless.

No I am not saying I want the Ravens to lose because I hate them because I actually hate the Patriots more. I am just being realistic.