Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 01-12-2010, 10:40 PM    (permalink
ABoyNamedSuh
Rookie

ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
Does Missouri or Texas have someone on it? Cause when Suh took over those games we all said OMG!!!
True. lol

But Suh has been dominant all year, IMO. Not just a couple of games.

I posted on TBBB as bigbullg8rdaddy a couple of years back, but found the place very unwelcoming. And they had constant hate for Pewter Report for seom reason.

/shrugs
Old 01-13-2010, 05:51 AM    (permalink
irishbucsfan
Rookie

irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Exactly what I'm talking about.

You do that stuff around here regularly and you'll find yourself on a one way trip to banville.
Actually, you'd get banned in a flash if you implied insult to someone's family on the TBBBB. The average age around here is much younger than over there so it's a little more lax in certain regards - ignoring the fact that political/religous thread are a no go here.

I guess you'd have felt better if I'd put a smiley face after my offensive comment?

"Frosties are corn flakes for people who can't face reality"
irishbucsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:29 AM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.

Quote:
I think that's the move we make, honestly. I'm taking what Raheem said in his end-of-season PC to heart; "#5 is the first priority."

I think we replace Trueblood with Okung and put the heat on Donald Penn to get his butt back in shape.
If we did take Okung we would probably have to go Defense with at least the 2nd round picks and probably the 3rd rd too.. Their goes my hope for landing Gilyard or Benn. If we don't resign AB our WR group is going to be in as bad as shape as the DLine was this year, lol... And I really don't see any high profile WR FAs wanting to come to Tampa unless we over pay for someone...

Last edited by KennyG : 01-13-2010 at 09:42 AM.
KennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:33 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbucsfan View Post
Actually, you'd get banned in a flash if you implied insult to someone's family on the TBBBB. The average age around here is much younger than over there so it's a little more lax in certain regards - ignoring the fact that political/religous thread are a no go here.

I guess you'd have felt better if I'd put a smiley face after my offensive comment?
If you were an established poster sure, but there has been a lot of bad/inappropriate posters in this small Tampa Bay sub-forum before so it's best to weed out the rubbish asap.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 01:38 PM    (permalink
irishbucsfan
Rookie

irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If you were an established poster sure, but there has been a lot of bad/inappropriate posters in this small Tampa Bay sub-forum before so it's best to weed out the rubbish asap.
I'll ignore the 'rubbish' comment and just apologise right now for making what you deemed to be an inappropriately offensive remark before this gets any more ridiculous.

It was a purposefully badly done 'your mum' joke in response to you calling the TBBBB crap, and I really didn't think its light heartedness would escape you especially since I even included some football comments in the post too, which were in fact agreeing with and building on a post you made yourself.

"Frosties are corn flakes for people who can't face reality"
irishbucsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbucsfan View Post
I'll ignore the 'rubbish' comment and just apologise right now for making what you deemed to be an inappropriately offensive remark before this gets any more ridiculous.

It was a purposefully badly done 'your mum' joke in response to you calling the TBBBB crap, and I really didn't think its light heartedness would escape you especially since I even included some football comments in the post too, which were in fact agreeing with and building on a post you made yourself.
I don't care about the joke. But at least it got this sort of stuff out in the air for all of the new posters (and people who may be reading this but haven't posted yet) who come to the boards this time of year.

The rubbish comment wasn't aimed specifically at you either. More of a generalisation of past posters.

I'm actually quite happy with the influx of Bucs posters here at the moment. Usually we don't get many lengthy discussions around here so it's nice to have some new people who actually contribute for a change.

Old 01-13-2010, 06:03 PM    (permalink
ABoyNamedSuh
Rookie

ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.

::blushes::
Old 01-14-2010, 08:41 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont really think the Bucs need to take Berry, remember, this draft is loaded with Safety Talent and we already have a playmaking FS in Tanard Jackson, unless RAH thinks he can move to the SS position. Berry is a FS and wouldn't produce at the SS positon.

In the end, Detroit will only take a DT if its Suh, other than that, they might look into trading down (seattle, who may want to jump Washington for Clausen) or taking Okung. That is is St. Louis takes Suh, but i can see Clausen being the #1 overall pick, which leaves the Bucs with McCoy, who i'd be more than satisfied with.

For the SS positon, I really like guys like Larry Assante and Major Wright in the middle rounds and maybe Chad Jones in the 2nd/3rd.

What do you think if the Bucs took Larry Assante from Nebraska? I think he might be one of the most underrated SS prospects in this draft.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The TBBBB is crap. You have to be all paranoid when you post because if you make the slightest mistake (OMG i just said the word "Ndamukong Suh" in team discussion!!), the super-serious mods come to abuse their power while the veteran posters watch in a circle jerk.

I have an account on there from '02 and must have been suspended around 10 times, each time more rediculous than the last.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
The TBBBB is crap. You have to be all paranoid when you post because if you make the slightest mistake (OMG i just said the word "Ndamukong Suh" in team discussion!!), the super-serious mods come to abuse their power while the veteran posters watch in a circle jerk.

I have an account on there from '02 and must have been suspended around 10 times, each time more rediculous than the last.
Try reading the rules to the forum. They're quite specific and easy to understand.

But, enough of this debate about the TBBBB. If you don't like it, fine. There are those of us who enjoy the atmosphere there. None of that should preclude either party from taking part in discussions here, so who the heck cares about anyone's opinion of another board?
Old 01-15-2010, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
Try reading the rules to the forum. They're quite specific and easy to understand.

But, enough of this debate about the TBBBB. If you don't like it, fine. There are those of us who enjoy the atmosphere there. None of that should preclude either party from taking part in discussions here, so who the heck cares about anyone's opinion of another board?
But it sucks!!!!!

Old 01-16-2010, 01:25 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Berry is a ton of hype. He's small and the talk of him being the next Ed Reed is just that, talk. he completely disappeared in the Vtech-Tenn beating in which Tenn gave up 37 and Berry was nowhere to be found.

The rampa-2 doesn't need two great safeties. In years past the Bucs would draft a bigger slower CB and turn him into a S (TJ, Dwight Smith, Dexter Jackson< Damien Robinson)... we don't need to spend a high pick on a guy that disappears when needed most or plays a position that is not of highest importance.

The Bucs need a UT, plain and simple.

Suh
McCoy
Price
Houston
Alualu

are the guys that fit the bill, if Suh is gone, I say we trade down... I'm completely sold on McCoy... or Suh for that matter, he struggled against bigger OGs all season long (see games vs Texas Tech and Arizona), I really like Brian Price in the mid first if we can trade down there to pick him. Lamarr Houston had as good a bowl game as any DT in the country... Alualu played DE in the 3-4 but he could project to a UT and be a force... both shouldn't be picked umtil round 2 at the earliest.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This recent trend with mocks in which the Bucs pass on Gerald McCoy for Eric Berry is driving me nuts.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

guys guys

if we took berry could we put him at cb. i've heard he projects well to both positions

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:23 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there anything wrong with drafting McClain this high? Considering the secondary for the bucs was top 10 pick up McClain to stop run? I could see Okung here as well
Go Amare.
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Is there anything wrong with drafting McClain this high? Considering the secondary for the bucs was top 10 pick up McClain to stop run? I could see Okung here as well
McClain would only make sense if Barrett Ruud is moved this off-season, which would have to be done through a trade, since he'll be a RFA unless a new CBA is reached.

As for Okung, I wouldn't whine about it. The Bucs could use some offensive line help, though any tackle they draft would likely end up playing RT, since that's the position we need to upgrade. It's hardly the most pressing need the Bucs have, though.

Derrick Morgan could also be the choice, since the Bucs desperately need some talent on the defensive line. If both Suh and McCoy are gone, don't be surprised if the Bucs either select Morgan at 3 or decide to trade down a bit and see if they can select him there while acquiring an extra pick or two.

Just remember: The Buccaneers MUST upgrade the defensive tackle position in some way this off-season. Hovan and Sims on the interior of our line for another season just isn't going to cut it. We need a young guy like Suh, McCoy, Price, Alualu or Atkins (my top 5 choices, in that order) who can collapse the pocket and help bring the line back to the form we haven't seen since Warren Sapp left.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Berry over McCoy is stupid. If you get a chance at a penetrating UT like McCoy you have to take him. Especially if it is ahead of a safety, albeit a very good one.

Old 01-20-2010, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Quote:
Berry over McCoy is stupid. If you get a chance at a penetrating UT like McCoy you have to take him. Especially if it is ahead of a safety, albeit a very good one.
And let's not forget that the safety class is very deep, while there are only a few defensive tackles in this draft who fit the kind of guy the Bucs are looking for.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:53 PM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.

Looks like D. Stuckey is high on their list and that he would have to be taken with one of our 2nd round picks, according to pewter report.... More and more I am thinking Berry is not a realistic pick.. Especially with questions regarding Penn..
Old 01-20-2010, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyG View Post
Looks like D. Stuckey is high on their list and that he would have to be taken with one of our 2nd round picks, according to pewter report.... More and more I am thinking Berry is not a realistic pick.. Especially with questions regarding Penn..
The whole Penn situation will be sorted soon.

For all we know Okung, McCoy, Berry and McClain could all be legitimate picks depending on who is available and whether Ruud and Penn leave/stay.

Old 01-20-2010, 09:00 PM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

Quote:
The whole Penn situation will be sorted soon.
Profootballweekly.com has a good little story about how the Buc's want to resign Penn but they are not going to offer him a big deal because of his work ethic and that they likely will draft a OT with a high pick anyways...
Old 01-20-2010, 09:13 PM    (permalink
GhostDeini
Rookie

GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini

Thread.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyG View Post
Profootballweekly.com has a good little story about how the Buc's want to resign Penn but they are not going to offer him a big deal because of his work ethic and that they likely will draft a OT with a high pick anyways...
Penn's poor work ethic is really disappointing. He's got the skill to be an elite OT, but doesn't seem to have the desire needed to achieve that status. His level of play dropped dramatically this season primarily because he put on so much weight. (After seeing some close-ups of him during games, I wondered how he even got his helmet onto his head.)
Old 01-22-2010, 02:41 PM    (permalink
DJC
Veteran

DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
Penn's poor work ethic is really disappointing. He's got the skill to be an elite OT, but doesn't seem to have the desire needed to achieve that status. His level of play dropped dramatically this season primarily because he put on so much weight. (After seeing some close-ups of him during games, I wondered how he even got his helmet onto his head.)
This. There's some real issues if it's your CONTRACT YEAR and you can't even be motivated enough to control your weight somewhat. Definitely a concern when we're talking franchise LT money.

Sig by BoneKrusher
DJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJC View Post
This. There's some real issues if it's your CONTRACT YEAR and you can't even be motivated enough to control your weight somewhat. Definitely a concern when we're talking franchise LT money.
Honestly, I doubt the CBA gets renewed so we should be able to put a 1st/3rd tender on Penn, keep him for at least one more year and see what happens with him next season.