Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 01-14-2010, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree I want a34 as well but it looks like we will transition to a 43. ALso Cody at NT and Ngata at DE would be nasty but I dont see it happening
Old 01-14-2010, 12:25 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

I would be pretty upset if we drafted Terrence Cody over a WR
Old 01-14-2010, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we will target that TE from Oklahoma I forget his exact name but knowing how we have been looking at a TE for the past couple years nad he is a talented guy who may be at our late 1st pick due to his injury I see us targeting him.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:31 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarey20 View Post
I would be pretty upset if we drafted Terrence Cody over a WR
To be honest I am not even interested in drafting a first round WR. I want to go in FA and trade for someone. I think we are good enough to win a championship with an already proven deep threat. I don't want to wait a couple years to develop a guy. By then Ray Lewis and Reed could be gone. I say trade for a WR and draft a pass rusher.
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:27 PM    (permalink
53 for 60
Rookie

53 for 60 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
To be honest I am not even interested in drafting a first round WR. I want to go in FA and trade for someone. I think we are good enough to win a championship with an already proven deep threat. I don't want to wait a couple years to develop a guy. By then Ray Lewis and Reed could be gone. I say trade for a WR and draft a pass rusher.
I agree. The way I look at it, Mason and Washington will be back. In addition Marcus Smith will be on the team as he is young and is a great special teamer. Therefore, sign one wideout in FA land draft a guy in the 3rd/4th.

My only problem with a drafting a pass rusher in the first couple of rounds is where do you play him? We have two starters in Johnson and Suggs, and you have Kruger and Barnes getting increased playing time towards the end of the season.

Drafting a big DT basically allows you to play with essentially 2 NT. Cody and Ngata draw double teams and therefore you have an offensive tackle on one d-end, and a tight end on the other d-end. This is exactly what the 2000 defense did and it leaves running backs on blitzing linebackers.

Last edited by 53 for 60 : 01-14-2010 at 01:40 PM.
53 for 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:10 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53 for 60 View Post
I agree. The way I look at it, Mason and Washington will be back. In addition Marcus Smith will be on the team as he is young and is a great special teamer. Therefore, sign one wideout in FA land draft a guy in the 3rd/4th.

My only problem with a drafting a pass rusher in the first couple of rounds is where do you play him? We have two starters in Johnson and Suggs, and you have Kruger and Barnes getting increased playing time towards the end of the season.

Drafting a big DT basically allows you to play with essentially 2 NT. Cody and Ngata draw double teams and therefore you have an offensive tackle on one d-end, and a tight end on the other d-end. This is exactly what the 2000 defense did and it leaves running backs on blitzing linebackers.
I think Mason is a sure-bet to retire once our season is over. I don't think he'll be back for next year. welcome to NFLDC :)
Old 01-14-2010, 06:37 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greetings fellow Ravens fans!

First 2 draft picks?
- Baltimore's biggest needs are.
Definitely #1.) Receiver
#2.) Cornerback
- Mason will retire, Washington and Clayton might get re-signed? The Ravens need explosive targets for Flacco to progress.

- 1ST ROUND: Golden Tate would be ideal. The man's a gamer, and comes to play every week. He's tough, quick, and doesn't go down without a fight. Tate is fast enough to go deep, but makes a living with his short, explosive routes. (very similar to Wes Welker)
- 2ND ROUND: Donovan Warren would be perfect in the 2nd round, but I just don't see him falling that far. Trevard Lindley will likely still be available, and it would be wise to pick him up. Lindley is one of the most physical corners in this years draft. He's smart, possesses great quickness, and makes plays all over the field. Lindley paired up with Ladarius Webb would an awesome combo in years to come!
Old 01-14-2010, 11:16 PM    (permalink
53 for 60
Rookie

53 for 60 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
I think Mason is a sure-bet to retire once our season is over. I don't think he'll be back for next year. welcome to NFLDC :)
Thanks for the welcome. I understand your opinion, but Mason was pretty serious last year about his retirement too. You really think its a sure thing? Im thinking more like 50-50.

I just can't see him leaving when this team is clearly on the rise with a developing qb.
53 for 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:50 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

I think Mason will be back for one more season. He will need to be the #2 target if we are going to make the super bowl. We need a #1 target like a Boldin or a Marshall and have Washington as a 3rd WR. Draft another DB with Reed 50/50 on returning we need to start thinking about DB's.

Losing that edge on Defense this season has been tough I think we need to keep an eye on that...
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read that Mason is 60/40 on retiring.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:01 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well, we officially have the 25th overall pick in the 2010 Draft!

and my thought on Mason is that he's as good as gone. I think Ed Reed however, may be back, but if not. I'm fine with Nakamura and Zbikowski competing for that job
Old 01-18-2010, 01:51 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nakamura isn't starting material..
If Reed retires this year (which I doubt he will), he should be classy and announce it before the draft. In that case, Baltimore would need to draft another ballhawk type safety..
- Nate Allen, Van Eskridge, and Deunta Williams would be awesome later round pickups that could fit in nicely.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I really don't want to draft another S. Zbi played great when he got time this season. He wont be a Ed Reed but he will play fine.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:32 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Nakamura isn't starting material..
If Reed retires this year (which I doubt he will), he should be classy and announce it before the draft. In that case, Baltimore would need to draft another ballhawk type safety..
- Nate Allen, Van Eskridge, and Deunta Williams would be awesome later round pickups that could fit in nicely.
Nate Allen won't be a later round pick. He's going in the second at the latest.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:19 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

1st. Golden Tate: Big play, explosive playmaker that Flacco desperately needs.
2nd. Alex Carrington: Freak athlete that's perfect for the Ravens defense. He helps out an older defensive line and replaces Pryce.
3rd. Jordan Shipley: getting 2 receivers in the first 2 rounds ensures more weapons for Flacco. Shipley is NFL ready, and my personal favorite prospect. He's underrated, but he's fast, he works hard, and he has great hands. Golden Tate and Jordan Shipley would be amazing

1WR: Derrick Mason
2WR: Golden Tate
3WR: Jordan Shipley
4WR: Kelly Washington

Last edited by GoRavens : 02-08-2010 at 05:42 PM.
GoRavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 01:05 AM    (permalink
mikedoobie
Pro Bowler

mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.

After reading the thread thought id throw my two cents in.

Even though our need for a Wr there is we do not draft by need. When looking at where the depth is in the draft and where i believe bpa will be i think we must look at the DL talent in rd.1. If we are going to stay primarily 34 or 43 i think we should take advantage of the depth in the 1st round.

There is great depth at both CB and WR in rounds 2 and 3.. we know the type of talent you can get in both rounds (ex Webb). Yes its more risky but that is where the value is

if i were to dream out my fav draft according to who i think may be ther because of depth it would be:

1st) Dan Williams, Brian Price or Jared Odrick...all different players, Williams more stout NT type (would help in a 34 or 43), Price is a penetrating force in the middle (more effective in a 43), Odrick all around DL who needs to be more stout (ideal 5 tech, capable 3 tech.). Hopefully one is there, probability says there wont, but things always seem to happen.

2nd and 3rd) WR, there is a plethora of talented guys and i am positive we will get someone in FA and i think its someone least expected, but a guy like Antonio Bryant, Floyd, Avant are on the radar as of now..but in the draft we will possibly be able to look at these guys in the 2nd to 3rd range: Lafell, Williams, Damaryius Thomas, Gilyard, Decker, Briscoe, Denario Alexander, Shipley, Cooper, Jeremy Willliams, Andre Roberts, Mike Williams...the list goes on some could go high 2nd some could be there in the 4th..the depth is there at this point.
at CB it is much of the same and in my eyes even better talent with guys like: Robinson, Cox, Franks, Kareem Jackson, Kyle Wilson, Jerome Murphy, Donavon Warren, Trevard Lindley, Amari Spivey, Brandon Ghee, Javier Arenas, Devin McCourty, Sydquan Thompson, AOA, Verner and more..again all could go early 2nd to 4th rounds and even more talent and potential.

Obvious all this could change and get much clearer come draft day but the depth at DL in the first will make someone available for us and the depth at CB and Wr from rounds 2 to 4 will make someone available.

just my two cents

Doobie- Baltimore Ravens Loyalist
mikedoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Anyone know when the comp picks are coming out? I think we could probably get a couple of high picks w/ Brown and Scott leaving.
Old 02-14-2010, 02:24 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
1st. Golden Tate: Big play, explosive playmaker that Flacco desperately needs.
2nd. Alex Carrington: Freak athlete that's perfect for the Ravens defense. He helps out an older defensive line and replaces Pryce.
3rd. Jordan Shipley: getting 2 receivers in the first 2 rounds ensures more weapons for Flacco. Shipley is NFL ready, and my personal favorite prospect. He's underrated, but he's fast, he works hard, and he has great hands. Golden Tate and Jordan Shipley would be amazing

1WR: Derrick Mason
2WR: Golden Tate
3WR: Jordan Shipley
4WR: Kelly Washington
Barring a horrific showing at the combine, there's no way Jordan Shipley is there in the 3rd. He's an early 2nd round guy.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:11 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Not in the 1st 2 rounds but I think in the 3rd Myron Rolle would be a great pick up for us. I think he would fit the mold of a Raven and has intangibles that could make him great for us.
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote