Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 01-06-2010, 03:35 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Playoffs!?! Packer-Cards

Might as well get this rolling.

Cards are a bit banged up it seems.

http://blog.azcardinals.com/2010/01/...-dinged-cards/

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 06:45 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to sleep until the weekend just for the playoffs.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:25 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I want to sleep until the weekend just for the playoffs.
Me too. Although it really dosen't feel like the playoffs to me just yet. I imagine it will Sunday.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the Holier then Thou mindset the Cardinals and their fans seem to have based off of last year's Super Bowl run.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:14 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
I love the Holier then Thou mindset the Cardinals and their fans seem to have based off of last year's Super Bowl run.
If I were a Cards fan, I'd try to convince myself it could happen again. Fortunately, I'm not.

Old 01-06-2010, 09:29 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I keep trying to not get my hopes up too high for the playoffs, but I'm really expecting us to win this one. I realize the preseason and last week were meaningless, but we still looked way better with our starters in. If Boldin doesn't play, that's huge.

Green Bay is #1 in the "defensive hog index". The top team has won the superbowl for the two years it's been in existence.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...Hog_Index.html

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:35 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am a big Packers fan but for some reason I am picking AZ in this game. I just have that feeling. I would really like to see Packers vs Vikings in the playoffs.
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:26 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
I keep trying to not get my hopes up too high for the playoffs, but I'm really expecting us to win this one. I realize the preseason and last week were meaningless, but we still looked way better with our starters in. If Boldin doesn't play, that's huge.
Same here. And really I don't even expect it too be a close game if we can execute on both sides of the ball. The Cards are a good team but overall I think we have a better and more balanced team. If we can pressure Warner we should win.
cvv84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:47 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last week was a fluke and the fact the Cards got 7 is a joke. 52-0 Packers :D

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love this picture. Whiz looking disappointed by McCarthy's 'running up the score,' and McCarthy returning this with a "you think that was bad" look.

Hitman D

Last edited by Boston : 01-07-2010 at 12:07 AM.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:47 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

is it sunday yet???? haha

i'd be very surprised if this game is not a shoot-out

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:49 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Guys, it's a day closer since my last post in this thread. Oh boyy...

Old 01-08-2010, 12:50 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Sounds like Quan is going to be doubtful.

Quote:
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that Anquan Boldin's (ankle, knee) outlook for Sunday's game against Green Bay is "very bleak."
It will be a game-time decision no matter what, but Boldin would definitely be sitting if this were a regular season game. In fact, he'd probably miss multiple weeks with his lower left leg in awful condition. Boldin still has a chance to be active, but he may not last longer than a quarter or two.

they get smoked.

Old 01-08-2010, 01:16 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Sounds like Quan is going to be doubtful.
I'm fully expecting him to play. He doesn't really concern me though, if Fitzgerald gets going he's going to be tough to stop.
cvv84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 03:48 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That news is very comforting. With our corner depth, Boldin not playing (or playing at a much lower level) is huge.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 10:24 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have been saying it all year(not on this thread) but when the packers get to the QB, they will most likely win the game. The same holds true for this game. We get to Warner we win; we let him sit back and chuck the ball around, it will be very close.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm done being hesitant...The past 8 weeks I've been Mr. Pessimist. Green Bay is the better team this week. They have been playing better for the past several weeks, they are healthier, and they have a better coach. The Pack go to AZ, and take care of the Cardinals by more than a touchdown. ...Dear God.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

I fully expect every single "injured" Cardinal to play this week, and I'm not going to believe their not until the game starts and they're not in it. Ken Whisenhunt is an amateur.

Hitman D

Old 01-09-2010, 01:56 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ZoMGZzzzzzzzz its Saturday! GaMe is only like 37 ishhh hours away!

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As it is playoff time I as a lions fan havn't had a vested interest in watching the games (other than pure love for the game) since the 90's Any Packer fan want to have a sig bet on the game?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
I fully expect every single "injured" Cardinal to play this week, and I'm not going to believe their not until the game starts and they're not in it. Ken Whisenhunt is an amateur.
I just heard an interesting statistic. The Cardinals are 5-1 in the past 2 seasons without Anquan Boldin in the lineup...So yeah if he doesn't play it's a great advantage for the Packers, but they are pretty deep at WR regardless and will come to play.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 05:36 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The more I think about this matchup the more I like it. I'm sure I'm over-analyzing and biased some but I wouldn't be a Packer fan if that weren't true. I spent a decent amount of time on this and packed in lots of stats so it's worth reading. Here's a breakdown:

Super bowl hangover. This might be more myth than fact, but the trend is impossible to ignore. Reasons unknown or unconfirmed, the teams that play in the super bowl (not named Patriots) seem to miss the playoffs or lose in the first round the next year.

GB passing game vs. ARI pass defense: This matchup just screams points and big plays for us. Their 23rd ranked pass D vs. our 7th ranked pass O. You've got to love our receivers vs. their secondary. We are very healthy in this area while the Cards have injuries to S Rolle and CB Rodgers-Cromartie. They are going to have a hard time finding answers for multiple receiver sets and Finley. Their pass rush is 6th in sacks which could definitely prove a problem for us, but they don't have any stud pass rushers, and starter Cambell (7 sacks) is playing with a club on his arm, so I don't see him being effective at pass rushing.

GB pass def vs. ARI pass game: Their passing game hasn't lived up to its reputation this year with a 12th ranking, while our D was ranked 5th. Without Boldin, we match up very well. We have a top corner in the league to counter a top receiver (Fitz vs. Woodson). Also take away Boldin who was a bigger part of their offense then people think - one of their biggest plays was a screen to Boldin that no one else on the team can run. Then they have some depth but even though our CBs have been bad past Williams we should do fine against their 3 and 4, Urban and Doucet, who have only 17 and 18 catches. Their OL hasn't given up many sacks (T-6th ranked) but they've let their QB get hit plenty (T-24th ranked). Their offensive line isn't going to be able to stonewall CM3 or the blitzes Capers brings. Warner is slow, easily rattled, and old with injury concerns. If Leinart is in the game it's over.

This game is going to be played through the air but I'll mention running matchups.
Their 28th ranked rush O doesn't stand a chance against our 1st ranked rush D. Expect them to be one dimensional early and often.
We have the edge on rush O with a 14th ranking vs. their 17th ranking. I'm not expecting us to run it much but we have the ability to keep the defense honest and run some play action.

Special teams coverage has been a huge weakness for us, but we've done well with it recently. I'm happy to say that this is the area of most concern for me against their 9th ranked KR unit.

I think I covered everything I wanted to. Statistically we should crush them. Realistally I'm confident about a win. We've crushed them twice in meaningless games and it would take a pretty drastic turnaround for them to win this one. They are hurting and we are maybe the healthiest we've been all year sans IR guys, not to mention the hot streak we've been on, it's going to be hard for them to fan the flames.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Last edited by umphrey : 01-09-2010 at 05:39 PM.
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:32 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

With the Cowboys win, the winner of tomorrow's game goes to the Superdome. First things first....

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm feeling a big win here. I can't envision them running on us at all and I see our secondary making a big play or two to stop their aerial attack.
Plus ARod and company will play lights out as per usual.

GO PACK GO!

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 01:08 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The most (in)valuable player of the game will be Jeremy Bridges. He's going to force the Cards to keep in extra protection and with Boldin out, this should only help the secondary even more.

Predicition :: Packers 31, Cardinals 20

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote