Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 03-12-2007, 07:44 PM    (permalink
go_ravens94
Veteran

go_ravens94 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Ravens Big Board

What is your big board?

Mine is (Realistically):

1. Jarvis Moss
2. Levi Brown
3. Aaron Sears
4. Aaron Ross
5. Joe Staley
6. Marcus McCauley
7. Ben Grubbs

If I'm forgetting anyone, let me know.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:53 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id put Brown #1.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

My Big Board Is:

1) Levi Brown
2) Joe Staley
3) Anthony Spencer
4) Jarvis Moss
5) Aaron Ross
6) David Harris

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:39 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well the big board doesn't factor in draft position the big board is the top overall prospects so I would hope the Ravens board top 5 looks something like this:

1. Calvin Johnson
2. Gaines Adams
3. Joe Thomas
4. Adrian Peterson
5. Jamarcus Russell

But for pic #29 I'd say

1. Chris Houston
2. Levi Brown
3. Justin Blalock
4. Jarvis Moss
5. Sidney Rice

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

here's a list of guys i'd like in each round:

(not including Moss, Levi Brown, or Darrelle Revis. I think there is an outside chance that one of those guys falls to us, but as of now, its too hard to say. So I am only writing down guys who I am fairly certain we will have a shot at)

1st:

Aaron Ross, CB, Texas: Thorpe award winner and has good size and speed. Eventual replacement for Rolle.

Anthony Spencer, DE/OLB, Purdue: I really like Jarrett Johnson and I feel he's poised for a breakout year. But you can never have enough pass rushers and Spencer has the versatility to be a great fit for us.

Victor Abiamiri, DE/OLB, Notre Dame: basically the same as the Spencer pick.

Tank Tyler, DT, NC State: this may seem like a puzziling pick to some, but I'm a big fan of Tyler. As I said with the pass rushers, I don't think you can have enough solid defensive lineman. Tyler would give us a guy with alot of potential who can be a great situational guy to fill in on the dline. And if somehow Kelly Gregg can not be retained, he would be the perfect replacement.

Aaron Sears, OG/OT, Tennessee: Big and strong and his versatility to play either guard or tackle would give us alot of options on the oline.

2nd:

Josh Wilson, CB, Maryland: My favorite player in the draft. I actually prefer him over Ross, but Ross carries a higher grade. Everyone knows that Josh has great athleticism, and despite his size, he can be physical, which would fit well with us.

Fred Bennett, CB, South Carolina: He has all of the tools needed to be a great player in the NFL. The size and athleticism is there, just needs to work a bit on his ball skills

Eric Wright, CB, UNLV: another guy with a crazy amount of potential.

Ben Grubbs, OG, Auburn: i think grubbs has established himself as the top true guard in the draft. He's got good size and strength along with athleticism and he would solve the problem at right guard.

Tim Crowder, DE, Texas: the successor to Trevor Pryce. He's got good versatility just like Pryce.

Ray McDonald, DE/DT, Florida: Basically the same explanation as Crowder.

Stewart Bradley, OLB, Nebraska: Gives us good depth at OLB, and I feel he fits what we try to do on defense.

4th(comp):

Le'Ron McClain, FB, Alabama: The top fullback in the draft and the perfect replacement for Ovie. Blocking is all he wants to do. We've also shown interest in him up to this point.

Stephon Heyer, OT, Maryland: hometown guy who would give us some much needed depth at tackle.

Troy Smith, QB, Ohio State: No I'm not sold on Smith as a good starter in the NFL. But if he somehow slips to the late 4th, which I think could easily happen, I would like to see us take a chance on him, not as our future, but as a good backup with solid potential.

Last edited by dcarey20 : 03-12-2007 at 09:05 PM.
dcarey20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:10 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Abiamiri is not 1st round talent he was a big disapointment at ND over the potential he showed at Gilman. Jarvis Moss will be long gone by the time we draft, lots of teams are looking at him. I think we need to address DL depth or OL depth in the 1st unless we can trade down and stockpile extra picks like getting another 2nd and replacing our 3rd. As for a big board I agree a TOP would have to look like this:

1. Calvin Johnson
2. Joe Thomas
3. Gaines Adams
4. Adrian Peterson
5. JaMarcus Russell

at 29 though I think we should be looking at

1. Justin Blaylock OL
2. Aaron Sears OL
3. Tim Crowder DE
4. Anthony Spencer DE
5. Lawrence Timmons LB
6. Joe Staley OL

I see that as our board late in the 1st round that would still be available.
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:58 AM    (permalink
Bohleive
Veteran

Bohleive hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Realistically:
1.Levi Brown
2.Lawrence Timmons
3.Paul Posluszny
4.Chris Houston
5.Trade down
6.David Harris
Old 03-13-2007, 01:31 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Levi Brown isnt going to be there..... he is rising up the boards because there are alot of teams looking for young talent on the OL...he will be gone before 20 long gone by the time we draft at 29...same with Poz Carolina will scoop him up or Pittsburgh will or even Giants if he falls that far. He has been closing the gap between he and Patrick Willis from Ole Miss. Would love to have him in Purple and Black... but I don't think he will be there...
Old 03-13-2007, 10:50 AM    (permalink
go_ravens94
Veteran

go_ravens94 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

At this point, unless magic happens and one of my top 2 falls (Moss or Brown), we have a choice between:

Joe Staley or Aaron Sears or Trade Down (David Harris)

Also, what do you guys think about Drew Stanton?
Old 03-13-2007, 12:18 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Joe Staley in the first would be a reach and Id rather address CB than ILB right now unless its Patrick Willis.

My big board...

1. Levi Brown
2. Jarvis Moss
3. Chris Houston
4. Darrelle Revis
5. Anthony Spencer
6. Paul Posluzny
7. Jon Beason
8. Marcus McCauley
9. Quentin Moses
10. Tony Ugoh
Old 03-13-2007, 12:50 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Houston would be a steal at 29! That kid has the intangibles of a player that seems to be destined for being great.

Other then that I look for a board around our pick to be:

Chris Houston
Patrick Willis
Marcus McCauley
Aaron Sears
Tony Ugoh
Anthony Spencer

And enough with the Josh Wilson hype, please. Its as bad as the Troy Smith garbage. I know Josh is a hometown product and is insanely fast, BUT HE'S TOO DAMN SHORT AND NOT A RAVEN TYPE GUY FOR DEFENSE!!!!!!!!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:55 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Chris Houston would be a steal at 29! That kid has the intangibles of a player that seems to be destined for being great.

Other then that I look for a board around our pick to be:

Chris Houston
Patrick Willis
Marcus McCauley
Aaron Sears
Tony Ugoh
Anthony Spencer

And enough with the Josh Wilson hype, please. Its as bad as the Troy Smith garbage. I know Josh is a hometown product and is insanely fast, BUT HE'S TOO DAMN SHORT AND NOT A RAVEN TYPE GUY FOR DEFENSE!!!!!!!!
Wilson is around the same height as Houston if Im not mistaken. Also Troy Smith has little to no hype right now.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:08 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Wilson is around the same height as Houston if Im not mistaken. Also Troy Smith has little to no hype right now.
Yes the Troy Smith hype finally died down but prior to the BCS Title game everyone either wanted him or was projecting up to pick him and he's garbage! A Kordell Stewart clone only worse!

Houston is 5'9 and 7/8ths
Wilson is 5'9 and 1/4th

Thats not that much of a discrepancy but I don't want Wilson on an island in the secondary cause it will be 6 all day. Sorry I'm not buying this Wilson hype and besides Denver is supposedly looking hard at him and let them.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 03-13-2007, 01:21 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

I don't want to buy into the Hype surrounding Wilson either... 2nd rd guy at best...just cause he is a work out hero doesnt equate to the football field...the old saying is true... "Speed Kills" it can kill you on the hype that you get and the lofty expectations you recieve and then you can't deliver ! now I am not saying anything about height, but is he going to be able to cover a guy like TO, Moss, CJ, or even our own Clearance Moore ? in the Red Zone height does matter to an extent. I am not buying into the prototype player theory either (molding a specific body type for a position) but in some cases it does give you the edge..
Old 03-13-2007, 02:12 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

I think with Wilson its not his speed everyone loves as much as his speed paired with his ability to play the run. Hes not Fabian Washington who was a 1st round selection soley on forty time. He can hit. I love the kid and I'll agree hes a 2nd round pick right now but I htink he will be a player in the league.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:20 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Any way I would take Wilson over Troy "I'm no better then Kordell" Smith any day. Maybe I'm wrong about Josh, but he's not a "Raven guy" on defense. And yes lately I've been pushing the Chris Houston charge, but honestly McCauley at that spot would be sweet as well. He's got alot of heat on him about his senior year but that was not his doing. Look at his junior year and man that guy is a talent.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 03-13-2007, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we could get Smith in the 3rd how would you all feel if we did that?
Old 03-13-2007, 02:43 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I think we could get Smith in the 3rd how would you all feel if we did that?
IMPOSSIBLE! we dont have 3rd rounds picks.

Also, I think McCauley is the most "raven like" CB in the draft. Hes big and physical but still relaly fast. I would not be suprised to see us select him he reminds me alot of Cmac.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:18 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Also, I think McCauley is the most "raven like" CB in the draft. Hes big and physical but still relaly fast. I would not be suprised to see us select him he reminds me alot of Cmac.

I agree with the McCauley comparisons and statements CCB, we think alot alike it seems.

AND HOW IN THE BLUE HELL CAN YOU ROCK A WILLIS McGAHEE SIG AND NOT KNOW WE TRADED AWAY OUR 3RD PICK!!!!!??????????!!!!!!!!!?

AND TROY SMITH IS GARBAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SO I HATE THAT SUGGESTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 03-13-2007, 05:23 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

We have no business even thinking of drafting another QB this year... the FO is high on Olsen as a back up and Boller will resign after this season and be our starter for years to come... I wouldnt be apposed to McCauley or Houston but I would rather see us address some depth on either OL or DL. I would love to see us pick up someone that can spell Trevor Pryce sometimes to help keep him fresh for 3rd down and pass rushing situations. To get someone like Charles Johnson would be a steal also at #29. If we could get someone like Houston that would be a total steal to get someone of his caliber to eventually replace Samari Rolle or challenge him this TC for his spot...
Old 03-13-2007, 05:43 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
We have no business even thinking of drafting another QB this year... the FO is high on Olsen as a back up and Boller will resign after this season and be our starter for years to come... I wouldnt be apposed to McCauley or Houston but I would rather see us address some depth on either OL or DL. I would love to see us pick up someone that can spell Trevor Pryce sometimes to help keep him fresh for 3rd down and pass rushing situations. To get someone like Charles Johnson would be a steal also at #29. If we could get someone like Houston that would be a total steal to get someone of his caliber to eventually replace Samari Rolle or challenge him this TC for his spot...
Didnt we get rid of Drew Olsen?
Old 03-13-2007, 06:00 PM    (permalink
RaVeNFaNaCtIc
Rookie

RaVeNFaNaCtIc hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

same here but last time i said he reminds me of Cmac i was yelled at for some reason Anyway he is my favorite corner in the draft but i dont see us taking a CB in the first round, because we have holes at the OT positon and may even need a replacement at OLB/DE. My round 2 pick is Ray McDonald, im crazy over him and HE MUST BECOME A RAVEN!!! A great replacement to Trevor Pryce!:)

Give Kyle Boller 1 Last Chance
#1 supporter of Demetrius Williams!
I used to be MaddenPlayer52
RaVeNFaNaCtIc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 06:45 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Didnt we get rid of Drew Olsen?
no we sent drew over to nfl europe...
Old 03-13-2007, 06:46 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
Abiamiri is not 1st round talent

at 29 though I think we should be looking at

1. Justin Blaylock OL
2. Aaron Sears OL
3. Tim Crowder DE
4. Anthony Spencer DE
5. Lawrence Timmons LB
6. Joe Staley OL

I see that as our board late in the 1st round that would still be available.
abiamiri is not a first round talent but blalock is?
Old 03-13-2007, 06:51 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

one more thing, why the hate on josh wilson? how is he not a raven player? we all know about the crazy speed and potential, but he can hit and be physical. i like chris houston. i have him at #10 on my board and i feel he's the best corner in the draft. but one thing people don't seem to realize is that he is the same height as josh. josh is my favorite player in the draft and i feel he's going to be one of the many good corners to come from this draft.

Last edited by dcarey20 : 03-13-2007 at 06:55 PM.
dcarey20 is offline   Reply With Quote