Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 10-10-2010, 07:19 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like Michigan will beat PSU. PSU seems to be in for a long year. Iowa? Different story. What are your guys' thoughts on the upcoming Wisky OSU battle?

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
I feel like Michigan will beat PSU. PSU seems to be in for a long year. Iowa? Different story. What are your guys' thoughts on the upcoming Wisky OSU battle?
Not really going to be much of a battle if Wisconsin comes out like they did against Sparty.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 07:43 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wisconsin has given OSU their best game pretty much every time they play, especially in Camp Randall. Night road games at Wisconsin are not what the doctor ordered for teams trying to go undefeated. I think Tressel is gonna try to pass all over Wisconsin with Pryor and Posey and Sanzenbacher playing so well and the power running game being stinky.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:17 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They're not going to come out against us the way they did with Sparty. They're going to want us - bad. I like what we did against IU using Saine as the third receiver. Don't know if it will be as effective against Wisky though. Would like us to get Berry the ball in space somehow via screens or swing passes early on.

Obviously, Pryor will look to his saviors in Posey and Sanzo because, well, Pryor simply refuses to go a game through without going deep at least once I feel like. They should both have good games.

On defense, I would like to see a tandem of Larimore and Hankins at DT together with Simon and Heyward at the end position. That should make for a hell of an attempt to stop Clay. I think we can match well with them, excited for this showdown.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:33 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love our front seven's versatility with Simon and Heyward both playing some DE and some 3 technique DT, the big space eaters who get serious push in Larimore and Hankins, and then Nathan Williams who lines up at DE and OLB and sometimes even middle linebacker. Our DLine vs Wisky's OLine will be a great matchup.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
I love our front seven's versatility with Simon and Heyward both playing some DE and some 3 technique DT, the big space eaters who get serious push in Larimore and Hankins, and then Nathan Williams who lines up at DE and OLB and sometimes even middle linebacker. Our DLine vs Wisky's OLine will be a great matchup.
What's it like having a defense that, you know, defends?
Old 10-11-2010, 10:21 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
What's it like having a defense that, you know, defends?
It's actually pretty awesome. I love being in games where you have to worry about scoring points, rather than worrying about how much you will let up. I would take a defense that allows 10 pts/game and an offense that is inconsistent or lacks major scoring ability over an offense that scores 40 a game but is a lock to allow at least 30.

Then again, it's kinda ridiculous that I've been spoiled by having this for both Iowa and the Bears. But when the defense fails or has a down year, it's pretty depressing (see the Chicago Bears for the last 2 years).
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:36 AM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ohio State getting the #1 ranking going into Camp Randall at Night is terrifying.

The Buckeyes SHOULD dominate, but they have a horrible track record there.

And not having a worthwhile running back who can do their damage between the tackles doesn't help.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Old 10-11-2010, 06:21 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

it's glorious.

it seems it feels much better to play a team who everyone says has an offense that will score on anyone and then we stop them, than it is to play a team with a defense who everyone says can't be scored on and then you score a ton on them. Specifically Miami in 03 and Oregon this year.

Last edited by keylime_5 : 10-11-2010 at 06:23 PM.
keylime_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:12 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And an Illinois poster just compared Leshoure/Ford to Ingram/Richardson. All I can do is shake my head. Their fans online are like a brutal car wreck...it's awful, but I can't look away.

And yes, I'm kind of obsessed with how irrational they are. It's just way too entertaining to avoid.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm worried about the Wisconsin game. Playing @ Wisconsin makes this a very tough game.

Wisconsin has a great OL. I think they'll come out ready to play and put on a great game.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
And an Illinois poster just compared Leshoure/Ford to Ingram/Richardson. All I can do is shake my head. Their fans online are like a brutal car wreck...it's awful, but I can't look away.
Was it bigbenn/ThaKid?
Old 10-12-2010, 12:01 PM    (permalink
HindSight
Veteran

HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Was it bigbenn/ThaKid?
I think we both know the answer to that question without looking it up lol
HindSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:23 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://genuinelysarcastic.blogspot.c...usionment.html

The MGobloggers will lose their minds, especially since Brian linked to it, but you'd have to be a blind RR fluffer to disagree with just about anything in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 04:23 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HindSight View Post
I think we both know the answer to that question without looking it up lol
Surprisingly, no. At least I don't think it was.

To be fair, it's not like the entire fan base thinks this way, but a good amount do. One win over a "name" team (no matter how good they are) and they are talking about running the table and having comparable backs to the best RB duo in the country, which includes a Heisman winner. It's been entertaining over the years, but it's starting to get sad.

I mean, it's sad when Iowa fans think they are historically a big time program (yes, a lot think that), but at least in my experience when they are down they admit as such and pretend like their 7-5 team is a competitor for the conference title.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:08 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

So being that I'm at work, naturally I'm bored. Here are rivals "power rankings" for defensive coaches:

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/vi...44&cs_key=2567

If you notice, Norm Parker went from 3rd in week 5 to unranked. Why? Because news came out that he had his foot amputated. Apparently in order to be one of the top DCs in the country, you need 2 feet. Sorry Norm. We're ******.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:12 PM    (permalink
ToldLikeItIs
Pro Bowler

ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How healthy is Mike Martin?
ToldLikeItIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 05:46 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Come to Minnesota, Troy Calhoun.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 05:48 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So being that I'm at work, naturally I'm bored. Here are rivals "power rankings" for defensive coaches:

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/vi...44&cs_key=2567

If you notice, Norm Parker went from 3rd in week 5 to unranked. Why? Because news came out that he had his foot amputated. Apparently in order to be one of the top DCs in the country, you need 2 feet. Sorry Norm. We're ******.
Not like he has a leg to stand on...

ba-zing.

But seriously, that sucks
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:55 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
Not like he has a leg to stand on...

ba-zing.

But seriously, that sucks
Ya, not that it matters because it's just power rankings. Everyone knows Norm is great at what he does. I just thought it was hilarious that they dropped him from 3rd to NR the week it comes out that he lost his foot. I mean, he's still gonna coach at some point this season (hopefully), it's not like he died.

Also, I had a dream last night about the Iowa-Michigan game. Iowa went up 10-0 real early, then for some reason the dream skipped to the last minute of the 4th quarter with Michigan up 24-14. Yes, Iowa went from 10 pts to 14 pts. And Clayborn then picked a screen pass, because with less than a minute RichRod called a HB screen.

Needless to say, since it was dreamed, I am now extremely nervous that this will happen. It is entirely realistic, if you ask me.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:27 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ya, not that it matters because it's just power rankings. Everyone knows Norm is great at what he does. I just thought it was hilarious that they dropped him from 3rd to NR the week it comes out that he lost his foot. I mean, he's still gonna coach at some point this season (hopefully), it's not like he died.

Also, I had a dream last night about the Iowa-Michigan game. Iowa went up 10-0 real early, then for some reason the dream skipped to the last minute of the 4th quarter with Michigan up 24-14. Yes, Iowa went from 10 pts to 14 pts. And Clayborn then picked a screen pass, because with less than a minute RichRod called a HB screen.

Needless to say, since it was dreamed, I am now extremely nervous that this will happen. It is entirely realistic, if you ask me.
If you guys only had 14 points, then your dream skipped over the part where your entire first, second and third string offense died and you were using random dudes off the street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 01:25 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
If you guys only had 14 points, then your dream skipped over the part where your entire first, second and third string offense died and you were using random dudes off the street.
I was going to say maybe Kirk and Rich had a gentlemen's agreement before the game started. Your defense sucks, our offense isn't good, lets just give everyone what they want to see. 60 minutes of Michigan offense vs. Iowa defense.

I keep flipping between excited and scared for Saturday. At least when we play like MSU or OSU we know what to expect from them. Who the **** knows with Michigan.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/...for-the-season

PSU S Nick Sukay out for the year.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:19 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Man, that's some suckay news for PSU.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote