Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 01-07-2010, 12:34 PM    (permalink
lordquas
Veteran

lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas
Default First 2 Draft Picks

just wondering who fellow Ravens fans want to see Baltimore draft.

FIRST ROUND: WR Golden Tate or WR Arrelious Benn
SECOND ROUND: CB Donovan Warren or CB Crezdon Butler.
-------

Go Celtics
Go Irish
Go Ravens
lordquas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 01:43 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love Benn, Tate, or even LaFell in the first round. I love this years WR depth in the draft.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:56 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's a lot of players that I would like in the first round. Bryant, Benn, Williams, LaFell, Tate, and Gresham are the offensive weapons that would fit here. The second round is a bit harder to project at this point, but perhaps a TE or WR (whichever way we don't go in the first assuming we do go for an offensive player), CB, UT, 5-technique, and perhaps a safety. We don't know what Reed's going to do (I think he's not going to retire) and Landry is a FA after this season (or RFA, not sure with the uncapped situation). Zbi has shown promise but if both Reed and Landry are gone I think safety becomes a big need. I wouldn't trust Haruki to start and we would need the depth anyways.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:17 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rd 1: Dez Bryant
Rd 2: Mardy Gilyard

I know this is crazy but we need a future at the WR position and as of right now we have zero WR's under contract for next year.

Now with that said we badly need a DLineman who can get consistent pressure on the QB, and we need a solid CB. We also need a RG but thats a need to be addressed in free agency or later in the draft.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:31 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post

I know this is crazy but we need a future at the WR position and as of right now we have zero WR's under contract for next year.

Now with that said we badly need a DLineman who can get consistent pressure on the QB, and we need a solid CB. We also need a RG but thats a need to be addressed in free agency or later in the draft.
I would have no problem taking two WR's in the first round, cause like you said, we have no future there but there is no way Dez Bryant falls to us. He'll go top 10, top 15 at worst.

But I would love to take Golden Tate or Benn in the first, then take Gilyard in the second, but I can't see Ozzie doing it. Even though he's all about helping Joe Flacco, he fails to realize that Joe needs good weapons just as much as he needs a good o-line.

It's interesting though, when you think about it, our WR corp could look totally different come next year, expect to see Malcom Floyd in a Raven's uni next year. We probably can't afford Vincent Jackson, so I think Cameron would love Floyd. At 6-5, I would love to see Flacco just lobbin it up to him. Either way, we are defenetily going to revamp the position, because they are really holding Joe Flacco's development back.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:48 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
I would have no problem taking two WR's in the first round, cause like you said, we have no future there but there is no way Dez Bryant falls to us. He'll go top 10, top 15 at worst.

But I would love to take Golden Tate or Benn in the first, then take Gilyard in the second, but I can't see Ozzie doing it. Even though he's all about helping Joe Flacco, he fails to realize that Joe needs good weapons just as much as he needs a good o-line.

It's interesting though, when you think about it, our WR corp could look totally different come next year, expect to see Malcom Floyd in a Raven's uni next year. We probably can't afford Vincent Jackson, so I think Cameron would love Floyd. At 6-5, I would love to see Flacco just lobbin it up to him. Either way, we are defenetily going to revamp the position, because they are really holding Joe Flacco's development back.
Yeah I know Dez will be gone but I'm still gonna hold out hope until he goes on draft day. As for Malcolm Floyd I like it, and if by some miracle the Raiders let him go I'd take a very hard look at Chaz Schilens, but I think he is RFA so he wont be going anywhere.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 01-07-2010, 06:52 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah I know Dez will be gone but I'm still gonna hold out hope until he goes on draft day. As for Malcolm Floyd I like it, and if by some miracle the Raiders let him go I'd take a very hard look at Chaz Schilens, but I think he is RFA so he wont be going anywhere.
true, I love Schilens. It's hard to perform that well for a team like the Raiders, imagine how good he' be for the Ravens. A classier organization w/ better coaching and a much better QB throwing him the ball.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:19 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post

Off topic, but I heard there were some rumors that the Bills were interested in Cameron (link below). I would be very happy if they were to take Cameron away. Maybe he would take Mattison with him...

http://masnsports.com/2010/01/cam-dr...-from-bil.html
Old 01-08-2010, 01:00 AM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Yeah I'd absolutely love a lower tier FA signing such as a Malcolm Floyd. Who knows what the future holds for Mason/Clayton/Washington (at least as Ravens), but WR is undoubtedly our biggest need. With Foxworth's play improving towards the end of this year, and the emergence of Webb (albeit his status for next year could be up in the air), it looks like we're set at least starter wise.

Ideally (and realistically), I'd go for a guy such as a Malcolm Floyd or Antonio Bryant, and then go for a guy like Lafell in the first round.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:59 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

would and should we entertain the thought of trading for Brandon Marshall? I mean if we could get him for a 2nd rd or a 3rd rd pick and draft a CB in the 1st or a DB in general.

I would love to see someone like Marshall in a offense that is a bit more wide open then in Denver and have Mason as the #2 Clayton is not consistent enough for me.
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:50 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
would and should we entertain the thought of trading for Brandon Marshall? I mean if we could get him for a 2nd rd or a 3rd rd pick and draft a CB in the 1st or a DB in general.

I would love to see someone like Marshall in a offense that is a bit more wide open then in Denver and have Mason as the #2 Clayton is not consistent enough for me.
I doubt we'd get Marshall for a 2nd or a 3rd. More like a 1st and 2nd IMO.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:36 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarey20 View Post
I doubt we'd get Marshall for a 2nd or a 3rd. More like a 1st and 2nd IMO.
I don't see anyone giving up a 1st and a 2nd for him. A 1st and 3rd maybe but I still think with all his ******** he will go for less.
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 03:07 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

I really doubt that our team will go after Marshall (especially in a trade involving a first round draft pick). Should we? Absolutely, but it doesn't go along with what we've been doing.

However, this could change if Ozzie leaves. Their current AD might not be there much longer at it would be a prime opportunity for Newsome to go back to Alabama. I'm not hoping for this move, but we have a guy that is nearly ready (if he isn't already) to step into his role. DeCosta turned down an interview with SEA to become their next GM today so I think he really wants to stay with the organization.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Hound
Rookie

Hound hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

Taking WR's in the first two rounds is not a good idea at all. Although Clayton and Mason are most likely gone, you will still have DWill and Kelley Washington. The FO will sign a WR for sure (Jason Avant or Floyd hopefully) and realistically could make a trade (Boldin or Marshall hopefully).

How do you figure we need a RG at all? Grubbs is a pro bowler on the left side and since Yanda has stepped in at RG he has performed as good as ANYONE in the League. They need to get him signed long term. And although I dont want to see Chester start, he still provides good depth.
Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 05:37 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound View Post
Taking WR's in the first two rounds is not a good idea at all. Although Clayton and Mason are most likely gone, you will still have DWill and Kelley Washington. The FO will sign a WR for sure (Jason Avant or Floyd hopefully) and realistically could make a trade (Boldin or Marshall hopefully).

How do you figure we need a RG at all? Grubbs is a pro bowler on the left side and since Yanda has stepped in at RG he has performed as good as ANYONE in the League. They need to get him signed long term. And although I dont want to see Chester start, he still provides good depth.
Actually we might not still have D-Will and Washington. Both are also UFA after this season (not sure how the uncapped year affects that though). Besides, we can't really rely on either of them anyways. Williams has been our best receiver at getting separation when he's in, but it hasn't translated into a whole lot of production. Washington has been pretty good at getting first downs, but Flacco doesn't seem to look his way often (nor do we use many 3 WR sets). I expect both of them back (at least Washington), but it doesn't make me feel any better about our WR situation.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:38 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

If you are trading for Boldin or Marshall it's for your first day picks. I think last years draft class showed the financial and longterm advantages of taking a WR in the first round with guys like Hakeem Nicks, Jeremy Maclin, Percy Harvin, etc. Look at the Giants. Everyone was panicked about getting a big name yet now they saved future draft picks and money instead of going after someone like Braylon and now have a future #1 WR in Nicks and saw some of their young talent develop(Smith, Manningham). I think even if Mason retires if you pair Golden Tate with Demetrius Williams, Kelly Washington, and a FA signing you are good at WR.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Hound
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Actually we might not still have D-Will and Washington. Both are also UFA after this season (not sure how the uncapped year affects that though). Besides, we can't really rely on either of them anyways. Williams has been our best receiver at getting separation when he's in, but it hasn't translated into a whole lot of production. Washington has been pretty good at getting first downs, but Flacco doesn't seem to look his way often (nor do we use many 3 WR sets). I expect both of them back (at least Washington), but it doesn't make me feel any better about our WR situation.
They are RFA's assuming an uncapped season. I think I worded my first response wrong, I didnt mean you dont take a WR in the first two rounds, I meant you dont take WR's with both your first and second round picks. I wouldnt want to see Williams or Washington start (although Id like to see DWill get more time) but I think they have got to get a WR via free agency or trade. And yes, I realize that to get Boldin or Marshall will cost a first day pick, But I dont think it will take a first round pick like most people think. These guys want out of there respective situations, and I think there teams are going to be forced to take less than market value IMO.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:46 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:

First off what does Grubbs have to do with the RG position? Then I'd say Yanda has been very good and I like him, bu he isn't under a long-term contract and if he keep performing this way he is gonna want a big one. At some point we may have to make a choice between Grubbs and Yanda, who do you think we keep? Grubbs IMO, so we need to get a young guy in hee who is under contract for a few years at a cheap rate to be able to keep Grubbs, and Gaither on their huge new deals both will want. As for Chester I'm not high on him at all I don't even like referring to him as good depth, he is slightly below average at best. We need to start stock piling some actual depth at all OL positions, not just RG but to me RG is the most glaring of nees for a future at it.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 01-08-2010, 08:09 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Chester's a good blocking TE :/.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Hound
Rookie

Yanda is a RFA at the end of the year. He hasnt done enough to warrant a big contract yet. I say they will lock him up at a decent deal this offseason.

But ya, if Im choosing between Yanda or Grubbs. Good thing about Grubbs though is that we got him under contract for two more years. (ufa in 2012)
Old 01-13-2010, 02:03 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

I would like us to add George Selvie in the 2nd Rd. He seems to fit our mold and would be a perfect person to improve our pass rush.

In the 1st I would like to see us either trade it for Boldin or try and move up somehow to get Dez Bryant. I don't see Golden Tate being the guy we need, I see him being another Mark Clayton.
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:55 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Selvie isn't very good at all. He got shut down by NFL-caliber talent in college and his only good year was his sophomore one. I highly doubt that he'd be able to improve our pass rush at all.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:39 AM    (permalink
53 for 60
Rookie

53 for 60 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Round 1) Terrence Cody DT Alabama
Round 2) Donovan Warren CB Michigan

Maybe I'm the only one, but I'd like to see us switch back to a 4-3. I feel like our personnel fits much better in that scheme. Suggs had a great start to his career while playing with his hand in the dirt. Pryce also had his best year in 2006, 4-3 was our base defense, getting 13 sacks.

IMO, Kruger, McClain, and Barnes also all fit better as 4-3 ends. In addition Gooden and Ellerbe played all 3 LB positions in college.

I've seen the scouting reports about how Terrence Cody can only play in a 3-4, but I don't agree. Pair him with Ngata and you have the a replica of Sam Adams and Tony Siragusa. We have guys like Gregg and Bannan to use in a rotation before Cody establishes himself.

Warren has the potential to be a shut down corner. Playing for several different coaching staffs combined with Michigan falling off the national radar takes away from Warren's luster. He has a comparable style to Darrell Revis with his physical play, and has very fluid hips.

Get these two and the defense is restored to a perrenial dominant power in this league.
53 for 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:27 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldnt mind d-line help at all. IDC if its a rusher or a DT. who knows but I see us trying to going to a 43, Harbaugh is a 43 guy. I can see our front 7 looking like this in 3 years....

DE-Suggs
DT-Ngata
DT-Edwards
DE-Kruger
WLB-Gooden
MLB-Ellerbe
SLB-draft pick

I could see Ellerbe being SLB, I could also see Edwards being thrown out of starting 4 a draft pick.

just throwing a name out there, how about Riley Cooper WR from Florida.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:43 AM    (permalink
lordquas
Veteran

lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas

Don't fix it if it's not broken.
Why switch a defense thats been doing work in a 3-4?
Ngata is perfect for a 3-4, as is Terrell Suggs.

PS Drafting Terrence Cody in the 1st round would be the stupidest ******* thing ever

Go Celtics
Go Irish
Go Ravens
lordquas is offline   Reply With Quote