Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 01-11-2010, 08:37 PM    (permalink
lordquas
Veteran

lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas
Default COLTS part 2

After smushing the Patriots in New England in the first quarter, these Ravens are ******* hot. Like we game planned,
- We hit Brady all afternoon and made him look like Mr. Slave -_-

- We played our power run offense, and beat the **** out of their defense.
..The Colts defense is better, and faster but can tire down with our 3 headed monster pounding it all day. Last time the 2 met, Ravens clearly should've won that game, so winning against the same team, in the playoffs, with shitloads of momentum is DEFINITELY POSSIBLE.
Predictions?
Baltimore: 34
Indianapolis: 31

Go Celtics
Go Irish
Go Ravens
lordquas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:27 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As great as we played its a lot to ask a team to go to NE and Indy back to back and win. The Colts OL is better than NE's IMO, and they are allowed to constantly hold by the NFL just like NE's. I'm not anticipating us getting to Peyton as we did Brady last week but anything's possible. As for the O, we should still be able to run the ball well, but when we have to rely on the pass I don't think its gonna be there. Flacco is more than hurt than we know and I just can't see him playing well enough to take us past the Colts. I know people will say we did it last week, but the Colts will score much more than 14points on us and we will need the passing attack to show up, and I don't think we have enough to keep up with the Colts. I think it'll be close throughout, with the Colts scoring a late TD to put it away.

Colts 31
Ravens 17

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:19 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

I think we have a legit shot at beating the Colts. We only lost by 2 earlier in the season. If we play a complete game like we did against NE, meaning few penalties and a great running game and the secondary plays well... I think we could have a repeat performance of the NE game. My prediction...

Ravens 27
Colts 21
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:56 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

soooo i just pulled the trigger on a pair of tickets to the game. taking a private jet up early saturday afternoon and back late saturday night. i think its going to be a hell of a game. ill be pullin for my home town though. good luck.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:38 AM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just pulled the trigger on some random stranger and now she is "asleep". Anyway it is going to be hard to do what we did to Brady to Manning. If we can get an early lead then run the ball a lot we can win like that.I have a feeling that isn't going to happen though. This just like any other game with the Colts is going to come down to the last drive. I just hope it is us who has to make the play instead of leaving it up to the Colts. Last game Flacco threw the interception on the game winning drive. Hopefully he can make that TD this time.

I had a feeling we were going to bust the Patriots ass last week and that is why I was extremely confident. I called 27-10 and it was 33-14. This game I am going to say it will be a lot closer. Like always I pick the Ravens over the Colts 20-17
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:13 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
I just pulled the trigger on some random stranger and now she is "asleep". Anyway it is going to be hard to do what we did to Brady to Manning. If we can get an early lead then run the ball a lot we can win like that.I have a feeling that isn't going to happen though. This just like any other game with the Colts is going to come down to the last drive. I just hope it is us who has to make the play instead of leaving it up to the Colts. Last game Flacco threw the interception on the game winning drive. Hopefully he can make that TD this time.

I had a feeling we were going to bust the Patriots ass last week and that is why I was extremely confident. I called 27-10 and it was 33-14. This game I am going to say it will be a lot closer. Like always I pick the Ravens over the Colts 20-17
I don't know that I'd say that, I say a drive to giv e us a lead. There was still plenty of time and Peyton would have taken them down and gotten the FG to win if not a TD.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 01-13-2010, 11:25 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peyton is no Brady though. Brady this year has been such a pssy in the pocket and can't handle pressure. Manning is the most pocket aware QB in the league. It's awfully difficult to flush him out of the pocket, few teams ever can and while playing much better as of late the Ravens are no where near the top of the league in pass rush. It was actually pathetic passrush for most of the season. Also Indy has 4 or 5 receivers who always get open where as Brady really only had Edelman who was working to get open. Also the Colts defense is a lot better than the Patriots. They have speed, ballhawks, a hard nosed LB corps, and the best pass rushing duo in the league. The Ravens can definitely pull this one out with ball control and defensive turnovers, but I wouldn't bet on it. Colts are the worst possible matchup for the Ravens. Chris Carr and Frank Walker better come to cover their asses off.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:14 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey fellas. I expect a good game. I'm no expert on your defense - who usually rushes the passer from the strong side? Our RT Ryan Diem is susceptible to speed rushers big time so I'm looking for that to get exploited. I don't think Lewis will get many free shots up the middle at Manning though. Saturday is too experienced for that (I hope) and Addai is 100x better at picking up the blitz than Maroney is.

The talk around Indy circles is that this game feels a lot like the 2005 game vs. the Steelers. I am half expecting Flacco to come out tossing quick slants to Heap (or whoever is in his place if he's hurt) that will go for big YAC. That would be a good way for you guys to get an early lead, throw our D off, and run the ball down our throats.

That said, I think our D will be ready for it, there are plenty of guys that remember that game still on the team and on the coaching staff. I'm sure Ray Rice will get his yards and will be hard as hell to tackle, but I also think Wayne, Garcon, Clark, and Collie will be able to get open and gain big chunks of yardage.

Let's hope it's a fair, entertaining game with no injuries. I expect it to be close, I'll say Colts 24, Ravens 20.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 01:46 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Hey fellas. I expect a good game. I'm no expert on your defense - who usually rushes the passer from the strong side? Our RT Ryan Diem is susceptible to speed rushers big time so I'm looking for that to get exploited. I don't think Lewis will get many free shots up the middle at Manning though. Saturday is too experienced for that (I hope) and Addai is 100x better at picking up the blitz than Maroney is.

The talk around Indy circles is that this game feels a lot like the 2005 game vs. the Steelers. I am half expecting Flacco to come out tossing quick slants to Heap (or whoever is in his place if he's hurt) that will go for big YAC. That would be a good way for you guys to get an early lead, throw our D off, and run the ball down our throats.

That said, I think our D will be ready for it, there are plenty of guys that remember that game still on the team and on the coaching staff. I'm sure Ray Rice will get his yards and will be hard as hell to tackle, but I also think Wayne, Garcon, Clark, and Collie will be able to get open and gain big chunks of yardage.

Let's hope it's a fair, entertaining game with no injuries. I expect it to be close, I'll say Colts 24, Ravens 20.
actually, I think you guys will do a much better job containing Rice, mainly cause your defense is filled with quick speedy guys who fly to the ball. They did a great job last time they played Rice, I expect Le'Ron McClain to be a big part of the offense if we get a lead early, or late. I do think Flacco will need to step it up and have a much better game.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:57 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
actually, I think you guys will do a much better job containing Rice, mainly cause your defense is filled with quick speedy guys who fly to the ball. They did a great job last time they played Rice, I expect Le'Ron McClain to be a big part of the offense if we get a lead early, or late. I do think Flacco will need to step it up and have a much better game.
I think they'll do better than the Pats did, if for no other reason than the Pats defense down the stretch just wasn't very good. Between the injuries and just the lack of overall talent they just didn't have the personnel to stop your run game.

However Rice reminds me so much of MJD when he runs, and that little prick always gives us fits twice a year. Our LBs are better at tackling lately, without as much shoulder and arm tackling, but it'll still be tough. I am very impressed with Rice, and with your OL's run blocking. I wish our OL could block like that.

I agree Flacco is going to need to do better than 4/10 for 34 yards to win. With Freeney and Mathis coming off a ton of rest and our new DCoordinator's willingness to blitz more than we did under Dungy I think he'll see some real pressure.

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-14-2010, 07:51 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely a winnable game for the Ravens.
Here's how I see it going down..
RAVENS 28
COLTS 24
Old 01-15-2010, 11:59 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Gaither is out, Cousins is going to get manhandled.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:07 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
If Gaither is out, Cousins is going to get manhandled.
****, if Gaither is out Cousins will give up 50 yards in penalties...
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:11 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

How serious is Gaither's injury guys? What's his status for tomorrow night's game?

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-15-2010, 12:58 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
How serious is Gaither's injury guys? What's his status for tomorrow night's game?
He's listed as probable. The problem is his right ankle and supposedly he hasn't been able to put much weight on it during the recent practices. I don't know much more than that. He's been lining up with the first team and all but definitely isn't 100%. He should take some morphine shots and be the 6'9'' 350lb man that he is and play.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that penalty on Ray was bullcrap, he was trying to turn his shoulder into him. It looked exactly like Clarks hit on McGahee and that wasnt a penalty.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:49 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

offense is anemic
Old 01-16-2010, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

why was reed out the last couple of plays?
Old 01-16-2010, 10:36 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oh well Raven fans! It was still a winning season and there was a lot to be happy looking into the future!

Flacco, Rice, Oher, Grubbs, and Yanda are going to be studs for us in the future. Dannell Ellerbe is going to breakout next year. Lardarius Webb is something special to look out for as well.

We need to add threats for Flacco to work with, we can't rely on our run game every week. We need a complimentary pass game. None of his(Flacco) WR's get any separation, it is holding Flacco back and its totally pathetic.

Jared Gaither needs to pull everything together, he has all the physical tools and natural powers to be the best NFL LT in the league, but he needs to tune himself to do so.

Something needs to be done about these damn penalties. It is outrageous. Maybe Harbaugh could bring ref's into Training Camp next year.

keep in mind, all of our current WR's are going to be FA's next year, so we could definitely see a whole new WR corp come next year.

This is going to be an interesting off-season Raven fans!
Old 01-16-2010, 10:39 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Tough game guys. Seemed like everything bounced the Colts way and they definitely took advantage. I'm guessing you guys'll look at WRs in the draft this year.

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-17-2010, 03:51 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Tough way to end a great season, as I said after last week's game.....I hate to be satisfied with anything less than Superbowl but going in to NE and dominating Brady was my superbowl this year and I loved every second of it.

As for the offseason, I honestly would not bring back any of our WRs (yes even D Will). Mason and Clayton dont get open, and Flacco clearly doesn't trust Kelley Washington, and D Will enough to find them and get them the ball. I know that will be a very tough adjustment at first but its time to revamp that area of the team.

Another thing that really sucks is that we probably just watched Ed Reed's final game. Amazing career, amazing player, and I'll miss Ed severely.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 01-17-2010, 10:54 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Ed played lights out, and the rest of the secondary really surprised me. It's really sad to see him have to go out because of an injury. Hopefully after he retires he can come back and coach with the team. Same with Ray Ray.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yes I would love to see both of them become coaches some day, or at least have some sort of job in this organization for the rest of there life.

also has anyone noticed Ellerbe played like a god darn beast that game. He looked like a mini Ray Lewis. I think this guy will replace Scott just fine, hell he might be better then him right now.
Old 01-17-2010, 03:21 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Ellerbe definity needs to be re-signed by the Ravens badly!!!!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 01-17-2010, 03:29 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Ellerbe definity needs to be re-signed by the Ravens badly!!!!
I'm not sure if he falls under the specifications for an EFA, but his contract does end before he's accrued three complete season so I think it does. We should be able to keep him pretty easily, but I hope he gets a longer/cheaper deal.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote