College Football Discuss College Football

View Poll Results: Who Wins?
Alabama 59 72.84%
Texas 22 27.16%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-08-2010, 06:21 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU View Post
Ill keep it short, just got back home from the game. I wont say we would have won with Colt, but with Colt in we score a lot more forcing Bama to actually have to pass and McElroy looked shocking, he was sacked as many times as he had completions.

Its just a shame that we gifted bama a title and that it wasnt really a good game.

I cant believe that we had a real chance. You would think an all mighty SEC defense could stop an 18 year old who could only throw it to one guy.

Texas secondary is right up there with Bama and Florida's......most of them were coverage sacks....

Oh...and McElroy was playing with 3 broken ribs btw..
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 06:33 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Sorry if I don't think your beloved McCoy could have won that game.
Ummm yea, "beloved"? I've never even big a real big Colt fan, I just ripped him the paragraph right under that comment. Your going to have to try harder if you want to make me look like a homer, I know it's the "cool" thing to do and everything, but who is surprised that an OU fan thinks we would have lost anyway, let's be serious.

Besides I never said we would have won with him either, just that every OU fan wanted us to lose anyway so who is surprised you out of all people thinks we would have lost anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 02:29 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Ummm yea, "beloved"? I've never even big a real big Colt fan, I just ripped him the paragraph right under that comment. Your going to have to try harder if you want to make me look like a homer, I know it's the "cool" thing to do and everything, but who is surprised that an OU fan thinks we would have lost anyway, let's be serious.

Besides I never said we would have won with him either, just that every OU fan wanted us to lose anyway so who is surprised you out of all people thinks we would have lost anyway.
I said beloved as a joke because you bashed him in the paragraph right under there. But of course, my judgment HAS to be clouded by UT. It has nothing to do with me thinking Alabama is the best team in the country since around mid season. Nope, it all comes down to UT as everything does. Give me a break sheesh. Don't even get me started on McCoy's performances against good defenses this season.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 03:19 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of the pundits were dead wrong, like Lee Corso putting on the Horns mascot head.

We can speculate forever about what might have happened with McCoy in the game & both offenses & their many eff-ups, but many of the pundits who actually know FB were right: the Bama defense came through when it counted. The best team defense won the game.

The 2 biggest plays there were Texas offensive turnovers, the intercepted shovel pass for a defensive TD (wtf was Brown thinking when he signed off on that? Yes they needed more points but with 18 secs. left in the half & a freshman QB? He needed to go to the locker room & regroup) & the sack on Gilbert with the fumble recovery. That's 14 points Texas couldn't get back.

Somewhere in Florida Joe Willie Namath is holding his non-alcoholic beverage, remembering the '66 Orange Bowl & smiling.

Last edited by LizardState : 01-09-2010 at 03:31 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
A lot of the pundits were dead wrong, like Lee Corso putting on the Horns mascot head.

We can speculate forever about what might have happened with McCoy in the game & both offenses & their many eff-ups, but many of the pundits who actually know FB were right: the Bama defense came through when it counted. The best team defense won the game.

The 2 biggest plays there were Texas offensive turnovers, the intercepted shovel pass for a defensive TD (wtf was Brown thinking when he signed off on that? Yes they needed more points but with 18 secs. left in the half & a freshman QB? He needed to go to the locker room & regroup) & the sack on Gilbert with the fumble recovery. That's 14 points Texas couldn't get back.

Somewhere in Florida Joe Willie Namath is holding his non-alcoholic beverage, remembering the '66 Orange Bowl & smiling.
I think he would have made an exception for this one, i know Snake Stabler and Richard Todd were likely ####faced.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 04:35 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL6719 View Post
Texas secondary is right up there with Bama and Florida's......most of them were coverage sacks....

Oh...and McElroy was playing with 3 broken ribs btw..
Bama would have been better off without McElroy he brought nothing to the game. If i was Saban i would not have thrown the ball once the whole second half, i would just run run run and kill the clock. I believe the only good pass play they had in the second half was a bs pass interference call. He had 7 completions and was sacked 6 times, horrible.

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:35 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I think he would have made an exception for this one, i know Snake Stabler and Richard Todd were likely ####faced.
Thx to Babs for that blast from the past too,playing QB at that school has a heavy heritage: Alabama QBs won the 1st 3 SBs (Bart Starr was MVP in the 1st one, won the 2nd one then Joe Namath famously won SB III after predicting the night before to the media while drunk), just wondering, was Suzy Kolber even alive in 1966? LOL. Then Kenny "No I'm Not ***!" Stabler won another SB with the Raiders.

Important for post LizardState #1500 -- Another milestone: Alabama had never beaten Texas in the modern era .... until Thursday night :)
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 09:53 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roll Tide Roll
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote