Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 01-05-2010, 10:42 PM    (permalink
ABoyNamedSuh
Rookie

ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.
Default Ruud had how many tackles?!

A reason to re-sign Ruud: 205 tackles

Linebacker Barrett Ruud made a strong case for the Bucs to consider signing him to a new contract.

After recording 20 tackles in Sunday's 20-10 loss to the Falcons, Ruud finished with 205 tackles. The last player to surpass the 200-tackle plateau in a single season was linebacker Hardy Nickerson, who had 214 tackles in 1993.

Ruud is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent. But if there is no extension to the collective bargaining agreement between the NFL and its players, there will be no salary cap in 2010. That means Ruud will be among the 212 players who will go from unrestricted to restricted. The Bucs will have the right to match any offer he receives from another team.

Under that scenario, a player will need six years to reach free unrestricted free agency.

Ruud says he is disappointed he might not enjoy free agency.

"I think everybody would be,'' Ruud said. "Thereís 212 guys in that situation and I think weíre all hoping for the CBA to get signed up. If it doesnít, I donít know. Itís the next step from there. But I think thereís 212 guys in my situation that are rooting for the CBA to get signed.''

http://blogs.tampabay.com/bucs/2010/...5-tackles.html
Old 01-05-2010, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another case of team tackle numbers conflicting with league tackle numbers.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:29 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFL.com has Ruud at 142 TOT's, so...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, and the 49ers had Willis at 226 tackles in 2007. Just saying.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:49 AM    (permalink
ABoyNamedSuh
Rookie

ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that is accurate, just posting it here for my fellow Buccaneers.

FWIW, there was a blog on this topic on ESPN by the NFC South blogger and he said that Tampa Bay had made a joke of tackle stats when Hardy Nickerson was still playing. Something along the lines of "Hardy would get you 12 tackles on Sunday and then another 12 on Monday" after the Buc coaches watched film.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:00 AM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But who cares when the tackles are 8 yards down the field?
Old 01-06-2010, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another reason why I only pay attention to the stats listed on NFL.com.

As for Ruud potentially leaving in FA, I'm not entirely sure it would happen, even if the CBA is extended. He's really on suited for playing in the Tampa 2, as evidenced by how poorly he performed in Bates's system early in the year. The only team I could see displaying some interest in him would be Indy. UFA status would only be helpful for helping him drive up the asking price to re-sign with Tampa.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:42 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
But who cares when the tackles are 8 yards down the field?

I'm with you on that one!!! The guy gets to the ball when there four yards past the line, can't shed a block. I love Ruud and think he's in the 7 to 12 range of MLB in this league. Heck maybe he'll be way better when we have Dt's that don't get pushed back into his lap on every run play.

I say pay the man! Not to much, guy's a 4 to 5 mill a year player.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:02 AM    (permalink
irishbucsfan
Rookie

irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With an offseason to hone his abilities in Rah's own T2 system I think we'll see a much better Ruud next year. The DL talent we'll hopefully bring in will help mask his problem of shedding blocks.

"Frosties are corn flakes for people who can't face reality"
irishbucsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:40 PM    (permalink
TornadoRex
Rookie

TornadoRex smells like sex panther.

Bottom line is that Ruud isn't a problem on this team. Our MLB situation is one that many teams should envy, and he should be re-signed.

Don't make one of our strengths a weakness.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:02 PM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.

Quote:
Bottom line is that Ruud isn't a problem on this team. Our MLB situation is one that many teams should envy, and he should be re-signed.

Don't make one of our strengths a weakness.
True.. And if someone has an off year you just don't get rid of him or in this case not resign him.. Rudd is young still and no Dline has hurt all our LBs.. We were talking Rudd was snubbed as a Pro Bowler the year before...
KennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's coming back. If no CBA comes into play he has no choice. We'll tender him as a first rounder and nobody will bite.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 02:26 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
Another reason why I only pay attention to the stats listed on NFL.com.

As for Ruud potentially leaving in FA, I'm not entirely sure it would happen, even if the CBA is extended. He's really on suited for playing in the Tampa 2, as evidenced by how poorly he performed in Bates's system early in the year. The only team I could see displaying some interest in him would be Indy. UFA status would only be helpful for helping him drive up the asking price to re-sign with Tampa.
Yeah, and Indy NEVER bids high on LBs... ever!

However, the Bears are sticking to the t-2, the Vikings presumably are as well AND the Giants will likely be using it with Perry Fewell being hired as DC. Former Buc LB coach Gus Bradley was retained as DC by Pete Carroll in Seattle but they didn't really run the t-2 in years past.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote