Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-23-2010, 08:17 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for making me laugh fellas :)
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:38 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Well, it's pretty obvious that Michigan needs all the extra practice it can get whereas the tats weren't absolutely necessary (other than to raise street cred and swagger, which obviously helped in the beatdown of Miami), so maybe OSU should get punished harder. ;)
you joke but this is true.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:29 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who the hell is going to win this division next year now?

Wisconsin: Loses stars Carimi and Kendricks, possibly J.J. Watt, Moffitt (I think?), Tolzien, possibly Clay. At best they lose their QB, the left side of their line, and their dual threat TE.

Ohio State: Loses Heyward, has the suspensions, a few seniors on defense at MLB and S.

Iowa: Loses Stanzi, Clayborn, 3 starting defensive lineman I think, not sure who else.

Michigan State: ? don't really know, Cousins is a junior and will probably return

3 out of the top 4 (maybe all) are losing their starting QB, probably a first round defensive end and a bunch of other key pieces

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ohio State's suspensions don't really affect them that much in Big 10 play. They can probably beat MSU at home.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 05:26 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Ohio State's suspensions don't really affect them that much in Big 10 play. They can probably beat MSU at home.
It will if they all leave for the draft instead of missing 5 games of their senior years. I hope they realize that even though they miss 5 (or fewer if they get extremely lucky and have the suspensions reduced after appeal), they will still have 8 or 9 games (if they go to the big ten title game) as seniors.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:50 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Who the hell is going to win this division next year now?

Wisconsin: Loses stars Carimi and Kendricks, possibly J.J. Watt, Moffitt (I think?), Tolzien, possibly Clay. At best they lose their QB, the left side of their line, and their dual threat TE.

Ohio State: Loses Heyward, has the suspensions, a few seniors on defense at MLB and S.

Iowa: Loses Stanzi, Clayborn, 3 starting defensive lineman I think, not sure who else.

Michigan State: ? don't really know, Cousins is a junior and will probably return

3 out of the top 4 (maybe all) are losing their starting QB, probably a first round defensive end and a bunch of other key pieces
Stanzi, LG Vandervelde, DJK, TE Reisner, Klug, Clayborn and Ballard from the DL, Greenwood at FS, and possibly Sash at SS if he leaves early.

LG won't be bad to replace, we should have a pretty good OL next year.

DJK was awesome but I don't think the WR will drop off much. Like wise at TE.

DL could be a problem, but they said that after Kroul and King left 2 years ago. Also, we really have 2 starting caliber players coming back on the DL.

Really, if Sash leaves, that's where we are ******. Unless our corners step up and become lockdown, our pass D is going to be pretty ugly.

We should still be able to go like 8-4 though.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 07:57 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Pryor leaves, Nebraska should be the favorite next year.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 07:58 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Indiana will be the favorites. Followed by Purdue and Minnesota.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:26 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

depends on how good Miller is. We won the Big Ten (shared with Penn State) in 2008 with a true freshman starting QB. I don't think Pryor leaves though, I think he stays and plays the final 8 or 9 games of 2011.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
depends on how good Miller is. We won the Big Ten (shared with Penn State) in 2008 with a true freshman starting QB. I don't think Pryor leaves though, I think he stays and plays the final 8 or 9 games of 2011.
Heh, I have a feeling that is some blind optimism.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:19 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Heh, I have a feeling that is some blind optimism.
Agreed. Scarlet hopium.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:19 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

I'm not optimistic that Herron or Posey or Adams come back. Pryor I think is in a different situation because he is a quarterback and he has lots more to prove and he probably won't be happy with what they tell him his draft position will be.

The suspensions are 5 games (possibly could be reduced) so they have 8 games to play their senior years, 9 if they make the Big Ten Title game. If the number is reduced then they play 9 or 10 games in 2011 after being suspended. That's a lot of football either way. 2 of those games they'll miss are Akron and Toledo.

Last edited by keylime_5 : 12-23-2010 at 10:26 PM.
keylime_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:10 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
I'm not optimistic that Herron or Posey or Adams come back. Pryor I think is in a different situation because he is a quarterback and he has lots more to prove and he probably won't be happy with what they tell him his draft position will be.

The suspensions are 5 games (possibly could be reduced) so they have 8 games to play their senior years, 9 if they make the Big Ten Title game. If the number is reduced then they play 9 or 10 games in 2011 after being suspended. That's a lot of football either way. 2 of those games they'll miss are Akron and Toledo.
I don't want him back. He's proven time and again that he's a knucklehead. Combine that with the rumors that I've read on this board over the past few years (I think from Shane, sorry if wrong) and I'm done with him. Wins or not, he's a me first guy that is an entitled prima donna. When you act like that, you better not get into trouble, and he does.

I think that they are all just immature, and using the excuse that they didn't know that it was wrong is laughable. On the otherhand, the fact that it IS wrong is pretty laughable.

Regardless, one shouldn't get too worked up about it. They are young and immature kids that are treated like rock stars. Crap happens. I am just becoming increasingly disillusioned with the CFB system, from the NCAA to the conferences, to the schools. The kids are exploited and it's all about the money at the end of the day. This has been proven time and again with how the NCAA, conferences, networks, schools, ADs, coaches, and players have behaved.

Every single one of them is trying to protect their piece of a very corrupt pie. We all love to bag on one another's teams and their misfortunes with the NCAA rules book. At the end of the day, they all pull unethical moves and make decisions that are extremely selfish. That's life, but the way the NCAA works it makes the sport unbelievably corrupt. There is simply too much money out there and people act very stupidly when large sums of money are involved.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, if all these players leave OSU I think Nebraska could step in and be the favorite. But they have a pretty rough schedule to welcome them to the Big Ten.

And wouldn't that just make the Big Ten haters' day if Nebraska showed up and won it in their first year.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 01:16 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I forgot about Nebraska. They would probably be my favorite as well.

As much as I rip apart Pryor as a pro prospect, he is a good college football player. If he goes pro I don't think OSU wins the division. Either way they are going to have a hard time against MSU and maybe Miami (FL).

How does Michigan State project to next year? I know the least about that team by far and while they look to be losing a few highly rated seniors, I think most of their team will remain intact. Of the 4 (besides Nebraska) they are the only one with a returning QB, Pryor aside.

The "Leaders" division looks like a weak race between WI and OSU. The "Legends" division looks stronger between MSU and Nebraska. God those names are terrible. Can't they at least make them sound different so we can actually keep track of which is which? The logo makes me want to puke as well.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Last edited by umphrey : 12-26-2010 at 01:19 PM.
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Although it's been rumored for many years now, I have read that JoePa's family is asking him to step down due to have a lot of health problems. Could step down before the bowl game.

I wonder if this is why Bradley hasn't taken another job yet.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:46 AM    (permalink
HindSight
Veteran

HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

with the rumors of Paternos health go the rumors that they aren't hiring from within.
HindSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:40 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Although it's been rumored for many years now, I have read that JoePa's family is asking him to step down due to have a lot of health problems. Could step down before the bowl game.

I wonder if this is why Bradley hasn't taken another job yet.
I hope so. I think the time has come.

Ideally, I would want a young, intelligent and energetic HC, preferably from NFL ranks. Top recruits seem to gravitate to those kinds of guys.

But if he does step down, I expect a promotion from within. Bradley or Jay (please, not him) would probably be the leading candidates.

Sig by Primetime21
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:30 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hope he does, but I dont think it'll happen.

Old 12-28-2010, 09:41 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
I really hope he does, but I dont think it'll happen.
Well, it HAS to happen eventually, doesn't it? He won't be able to do it forever.

He's not Al Davis.

Then again...

Sig by Primetime21
Old 12-28-2010, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

I just can't see it being this offseason. I think he's back at least next year. I'd love to see him step down though, it's finally time.

In better news, Big Ten bowl season is tonight.

Old 12-28-2010, 10:50 AM    (permalink
HindSight
Veteran

HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he dies, are they going to bury him, or keep him propped up on the sidelines without a headset on and pretend he's still the coach so he can keep racking up wins that aren't his?
Old 12-28-2010, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
I hope so. I think the time has come.

Ideally, I would want a young, intelligent and energetic HC, preferably from NFL ranks. Top recruits seem to gravitate to those kinds of guys.

But if he does step down, I expect a promotion from within. Bradley or Jay (please, not him) would probably be the leading candidates.
Firstly, I think JoePa should retire after this year, not because he's lost his touch or anything but because he is no longer a rock. He's definitely been having some MAJOR health issues ever since that hip injury and I think its time he steps down to address his personal health. The university would never shut him out completely and he can always help out in the athletic department and such but its time he goes because I have a real fear of him having a stroke or heart attack every time he goes after the refs.

Next, all indications are that a promotion from within is absolutely NOT happening. In the past, Bradley hasn't even considered interviewing for other jobs because he's the logical successor for ours while this year he was clearly interested in both Pitt and Temple. Had he gotten either job, it was said he was likely taking Vandy (LBs coach) with him to become his DC and Big Red (Mike McQueary) to either coach QBs, WRs, or even OC. Those are three of the four most important coaches on the staff (LJ Sr being the fourth) as well as the recruiting coordinators for both offense and defense and I don't think any of them would be so willing to leave unless they thought they were going to be pushed out when Joe finally hangs it up. Don't get me wrong, I definitely think Bradley and Vandy (Ron Vanderlinden, was HC of Maryland from 97-2000) will get interviews but I don't foresee either of them legitimately being considered.

Word is the short list of successors includes Tony Dungy, Pat Fitzgerald, Al Golden, Greg Schiano, Gary Patterson, and Chris Peterson. Not sure if I really believe all of those, doubt Golden would do a 180 and come right back and I don't think Patterson or Peterson are really interested in leaving their schools. Schiano is no longer a hot-name but Dungy and Fitzgerald keep coming back up. I'd hate to steal a coach from another big ten team but Fitzgerald is definitely a great fit...

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:56 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Tony Dungy, huh?

Hmmm.

I'm a Colts' fan and have some mixed feelings about the job that he did there.

I bet he could recruit though.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 12-28-2010, 11:58 AM    (permalink
HindSight
Veteran

Why in the world would Tony Dungy coach at Penn State?