Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 01-09-2010, 01:15 AM    (permalink
sdobbers
Rookie

sdobbers hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Would this trade ever happen?

Alright, first off I would like to say that I'm a Rams fan and that I think they'll end up taking Clausen. That being said, I don't think they will want to take him with the first overall pick...I think they'd rather trade down and try and pick up and extra pick if they can. That being said, I believe the farthest they could safely trade down and still get Clausen would be down to #3, where your Bucs are since both TB and Detroit have their franchise QB's whereas Washington is still looking to get one.

From what I've heard, the Bucs are pretty interested in Suh...so I was wondering if you guys could see this trade ever happening:

Rams: R1 Pick 1; R4 Pick 1
Buccaneers: R1 Pick 3; R2 Pick 10; R4 Pick 3

Basically we swap our 1st and 4th round picks; the Bucs give the Rams a 2nd rounder and get to draft Suh; while the Rams get an extra pick, and get to take Clausen at a more reasonable price. Let me know what you think!
sdobbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 01:58 AM    (permalink
ABoyNamedSuh
Rookie

ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.

Reply hazy, try again
Old 01-09-2010, 02:11 AM    (permalink
sdobbers
Rookie

What does that mean? lol
Old 01-09-2010, 02:51 AM    (permalink
ABoyNamedSuh
Rookie

ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.

Concentrate and ask again
Old 01-09-2010, 07:25 AM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.

Problem with the Buc's trading up is their $ problems. Plus we are in the same boat as the Rams and Lions in that we need to stock pile picks and rebuild through the draft because I don't see us being big FA buyers.
That being said as a fan I would prefer Suh over McCoy, and wouldn't mind trading up to get Suh but not for a 2nd round pick. Maybe swap 1st rounders and a late round pick... Dream senario, we trade our 1st round pick and Michael Clayton for your 1st round pick and draft Suh. lol, never going to happen but I can dream can't I... Maybe swap picks and throw in C. Hovan? I am sure the Rams could get a better deal though...
KennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 07:29 AM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.

You know I think we are in a great position at 3 if the Rams don't take Clausen because every team that needs a QB is going to want to jump ahead of Washington... More likely the Buc's trade down then up...
Old 01-09-2010, 07:58 AM    (permalink
DJC
Veteran

DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't put anything past Dominik, this guy gets **** done when he wants to.

I would only be willing to trade down with someone if both Suh and McCoy are gone. I think a trade down in that situation would be great though. We'd still be able to pick from guys like Brian Price, Joe Haden, Dez Bryant, Derrick Morgan, and possibly Eric Berry still. All the while picking up another early pick in a draft that IMO has great depth.

Sig by BoneKrusher
DJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 09:14 AM    (permalink
irishbucsfan
Rookie

irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone here has lost their minds if they wouldn't jump all over that trade. An extra 2nd for arguably the best prospect ever at his position, one that's crucial to our defense and which is our biggest need on the roster? Come on people.

"Frosties are corn flakes for people who can't face reality"
irishbucsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 09:36 AM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

I wouldn't jump all over that trade... Not for our second round pick, especially when some think McCoy will be just as good of pro as Suh. And like DJC said this draft is very deep... But I wouldn't mind swapping picks and giving up a mid to late round pick to land Suh...
Old 01-09-2010, 10:19 AM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

Irishbuc the ESPN Rumor Mill did report that the Buc's were interested in swapping picks with the Rams to get Suh.. But I think the price tag was both the Buc's 2nd round picks and then swapping 3rd round picks. Their was also talk of maybe packaging Josh Johnson in the trade... Rams fans that i talked to think it is more likely that they give Bulger another year and try and land Locker next year, so it seems they might grab Suh..
I guess there is going to be a lot of rumors and possible deals in the works from now intil the draft, interesting to see how this plays out..

Last edited by KennyG : 01-09-2010 at 10:23 AM.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:17 AM    (permalink
irishbucsfan
Rookie

irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just like the idea that we're thinking about moving up. It's a nice change from Allen's draft day conservatism.

"Frosties are corn flakes for people who can't face reality"
irishbucsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyG View Post
Irishbuc the ESPN Rumor Mill did report that the Buc's were interested in swapping picks with the Rams to get Suh.. But I think the price tag was both the Buc's 2nd round picks and then swapping 3rd round picks. Their was also talk of maybe packaging Josh Johnson in the trade... Rams fans that i talked to think it is more likely that they give Bulger another year and try and land Locker next year, so it seems they might grab Suh..
I guess there is going to be a lot of rumors and possible deals in the works from now intil the draft, interesting to see how this plays out..

Not interested if it costs both 2nd round picks.

My Grandfather
Watchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 12:07 PM    (permalink
sdobbers
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman View Post
What about the #42 pick, and a third rounder? I dunno, I'm just trying to see what trade would most likely happen...
Old 01-09-2010, 01:20 PM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman

What about the #42 pick, and a third rounder? I dunno, I'm just trying to see what trade would most likely happen...
I am not really sure how the point system works that the teams use to figure out value at each pick but I would expect that it would cost a lot for the Buc's to move up to the #1 pick...

If a trade was to happen I would much rather see something like swapping first round picks with KC and giving them one of our second round picks for G. Dorsey. They get to move up and get a extra 2nd round pick. We move down but not that far and get a starting DT.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:02 PM    (permalink
TornadoRex
Rookie

TornadoRex smells like sex panther.

The last time we felt comfortable about sitting pretty with our 2nd rounders, we got Gaines Adams and Sabby Piscitelli.

Suh's the real deal. Go get him.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoRex View Post
The last time we felt comfortable about sitting pretty with our 2nd rounders, we got Gaines Adams and Sabby Piscitelli.

Suh's the real deal. Go get him.
And the last time we got antsy-pantsy about trading 2nd rounders on draft day, we ended up with Dexter Jackson.

Not that I'm saying Suh will bust like Jackson did... Just that we missed out on some fantastic prospects by making a trade like that. This year's draft is very deep. Guys like Everson Griffen, Brian Price and Mike Iupati may fall to the top of the 2nd round, so I'd be ok with sitting where we are in the first in order to scoop up more prospects who can have an immediate impact on this team rather than using multiple picks to land a single player.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:28 PM    (permalink
TornadoRex
Rookie

TornadoRex smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
And the last time we got antsy-pantsy about trading 2nd rounders on draft day, we ended up with Dexter Jackson.

Not that I'm saying Suh will bust like Jackson did... Just that we missed out on some fantastic prospects by making a trade like that. This year's draft is very deep. Guys like Everson Griffen, Brian Price and Mike Iupati may fall to the top of the 2nd round, so I'd be ok with sitting where we are in the first in order to scoop up more prospects who can have an immediate impact on this team rather than using multiple picks to land a single player.
With Dexter... we didn't have the stones to move up and grab Desean. I've said that I'd rather fall down trying than not having the guts to go out and make some daring moves.

In all reality, I guess I'm fine with Berry. Iupati had better be there at 35, though. ;)
Old 01-11-2010, 03:04 PM    (permalink
TRJ997
Rookie

TRJ997 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd have NO problem using 1.03 and 2.10 on Suh.
TRJ997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:05 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hahahahaha this thread is great, not that will never happen EVER!

thread over

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:10 PM    (permalink
TRJ997
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
hahahahaha this thread is great, not that will never happen EVER!

thread over
You don't think STL would consider trading down? I think they'll take Suh if they keep the #1 pick, but I certainly wouldn't say "not that will never happen EVER!" in regards to them trading down a couple spots and taking a QB.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:04 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRJ997 View Post
You don't think STL would consider trading down? I think they'll take Suh if they keep the #1 pick, but I certainly wouldn't say "not that will never happen EVER!" in regards to them trading down a couple spots and taking a QB.
maybe the trade will happen but not the one you proposed that is so lop sided for the Bucs just because your a Bucs fan who wanted Suh, for the trade to work IMO they will have to give us a 1st, 2nd, & 3rd rounder. also swapping 4th is silly too

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:56 PM    (permalink
ABoyNamedSuh
Rookie

Maybe swap 1st rounders, give up the Bears 2nd and 2011 3rd rounder.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:02 AM    (permalink
TRJ997
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
maybe the trade will happen but not the one you proposed that is so lop sided for the Bucs just because your a Bucs fan who wanted Suh, for the trade to work IMO they will have to give us a 1st, 2nd, & 3rd rounder. also swapping 4th is silly too
The guy who suggested the original trade is a Rams fan. I'd also be willing to make the trade you recommend. It's less appealing, but I'd hate to let a 3rd round pick stop us from getting a dominant DT. If STL decides that they aren't going to take Suh (which I'm sure will piss you off immensly), they would be very wise to take what they can get from the Lions or Bucs in trade. Picking up an additional early 2nd rounder to move down 2 spots isn't as lopsided for the Bucs as you suggest.

Last year the Browns traded 1.05 for 1.17 and 2.20 (and 3 role players).
Old 01-12-2010, 08:15 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think such a trade is entirely realistic. Asssuming the Rams want to take Clausen, they can essentially drop down to #3 and still get the player they would have taken with #1. I don't think it that far out of the realm of possibility to be honest.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:31 AM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

I think it would cost the Buc's to much. I know I know we are talking about a dominant DT Suh, but I would rather see us take McCoy and keep our 2nd and 3rd round picks.