Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-11-2010, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default NFL Network's top ten wild card games of all time.

10. 2004 AFC Wild Card: New York Jets at San Diego Chargers.
9. 2002 AFC Wild Card: Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers.
8. 2007 AFC Wild Card: Jacksonville Jaguars at Pittsburgh Steelers.
7. 2006 NFC Wild Card: Dallas Cowboys at Seattle Seahawks.
6. 2003 NFC Wild Card: Seattle Seahawks at Green Bay Packers.
5. 1998 NFC Wild Card: Green Bay Packers at San Francisco 49ers.
4. 1999 AFC Wild Card: Buffalo Bills at Tennessee Titans.
3. 2002 NFC Wild Card: New York Giants at San Francisco 49ers.
2. 2009 NFC Wild Card: Green Bay Packers at Arizona Cardinals.
1. 1992 AFC Wild Card: Houston Oilers at Buffalo Bills.

Not a bad list. There were a few other wild card games in recent memory that I liked, but I can't say that it would have necessarily been a "must add" to a list like this. I do think that the Cardinals/Packers game is too high at the number two spot. I have a feeling it's been placed there just because it was played this past Sunday and people are still on an emotional high from it.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:42 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a tough time believing the 2004 jets@chargers game was a top 10 anything, it was a 20-17 sloppy game that went to OT because the Chargers got a lucky phantom penalty. This list was thrown together so the talking heads could circle jerk the Packers/Cardinals game some more and to fill air time.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:44 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really? Number 4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I have a tough time believing the 2004 jets@chargers game was a top 10 anything, it was a 20-17 sloppy game that went to OT because the Chargers got a lucky phantom penalty. This list was thrown together so the talking heads could circle jerk the Packers/Cardinals game some more and to fill air time.
Yes that game I was just thinking about before I read your post. It had some climax in the final minutes of the game leading up to overtime, but I can't remember it being one of the better wild cards I have seen. I think others like the Saints/Rams of 2000 or the Ravens/Titans of 2003 rank higher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Really? Number 4?
It had a good ending, but the majority of the game I remember being quite boring. It was really a defensive game. Depends on what you like I guess.

Quote:
Old 01-11-2010, 10:47 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I knew the Cards and Packers would be ranked top 3. Not that I disagree, but you've got to give it a few years to really judge it properly, otherwise games played so soon naturally will be ranked higher being fresh in your memory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:54 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't find the Packers-Cardinals game to be that great. Realistically, for the 3rd and 4th quarters, the defenses could have stayed on the sideline and there would have been no difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:56 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like how 8 of the 10 have happened in the last 10 years. I suppose that's how it should be. Not that many people want to hear about a game 20 years before they were born, they want to be reminded of one they can remember.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutboy14 View Post
I like how 8 of the 10 have happened in the last 10 years. I suppose that's how it should be. Not that many people want to hear about a game 20 years before they were born, they want to be reminded of one they can remember.
The wild card hasn't been in existance that long. Also there is more parody in the league now. Wild card teams are much more competitive than they were when it first came into existance.

Last edited by Jughead10 : 01-11-2010 at 11:03 PM.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

I can't think of many wild card teams before the 2000's that were really, really, really good except two or three. Perhaps it's the new structure that was made in 2002 that has had some effect.

Quote:
Old 01-12-2010, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
It was a very sloppy game but it sure hell was exciting.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:34 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

music city miracle at number 4 is a straight up scam.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's all preference really, but like Slightlyabroncosfan said, it was really just a poor defensive game.

For my money, I would rather watch the 2007 Jacksonville @ Pittsburgh game than the 2009 Green Bay @ Arizona game. I think that Jacksonville / Pittsburgh game was one of the best play off (not counting Superbowl) games of the last 6-7 years.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:40 AM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
I didn't find the Packers-Cardinals game to be that great. Realistically, for the 3rd and 4th quarters, the defenses could have stayed on the sideline and there would have been no difference.
The three duds before it made this game equal to the USC-Texas Rose Bowl.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

these top tens done by NFLN are always BS with too much cologne so you won't smell the crap.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:53 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Won't even be mad about the MCM, because I knew Frank Reich owns this list!
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:07 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Music City Miracle is too low, Packers/Cards is too high, and I'm glad the Jaguars game got consideration. That game was jizzawesome.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote