Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 03-12-2007, 09:31 PM    (permalink
dcsicass31birds

How many picks are we getting

is it
??????????

if so i wanna fill in the blanks
Old 03-13-2007, 07:42 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This year we have a 1,2,3,5,6,7.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:43 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

eatw is correct about this year. It is possible we'll lose a 7th rounder to Dallas for signing Fowler.

Next season, we have 2 extra 4th's already from the trades of Hicks and Hollis Thomas, plus I'm sure we're getting some compensatory picks for losing Lewis, Hood, and possibly William James.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 02:48 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
eatw is correct about this year. It is possible we'll lose a 7th rounder to Dallas for signing Fowler.

Next season, we have 2 extra 4th's already from the trades of Hicks and Hollis Thomas, plus I'm sure we're getting some compensatory picks for losing Lewis, Hood, and possibly William James.
The Titans are now in the runnign for Fowler's services ahead of us. He wouldn't cost a draft pick anyway, he got little playing time and was undrafted. I was told this by a Cowboys fan, so i don't think they would rip themselves off. We have a fourth from the Hank Fraley trade and next year's sixth or seventh from the Parry trade. We will get compensatory picks from Lewis and Hood, but not William James, he RE-SIGNED with us. Donte will also give us a compensatory pick along with Garcia. But I don't see any of those picks being higher than a fouth rounder. Most will be a sixth or seventh. Next year's draft class is looking like it has the makings to be very good already, so having tons of extra picks will be great. We may use some of next year's picks as trade bait to move up this year though.

Old 03-13-2007, 03:19 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry about missing on the James resigning. I was in Atlantic City and away from the comp for like 5 days straight. It kind of sucked not having access.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 03-13-2007, 03:21 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

The Eagles will get some combination of picks for all of their lost FA's. There is a formula out there. They won't necessarily get single picks for single lost FA's, but they will probably get at least 3 compensatory picks next season. Looks like they have all 7 of their picks next year, plus 2 extra 4th's, plus an extra late rounder, plus compensatories. Lots of prospects...

Old 03-13-2007, 06:23 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Sorry about missing on the James resigning. I was in Atlantic City and away from the comp for like 5 days straight. It kind of sucked not having access.
Don't be sorry, just thought that was something that everyone was aware of. But you had other circumstances, so I could see why you wouldn't know.

Old 03-13-2007, 06:25 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

They won't necessarily get single picks for single lost FA's, but they will probably get at least 3 compensatory picks next season. Looks like they have all 7 of their picks next year, plus 2 extra 4th's, plus an extra late rounder, plus compensatories.

I don't know why the quotes didn't work, but that was said in the post two above. They only have one extra 4th rounder that I am aware of, and that is from the Hank Fraley trade. They have two fourth rounders, but not two extra ones, unless you can find where the other extra one came from, I am pretty sure we only have one extra fourth rounder next year.

Old 03-13-2007, 06:29 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Another thing, I am pretty sure you can't get compensatory picks for combinations of players. You only get the pick if a player is worth one in the first place. Two players can not be combined to make one compensatory pick, as far as I know anyway.

Old 03-14-2007, 08:32 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I was pretty sure the Eagles got 1 from Fraley and another from either the Hicks to the Vikings deal or the trade of Hollis Thomas to the Saints.

Old 03-15-2007, 06:27 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I was pretty sure the Eagles got 1 from Fraley and another from either the Hicks to the Vikings deal or the trade of Hollis Thomas to the Saints.
Thoe guys were just used to move up in this past year's draft.

Old 03-15-2007, 09:04 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure they got extra 2008 draft picks for some of those guys.

Old 03-15-2007, 12:25 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We got a 4th round pick for Fraley

Heres the deal on Hicks and Thomas.

As for the Hollis Thomas and Artis Hicks trades, here is how it worked. We traded Thomas to move up 9 spots, where we took MJG. Then we traded Artis Hicks to swap fourths with Minnesota, and we also got their sixth round pick. From there we took Minnesota's fourth and sixth round picks and traded them to Green Bay to move up in the 4th where we took Jason Avant.

Also I believe we have an extra draft pick we got from our trade with Seattle for Josh Parry. I believe it was a conditional 6th/7th rounder, which turned out to be a 7th.

So we have an extra 4th and an extra 7th. Those are the only extra picks that I am aware of right now.

Last edited by cunningham06 : 03-15-2007 at 12:33 PM.
cunningham06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:39 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
We got a 4th round pick for Fraley

Heres the deal on Hicks and Thomas.

As for the Hollis Thomas and Artis Hicks trades, here is how it worked. We traded Thomas to move up 9 spots, where we took MJG. Then we traded Artis Hicks to swap fourths with Minnesota, and we also got their sixth round pick. From there we took Minnesota's fourth and sixth round picks and traded them to Green Bay to move up in the 4th where we took Jason Avant.

Also I believe we have an extra draft pick we got from our trade with Seattle for Josh Parry. I believe it was a conditional 6th/7th rounder, which turned out to be a 7th.

So we have an extra 4th and an extra 7th. Those are the only extra picks that I am aware of right now.
Thats what I have been trying to say.

Old 03-17-2007, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Rob331
Rookie

Rob331 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Eagles got lae round picks in 2008 for both Josh Parry and Hank Fraley. I believe Artis Hicks and Hollis Thomas were part of trades up in last years draft. My memory might be failing me but it seems one of them was part of oving up for Max Jean Gillis.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:18 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob331 View Post
The Eagles got lae round picks in 2008 for both Josh Parry and Hank Fraley. I believe Artis Hicks and Hollis Thomas were part of trades up in last years draft. My memory might be failing me but it seems one of them was part of oving up for Max Jean Gillis.
That is right, and the other was to get Gocong.

Old 03-19-2007, 09:10 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I thought we got a little more than that, but I could very well be wrong. Regardless, the team is looking pretty good in next year's draft.

Old 03-19-2007, 02:59 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I agree, we have at least four extra picks when you include compensatories, and it could be as many as six.

Old 03-22-2007, 02:34 PM    (permalink
DowntownReggieBrown
Rookie

DowntownReggieBrown hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I fully expect Walker or Rayburn to be traded for our missing 4th now that Reagor is here. I don't think they can carry all of those DTs

1. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
2. Chris Williams
3. Kenny Phillips
4. Devin Thomas
DowntownReggieBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 02:49 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

It is most likely Walker who will be traded, but it may be for a fifth, because he is getting up there in age and is truly a one-trick pony. He may hold a lot more value to a team that is looking for a pass-rushing DT. I'm pretty sure he has had the third most sacks of any DT in the last three years, or something like that. I know he is behind Warren Sapp, but I don't remember who is in second.

Old 03-22-2007, 05:00 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
It is most likely Walker who will be traded, but it may be for a fifth, because he is getting up there in age and is truly a one-trick pony. He may hold a lot more value to a team that is looking for a pass-rushing DT. I'm pretty sure he has had the third most sacks of any DT in the last three years, or something like that. I know he is behind Warren Sapp, but I don't remember who is in second.
I think its Kevin Williams.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp_eagles View Post
I think its Kevin Williams.
He is a run-stuffer. Him and Pat Williams are the best run-stuffing combo in the NFL. I don't think it was him.

Old 03-22-2007, 07:46 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Walker is up there, but he isn't third.

Kevin Williams is a good pass rusher as well, he's a pretty complete DT. Camp_Eagles is right, Williams has had about 20 sacks over the past 3 seasons while Walker has had 13. Rod Coleman, Rocky Bernard, Raheem Brock, and Laroi Glover in addition to Warren Sapp are above Walker. So unless I forgot someone he's seventh.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:21 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Maybe I was confusing it with something else, but I know it was reported that Walker had the third most sacks during some stretdch in time. It may have been the first few games of htis season or something like that. I heard it during one of the games, so I don't remember exactly.

Old 03-23-2007, 02:12 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
He is a run-stuffer. Him and Pat Williams are the best run-stuffing combo in the NFL. I don't think it was him.
I strongly disagree with that statement. Marcus Stroud and John Henderson are much more dominating. Kevin Williams is on par with both these guys, but Pat Williams is aging and can't really keep up. In reality, Pat Williams in his prime wasn't as good as Stroud and Henderson are now.