Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-06-2010, 04:47 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
If Sanchez gets to throw under 15 passes they will beat the Bengals, if he has to throw more than 15 passes I guarantee you it will be a loss.
If the Redski............nevermind
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:09 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the belief, but I don't think they'd make it past the chargers, colts, or pats.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:11 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would be more shocking if he said anything else but what he did. He's confident in his team and has been the whole year.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Then hes an idiot.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:17 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Do I think the Jets are the superbowl favorites?? No. But do I expect the head coach, the man who's leading 50+ grown men to their first playoff game in years, to say, well I think we've got a great shot in the first game, but we're gonna pack in it after that, because most people don't think we belong here?? Helll No.

The man has been saying things like this since his days in Baltimore, now he just has more people listening to what he's saying. Fact of the matter is, he is coaching the best defense and rushing attack in the league. I can understand the optimism.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:33 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Then hes an idiot.
How? How is he an idiot? Would you honestly expect a coach to say anything else? He's behind his team 100% and reassuring his confidence not only to the team but to the media, league, and fans. A reporter set him up for that answer, basically a softball to give his team a little pep.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
How? How is he an idiot? Would you honestly expect a coach to say anything else? He's behind his team 100% and reassuring his confidence not only to the team but to the media, league, and fans. A reporter set him up for that answer, basically a softball to give his team a little pep.
He doesn't have to be so cocky though. He can just say I don't put any credence in those vegas odds. We'll let the game play out. I'm very confident about my team.

It just leaves for him to be hammered when he loses. And he will be hammered. He just talks and talks and no one takes him seriously.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:04 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
He doesn't have to be so cocky though. He can just say I don't put any credence in those vegas odds. We'll let the game play out. I'm very confident about my team.

It just leaves for him to be hammered when he loses. And he will be hammered. He just talks and talks and no one takes him seriously.
So he didn't give the prototypical conservative coach answer. He still got his point across.

Old 01-06-2010, 09:36 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post

So you want every coach to answer the same, regardless of their personality? You think he cares if he gets hammered by the media, pundits or anyone else, as long as his players love to play for him and his owner is happy?? I doubt it.

This is the reason guys love playing for him, not because he talks trash, but because he believes in his team 100%. Guys rally behind that. Players on the team have already been quoted as saying that they hear people in the media bashing their coach, so they want to go to battle and show the world why he believes in them.

I think it would be boring as hell if everyone answered in the generic 'we'll let the game play out' comments. But to each his own.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Old 01-06-2010, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm so sick of Ryan and all his players yapping all year. They barely got into the playoffs and they just keep talking. Yap Yap Yap that's all they do. Ryan has been saying ridiculous things all year and his players have followed. Just play the damn games.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
So you want every coach to answer the same, regardless of their personality? You think he cares if he gets hammered by the media, pundits or anyone else, as long as his players love to play for him and his owner is happy?? I doubt it.

This is the reason guys love playing for him, not because he talks trash, but because he believes in his team 100%. Guys rally behind that. Players on the team have already been quoted as saying that they hear people in the media bashing their coach, so they want to go to battle and show the world why he believes in them.

I think it would be boring as hell if everyone answered in the generic 'we'll let the game play out' comments. But to each his own.
He really believed in his team when he said they had no shot in making the playoffs after the Falcons loss.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-06-2010, 09:44 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
He really believed in his team when he said they had no shot in making the playoffs after the Falcons loss.
There's a difference between believing in your team prior to a game and not understanding the mathematical nuances that are the NFL tiebreakers. Emotions run hot after a loss. Don't sound so bitter.

Old 01-06-2010, 09:44 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That is how he felt at the time. You have never changed your opinion on something? I love how people are so quick to just trash someone. It is how the guy is. This is how he gets his team pumped and wanting this win. Go out there and back that **** up. I love Rex Ryan he brought that nasty attitude to our defense. Something we are lacking this year.
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
Old 01-06-2010, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'm far from bitter. Also, not understanding the mathematical nuances? Really? At the time they were still in the race and every coach knows when they could be eliminated. The team has been talking all year about how good they are and yet haven't proven anything in a big game. How could he come out and say they are the favorites? There's a difference between being confident and being dumb.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-06-2010, 11:29 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well obviously they should be. Have you seen Brad Smith in the Wildcat? bout time the Jets got smart!
Old 01-06-2010, 11:48 PM    (permalink
diesel
Rookie

diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's pretty funny, wasn't he the one hoping the Colts would sit all their players for the game? I like him but, this is obviously a joke.

diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:51 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel View Post
That's pretty funny, wasn't he the one hoping the Colts would sit all their players for the game? I like him but, this is obviously a joke.
I personally wouldn't want a free ride to the playoffs because I like to earn that **** but he was just simply saying he will take that free ride. He is a defensive minded coach and he has the best in the league so I am sure he is confident and this is a way to get his players confidence up
John Wall
Old 01-06-2010, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just his way of grabbing attention, good for him.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Well obviously they should be. Have you seen Brad Smith in the Wildcat? bout time the Jets got smart!
Yeah the same team that trashed the wildcat offense and called it a gimmick after losing twice to the Dolphins, now seems will showcase it a bit more in the playoffs.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rex Ryan is the Lane Kiffin of the NFL.

"HEY IM TALKING"
"Mhmmm Rex, we hear ya."
"We are gonna win the super bowl!"
"You like being on ESPN dont you?"

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:47 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Rex Ryan is the Lane Kiffin of the NFL.

"HEY IM TALKING"
"Mhmmm Rex, we hear ya."
"We are gonna win the super bowl!"
"You like being on ESPN dont you?"
I'm surprised that someone from the AFC North, that's used to the Ravens, thinks he's doing it just to talk. He's always been himself, and has always talked, it's just now he's getting more attention, due to his new position of authority. I'd only be disappointed if he changed who he was, when he got the new gig.

I liken it to Coach Wally Rig of Necessary Roughness...Couldn't coach for **** when he put the suit jacket and tie on...but when he ripped it all off, went back to being him, it was more natural. Everyone will hate on Rex for his talk, but he is asked questions and answers em truthfully, and his players love him for it.

Old 01-07-2010, 03:53 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

Quote:
I'm far from bitter. Also, not understanding the mathematical nuances? Really? At the time they were still in the race and every coach knows when they could be eliminated. The team has been talking all year about how good they are and yet haven't proven anything in a big game. How could he come out and say they are the favorites? There's a difference between being confident and being dumb.
How do you not understand the mathematical nuances?? When there's a 5 way tie in the conference, there are numerous tie breakers, of which very few people know all of them. So when Rex, after a heated loss, said his team was mathematically eliminated, he truly though that they were. Was he wrong?? Well ya. A lot of the players thought so as well.

As far as talking, what Jet player was yapping the week prior to the bengals?? Bart Scott, the player who usually does the talking, said that this wasn't a week for talking. The only person who was talking was Ochocinco, yet I don't see you blasting him for it.

And just so we're clear. I love me some 85, he's a great ambassador for the game and does it all in good humor.

Old 01-07-2010, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thats why Ocho often doesnt get blasted. He means no harm or doesnt do it to be an butthead. He does it for humor and attention. No harm no foul. Rex just comes off as a pompous jerk and that will not endear well with opposing fans. Especially benefiting from playing 2 teams in a row to get in who had nothing to play for and then calling yourself the favorite. Thats not how you win fans or earn the ability to get away with that stuff. Now if they win he will look like a genius or if they lose, a giant turd. I have no problem with him except how he goes about it. As for changing with his new position, sometimes it comes with the territory. When you move up the ranks in a business you have act according to your level. Gene Upshaw was a mean SOB when he played, but with the NFLPA he was a businessman through and through.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:25 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Thats why Ocho often doesnt get blasted. He means no harm or doesnt do it to be an butthead. He does it for humor and attention. No harm no foul. Rex just comes off as a pompous jerk and that will not endear well with opposing fans. Especially benefiting from playing 2 teams in a row to get in who had nothing to play for and then calling yourself the favorite. Thats not how you win fans or earn the ability to get away with that stuff. Now if they win he will look like a genius or if they lose, a giant turd. I have no problem with him except how he goes about it. As for changing with his new position, sometimes it comes with the territory. When you move up the ranks in a business you have act according to your level. Gene Upshaw was a mean SOB when he played, but with the NFLPA he was a businessman through and through.
I can 100% guarantee to you that Rex doesn't give half a **** about any of the statements in bold. And there is absolutely no reason for him to worry about any of that stuff

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:34 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The whole Ryan fb dynasty is known for it's extreme macho stones approach to press confernces..... the apple didnt fall too far fro the tree with Rex.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote